Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History (10874 Views)

List Of Yoruba Dialects / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / European Distortion Of Black African History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
Promhize:

Did you just say Ooni of Ife is stupid? May it never be well with you. Free your mind. Your king is stu.pid just like every other human cheesy
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
See mad man
4Wilywily: Oyo people are the real and Superior of all other Yoruba , Alaafin of Oyo is more superior than ordinary village head from ile ife call Oni

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=24pt]THNX BE TO THE GODS!

KABIYESI OONI IFE!!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS WILL PUT THE FOOLISH DISCUSSIONS TO END ON NAIRLANAD, REGARDING THE DITORTION OF YORUBA ORIGIN!

NO ONE CAN DESPUTE THE OONI!

HE SPEAKS FOR THE GODS!
[/size]

You are back smiley

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
macof:

You are back smiley

yes ooooo
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jazzgreen: my bible said STUBBORN ANGELS aka demons were chased down from heaven, Yorubas said ODUDUWA fell from heaven, hmmmm, hope something is not similar here

lwkmd
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
so, whats the original story and what exactly was distorted?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
ngozievergreen: so, whats the original story and what exactly was distorted?

The original story is that Yorubas originated somewhere in West Africa (possible Ile Ife).

The distorted story is that Yourbas originated from Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
macof:

Do u realize that Ife was once a colony of Oyo?
And the Ooni must have payed homage to Alaafin as his head

Back to Oranmiyan, he is was c
Heir to Ile-Ife and most honored in Ile-Oodua after Oduduwa's death.

He personally established Oyo to be superior to Ife, and all taxes collected from his siblings were put into Oyo's development.

I think Alaafin is superior in matters outside spirituality and traditions
he personally created oyo to be superior... really?
yet he later returned to ife(your less superior-the colony) to rule as a king not even as the first king like he was in oyo.. why is that?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by itsIYKE(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Konmight:
Bros, that chain is still at Enuwa up till now, it's a sacred land and has been fenced. Some years back(I don't know when precisely) some Oyinbos came to steel the chain(I don't know what they do with the stolen artifacts) with the help of some corrupt locals, they wanted to dig the chain out with payloader/excavator(I have not entered so I haven't seen the machine) but they were unsuccessful as the machine stopped working and stucked while some of the thieves were attacked by a particular spirit(I don't know his name ooooo) and couldn't make it out alive. That was why they fenced the land. I'm not disputing the fact that those deities(401 deities) truly exist in Ife, my problem is the various twisted histories that I've read about Yoruba origin and some events like Kiriji War, Oyo Empire War, Modakeke Ife War etc. They should desist from causing confusions. Success.
Like criously?,u just insulted NL'nders by posting dis sh1t,is that a faiiry tale ur weed told u?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by niyiadewoy(m): 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Oga op or moderator.please edit your post. Traditional kings. Oba and chiefs are not addressed as 'Mr' as u have consistently used in or write-up to describe the OONIRISA .please amend unless there us no respect for culture and heritage where u are from.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Trailii: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
His Imperial Majesty...... See qualification and title.... Which king in nigeria dare command dis respect??
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Praktikals][/quote]

You don't deserve my response.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by tpia5: 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Konmight:
Bros, that chain is still at Enuwa up till now, it's a sacred land and has been fenced. Some years back(I don't know when precisely) some Oyinbos came to steel the chain(I don't know what they do with the stolen artifacts) with the help of some corrupt locals, they wanted to dig the chain out with payloader/excavator(I have not entered so I haven't seen the machine) but they were unsuccessful as the machine stopped working and stucked while some of the thieves were attacked by a particular spirit(I don't know his name ooooo) and couldn't make it out alive. That was why they fenced the land. I'm not disputing the fact that those deities(401 deities) truly exist in Ife, my problem is the various twisted histories that I've read about Yoruba origin and some events like Kiriji War, Oyo Empire War, Modakeke Ife War etc. They should desist from causing confusions. Success.

true.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by tpia5: 11:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Praktikals: your post betrayed your as a hybrid bastard

that was unnecessary, show some class.

you must not be yoruba, that was too uncouth.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by tpia5: 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
aventura:

HRH, Sir Prophet Dr Brig Sijuade

Are u now okay?

is it by force to post?

please exit the thread if you have nothing worthwhile to say.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
saxywale:
he personally created oyo to be superior... really?
yet he later returned to ife(your less superior-the colony) to rule as a king not even as the first king like he was in oyo.. why is that?

One thing is Only Ife people claim Oranmiyan returned from Oyo

The Oyos say he was never king at Ife, but they agree he died at Ife
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
niyiadewoy: Oga op or moderator.please edit your post. Traditional kings. Oba and chiefs are not addressed as 'Mr' as u have consistently used in or write-up to describe the OONIRISA .please amend unless there us no respect for culture and heritage where u are from.

I'm sorry sir. As you can see, I culled the report from a news site. Everything in the OP were directly from premiumtimeng which I didn't tempered or manipulated. We got respects from where I hailed from. The correction should be done on the original source. Thanks
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
mikeapollo:

Please, keep quiet if you dont lnow Yoruba history.. The Ooni is far far ahead of Alaafin. Hostorically and culturally, several Yoruba tradtional rulers were originally far senior and ahead of Alaafin.

Alaafin was only given more prominence and relevance by the British colonial masters because Oyo had the strongest military might among the Yoruba at the tme coupled with well organised administration....

Oyo Kingdom was established by Oranmiyan, who left Ife to Benin, and later to Oyo. Even after he died....Oranmiyan's corpse was returned to Ife for burial and his mystical staff(Opa Oranmiyan) still stands in Ife till date.

Alaafin's re;evance is a creation of politics....Ooni is the spiritual leader and numero-uno among the Yoruba Obas.

I believe Ife was the spiritual base of Yoruba people while Oyo was the political and military base. Both are holding a great position in Yoruba history. This arguments on superiority is meaningless

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:17am On Dec 11, 2013
Jazzgreen: my bible said STUBBORN ANGELS aka demons were chased down from heaven, Yorubas said ODUDUWA fell from heaven, hmmmm, hope something is not similar here

People are mixing the spiritual and historical dimension of Oduduwa up.

Dark Energy was what the Yoruba people personalified as Oduduwa. If you could remember in the creation story, Obatala got drunk and Oduduwa took up his task from where he stopped.

- Obatala (deity of white clothes or light) here is the light particle which modern science said it kickstart how the universe came about. This is the major reason Obatala is said to be omnipresent because light spread to the end of the universe which produces space and time. The drunk state Obatala was represent the cooling state of those light particles.

- Oduduwa in the creation hypothesis took over the creation task from Obatala. This implies that the original explosion that created the universe produced massive quantities of light in the form of subatomic particles. As the universe cooled these particles joined together to form simple elements. The elements in turned joined together to form stars. In time, certain stars collapsed, forming black holes that imploded on themselves until they created a fission reaction. This sent huge clouds of complex elements throughout the universe. It was a cloud of complex elements that cooled to form the solor system, and within the solor system evolved the ecosystem that exists in earth. Oduduwa in the spiritual sense is the dark energy.

Western science teaches that all of Creation evolved from the light produced during the primal explosion at the beginning of time. Yoruba teaches that all Creation evolved from the White Cloth of Obatala.....a robe.
The chain used by Obatala to travel from the Realm of the Ancestors to Earth appears to be a symbolic representation of the structure used to transmit genetic information from one generation to the next. The genetic code that is used to form each species is passed through a biochemical substance called DNA. When DNA is viewed under a microscope it appears as a double helix, which is similar to the pattern of a chain.

Symbolic language are used to describe a series of evolutionary events that match closely with the theories of Creation that have been proposed by contemporary Western science. So you should be very careful when handling character in Yoruba spirituality.

Also in the Historical account of Oduduwa, Yoruba people were saying Oduduwa came from heaven which implies that the account provided by the Igodomigodo (bini) that the last Ogiso (king from the sky) son was the person who the yoruba people called Oduduwa.

- Ogiso means king from the sky. So they aint wrong and this got nothing to do with the story in the bible.

- Oduduwa was from the east as believed. Benin is in the east of Ife today.

Get your fact straight man.....when you forget your history, then you are worse than animal. Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by edrys(m): 12:29am On Dec 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

People are mixing the spiritual and historical dimension of Oduduwa up.

Dark Energy was what the Yoruba people personalified as Oduduwa. If you could remember in the creation story, Obatala got drunk and Oduduwa took up his task from where he stopped.

- Obatala (deity of white clothes or light) here is the light particle which modern science said it kickstart how the universe came about. This is the major reason Obatala is said to be omnipresent because light spread to the end of the universe which produces space and time. The drunk state Obatala was represent the cooling state of those light particles.

- