Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3728447 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3808) (3809) (3810) (3811) (3812) (3813) (3814) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26
oyaskii:

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it".....

Fantasy books are one of the hardest to write. Authors of these seemingly, have to create new worlds, places, continents, languages, food, religions, species, often from scratch and spin them into large volumes of books, so props to J.R.R. Tolkien for writing this, but do you know what i think is even harder than this? turning all these into a visual spectacle that is etched in one's memory for a lifetime.

Peter Jackson's LOTR series did exactly this!, A beautiful adaptation of a great book. Everything was pretty good, Good cast, good use of VFX, incredible cinematography, in fact the complete package. I copped the extended version, and you need to clock in around 12 hours and 6 minutes! straight to see all 3 in one stretch but it doesn't even feel like a chore because of how good they are. I'm due a yearly re-run soonest.

The LOTR is such an aesthetically, culturally and historically important lore, that, me thinks, if we somehow make contact with aliens in the future and we are trying to show them our very best flicks from earth, a box set of these would totally be first in line 😉.

A rare 10/10 👍🏾.
and doing it all in 2003 is insane. The visual effects in this movies were totally better than all the Marvel movies of 2020 (yes, even No Way Home). I still believe those were the years of the pinnacle of Vfx. Most of the vfx shots were shot on computers that some people have at home. I remember when I was learning 3d imagery in school and we were using Cinema 4d and Massive and ZBrush, our school final project was recreating the Minas Tirith look and modeling characters of Orcs in our own style; None of ours was close to the movie in any way except we wanted to stay in the library rendering for months. The budget of all the movies was close to just 350 million which is a budget of a Marvel movie like Captain Marvel. Big shame
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EASYLIFE4US: 2:12pm On Mar 26
Dune 2.
10\10
Rewatch value 100%
I nominate it for Oscar and Grammy awards...
Excellent sequences.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 3:28pm On Mar 26
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26
EASYLIFE4US:
Dune 2.
10\10
Rewatch value 100%
I nominate it for Oscar and Grammy awards...
Excellent sequences.

Theaters or high seas
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 5:12pm On Mar 26
blingxx:

. WTF... You call that acting? 😂
lol, what do you call it? For a comedy movie it was okay

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:38pm On Mar 26
What's the hype about this Timothée Chalamet boy. I see his name everytime on Twitter
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EASYLIFE4US: 8:32pm On Mar 26
NeoWanZaeed:

Theaters or high seas
All join
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 8:53pm On Mar 26
Chibudollar:
What's the hype about this Timothée Chalamet boy. I see his name everytime on Twitter
Guy has two movies raking more than a billion dollars for the same studio in less than 4 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:43pm On Mar 26
Illusioneffect:

Guy has two movies raking more than a billion dollars for the same studio in less than 4 months

Which movies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 10:16pm On Mar 26
NeoWanZaeed:

Which movies

Should be Wonka and Dune 2

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 10thDentist: 10:29pm On Mar 26
4 horsemen of perfect trilogy.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:45am On Mar 27
10thDentist:

I will always love back to the future.

I agree with the list
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:31am On Mar 27
10thDentist:

Make i go download back to the future. Haven't seen it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:31am On Mar 27
NeoWanZaeed:

Make i go download back to the future. Haven't seen it

Na oldie. Download all 3parts and watch during the weekend holiday. You won't regret it.

Simple yet entertaining.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:45am On Mar 27
Just finished seeing shogun episode 6.

I'm curious to know how the war ends.. Who has read the book should drop spoilers abeg
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by StPete: 8:59am On Mar 27
Illusioneffect:
Basic Instinct- 1000000000/10 just for the sex scenes!!!!!!!
I don't think any movie can top the sex scenes in this movie, I had to be careful not to burst an artery because Sharon Stone is just fc gorgeous and although the most popular scene is the leg opening scene (I can't count how many times I rewind) wtf! The rest of the movie is actually neo thriller awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAzbU8hayfw?si=B-IaUv2uJc3zaZQb

[i]I can't count how many times I rewind[/I]

U mean the number of times u had to rewind while jerking off..I hope u didn't cum too hard on the sofa
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Greatdesi(m): 10:29am On Mar 27
NeoWanZaeed:

I'm curious to know how the war ends.. Who has read the book should drop spoilers abeg

You can get idea how it goes by reading the plot of the book on Wikipedia.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:08am On Mar 27
NeoWanZaeed:

Go read the book
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:15am On Mar 27
Road House.

