Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743834 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3824) (3825) (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) (3830) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23
The folk who said Snyder's writing in movies are good is dumb, none of the film's written by Snyder has ever been good. Maybe the action is usually great but in Rebel Moon - both the writing and action are very bad, to many slow mo shots and crappy dialogue sequences. No rewatchability value. I decided to watch Watchmen recently. The movie is so baddddd!!!!! And I watched the 4 hours cut!!!! Everything is just all over the place. I don't still know what Animation is doing there!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23
Happy birthday to Jack Nicholson....

THE SHINING every damn time I think of him. wink

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:05pm On Apr 23
abduleez1:

here's Johnny!!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:07pm On Apr 23
abduleez1:

I need to rewatch the Shining. I taught is what not a good movie but maybe if I watch it on now it'll grow on me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 23
Illusioneffect:
The folk who said Snyder's writing in movies are good is dumb, none of the film's written by Snyder has ever been good. Maybe the action is usually great but in Rebel Moon - both the writing and action are very bad, to many slow mo shots and crappy dialogue sequences. No rewatchability value. I decided to watch Watchmen recently. The movie is so baddddd!!!!! And I watched the 4 hours cut!!!! Everything is just all over the place. I don't still know what Animation is doing there!!!

I beg to differ.... I might give Snyder flak most of the time for poor writing and directing for most of his films but Watchmen and 300 are masterpieces/ work of ART for me.

Watchmen especially was way ahead of it's time. It's the "The Boys" and "Invincible" which everyone seems to be enjoying now.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23
Illusioneffect:

I need to rewatch the Shining. I taught is what not a good movie but maybe if I watch it on now it'll grow on me

When I watched the movie some years back I never really enjoyed the movie, especially it was a period I was not a fan of the horror genre.
It grew on me while reflecting on the movie, Nicholson's performance and it's themes and watching it's spiritual sequel Doctor Sleep.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:33pm On Apr 23
πŸŽ₯ My Spy (2020) = 5/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:34pm On Apr 23
πŸŽ₯ Blood For Dust (2023) = 5.7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:37pm On Apr 23
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ The Three Musketeers D'Artagnan (2023) = 7/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

πŸŽ₯ The Three Musketeers Pt II: Milady (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

The whole movie felt rushed. Still a good story though.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:37pm On Apr 23
πŸ”Ή
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23
WB smiling to the bank...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23
πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23
abduleez1:
WB smiling to the bank...
No news about Minus One?

So Marvel Studios haven't made any money this year at all? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23
abduleez1:

Omo, so you mean say dem scam us??

E no concern me sha... I still dey see outlines of the bxxbs. grin grin
I go still watch... also lined up "Anyone But You".
Better scam.
All these movie producers go get good asset, them go de hide am. My eyes are currently set on "The Voyeurs"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23
joseph1832:
No news about Minus One?

I don wait taya for that film I don dey vex. It'd be available this May.

Marvel Studios under Disney hasn't released any major movie this year yet. Same as Disney and other subsidiaries. The first major Disney release would be Kingdom of the Planet of Apes.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23
phr0nesis:

Better scam.
All these movie producers go get good asset, them go de hide am. My eyes are currently set on "The Voyeurs"

Enjoy bruh.... I don already watch am. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23
abduleez1:

I don wait taya for that film I don dey vex. It'd be available this May.
Bro no be only you oh.

Marvel Studios under Disney hasn't released any major movie this year yet. Same as Disney and other subsidiaries. The first major Disney release would be Kingdom of the Planet of Apes.
I see. Perhaps they've ran out of ideas. What on Earth do they want to do with this Planet of The Apes again?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WrriterNg: 7:10pm On Apr 23
Ooooff... Wrong thread!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:04pm On Apr 23
Illusioneffect:

Stephen King hated the movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23
Ishilove:

Stephen King hated the movie
I heardπŸ˜‚, Stephen King is a Twitter clown so I don't care about his opinion on anything
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:38pm On Apr 23
joseph1832:
No news about Minus One?

It's coming to Amazon Prime on May but only in Japan (which does not change anything)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23
Omo, If na like this my filmography go be this year, na premium tears be this oo. 😨😒☹️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Bongadu: 9:34am On Apr 24
Why is nearly every movie released in the past five or so years so fucking dogshit?
It feels like every single one is a tax payoff
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:11am On Apr 24
Bongadu:
Why is nearly every movie released in the past five or so years so fucking dogshit?
It feels like every single one is a tax payoff
Tbh you’re so right, 99% of movies coming out since the pandemic are so bad that's why movies like Dune and Oppenheimer was an event
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:21am On Apr 24
Movies I watched this week:
Pan's Labyrinth: 8/10 - one of the most beautiful movies I have ever watched; a well written masterpiece and the best Spanish movie I have ever watched. Immaculate- 6/10: Not bad.
Rebel Moon: Scargiver: 2/10 - I saw the movie.
Friends with benefits: 8/10 - Mila Kunis is so drop dead gorgeous amd the chemistry with Timberlake was so impressive i laughed my ass off everytime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:36pm On Apr 24
Illusioneffect:
He didn't write "Watchmen" and I think that movie turned out ok.

If he had shifted the writing duties of Rebel Moon to a proper screen writer, and just focused on the directing, the movie might have had a slight chance of been worthwhile.

But the reverse was the case, he couldn't sell the characters, and he actually wanted us to believe that the Imperium with all the technological advancement of warfare, space ship and what not, can't hack grain farming, and might actually starve if they don't descend on a tiny village with piss poor farmers for their grains? He must be seriously joking.

He was making comments, like 100m people has seen "Rebel Moon" meaning, if the movie had a theatrical release, then it would have grossed $1.6bn at the box office!. It was there i knew he had totally lost it and was probably far gone on opium.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HeadPrincipal: 2:45pm On Apr 24
oyaskii:

If he had shifted the writing duties of Rebel Moon to a proper screen writer, and just focused on the directing, the movie might have had a slight chance of been worthwhile.

But the reverse was the case, he couldn't sell the characters, and he actually wanted us to believe that the Imperium with all the technological advancement of warfare, space ship and what not, can't hack grain farming, and might actually starve if they don't descend on a tiny village with piss poor farmers for their grains? He must be seriously joking.

He was making comments, like 100m people has seen "Rebel Moon" meaning, if the movie had a theatrical release, then it would have grossed $1.6bn at the box office!. It was there i knew he had totally lost it and was probably far gone on opium

Copium sir. Zack Snyder is desperately trying to cope with his failure of a film. His head went big after people hailed him for the Snyder cut of Justice league.

Pity

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 24
oyaskii:

He was making comments, like 100m people has seen "Rebel Moon" meaning, if the movie had a theatrical release, then it would have grossed $1.6bn at the box office!. It was there i knew he had totally lost it and was probably far gone on opium.

grin grin grin
If I talk na people go say I talk and come for my head. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I've long stopped taking that man seriously for anything that has to do with filmmaking. Zack Snyder is the only popular Hollywood director that relies on director's cut to properly tell a cohesive story. He knows he's mediocre so uses the cut as a way to excuse his inadequacy.

When I dey talk say that man dey calculate trash the last time with his inaccurate Netflix, na think say I dey joke or na beef. If Netflix get 200 million subscribers, na all of them go watch him film. Not to even talk about the genre and taste differences. His films after the DCEU era lack true actual top tier stars. And he's proven over time he's not even a box office draw just by his name.
Na person wey no fit deliver common $1bn or $900mn in the first live action film to feature Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all at once, in 2016 peak superhero fandom. Shey na that one wan dey make mouth about $1.6bn wey I go mind am. πŸ™„ Wetin only Joker and bΓΊtt of jokes Aquaman go deliver.

I can bet my last kobo, if Rebel Moon was released in theatres, that thing won't sniff $100mn worldwide. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Even with all the rave and noise he and his fans made for years, his ZSJL cut couldn't even beat the likes of Wonder Woman 1984, Mortal Kombat etc. or other movies released in day and date theatrical/vod release.

That man just uses his fans anyhow cos he knows there are dedicated "sheeples" to easily manipulate. πŸ‘‡πŸ½πŸ‘‡πŸ½
Perfect example of a vibes and insha'Allah director.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 24
joseph1832:
Bro no be only you oh.

I see. Perhaps they've ran out of ideas. What on Earth do they want to do with this Planet of The Apes again?

Based on the synopsis for this sequel, it looks good to me. They're now in an era where the Apes are now the dominant species and not humans.
Man is now the prey.

This looks interesting man judging by the trailer and the action.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24
abduleez1:

Based on the synopsis for this sequel, it looks good to me. They're now in an era where the Apes are now the dominant species and not humans.
Man is now the prey.

This looks interesting man judging by the trailer and the action.
OH really. From what you said, looks like the original to me, the one that star Mark Wahlberg, Estella Warren and Kris Kristopherson. Only that one involved Time Warp and so on...

I'll have to go watch the trailer, lemme see for myself.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:48pm On Apr 24
πŸŽ₯ Monkey Man (2024) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Brutal, Thrilling. Just lacked a bit of direction.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:49pm On Apr 24
πŸŽ₯ Arthur The King (2024) = 6.1/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3824) (3825) (3826) (3827) (3828) (3829) (3830) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Gr8lex(m), GloriousGbola, Ikanium(m), jikins(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.