Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743575 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emypro17: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
samuelchimmy:

Emypro17 just bring ya a$$ here lemme flog as I like,how can you say 'overboard' is more hilarious than 'the spy who dumped me'...... Ah swear that movie looks like kids movies ( obviously that's what it is) .... So thats how it's easy to kidnap some body in the US... To compliment the boreness of the movie ,half of it was done in Spanish, how can you explain when someone cremates someone's son's dead body without their knowledge.... Huh ... That movie is just a stupid....

(I enjoyed it though,like its a family movie and not meant to be real like that,but it was never no way near " the spy who dumped me"wink just so you know

Pls do you know any explicit movie of 2018 like the Spartacus series? If not list the movies of 2018 you've watched that you think are great....
My fav genre are
1 comedy
2 romance ( not extremely,don't know if you understand)
3 action movies (CIA style )
4 modern adventure movies
5. Badass black movies like (superfly)
6. College movies like ( American pie )

I'm not an expert,hope you can figure this list out like this... Thank you
a'ight but u ave said it all ,it is a family movie and not meant to be real but d movie have achieved its purpose which is to make u laugh...... speaking of d spy who dump me I don't remember laugh once to all dem dumb jokes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
I have been watching "Sorry to bother you" in snippets since morning.

Almost through sha. Let me watch the last two minutes before coming back to give review.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2018
bidemz:

I ain't even talking about that, I'm talking about the cat fights that was deleted!

Yeah, we talking the same thing. But focusing on the predisposing factor being "calliope" contacting the mods which led to the said deletion.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bidemz(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
Kaycee7:
That's the annoying part. It's been six hours since she brought silence. Has she posted a review? A comment? Hell, at least, a question about a movie? At least, these past days, some folks were educated and entertained with the discussions and arguments on genres and the brain's capabilities and flaws as pertains to life preservation.
Ishilove dropped a bit of savagery. People were entertained.
Well, now, let's all meditate in silence and tranquility.
[img]https://media1./images/1d024c4f109600667fe56710f0656f9d/tenor.gif?itemid=5626538[/img]
You literally took out all the words out of my mouth!

What she did was totally senseless, well it's not up to something someone should start arguing about though.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, let's get the ball rolling again!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emypro17: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2018
abeg who don watch f.r.e.d.i.about to download, shey na good movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bidemz(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2018
I'm so much having a good week with THE FLASH series honestly!.....Phew!, been a week of suspense aswear

Looking forward to download SEARCHING tonight, the reviews here is enough to give it a go-ahead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samuelchimmy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Ummn... Hollywood movies are not a blueprint for running a secret service.

I admit movies ain't a blueprint to a run a secret service.
Don't know how you came up with that notion.
As for this I don't get why i shouldn't come up with this notion,if you listen to international news , they are a lot of real life incidence like this that are reported in the news but with disguise of course.... But if you watch movies like this you should be able to decipher secret service operations in real life...
Most of the things portrayed in movies are exaggerated,
Yes I know,especially the shoot outs,the US secret service would never meddle in shitty operations they could end in full blown shoot out ,except during wars,they operate stealth mode...

For instance, cars don't necessarily explode when they crash in real life like they often do in movies.
Yeah just like 21 century cars made of fibre materials can not be a bullet wedge just like its portrayed in movies,haba I nor be sucklin na... But cars do explode though
There has to be some explosive elements to trigger the explosion (like petrol), and on most accidents, petrol tanks are often unscathed. undecided

Koicereloaded I must admit you kinda cocky though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omoowhe: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
Halloween 2018

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Well, this was so much better than I expected. Nick Castle killed it as Michael f**king Myers! I was at the edge of my seat for most of the experience, cuz the film did a great job of building up tension. I enjoyed most of it, but there are a few things that put me off:

- Too lengthy: The movie did an excellent job building up tension, but, dallied on reaching resolutions a number of times.
- A subplot that went nowhere: The movie dedicated quite a few minutes developing a character that I thought would turn out to be the protagonist, only for the character to up and disappear.
- Gratuitous dilution of horror scenes with comedy: While it may have consistently worked for MCU, they have the budget to pull it off. Didn't work here, and kinda ruined the experience a number of times.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, and had a blast from start to finish. It made a huge case for the much derided slasher-themed horrors.

7.1/10

Cinema I guess
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2018
samuelchimmy:

Koicereeloaded I must admit you kinda cocky though

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Abeg o, I wan hundastand something. For those that have watched Apostle, the man that saved his sister, has he now become the 'god' of the island?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2018
samuelchimmy:

As for this I don't get why i shouldn't come up with this notion,if you listen to international news , they are a
lot of real life incidence like this that are reported in the news but with disguise of course.... But if you watch
movies like this you should be able to decipher secret service operations in real life

Nope. Movies barely scratch the surface of how secret service agencies really operate. The "secret" in "secret service" ain't there for decoration, you know. cheesy

samuelchimmy:

Koicereloaded I must admit you kinda cocky though

Thanks, I guess? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 24, 2018
newjosboy:
Abeg o, I wan hundastand something. For those that have watched Apostle, the man that saved his sister, has he now become the 'god' of the island?

