Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,203 members, 7,860,316 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3829733 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (3863) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 7:36pm On May 15, 2018
newjosboy:

U mean u did not enjoy 'the Croods"? Mehn, u are fastidious!
I said I enjoyed Moana and the crood
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Sheungbengar(m): 8:18pm On May 15, 2018
koice:

- Ready Player One
- Death Note
- Radius
- 12 Strong
- Game Night
- Black Swan
- Enemy
- Revenge
- The Endless

bro, can you rate these Movies?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2018
newjosboy:
U mean u did not enjoy 'the Croods"? Mehn, u are fastidious!
read properly and try to understand what the person is saying b4 u conclude
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:04pm On May 15, 2018
armadeo:

Jason Bateman is a fool. Lol. I really enjoyed the movie. The fact that they are comedic acting seriously was epic. I love his underdog roles.

7.5/10.
He and Sudaikis are among my favourite comedic actors. I will so watch the movie again grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:06pm On May 15, 2018
armadeo:

I liked hard-core Henry. It had a first player approach to it. If you play video games you will feel the movie.

They showed his face at the end.
Young man, why are you addicted to spoiling?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:07pm On May 15, 2018
Beorn:

Top late. Chai, I feel pained mehn. That was my precious MB wasted. And it had high ratings. O chim!!
Lmaaaao!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:09pm On May 15, 2018
armadeo:

I couldn't even finish watching it. I was irritated.

Early man was wack. They wanted to appeal to British soccer fans.

Peter rabbit was okay. Went with a group of kids to see it and for once I didn't sleep in the cinema cos I don't do cartoons in cinemas.

I slept through out boss baby and had to download it to finish the movie. I also slept during that too.

Guy you like sleep O cheesy grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:12pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove, you're sharing my painful posts. Thought you'd be commiserating with me. cry

I've downloaded the film since afternoon but the bad news was enough to deter me from seeing the movie. cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:14pm On May 15, 2018
armadeo:

Sorry oh. Next time when I see a movie I consider rubbish I will always post it here.

Anyway you might like it make mb no waste. Try your luck.

Please always do. This goes out to others reading my painful outbursts. Any moment you watch a crappy movie, please warn us o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:14pm On May 15, 2018
dealtinate:

Why is Andre Ayew so distressed. Did he gamble away his future?
LOL. Losses in some football matches can be as painful as such.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:17pm On May 15, 2018
I just saw that 2 mentions of mine were hidden. Who mentioned me and what did you type?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:24pm On May 15, 2018
Beorn:
Ishilove, you're sharing my painful posts. Thought you'd be commiserating with me. cry

I've downloaded the film since afternoon but the bad news was enough to deter me from seeing the movie. cry
Darling, the memes are hilarious cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2018
dealtinate:

Any top movie recommendations? Sci-fi, romcom, mystery thriller genre are all acceptable. Please no horror.

This is suppose to be the other way around, i am the one that you should asking you these, not you.

Nonetheless, have you seen live by night(thriller)? Brooklyn(romcom)? Brimstone(Mystery)?.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:35pm On May 15, 2018
dealtinate:

Yup. Better character development, continuity, longer plot, better storytelling, more relatable characters and flexibility are some of the many reasons I would rather watch a tv show than a movie in my spare time.

I don't think tv series have better character development because of longer plots.

The longer plots create room for rubbish script scene fillers, which is what led the to fall of Designated survivor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:41pm On May 15, 2018
Mark9854:
for the hardcore lovers MERANTAU is the name!
Any download link?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 15, 2018
oyetpel:

Any download link?
sure ... straight from telegram

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:08pm On May 15, 2018
Marvel 'planning Muslim superhero film'.
Marvel have a new film "in the works" in the shape of Muslim superhero Ms Marvel.
In the comic books, Ms Marvel's alter-ego is Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teenager from New Jersey.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Mark9854(m): 10:11pm On May 15, 2018
oyetpel:

Any download link?
you've been quoted with the link... download n enjoy!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 10:33pm On May 15, 2018
Just finished Deadpool 2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:12pm On May 15, 2018
I feel so. . . I don't know the right word to describe my mood. Even if it's a free MB and unlimited for that, the painful fact that I was betrayed and deceived hurts me the most.

Rotten Tomatoes used the fact I trusted them to hoodwink me. And then Eddie Redmayne, one of my best actors fooled me into thinking this movie is worth shît. Eddie's part hurts the most.

Early Man. Waste of MB/10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sleepking(m): 11:13pm On May 15, 2018
cao:
Just finished Deadpool 2.
please how was it? Honest ratings
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 15, 2018
armadeo:

Same here. The trailer is crazy.

I particularly like the part where the goon asks "what are you " and he replies : "we are venom".
cold catch me grin grin

Although most times, movies are not always as interesting as portrayed in their trailers. Some trailers are actually more interesting than the full movie itself cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:05am On May 16, 2018
Red Sparrow 10/10

The Vatican Tapes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 12:47am On May 16, 2018
sleepking:
please how was it? Honest ratings
The chimichangas were hot. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:27am On May 16, 2018
oyetpel:

I don't think tv series have better character development because of longer plots.

The longer plots create room for rubbish script scene fillers, which is what led the to fall of Designated survivor.

Don't you feel rushed whenever watching a movie? Because of the time constraint involved, movie characters goes through a comically rushed development sequence that serves to not only alienate the audience, but make the plot feel kind of half-assed. By contrast, longer plots in tv shows leave ample room for characters to maneuver at a more steady pace, hereby, creating a feeling of intimacy with their audience. Meaning, the viewers can become far more invested in tv show characters than movie characters.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:32am On May 16, 2018
oyetpel:

This is suppose to be the other way around, i am the one that you should asking you these, not you.

Nonetheless, have you seen live by night(thriller)? Brooklyn(romcom)? Brimstone(Mystery)?.

I have watched a lot in the past, but kinda lost touch with the newer ones.

Yes, I've seen all. Was hoping you'd recommend new movies. embarassed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:34am On May 16, 2018
Sheungbengar:

bro, can you rate these Movies?

- Ready Player One - 7
- Death Note - 6.5
- Radius - 8
- 12 Strong - 6
- Game Night - 7.5
- Black Swan - 8.5
- Enemy - 7
- Revenge - 6.5
- The Endless - 7
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:37am On May 16, 2018
hardwerk:
sure ... straight from telegram

What's the name of the channel.

Edit: Nevermind. Took a cue from your screenshot and have located the channel myself. It's Movieplaytk.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:06am On May 16, 2018
Beorn:
I feel so. . . I don't know the right word to describe my mood. Even if it's a free MB and unlimited for that, the painful fact that I was betrayed and deceived hurts me the most.

Rotten Tomatoes used the fact I trusted them to hoodwink me. And then Eddie Redmayne, one of my best actors fooled me into thinking this movie is worth shît. Eddie's part hurts the most.

Early Man. Waste of MB/10
ROTFL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:09am On May 16, 2018
koice:

Don't you feel rushed whenever watching a movie? Because of the time constraint involved, movie characters goes through a comically rushed development sequence that serves to not only alienate the audience, but make the plot feel kind of half-assed. By contrast, longer plots in tv shows leave ample room for characters to maneuver at a more steady pace, hereby, creating a feeling of intimacy with their audience. Meaning, the viewers can become far more invested in tv show characters than movie characters.
Series are for people who have all the time on their hands. Busier people like me just want to watch the thing, finish and move on to the next because prolonging it will only help to dampen interest.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:08am On May 16, 2018
armadeo:

Same here. The trailer is crazy.

I particularly like the part where the goon asks "what are you " and he replies : "we are venom".
There is a Venom I saw online. 2011 movie. The reviews were deadly. Is it the same movie?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:24am On May 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Series are for people who have all the time on their hands. Busier people like me just want to watch the thing, finish and move on to the next because prolonging it will only help to dampen interest.

Okay I'm officially triggered.angry

At the end of the day, it boils down to the kind of auditory or visual dessert that would help you unwind. Some prefer to curl up with a good novel, some listen to music, some prefer to unwind with video games, some prefer to relax with a good tv series, some go straight to bed, and some watch movies. It has nothing to do with being more or less of a workaholic.

I used to watch movies a lot, in fact, there was a time I was a mainstay in this particular thread, that was 3 years ago. Then I got bored. Why? Movies just don't hold your attention for long. You mostly forget about it after the final credits. It's so generic - the characters are always 2 dimensioned, good vs evil. You rarely learn anything educational from it, and it's almost always predictable. TV shows fulfill all this shortcomings, and that's why I can never really relax again with a copy of a good movie. I dabble occasionally, but only to satisfy a curiosity, that's it.

Bottom line: Go with what you prefer, just don't go around thinking that because movies rock your boat, you're automatically busier than us folks that frequents the series thread. If I were to apply your reasoning but from my pov, I would say movie watchers have short attention span. But that would be unkind for the simple fact that it just isn't true, not unlike your bold claim.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (3863) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: HeadPrincipal and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.