Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed (13528 Views)

Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / Check Out The Only Capital Project Completed By Buhari / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 10, 2013
I hope boko haram won't lay ambush *if you know what I mean*
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by ChimaAgbalajob: 5:37am On Dec 10, 2013
This is a good development.
However, if this project were in the south south or southeast, I can see all the bigots now screaming that the minister of transport must resign and GEJ is favoring the region!
But of course right now, we all keep quiet and pretend and no nasty talk of favoritism is ever uttered.

5 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 10, 2013
He said when completed,
trains would run at a speed of
120km to 150 km per hour,
and anyone living in Kaduna
will traverse to Abuja in
approximately 45 minutes to
one hour.

This one above is what i love most. SPEED grin

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Oh Oga Jonathan thanks and bless u n d contractors......
Good Job
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan: Very impressive!! 170km/hr (105.6mph) is super fast.

I hope when it becomes operational,we will not get something that crawls at 17km/hr..

Anyone attempting or thinking of commuting from kaduna to abuja to work should wait first,there might be lots of excuses at the end of the day why the train designed to hit maximum speed limit of 150-170km/hr couldnt run up to 70km/hr.

The words and promises of our politicians should be taken with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by ChimaAgbalajob: 5:47am On Dec 10, 2013
theoctopus:

Why do you reason like a kid? If it was awarded in 2006, what does that mean> Does that give OBJ some credit or actually indicts him? Isnt it an indictment on OBJ that he couldnt really do anything tangible in the rail sector for 8 years. OBJ never fixed any of the major infrastructure in Nigeria for 8 good years. Power, Health, Education, Agric, Transport, Roads. He didnt fix any of them for 8 good years. But in less than 3 years, GEJ has fixed so much and is still fixing stuff. By GEJ's 5th year, people will literarily begin to rain curses on OBJ and all other past leaders. Youcan take that to the bank

No Nigerian will rain abuses on OBJ or even Abacha except people from outside their tribes.
In civilized societies, they will not only rain curses on OBJ, they will make sure he is prosecuted and the billions of dollars stolen returned. But Nigeria is filled with sub-humans who are so tribalistic that they will hail you for raping their mother as long as you belong to their tribe.

3 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 10, 2013
nijanigga: What happens when you get off the train? will you walk to work or hustle to catch a bus or trek to work and will it affordable? If you live in Kaduna but work in Abuja how much is your take home pay?
That being said, compare that to South Africa's railway transportation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_in_South_Africa

Don't be quick to jump the gun. It will be modeled as any metropolitan light rail system...to include bus stations at every stop/pick-up location to convey people into inner cities.
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Hakeem3(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2013
cashkid18: in as much as d president is tryin in his transformatiomn agenda,some wil stil nt see any tin gud in his administration...i hope dt it is extended to other region cuz frm wat am seeing,its seems dt north has reali benefitted more than other regions in gej administration
yes guess he's trying to plss dem more so they can stop the insurgency ..but it seems the dnt even knw wen to stop !
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by AjaraEwuro: 6:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Yours GEJ,:
where is the evidence of 70% completion?

You dont have legs to go to the site and inspect, or you want them to post pictures here. dummy.

3 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by AjaraEwuro: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2013
nijanigga: What happens when you get off the train? will you walk to work or hustle to catch a bus or trek to work and will it affordable? If you live in Kaduna but work in Abuja how much is your take home pay?
That being said, compare that to South Africa's railway transportation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_in_South_Africa

Dummy. You will fly aeroplane from the station to your house.

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by AjaraEwuro: 6:59am On Dec 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: One overcirculated pix is now 70% abi? undecided

Dummy. Go board a vehicle and go check yourself then come here to talk. You people exhibit so much foolishness and dullness.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by madnigerian: 7:09am On Dec 10, 2013
[size=32pt]NOT BAD....NIGERIA NEEDS RAILWAYS

NIGERIA RAILWAYS WILL RISE AGAIN![/size]

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Itsalphaa(m): 7:24am On Dec 10, 2013
Big lie!!! in Nigeria, 70% completed means 70% to go
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 10, 2013
Niggas please, am interested in the numbers not semantics .