Spoilers

He was reborn as the island's new guardian, so, yeah.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
omoowhe:
Cinema I guess
Yup.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by funkyjms: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2018
Straight outta Compton

Watched it on reviews I read and I'm kinda indifferent; nothing special!

5.5/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Mile 22.. Nice and dope movie with great storyline.

It seems the new trend now is for the bad guys to always win.

8.9/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2018
My list of emotionally brutal Hollywood movies

Spoilers

- Warrior, starring Tom Hardy. That final fight scene has just the right amount of emotion in it to activate the water works.
- Interstellar: The library scene in the 5D tesseract constructed by future humans, wrecked me emotionally. "Make him stay, Murph!" Damn! My eyes blurred at that one. It's nowhere as devastating as the accumulated video messages scene, though. Cooper lost 23 years in the span of a few hours in the water planet, and realizing that he wasnt there to witness his kids grow up, his son get married, and have a child of his own (his grandchild) was a very powerful moment. The mixture of pride and grief on his face was heartbreaking.
- Titanic: There're so many emotional scenes, but the most powerful has to the scene involving the dying Jack and Rose. It's esp powerful when you realize that Rose didn't even get to say goodbye - Jack died silently and when Rose nudged him (thinking he was alive), his frozen body responded to the slight pressure of the nudge by promptly disappearing forever into the deep freezing sea like a slab of concrete. That scene was emotionally brutal.
- Threads: It's a documentary style drama film about WW3 breaking out resulting in a nuclear war. It follows a bunch of people in the city of Sheffield England and shows the escalation, nuclear bombing and aftermath. Seeing the aftermath is what was most terrifying and depressing. The destruction, societal collapse, effects of radiation, nuclear winter and such. The final scenes of the film were so sad.
- Dear Zachary: The moment in which you find out the final monstrous truth of what happened is possibly the most effective moment I've ever seen in a film. The bluntness of a simple newspaper screenshot, and the suddenness with which it is presented made me feel like I'd been personally violated.
- A Monster Calls: One of the most underrated films of 2016. That movie is pure sadness.
- Schlinder's List; "I should have saved more!"

Others:

- The Green Mile
- Melancholia
- Good Will Hunting
- Ip Man trilogy
- Lord of The Rings trilogy
- Grave of The Fireflies
- Saving Private Ryan
- Room (not to be confused with "The Room" )
- Arrival
- Only The Brave
- Requiem for a Dream
- The Notebook
- Gladiator
- The Road
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- I Am Legend
- Homeward Bound
- 500 Days of Summer
- Eternal Sunlight of The Spotless Mind
- Marley and Me
- Seven Pounds
- The Fountain
- The Mist (that goddamn ending...)
- Forest Gump
- Dead Poet's Society
- etc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jixasi(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2018
And His Long Term Girlfriend Proposed to Iam Onosz today....
Are there still ladies like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mvgnQ6sfw
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 11:53am On Oct 24, 2018
Kidnapping of Mr Heineken. smiley

7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
Wonder Woman won't be getting a sequel till 2020.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:
My list of emotionally brutal Hollywood movies

Spoilers

- Warrior, starring Tom Hardy. That final fight scene has just the right amount of emotion in it to activate the water works.
- Interstellar: The library scene in the 5D tesseract constructed by future humans, wrecked me emotionally. "Make him stay, Murph!" Damn! My eyes blurred at that one. It's nowhere as devastating as the accumulated video messages scene, though. Cooper lost 23 years in the span of a few hours in the water planet, and realizing that he wasnt there to witness his kids grow up, his son get married, and have a child of his own (his grandchild) was a very powerful moment. The mixture of pride and grief on his face was heartbreaking.
- Titanic: There're so many emotional scenes, but the most powerful has to the scene involving the dying Jack and Rose. It's esp powerful when you realize that Rose didn't even get to say goodbye - Jack died silently and when Rose nudged him (thinking he was alive), his frozen body responded to the slight pressure of the nudge by promptly disappearing forever into the deep freezing sea like a slab of concrete. That scene was emotionally brutal.
- Threads: It's a documentary style drama film about WW3 breaking out resulting in a nuclear war. It follows a bunch of people in the city of Sheffield England and shows the escalation, nuclear bombing and aftermath. Seeing the aftermath is what was most terrifying and depressing. The destruction, societal collapse, effects of radiation, nuclear winter and such. The final scenes of the film were so sad.
- Dear Zachary: The moment in which you find out the final monstrous truth of what happened is possibly the most effective moment I've ever seen in a film. The bluntness of a simple newspaper screenshot, and the suddenness with which it is presented made me feel like I'd been personally violated.
- A Monster Calls: One of the most underrated films of 2016. That movie is pure sadness.
- Schlinder's List; "I should have saved more!"

Others:

- The Green Mile
- Melancholia
- Good Will Hunting
- Ip Man trilogy
- Lord of The Rings trilogy
- Grave of The Fireflies
- Saving Private Ryan
- Room (not to be confused with "The Room" )
- Arrival
- Only The Brave
- Requiem for a Dream
- The Notebook
- Gladiator
- The Road
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- I Am Legend
- Homeward Bound
- 500 Days of Summer
- Eternal Sunlight of The Spotless Mind
- Marley and Me
- Seven Pounds
- The Fountain
- The Mist (that goddamn ending...)
- Forest Gump
- Dead Poet's Society
- etc

Now you are back to yourself. What we here for are Movies and reviews and explanations and spoilers,if it comes to that. But not all those arguments uncalled for.

I have watched some of the movies in your list, but for me Melancholia is so bland to me. I dont even get anything about the movie, apart from where they noticed the moon was getting bigger by the day. Apart from that, honestly, I dont get anything from the story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
RoronoaZoro:
Kidnapping of Mr Heineken. smiley

7.5/10

I dont know what delayed me from downloading this, will do it asap.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
Box Office Week

Top 5 currently highest grossing movies worldwide and domestically
1. Halloween 2018: Budget ($10M), Worldwide Gross ($91,801,000), Number of weeks in the top 5 (1)
2. A star is Born: Budget ($36M), Worldwide Gross ($201,076,246), Number of weeks in the top 5 (3)
3. Venom: Budget($100M), Worldwide Gross ($461,825,095), Number of weeks in the top 5 (3)
4. Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Budget ($35M), Worldwide Gross ($39,904,812), Number of weeks in the top 5 (2)
5. First Man: Budget ($59M), Worldwide Gross ($55,499,050), Number of weeks in the top 5 (2)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
newjosboy:

Now you are back to yourself. What we here for are Movies and reviews and explanations and spoilers,if it comes to that. But not all those arguments uncalled for.

I have watched some of the movies in your list, but for me Melancholia is so bland to me. I dont even get anything about the movie, apart from where they noticed the moon was getting bigger by the day. Apart from that, honestly, I dont get anything from the story.

Without the "arguments", this thread will turn to a ghost town. I'd rather have a thread be a hub of activity than a ghost town, wouldn't you? The "off topic" back-and-forths are stimulating, as well as educational. They are necessary, as they certainly enliven the place. Anyhoo, the discussions aren't intended to and shouldn't stop anyone from asking for a movie recommendation. All you gotta do is ask, that's all.

On Melancholia, not everyone gets it. It's an allegory for depression, the meaninglessness of life. Justine basically exists in an isolated state from everyone in which every day feels like the apocalypse. She's "living in another world", so to speak. It's a mindf**k, but once you're well aacquainted with the basics, it's a very emotional rollercoaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samuelchimmy(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2018
krattoss:
Mile 22.. Nice and dope movie with great storyline.

It seems the new trend now is for the bad guys to always win.

8.9/10
and I kinda liked it in this case
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2018
newjosboy:

I dont know what delayed me from downloading this, will do it asap.

Had it on my laptop for close to 17 months till boredom made me watch it, it was more than I expected.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2018
RoronoaZoro:

Had it on my laptop for close to 17 months till boredom made me watch it, it was more than I expected.

This is how movies work o, your boredom and love expectation made you like the movie and rate it highly, a busy person like me will watch it, and not find it interesting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
All ye horror movies lover.

Download "Mandy" starring Nicolas Cage and thank me later.

8/10.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2018
With this your comment, are you trying to say that Roronoazoro is a jobless fellow, ehnnnn?

oyetpel:

This is how movies work o, your boredom and love expectation made you like the movie and rate it highly, a busy person like me will watch it, and not find it interesting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Without the "arguments", this thread will turn to a ghost town. I'd rather have a thread be a hub of activity than a ghost town, wouldn't you? The "off topic" back-and-forths are stimulating, as well as educational. They are necessary, as they certainly enliven the place. Anyhoo, the discussions aren't intended to and shouldn't stop anyone from asking for a movie recommendation. All you gotta do is ask, that's all.

On Melancholia, not everyone gets it. It's an allegory for depression, the meaninglessness of life. Justine basically exists in an isolated state from everyone in which every day feels like the apocalypse. She's "living in another world", so to speak. It's a mindf**k, but once you're well aacquainted with the basics, it's a very emotional rollercoaster.

But if you check am the argument dey instill slight animosity. That's what I am driving at, make we avoid am, please.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
What is the fun in having more than five people in a group without the presence of animosity?

Let them beef each other.
Last last we will all be alright.

newjosboy:

But if you check am the argument dey instill slight animosity. That's what I am driving at, make we avoid am, please.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newjosboy: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
alexistaiwo:
What is the fun in having more than five people in a group without the presence of animosity?

Let them beef each other.
Last last we will all be alright.

Are you related to Boo Harry? Me personally don't want to see posts that cause hatred wallahi. The fact that 'last last we will be alright' doesn't make it ok. Lets spread love like butter on a bread biko.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RoronoaZoro(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
alexistaiwo:
With this your comment, are you trying to say that Roronoazoro is a jobless fellow, ehnnnn?

I am a jobless person.

Bsc Industrial Mathematics, help me grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Olajiiree(f), Kaycee7(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.