Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3748395 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Beorn:

The thing tire me, really. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me sef don tire.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
Gringo. 6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
Damfostopper:
well.... if you say so.... majority of sci-fi I don't fancy.......... that's why I made notable mention like Robocop, Jurassic world, matrix which interest me

Now you are talking. Just like I loathe 99% of Telenovelas but not ALL telenovelas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2018
dastudent:

Always remember that there are people who don't get super hero movies and will always hate on them.
people like me abi? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
Damfostopper:
well.... if you say so....majority of sci-fi I don't fancy.......... that's why I made notable mention like Robocop, Jurassic world, matrix which interest me

Ehe! You finally made sense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
AfroSamurai:
people like me abi? grin

Why do you hate Superhero movies?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Why do you hate Superhero movies?
sarcasm bro. Make friends with it. tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
AfroSamurai:
sarcasm bro. Make friends with it. tongue

Your attempt at sarcasm sucks. Do you even know what sarcasm implies?

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Your attempt at sarcasm sucks. Do you even know what sarcasm implies?
coming from one who jumps to question what he doesn't understand, yea, i really don't know what sarcasm imply. tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
AfroSamurai:
coming from one who jumps to question what he doesn't understand, yea, i really don't know what sarcasm imply. tongue

I asked you an innocuous simple enough question based on your very un-sarcastic comment, bruv. Please, enlighten a noob like moi, and kindly show me the sarcasm in the following exchange, cuz for the life of me, I can't find it.

- "Always remember that there are people who don't get super hero movies and will always hate on them."
- "people like me abi?" *Grin emoticon*

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I asked you an innocuous simple enough question based on your very un-sarcastic comment, bruv. Please, enlighten a noob like moi, and kindly show me the sarcasm in the following exchange, cuz for the life of me, I can't find it.

- "Always remember that there are people who don't get super hero movies and will always hate on them."
- "people like me abi?" *Grin emoticon*

it ain't my job to enlighten noobs like you. Ain't gat that time, noobsaibot. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
AfroSamurai:
it ain't my job to enlighten noobs like you. Ain't gat that time, noobsaibot. grin

- Sarcasm is said with a straight face. Grinning from ear to ear invariably ruins the punchline.
- It is ironic/satirical in the sense that it seems to be praising someone/something, but is actually subtly taunting/mocking.

Where is the subtle mockery in, ["people like me abi? *grin emoticon*], hmmm?

Please, enlighten us wee mortals, o great sensei!

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

- Sarcasm is said with a straight face. Grinning from ear to ear invariably ruins the punchline.
- It is ironic/satirical in the sense that it seems to be praising someone/something, but is actually subtly taunting/mocking.

Where is the subtle mockery in, ["people like me abi? *grin emoticon*], hmmm?

Please, enlighten us wee mortals, o great sensei!
noobsaibot, give it a rest, will you. stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
@Afrocandy... Oops! @AfroSamurai, listen.

To avoid embarrassing yourself again in public, when someone makes an obvious statement like "Always remember that there are people who don't get super hero movies and will always hate on them.", and you want to draw their attention to their unnecessary input, just say. "Really?" without an emoticon or a [sealed lips] emoticon. "Fascinating!" also works. Or. "Thanks for the input, captain obvious!" if you want to go the sardonic lane.

I took you on a sarcastic journey, and you didn't even notice. ["Please, enlighten a noob like moi"] is sarcasm. ["Please, enlighten us wee mortals, o great sensei!"] is derisive sarcasm aka sardonic.

That's all. Hope you learn something. Have a nice evening. Oops. There I go again with the sarcasm. What's wrong with me? angry wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
Has anyone seen The Ring trilogy, most esp, part 1? Beorn, Ishilove, Mekaprime, Oyetpel, armadeo, Troubleseller, others? Mehn, that sh*t sacred the living bejeezus out of me. Creepy as f**k.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Has anyone seen The Ring trilogy, most esp, part 1? Beorn, Ishilove, Mekaprime, Oyetpel, armadeo, Troubleseller, others? Mehn, that sh*t sacred the living bejeezus out of me. Creepy as f**k.

I'm done with horror after Annabelle- Creation. I just don't have the heart for that kinda sheeit anymore grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm done with horror after Annabelle- Creation. I just don't have the heart for that kinda sheeit anymore grin

Hahaha. I don't blame you sha. Now, I can't look or listen to white-noise the same way again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

I'm not a fan of HORROR MOVIES. I've only watched few selected ones like Drag Me To Hell, It, Annabelle Creation etc., so I think I'll pass on the opportunity of seeing this movie. I don't want to have sleepless nights this week. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Beorn:

I'm not a fan of HORROR MOVIES. I've only watched few selected ones like Drag Me To Hell, It, Annabelle Creation etc., so I think I'll pass on the opportunity of seeing this movie. I don't want to have sleepless nights this week. grin

Coward. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

any horror that involves spirit or haunted houses is a no for me, rather stick to my slashing theme horror
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Coward. grin grin

Your reverse psychology won't work on me this time around. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
@Afrocandy... Oops! @AfroSamurai, listen.