CONTRACTOR SAID THEY GOT THE JOB FOR $849M WHILE VP CLAIM THE CONTRACT WAS AWARDED FOR $874M ,

$25M DIEFFERENTIAL shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

"We started Abuja to Kaduna in the year 2010 precisely. The contract was awarded to CCECC at total cost of 849 million US dollars,"

http://libertyradio.com.ng/2013/12/70-of-the-abuja-kaduna-rail-project-completed/

According to Nigerian vice president Namadi Sambo, the $US874 million contract for construction of the new Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge railway will be completed by December 2013. The China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) began work in 2010 and will finish the project within the 36-month time frame.

http://www.railwaysafrica.com/blog/2013/07/abuja-kaduna-standard-gauge-railway/

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Goddex: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Saving it for future reference is of no use. What OBJ awarded in 2006 was Lagos to Kano railway. Just like the Second Niger Bridge OBJ also awarded in 2007, NO WORK was done on the project. Everything remained on paper. Yar Adua came and made matters worse by cancelling the PAPER works for the project. Yar Adua said there was no fund to do the project as conceptualised by OBJ. In 2010, the project was awarded again but not in the same form OBJ awarded it in 2006. It was now broken into sections. What is reported here is the Abuja-Kaduna section. But like I always say, bottomline is getting the JOB DONE. Award of contracts with NO work done is DEAD.

These APC e - rats need some serious flogging. In his devilish mind, OBJ not GEJ should be given credit. I remember exactly when that contract was awarded to CCECC few months after Sambo was announced GEJ's vice.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Felixadded(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2013
mad nigerian: [size=32pt]NOT BAD....NIGERIA NEEDS RAILWAYS

NIGERIA RAILWAYS WILL RISE AGAIN![/size]
Amen o
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by 9jahubcom(m): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2013
kul
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice to hear this

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Emytexboy(m): 7:37am On Dec 10, 2013
BIAFRA NATIONAL YOUTH LEAGUE (BNYL)
MASSOB IS WORKING; TO TRAIN 500 BIAFRANS AS ROAD MARSHALLS
"The Movement for the
Actualization of Sovereign State
of Biafra, MASSOB, is to train 500
of its members towards ensuring
smooth movement of vehicles
during Christmas period.
The MASSOB Director of
Transport, Chief Charles Oputa,
told newsmen in an interview
that the training would take
place in Onitsha within the first
week of December.
Oputa said that the MASSOB
officers would be adequately
trained to take care of traffic
control during the Christmas
period.
According to him, the decision of
MASSOB to delve into assisting in
traffic control was informed by
the traffic jam experienced
during Christmas period.
He also said that MASSOB was
disturbed by the number of
deaths recorded during Ember
months due to recklessness of
drivers and other road users.
“We cannot fold our arms and
watch helplessly as numerous
Igbos lose their lives through
avoidable road accidents.
“We feel very concerned about
the traffic congestion that is
recorded every Christmas period
and we do not want it to happen
this year.
“This is why MASSOB decided to
conduct training for its members
who will man all the busy roads
and strategic points, he
disclosed.
He advised commercial drivers to
always comply with traffic rules
in order to avoid loss of lives.
Chief Oputa observed, however,
that the provision of good roads
in Onitsha area of Anambra State
had facilitated the operations of
the Federal Road Safety
Commission, FRSC, in easing
traffic in the area.
He also commended officials of
the FRSC for what he described
as their determined effort to
ensure smooth movement of
vehicles on the roads.
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by iterator25: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2013

3 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Felixadded(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Dummy. Go board a vehicle and go check yourself then come here to talk. You people exhibit so much foolishness and dullness.
I wonder why everyone seem stupid in ur judgement? Perhaps, u just heard the word 'dummy', that u've to ascribe or tag everyone as such. U don't have to insult in name of making out mind or ur opinion. It's childish n immaturity.

