Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? (11205 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2008
Was having a chat with a friend some days back javarules. i told him i am hell bent on marrying a programmer and he was of the opinion that "nurses" make the best wiives for programmers, cos they are trained to be patient. He also said "u know we programmers are sometimes annoying, so a patient woman is best".

Wats ur opinion on this, cos nothing can change my mind ooo. I dey find programmer wife ooooo cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by candylips(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
I dont see a direct relation between ur profession and your choice of spouse.
Probably the most important thing is how compatible you two are.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2008
i agree with u. but i just feel the best person for me would be a programmer. its not impossibe i m wrong anyway
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by emeke123(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
Honestly,

I dont think a programmer should marry another programmer, Think about all the things your discussion would be based on And I personally would like to marry someone who is not in the same profession I am in,

And also think about when you talk to her about technology, she'll think your the most smartest person in the whole universer, oh well. that's my 2 cent.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by angelchyke(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ Javalove

Will you guys ever have time for eachother as husband and wife, let alone lovers in love? Don't let me imagine what rearing kids could look like for the rest of your lives, Beware!
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2008
lol,

@ange

u right but dont u think the kind of husband i make too is worth considering. I'm the cool type, who is always helping to give a helping hand. She doesnt have to raise d children alone, we would do that both. I would also be willing to help wash the dishes, cook while she draws up a job specification. She would also be there to play with the kids (Abdul Azeez and Raliat cheesy i dont have dem yet though cheesy) while i do the damage with my codes, it would be a symbiotic thing really.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2008
emeke_123:

Honestly,

I don't think a programmer should marry another programmer, Think about all the things your discussion would be based on And I personally would like to marry someone who is not in the same profession I am in,

And also think about when you talk to her about technology, she'll think your the most smartest person in the whole universer, oh well. that's my 2 cent.

our discussion would be based on what our lives is built around - programming.Won't that be nice. We will crack programming jokes 2geda, read together and probably not have time for anything except each other,
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Mustay(m): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2008
Perhaps she might cook you coded foods too grin grin
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2008
lol cheesy

coded food? v never tasted that thats the more reason why i want a programmer, since she will be logically sound, pulling stunts in the kitchen wont be a difficult thing
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by angelchyke(m): 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
@Javalove

Ride on brother! You may not be me,and I'm definitely not you. Your meat may be my poison any way. Maybe we could look at it from a fictional point of view. Ever seen the movie, "24", i mean the Season 5? Chloe O'brian of CTU, is (or was married) to a Moris O'brian. And I mean these guys are pure, hardcore technoids. My point? Your wish can be a possibility, and who knows, your family could be the greatest programmer-family in the world. As far you love your wife for who she is, no shaking!!!
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2008
angelchyke:

@Javalove

Ride on brother! You may not be me,and I'm definitely not you. Your meat may be my poison any way. Maybe we could look at it from a fictional point of view. Ever seen the movie, "24", i mean the Season 5? Chloe O'brian of CTU, is (or was married) to a Moris O'brian. And I mean these guys are pure, hardcore technoids. My point? Your wish can be a possibility, and who knows, your family could be the greatest programmer-family in the world. As far you love your wife for who she is, no shaking!!!

good point. dats exactly what i m talking about. the love would be there, surely.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javarules(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2008
Please javalove stop living in a fool's paradise. If u marry a programmer and it works, believe me its d exception and not the rule. Well its true most of us are exceptional, but our lives are based on rules. u get my point?

If you are a programmer like myself, then this is ur picture

My room is unkempt 75% of the time
I eat out 75% of the time
I dont sleep most times b4 12am and u wont find me in bed most times after 5am
I hate doing things that I can't automate, eg washing/ironing
Whenever I am coding I go into "offline" mode(i.e I am physically there, my mind is somewhere else)
People who meets me in the office always thinks I am an asshole(I laugh with them one minute, I snub them the other, not that I do that on purpose, I have gone to offliine mode lol)
I think think think, before I do(i think more dn I do)

Now if a husband and a wife have these qualities, picture in your mind what kind of home their home will be, what kind of children they will raise, what kind of relationships they will have with other people etc.

Again I will recommend these books,

Why u act the way u do (Tim Lahaye)
The four(or five i cant remember) languages of love (author? cant remember too)

Lastly, its because u have not met a lady that is a techy, if u have met one or two, they are not always the kind of pple dt u can take out for dinner grin

ciao

1 Like

Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by sayhi2ay(m): 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2008
javarules:

Please javalove stop living in a fool's paradise. If u marry a programmer and it works, believe me its d exception and not the rule. Well its true most of us are exceptional, but our lives are based on rules. u get my point?

If you are a programmer like myself, then this is your picture

I don't sleep most times before 12am and u wont find me in bed most times after 5am
Whenever I am coding I go into "offline" mode(i.e I am physically there, my mind is somewhere else)
People who meets me in the office always thinks I am an asshole(I laugh with them one minute, I snub them the other, not that I do that on purpose, I have gone to offliine mode lol)

Now if a husband and a wife have these qualities, picture in your mind what kind of home their home will be, what kind of children they will raise, what kind of relationships they will have with other people etc.