To avoid embarrassing yourself again in public, when someone makes an obvious statement like "Always remember that there are people who don't get super hero movies and will always hate on them.", and you want to draw their attention to their unnecessary input, just say. "Really?" without an emoticon or a [sealed lips] emoticon. "Fascinating!" also works. Or. "Thanks for the input, captain obvious!" if you want to go the sardonic lane.

I took you on a sarcastic journey, and you didn't even notice. ["Please, enlighten a noob like moi"] is sarcasm. ["Please, enlighten us wee mortals, o great sensei!"] is derisive sarcasm aka sardonic.

That's all. Hope you learn something. Have a nice evening. Oops. There I go again with the sarcasm. What's wrong with me? angry wink
what's wrong with you is you're a sodomize idiot. I'm not afraid to say it, cos you are. Only an idiot won't get super hero movies, like what's there not to get, how hard can it be? I'm not surprise though, only single digit idiots with the IQ of a weasel won't get it.

You see, "someone like me abi" was sarcastic because the person who I wrote it to know me outside Nairaland, we've known each other since 1999, heck he introduced me to Nairaland and he knows I love super hero movies. Ya dig? You dickless pent up twisted nitwit.

idiots like you who run with their shrivelled penis_ dangling between their legs can't understand what sarcasm is, but choose to show they do, and embarrass yourself more than what your empty skull can decipher.

Anyway, my sarcastic stupid friend, there's no harm done. Just learn to use Google more often. Stupefied simpleton like you could actually equate irony with sarcasm. Then again, learn to learn, and un learn, because learning is obviously difficult for you.

Now do yourself the favour and piss off my mention, you diluted scoundrel.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Has anyone seen The Ring trilogy, most esp, part 1?

I have watched the trilogy. Part 1 was mad scary. Part 2 too. But i didnt feel much for part 3

Go and watch the japanese one. That is the original- it is called "Ringu".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
JeromeBlack:

I have watched the trilogy. Part 1 was mad scary. Part 2 too. But i didnt feel much for part 3

Go and watch the japanese one. That is the original- it is called "Ringu".

As in eh. Part 1 shook me. Ringu is next. I've a feeling it might surpass the Hollywood remake. The Japs are rather good at this scary business.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2018
Beorn:

Your reverse psychology won't work on me this time around. cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
sod09:
any horror that involves spirit or haunted houses is a no for me, rather stick to my slashing theme horror

Slash themed horrors are for p**sies. Malevolent spirits and haunted houses are where it's at. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dastudent(m): 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
AfroSamurai:
people like me abi? grin
I kuku dinor mention names . Brakes kolanut
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AfroSamurai: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
dastudent:

I kuku dinor mention names . Brakes kolanut
Burneerrrrrrr!!!!!!! Howdy do, bro?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

are you just viewing it? Seen the first one over ten years or so ago. What am I saying, I think as far back as 2004 or so. Scary movie 3 even mocked it way back, the scene that had Pamela Anderson. Didn't really like two. Three was just there. But the first one was I'll.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by noob03saibot(m): 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Slash themed horrors are for p**sies. Malevolent spirits and haunted houses is where it's at. cheesy
abeg! Thanks for that. Na supernatural horror, involving ghost is the real deal, the conjuring, amyterville, insidious etc. Lord. I give anything, anything for that kind of horror. Slashers are cool, Friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street, wrong turn etc. But their stories don't thrill me. They just really on gore and body count to keep shxt moving

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cwise: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
AFRICAN PRANK : PICKING UP GIRLS (UNILAG EDITION)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsds70CEVfc

African Prank: Calling SARS With Strangers Phone Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujid0a782NY
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
noob03saibot:
are you just viewing it? Seen the first one over ten years or so ago. What am I saying, I think as far back as 2004 or so. Scary movie 3 even mocked it way back, the scene that had Pamela Anderson. Didn't really like two. Three was just there. But the first one was I'll.

Guilty. It's something that I have always relegated to the background, and not giving it much thought (I'm not a staunch fan of the horror genre). But during my movie browsing last friday, it caught my attention, and I decided to give it a go. The rest is history as they say. Had to pause part 1 till the following morning though. That sh*t scared me. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.