Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? (11195 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
lol, i go prove most peeps wrong on dis forum. i go invite una
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by gimbus(f): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2008
while d guyz r thinkin of their compatibility with d female programmers, d real programmer chicks find it hard 2 hook up. sad sad sad
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2008
hook me up with anyone finding it hard to hook up cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javarules(m): 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
gimbus:

while d guys r thinkin of their compatibility with d female programmers, d real programmer chicks find it hard 2 hook up. sad sad sad

I think I know why

The very pretty ones are always in marketting

The pretty ones are in consulting

The less pretty ones are into Analysis and Designs

The rest are programmers

lol
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
@javarules

wat do u mean, dat means folake is ugly den?
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by ssRhino: 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
I think it is a bad idea, cos programmers dont really have a life, and a husband and wife with no life will only give birth to kids that are geeks, they will be so bored at home, they will go on dates and be talking about coding, how boring cld that get.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javarules(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2008
javalove:

@javarules

what do u mean, that means folake is ugly den?

Please dont bring folake into this, cheesy
And did I mention anything as closely related to the word ugly, please u are drawing your own conclusions, dont put words in my mouth

$$Rhino:

I think it is a bad idea, because programmers don't really have a life, and a husband and wife with no life will only give birth to kids that are geeks, they will be so bored at home, they will go on dates and be talking about coding, how boring cld that get.
thats very true. Talking coding is d most boring thing. Code should be coded not talked. grin
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Gamine(f): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2008
hahaha

how wont the very pretty ones be in marketing! cheesy
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2008
for God's sake, we bot can always take a break with our kids, it wont be coding and all coding. Programming is not d end, but a means to an end, i will prove u guys wrong cheesy

@javarules

i no be pikin ooooo so i can read b/w d lines
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javarules(m): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2008
javalove:

@javarules

i no be pikin ooooo so i can read b/w d lines

continue reading btw d lines, seriously, I am begining to think all these is all about folake, say d truth
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by simsind: 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2008
well i dont really see anything in you marrying a programmer as no policy is against not even the policy of the IT
even nigeria constitution is not , but one thing i would advice you on is that "shine your eye, and dont go for brain go for love coz marriage is life contract".
I must say that if your family is generation conpactibility error your codes too will definitely generate CODE ERROR because you'll hardly thing well in sure conditions, so guy beware of your desire!!!!!

ONE LOVE
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by DeepZone: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
Geek + Dork= Jackass jnr.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2008
Y'all are so wrong.

I happen to know two programmers who are married. They have three daughters. One is studying Economics, another just got out of secondary school and wants to study Chemical Engineering (she was my classmate, trust me she was a don in chemistry) and the third is in primary school. None of them is crazy about computers. The Chem Eng. one even has a slight aversion for them.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2008
i encourage u to marry a programmer, so u can have programmed sex and programmed babies, then hopefully someday , u guys wont have a segmentation fault in ur relationship, if not u might have to debug it.

1 Like

Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by uspry1(f): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
I am asking you, is it must for you as programmer to marry programmer?

Why not marrying web designer/web developer ones? Perfect match to share high-level programmer and low-level designer/developer in programming and web development business together.

I used to be like this 20 years finding that mate (high-level programmer) to get marry me. Still no luck for me all those 20 years so far, ending up forced marriage by my parent to high school sweetheart whom i want to end relationship upon my college graduation (2 years difference). Now I am divorced.

For me, just lost interesting in hope finding a soulmate. I throw my "criteria-a-must" relationship with few flaws to work out that is found at below:

For strong relationship between two people connect that is based on:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li] (refer the knowledge of sexuality)
[li]Agreed Financial Obligations/Compromise Equally[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

FOR MORE DETAILS MENTIONED ABOVE THE SUMMARY OUTLINES:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-133197.0.html
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Tats(m): 12:29am On Aug 09, 2008
Yes they can marry and code their future!
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:11am On Aug 09, 2008
A coder should marry someone who appreciates coding but doesn't really get into it.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by rasputinn(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2008
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2008
$$Rhino:

I think it is a bad idea, because programmers don't really have a life, and a husband and wife with no life will only give birth to kids that are geeks, they will be so bored at home, they will go on dates and be talking about coding, how boring cld that get.

You did not just say that.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Grand007: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2008
well, in opinion there is nothing wrong in that. The most important thing is : Is there a Divine Connection? That by all means should be the Basic Benchmark for any reasonable
relationship.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2008
javarules:

continue reading between d lines, seriously, I am begining to think all these is all about folake, say d truth

haaaaa, u no well ooooo. folake ko, morenike ni. i just started this thread because i hope and pray one day, i get married to a programmer and need the opinions of u guys on whether u have seen it happen and the things to expect.

so far, i m not discouraged and search for d programmer of my dream, smiley

even if na folake, and so what? bobo bara e da soun jare smiley
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by Ghenghis(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2008
Wow! what a thread , I've been away too long ,

ALL, You guys are right ,

personally I've done (100%) away with any task that requires concentration and standing up cool

Yeah intelligent ladies are in abundance, everywhere (except techie stuff, )

note o, i said abundance, I'm sure there are many wonderful female coders - i just haven't met many,

some start well, get married and their husbands spoil them for everyone (no more coding)

So i agree with javalove we should marry as many as we can ourselves (its for Opensource , good code and freedom) cheesy cheesy cheesy so as to keep it all in one
happy family,

have you guys watched one of Angelina Jolie's earlier films (The HACKER) thats why i still love her
@javalove lets know how your date goes, and ask her if she has other programmer friends grin grin grin
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by keba(m): 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2008
if you marry programmer, who go programme home affairs
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 5:38pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ghenghis:

@javalove lets know how your date goes, and ask her if she has other programmer friends grin grin grin

cheesycheesy u want one too?
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by slyk2(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
he who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour in the sight of God.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
waa sere omo. dats wat m talking about.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by realcele: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
you can o jare dont mind them marriage is more tolerance than anything. I think is great when people of same career marry as they can build an empire professionally as long as they master how not to bring the office into their personally lives and as long as code works programmers are great, if it does not they are in mars or jupiter while physically on earth. Go for it great ideas can be shared also Best of luck
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
tnx man. i'm definately going for it. as long as coe works, programmers r gr8!!!!
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by swoosh(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
Mmm, when she decides to give you READ ONLY access to her 'modules' (vital body parts), ur eye go clear grin

No mind me jare, if you love your woman go for her
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by javalove(m): 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2008
swoosh:

Mmm, when she decides to give you READ ONLY access to her 'modules' (vital body parts), your eye go clear grin

No mind me jare, if you love your woman go for her

lol, on our weddng day, we go sign the Read, Writ and Execute access agreement so dat wont be a problem
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by ocherome(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2008
I have lost so many girls because am a programmer, one left last week (i woke up 7:30am - sleep 3am no time) i did not care. i always feel it after i have finished that project that kept me up. most of our ladies need your time, that a serious programmer do not have and cannot give. (she talking of fashion etc you are thinking of codes)

the off mode thing is real.
mine is worse off i have two laptops and two desktops(one with large screen), do not disturb on my door. my family thnks they are losing me.

i have not seen i good lady programmer in naija, if there are lets say 0.1%, ugly and less fashionable.

it might work (marriage) the keyword is understanding. then get a helper (a non programmer) for all the works at home.
Re: Should A Programmer Marry A Programmer? by malone5923(m): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2008
Programming is not a problem, gaming is. At least you are not called childish,lazy or useless when you are a programmer. If a see any girl thats a pro gamer or can endure my obcessive gaming habit marriage is the next thing even if she is as ugly as a baboon I dont care in time I will begin the see her beauty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / Google Parent Alphabet To Cut 12,000 Jobs / What Software Have You Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.