The four(or five i can't remember) languages of love (author? can't remember too)

Lastly, its because u have not met a lady that is a techy, if u have met one or two, they are not always the kind of people dt u can take out for dinner grin

ciao

have met so many ladies that are techys and are great, why cant you take them to dinner?
we have went to dinner, polo, club, golf and lots more, are they any different from ordinary people?

i dont know why you have to think alot cos you are a programmer, maybe its the environment
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by candylips(m): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2008
The heavens is not going to fall down if two programmers marry each other and beign a progammer is even not as brain demanding as say being a Maths or Theoritical Physics professor

I have seen one male Maths Professor married to another female Maths professor and they don't spend the whole day solving Quasilinear Partial differential equations to the Nth order in spatial space in the house
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by sayhi2ay(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2008
abi o !

mathematicians do a lot of thinking than computer programmers,
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by sbucareer(f): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2008

@candylips

Did you studied Mathematics? Seriously.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Gamine(f): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2008
Programmers abeg o, marry someone else

i cant imagine how your house will look like lipsrsealed

But the thing is, Programmers tend to understand programmers berra

so if it works for you, why not
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by sbucareer(f): 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2008
x
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Gamine(f): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2008
Good and sound network for communication between them programmers cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javarules(m): 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2008
The dinner part na joke now bros

I met a programmer lady(javalove knows about her) and I am planning to take her out to dinner very soon against javalove's wish  grin(u can guess why)

dts why i put that line there

Thinking is part of the job.I have never met a programmer who doesn't think, if u know one please lemme meet him

or her shocked
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by threekey: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
Do you live in USA?
You want a professional career that is in high demand?
Training for high paying career in two weeks?
SAP FICO is the answer.

Email us to find the details and we will help you get started.

Email: threekeytech@gmail.com
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by sayhi2ay(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2008
i was under the impression that they need I-20 for study not invitation letter which am sure they can provide?

@sbucareer, abeg, i get one project wey I wan arrange, how can I contact you ?
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2008
javarules:

I don't sleep most times before 12am and u wont find me in bed most times after 5am

The four(or five i can't remember) languages of love (author? can't remember too)

Lastly, its because u have not met a lady that is a techy, if u have met one or two, they are not always the kind of people dt u can take out for dinner grin

ciao

well na u know that one oooo. we both can live that way if we choose, we can work late into the night and when the brain gets jammed, we can have a few rounds of (clears throat) to get back on track

The bottomine is that i love intelligent ladies. I love pple who can scare me to death with their thinking.

When 2 programmers marry, i believe its the best "security" they can have, cos u get to know each other inside out, code togeda, play 2geda, hang out togeda. u probably will have the same agenda daily except going to pee cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by A40(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2008
Well first and foremost a good female programmer is kinda hard to find no disrespect but a lot of girls run from programming especially the fine ones but if i find one that fits my taste hell yeah i am a sucka for beauty and brains and not just brains tongue
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by gbolahan1(m): 12:21am On Jul 29, 2008
Hi, there is virtually nothing wrong in getting married to whoever that suits you and whoever you fall in love with. just make sure you "shine your eye" before marrying anybody. Marriage is not all about profession nor beauty
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by cdeveloper(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
It would really be a bad idea for a coder to marry a coder because from experience it would be a disaster. I work for a company and we have a flat where i and three other programmers stay. last weekend we were so busy that one of us forgot that he had a kettle on a gas cooker, by the time we realized that something was smelling in the flat; Low and behold our sparkling kettle had be turned into an aluminum paper on the gas cooker.It was that close, the entire flat would have been in flame.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
lol

so if i marry a programmer, we might lose our house? cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
javalove:

The bottomine is that i love intelligent ladies. I love people who can scare me to death with their thinking.

same here. But I'd say ladies like aren't many. The only lady programmers I've met are the few asians/indians in my class. I've seen many ladies register for a CS course, take 2 lectures, and just bail out.
I tell people I am a programmer(or CS student) and they just think GEEK!!
So, I'm still waiting for my programmer(or just intelligent) girl.

javarules:

My room is unkempt 75% of the time - check
I eat out 75% of the time - (0.1%) My thinking time is cooking time.
I don't sleep most times before 12am and u wont find me in bed most times after 5am - check : 4am to 10am
I hate doing things that I can't automate, eg washing/ironing - Mr washing machine(check),  my clothes look ironed(without being ironed) to me, till someone tells me otherwise
I think think think, before I do(i think more dn I do) - check

Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by idupaul: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
"nurses" make the best wiives for programmers, because they are trained to be patient.

Are u sure.those nurses i meet in hospital are always rush and impatient to give me the needle.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by cyberomin(m): 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
From my own point of view, it is not a bad idea for a programmer to marry a fellow programmer, but consider this: you spend almost the entire night
trying to fix a bug, and your spouse does same, how do you build a family then, the children are negleted just because each other are trying to meet
thier dead line for a particular project.

The parent work till late in the night paying little or no attention to them,
From my own perspective i think, due to the nature of our job, it should be best to settle for somebody whose job is less demanding than your's
for me i am thinking of a nurse,teacher sha, at least person wey fit control her time grin
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2008
u right there man. dont worry, we will work it out so that our kids wont be affected. i can marry 10 programmers if i wish, its all depends on time management, get it?
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Jids(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
javalove:

u right there man. don't worry,  we will work it out so that our kids wont be affected. i can marry 10 programmers if i wish, its all depends on time management, get it?

Prommer marry to programmer?, the result will be VIRUS, CRASH CHILDREN ETC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / Google Parent Alphabet To Cut 12,000 Jobs / Magento Theme Tutorial: Find Out How To Switch To Different Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.