These are ur flaws; "Dummy. Go board a vehicle and go check
yourself then come here to talk. You
people exhibit so much foolishness and
dullness".

"Dummy. You will fly aeroplane from the
station to your house".

"You dont have legs to go to the site and
inspect, or you want them to post pictures
here. dummy".
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by rozayx5(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2013
a lot of missing usernames here grin

if caption was - GEJ cancels abuja-kaduna rail project - i know this thread would have been 20 pages by now

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 10, 2013
Applause and kudos to our presido and his team.
Had hoped it would have been lagos abuja terminal first.
Lots of pple wouldn't want to live in lagos.
They live there under duress.no choice but now u can live in a state and work in another state,
We will witness serious exodus.
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by informatix: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2013
The project is progressing at supersonic speed compared to other projects like the Ajaokuta steel project.
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by OmoTier1(m): 8:15am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan: Very impressive!! 170km/hr (105.6mph) is super fast.
I used to think you were more civilised than this. Flew into Paris yesterday, my eyes again like ever when I am here was full of waters, because I see what unanswered have being able to achieve with Gods wisdom and wonder why we are do lacking behind.

105.6Mph should be an inter city train minimum and not cross cities like the Kaduna Abuja railway line. Help yourself do the maths, find out the distance from Abuja to kaduna in kMs, and workout how many minutes it would take you to get to Abuja from Kaduna if you were going on a train with maximum speed of 105.5mph, taking into account the possible stoppages.

Nigeria has the experience of train services and should not e crawling to get to where she ought to be! We can do far better than this and we should. Time of excuses are over, and let's face reality. We have e resources, people and energy to do.

1 Like

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by OmoTier1(m): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2013
iterator25:
Hehe... Looks like this one has not seen bullet trains in Japan before wink that is 1960s technology you are showing us here...
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by solomon111(m): 8:26am On Dec 10, 2013
Good.
Infrastructural deficits are gradually being bridged,though there's still too much to do.
I hope this railway projects comes to my region.
That's what i care about.
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by iterator25: 8:31am On Dec 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I used to think you were more civilised than this. Flew into Paris yesterday, my eyes again like ever when I am here was full of waters, because I see what unanswered have being able to achieve with Gods wisdom and wonder why we are do lacking behind.

105.6Mph should be an inter city train minimum and not cross cities like the Kaduna Abuja railway line. Help yourself do the maths, find out the distance from Abuja to kaduna in kMs, and workout how many minutes it would take you to get to Abuja from Kaduna if you were going on a train with maximum speed of 105.5mph, taking into account the possible stoppages.

Nigeria has the experience of train services and should not e crawling to get to where she ought to be! We can do far better than this and we should. Time of excuses are over, and let's face reality. We have e resources, people and energy to do.

shut up, even SA 's gautrain is 160kph..and it's cross city. You deserved to be killed with this rubbish you posted

2 Likes

Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by iterator25: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

flew into nnewi I guess undecided
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by SHAAWA: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2013
Good to hear, the money for this project was a loan from China who insisted to
oversee management and execution of the project, the money did not enter govt
coffers otherwise na diffrent story we for hear. Have nutin against any Head of State all i want is result shikenan.
Re: 70 Percent Of Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project Completed by babybuzx(f): 8:49am On Dec 10, 2013
Wen I see dis my @ aches its cos of dis train dat houses where demolished in abj wen they could always route dis train to another location muse it pass tru peoples houses? Fake govt wen they where selling and surveyuing d land they didn't knw. God ll judge dem all according to their actions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does Ebonyi State Have Highest Number Of Muslims In SE / Aregbesola & Folorunso Alakija Rocking Convocation Gown At Osun Convocation(pics / Buhari Claiming National Assembly’s Achievements – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.