Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,505 members, 7,865,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3839338 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (3865) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
Viking007:
Hmmm, 9/10.
Na you sabi grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
rawdpiper:
@koicereloaded @ishilove @beorn

Please I'd like your analysis on that Acrimony movie. Which one of them is at fault? Or is it both of them?
The both of them, but the fault lies with largely with the woman because of her instability.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ishilove:

The both of them, but the fault lies with largely with the woman because of her instability.
I don't know why people keep saying this. Biko what exactly is the man's fault? What did he do? The lady single handedly ruined her life, ain't nobody's fault. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by breadplanets(f): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Viking007:
I don't know why people keep saying this. Biko what exactly is the man's fault? What did he do? The lady single handedly ruined her life, ain't nobody's fault. angry
shocked
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2018
Viking007:
Part of the cause of her bitterness is she spent 18 years of her life working her butt off while he tinkered away at his 'toy'. His experiments cost her lot and she spent her inheritance on him. What stopped him from getting at least a part time job during that time? His dependence on her increased her self of entitlement when finally hit it big

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Part of the cause of her bitterness is she spent 18 years of her life working her butt off while he tinkered away at his 'toy'. His experiments cost her lot and she spent her inheritance on him. What stopped him from getting at least a part time job during that time? His dependence on her increased her self of entitlement when finally hit it big

They got married remember? It's not like she was forced into it. Apparently he knew what he was doing, he also sacrificed his own life too. And he did got a job, he was working before the life changing call came in, not forgetting all the insults from the girl's sisters...all these he endured.

To me, the lesson learnt should be - total support, loyalty & commitment to your spouse regardless of what outsiders say, the moment she started listening to what people say, she lost it. By the way, the so called "toy" later became a goldmine. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ishilove:

If she had shown support for him with the battery research from the beginning, she wouldn't have been in any anguish and bitterness. It was the lack of support that was secretly and gradually biting her deep inside.
This led her to taking decisions based clouded by emotions.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
The Endless.
Me I no understand that movie o.
As in ehn, the people in that camp, will they live there forever young?
Somebori Shud explain to me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2018
rawdpiper:
@koicereloaded_ @ishilove_ @beorn_

Please I'd like your analysis on that Acrimony movie. Which one of them is at fault? Or is it both of them?

Emotions and empathy aside, the lady was at fault.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
newjosboy:

If she had shown support for him with the battery research from the beginning, she wouldn't have been in any anguish and bitterness. It was the lack of support that was secretly and gradually biting her deep inside.

How? Taraji showed excess support even to the extent of losing her mother's house.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by breadplanets(f): 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
newjosboy:

Really? Pls what kind of support are you talking about here? Maybe support means another thing altogether cos ayam not understanding
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
Viking007:

They got married remember? It's not like she was forced into it. Apparently he knew what he was doing, he also sacrificed his own life too. And he did got a job, he was working before the life changing call came in, not forgetting all the insults from the girl's sisters...all these he endured.

To me, the lesson learnt should be - total support, loyalty & commitment to your spouse regardless of what outsiders say, the moment she started listening to what people say, she lost it. By the way, the so called "toy" later became a goldmine. tongue

Imagine if the toy didn't become a goldmine? Who will be at fault, cos the lady spent her fortune on it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2018
oyetpel:

Imagine if the toy didn't become a goldmine? Who will be at fault, cos the lady spent her fortune on it.
Marriage is for better for worse. It's nobody's fault, they would have simply moved on, get jobs etc. But the lady chose to jump ship & Ishilove is trying to blame my guy. angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Calibre

Pretty impressed with it, went in with low expectations because of Netflix bad run of form lately, but is surprised at how good it actually was. It's an example of how a straightforward plot can be crafted into something rich, dark, and interesting. 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2018
Tyler Perry ehn. It shall never be well with you oo. Everyone don turn marriage expert all of a sudden. lipsrsealed

Two sides to every story shaa.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
breadplanets:

Really? Pls what kind of support are you talking about here? Maybe support means another thing altogether cos ayam not understanding

She supported with cash, yes, that's given. But she despised him morally, treats him with disdain. No encouragement. She saw him as wasting his time and believed that the won't battery won't hit.
Ok, did you noticed that the other lady spent her precious time watching his videos again and again and again?
Once she created that chasm, the wrong advices from her sisters did definitely made sense to her.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2018
Beorn:

How? Taraji showed excess support even to the extent of losing her mother's house.

Did you noticed that while she gives him money for the project, she had completely judged him in heart that he was a con man?? That he married her JUST for the money?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 07, 2018
Xbee007:
Has anyone watched "Ready Player One?" How interesting is it?
More like kids movie jare... If you like a full Sci-fi movie you might enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 07, 2018
rawdpiper:
@koicereloaded @ishilove @beorn

At first it was the guy but as the plot get deeper, the lady became at fault.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 07, 2018
newjosboy:

Did you noticed that while she gives him money for the project, she had completely judged him in heart that he was a con man?? That he married her JUST for the money?
Exactly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Funjosh(m): 2:17am On Jul 07, 2018
[quote author=dljbd1 post=69135097][/quote]

This your meme which movie is this
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:00am On Jul 07, 2018
Viking007:
Marriage is for better for worse. It's nobody's fault, they would have simply moved on, get jobs etc. But the lady chose to jump ship & Ishilove is trying to blame my guy. angry
I don't blame her for jumping ship. It's just too bad she did when she chose to. Do you know what it means slaving away, working two jobs, burning away your entire inheritance and even putting the family heirloom (her mother's house) up for mortgage just to support her husband's dream? 18 years is not 18 months. The man didn't even make attempt to get a job and support her but lived off her like a leech for that time period

The woman tried abeg. How many women can sacrifice that?? Circumstances worked against her, but she has anger and hidden mental issues and at the end that's what did her in.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:05am On Jul 07, 2018
newjosboy:

She judged him in retrospect. Remember that she was calling him a con man when narrating what happened to the psychiatrist 18 years later. At the time she was giving him she was doing so in love. It is when things fell apart that her perspective changed to the twisted, one sided one that much of story is told in.

It's actually a very brilliant movie (sans the Nollywood ending) because we see most of everything from her own POV, but later we begin to see the other side, and that's when things begin to get clearer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:13am On Jul 07, 2018
Beorn:

Exactly. She did everything to support him. If she didn't believe in him she wouldn't have gone as far as she did to help him succeed. She began losing faith in the project when it kept on failing and all the bills fell on her.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 5:25am On Jul 07, 2018
Viking007:

There was pressure on her from her sisters, they think the guy has defrauded her, and because they were ladies, insecurities followed.

The lady's narrative seems over the top.

But the guy is to be blamed too for not trying to get a good job.

I keep saying it, if Tyler Perry didn't give the movie a happy ending for the guy, the divorce would have paid off for the lady.

And if not that there were because of family interference, she would have stick with the guy.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2018
oyetpel:

There was pressure on her from her sisters, they think the guy has defrauded her, and because they were ladies, insecurities followed.

The lady's narrative seems over the top.

But the guy is to be blamed too for not trying to get a good job.
He got a job & was working.

I keep saying it, if Tyler Perry didn't give the movie a happy ending for the guy, the divorce would have paid off for the lady.

And if not that there were because of family interference, she would have stick with the guy.
Finally we are on the same page.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by androsurf: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2018
Warm bodies- Zombie+comedy+love grin I love the beginning, funny as hell.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2018
androsurf:
Warm bodies- Zombie+comedy+love grin I love the beginning, funny as hell.

A zombie in love. The movie was boring at the beginning but later got interesting along the way.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2018
I,Tonya 10/10 Crazy movie

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dljbd1(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2018
Funjosh:

This your meme which movie is this
wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (3865) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.