Not a bad watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:13pm On Mar 27
10thDentist:
That Back to the Future sneak is crazy. Just slid it in there like we wouldn't notice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 27
Illusioneffect:

Tell him. Man just bagged another deal for more future movies with WB. He's presently their most priced acting talent.
Man has proved he's a box office draw and with quality projects and directors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:30pm On Mar 27
Illusioneffect:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy - 10/10
I decided to watch the movies for nostalgia's sake. When I downloaded every one of them in 1080p and realised each of them is almost 4 hours long each, I couldn't believe I went through these movies when I was a child and didn't feel anything.
Watching it now, I can say Lord of the Rings is the reason we have Marvel movies, insane plot armors and movies in epic scales right now. Guys!! this 4 hour movies were shot together and released 3 years back to back!
The quality of storytelling and visual effects is awesome but the main reason these movies are the most epic movies of all times is the worldbuilding, score and makeup. How did this guys create those Orcs so realistically! Watching them didn't even feel like 4 hours and I can imagine how awesome it would be watching this masterpiece in theatres.
This is the kind of movie that prompts centuries of discuss and fan arts
Everyone should rewatch this movies once again and give their thoughts

It's an awesome watch. Redownloaded part 1 some months back last year for a rewatch.
Haven't created that perfect timing to enjoy this masterpiece but this year I must rewatch.

Peter Jackson created magic with those films. I remember never wanting the films to end despite being surprised how long it took to finish it back when I watched it as a teen. My second most favourite franchise.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:01pm On Mar 27
🎥 3 Body Problem S01 (2024) = 6/10 ✔️ ❤️

Good series. A bit femcentric but has great potential.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 5:54pm On Mar 27
10thDentist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhc3CinJHYY?si=_AV3y8w0j_439ht3

I just saw this

The first comment hits home

You should add guardians of the galaxy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:14am On Mar 28
Poor Things 8/10

Mark Ruffalo's character was hilarious!

A logical woman is a weapon of mass destruction, no shades.

No wonder God gave them these large doses of hormones.

Fear a focused 'emotion-less' woman.

Lovely story.

4 Oscar wins? Great!

By the way, did we see all of Emma Stone in her 'birth suit' or it's all CGi?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CORPSEFUCKER: 3:06pm On Mar 28
Henry: the portrait of a serial killer

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mrblaze06: 5:40pm On Mar 28
Illusioneffect:
The Lord of the Rings trilogy - 10/10
I decided to watch the movies for nostalgia's sake. When I downloaded every one of them in 1080p and realised each of them is almost 4 hours long each, I couldn't believe I went through these movies when I was a child and didn't feel anything.
Watching it now, I can say Lord of the Rings is the reason we have Marvel movies, insane plot armors and movies in epic scales right now. Guys!! this 4 hour movies were shot together and released 3 years back to back!
The quality of storytelling and visual effects is awesome but the main reason these movies are the most epic movies of all times is the worldbuilding, score and makeup. How did this guys create those Orcs so realistically! Watching them didn't even feel like 4 hours and I can imagine how awesome it would be watching this masterpiece in theatres.
This is the kind of movie that prompts centuries of discuss and fan arts
Everyone should rewatch this movies once again and give their thoughts
Boss man,abeg where you download am,been planning to rewatch it too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:20pm On Mar 28
Mrblaze06:
Boss man,abeg where you download am,been planning to rewatch it too.

Naijaprey

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by POLS: 7:04pm On Mar 28
armadeo:
Mind cage. 1/10.

Poor rip off of the silence of the lambs with/ in her eyes a stupid twist at the end.

I just watched it to its conclusion for the sake of it.

Horrible
Avoid at all cost.

Next up smile.

Lies...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 7:18pm On Mar 28
POLS:

Lies...

Have you seen silence of the lands and in her eyes ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mrblaze06: 10:07pm On Mar 28
NeoWanZaeed:

Naijaprey
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (3808) (3809) (3810) (3811) (3812) (3813) (3814) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.