Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3765293 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 1:30am On Dec 09, 2018
mekaprime:

Since you have spoilt identity, let me contribute my quota na.. So you telling me you knew from the onset it was the kid??...mind you, some of those murders were impossible for a kid of his age to carry out, take the ex-con who had a base ball bat shovelled down his throat for instance.
I thougt so too initially, then it occured to me that anything is possible in our minds. If it were happening outside I'd say it is impossible, but since it is all in the con's mind, anything is possible.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 09, 2018
if you love this is us, drop everything you're doing and watch life itself
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2018
The kissing booth, the kissing booth, the kissing booth, the kissing booth. I no fit shout
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 7:10am On Dec 09, 2018
mekaprime:
Shutter Island .... 6.5/10
Genre :Mystery, Thriller

The movie was an average for me, the thrills was no were near that of IDENTITY . The plot was a little bit predictable & secondly, i didn't quite feel the mystery. It was a nice movie though.
Shutter island is predictable? Was it the lady he was investigating initially that was switch, or convincing him to be a patient or the ending part when he finally decide to take his own life.
Pls go and see that movie AGAIN
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2018
hubcap:
if you love this is us, drop everything you're doing and watch life itself
LIFE 8/10. scary sci-fi movies. (Warning: not for people with weak heart and if you want to see it, try not to see it alone in the night)..... Just my opinion
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2018
Ishilove:

Thanks, but stop spoiling grin
you're welcome. didn't do it intentional, you know. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2018
mekaprime:

The movie was an average for me, the thrills was no were near that of IDENTITY . The plot was a little bit predictable & secondly, i didn't quite feel the mystery. It was a nice movie though.

Ehh? Shutter Island is average?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 09, 2018
Mindhunters.

Hope you aren't taking about that FbI movie?
Where they were shuttled to an isolated island for training.

Unless you are new to psychological thriller, the innocent guy who has no reason to be suspected is almost always the villian.

When the movie got to the point where there was a shoot out between the black guy cool J and the rest.
I told my friends that the white guy was the villian and they thought I was nuts.

How did I know?
He was about the only one that wasn't made suspect by the plot.
That movie was pretty straightforward but still enjoyable.
A 7/10 for the action scenes.

AHCB:
this movie is a joke compared to mindhunters. It was pretty obvious the kid was the culprit. Try Mindhunters, I guarantee you won't even know whom to suspect. Though racist will suspect LL Cool J, I mean, he's black after all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:55am On Dec 09, 2018
Lol...dem dem roast me... OK JeromeBlack ,Galapagous & Ishilove, I said a little bit predictable . From the very beginning, I somehow knew that Teddy & Andrew were the same person. Also, when he started having his fit in the doctors house because of lighting, I knew he was insane and probably killed someone.. This and some more were the minor( in relation to the plot) little pieces of puzzle I had but couldn't piece them together.....

OK, now back to a movie like IDENTITY, I was completely clueless from the beginning. I only knew what was really happening when the con was wheeled into the conference room & that was like few minutes to the end of the movie. Let's just say I was expecting Shuttle Island to give me the kind of thrills I got from identity. Notwithstanding, Shutter Island was a masterpiece on its own, & by referring to it as average I wasn't generalizing, it just my POV, in relation to my expectation.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2018
AHCB:
sorry. It wasn't intentional. I apologise. sad

it alright bro.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2018
mekaprime:
Lol...dem dem roast me... OK JeromeBlack ,Galapagous & Ishilove, I said a little bit predictable . From the very beginning, I somehow knew that Teddy & Andrew were the same person. Also, when he started having his fit in the doctors house because of lighting, I knew he was insane and probably killed someone.. This and some more were the minor( in relation to the plot) little pieces of puzzle I had but couldn't piece them together.....

OK, now back to a movie like IDENTITY, I was completely clueless from the beginning. I only knew what was really happening when the con was wheeled into the conference room & that was like few minutes to the end of the movie. Let's just say I was expecting Shuttle Island to give me the kind of thrills I got from identity. Notwithstanding, Shutter Island was a masterpiece on its own, & by referring to it as average I wasn't generalizing, it just my POV, in relation to my expectation.

Shutter Island is only predictable if you have been already told to expect certain twists.

Seeing that it was a more popular film that came out in 2010, spoilers could have diminished the value of the twist
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:14am On Dec 09, 2018
Ishilove:

I thougt so too initially, then it occured to me rhat anything is possible in our minds. If it were happening outside I'd say it is impossible, but since it is all in the con's mind, anything is possible.

wouldn't have agreed more at the bolded. I was trying to find out from AHCB who said it was pretty clear the little boy was the villain. Am just trying to say that if the ending scene were to be removed, many of us wouldn't have known the real killer, remember we were made to understand he died in that explosion, so, how was it now clear to AHCB that the boy was the killer
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Shutter Island is only predictable if you have been already told to expect certain twists.

Seeing that it was a more popular film that came out in 2010, spoilers could have diminished the value of the twist

Funny enough, i didn't read any spoilers prior to the movie. It's just that i had a perfect understanding of the genre in the movie was categorized into, so I had different scenarios of what to expect as regards the plot in my head.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 10:16am On Dec 09, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Mindhunters.

Unless you are new to psychological thriller, the innocent guy who has no reason to be suspected is almost always the villian.

When the movie got to the point where there was a shoot out between the black guy cool J and the rest.
I told my friends that the white guy was the villian and they thought I was nuts.

How did I know?
what did you tell me about spoilers? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SmilingMary(m): 10:19am On Dec 09, 2018
Ishilove:

I thougt so too initially, then it occured to me rhat anything is possible in our minds. If it were happening outside I'd say it is impossible, but since it is all in the con's mind, anything is possible.

Just watched IDENTITY, I never for once tot it was the kiddo, especially after the motor explosion... The movie is dope
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SmilingMary(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2018
......about to see MINDHUNTERS
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2018
I'm talking about LIFE ITSELF it's drama, written by the same guys that wrote this is us

Galapagous:

LIFE 8/10. scary sci-fi movies. (Warning: not for people with weak heart and if you want to see it, try not to see it alone in the night)..... Just my opinion
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:32am On Dec 09, 2018
SmilingMary:

Just watched IDENTITY, I never for once tot it was the kiddo, especially after the motor explosion... The movie is dope
The killer won at the end. That bummed me.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dazzlingd(m): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2018
mekaprime:

9 out of 10 people won't agree with this
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2018
2004 movie.
Who hasn't watched that outdated movie?

AHCB:
what did you tell me about spoilers? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Friedyokes: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2018
venom was terrible... Imagine after all the hype the story was utter bullsheet.... So venom at first wanted to invade earth with his people but he changed he's mind because he is a loser Wherever he's from?? And decides to pick an entirely new species over he's own... Eddie, his ex, carlton drake just happen to be compatible with the symibiote??...nothing original about the story ...scientists find aliens nd bring them back nd things go wrong...would have been cool if they did it well sha... Liked some of the dialogue tho "think of yourself as my ride"... "Where are you going?" grin...all in all was an entirely average movie( barely so)
5/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
hubcap:
I'm talking about LIFE ITSELF it's drama, written by the same guys that wrote this is us

Ok. Next on my list
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
Just downloaded Identity.

Let me see if it is worth the hype.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
Identity was not that stunning to me. cos, its not possible for that boy to have pull all those stunt. I mean the key card on the scene, the guys he killed, the prisoner(the way he killed him impossible for a kid), and the explosion (that's a big one) how da Bleep did he escape it. Less and only less he's a mutant. These things don't just fit in.
At least james macavoys SPLIT did explain some xteristic of the beast and his wife ambition in his double character FILT.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slowmojay(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Mindhunters.

How did I know?

People like you are very annoying. I was just downloaded this movie and you had to go and be all high and mighty and spoil it for me. What's the use of watching a "who's the culprit" movie when the culprit's been revealed by a condescending know it all

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Oops my bad
With the way everybody was making mention of the movie.

I thought everyone here has seen the movie.

No vex.
Same way I already saw spoilers for the identity movie here this morning and I still went ahead to download it minutes ago.
I didn't give away much.
Watch it.
You will still find it enjoyable.

Slowmojay:

People like you are very annoying. I was just downloaded this movie and you had to go and be all high and mighty and spoil it for me. What's the use of watching a "who's the culprit" movie when the culprit's been revealed by a condescending know it all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SmilingMary(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ishilove:

The killer won at the end. That bummed me.

There should be a followup part 2...but that's an 8yr old movie...
Just finished MINDHUNTERS, I av seen that movie before, then I already knew it was the 'innocent looking" guy...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Galapagous(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Since movie is similar to action and reaction. If theses movie plot, twist and action are not perfectly arrange and explain, guess they won't spark the equal and opposite reaction. IDENTITY reaction was restricted by these unexplained stuff going through my head. ������
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
I was just about to start watching the movie before seeing this post.

Does it mean that I should start holding this poster responsible for ruining the movie for me?
Or will the movie suddenly become less interesting?

Of course not.

In fact now I have to pay more attention so as to judge if his review is spot on or just a misjudgement.

Which is more fun to me cheesy

Galapagous:
Identity was not that stunning to me. cos, its not possible for that boy to have pull all those stunt. I mean the key card on the scene, the guys he killed, the prisoner(the way he killed him impossible for a kid), and the explosion (that's a big one) how da Bleep did he escape it. Less and only less he's a mutant. These things don't just fit in.
At least james macavoys SPLIT did explain some xteristic of the beast and his wife ambition in his double character FILT.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
Are we spoiling movies? I have one movie to spoil oo.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by troubleseller: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindewald.

Didn't see that reveal coming. Always thought Dumbledore was too clean a character not to have worse skeletons.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
Galapagous:

Just see it from this perspective. The whole story of those 10 different persons ending up at the same place and murdered until only one is left is actually a mental representation of Dr. Malick 's treatment of Malcolm , whose purpose was to eliminate all those multiple persona in Malcolm (hopefully also the one that let him commit the murders for which he ended up in custody) until only one is left, Malcolm 's true identity, but unfortunately, the treatment failed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Niok and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.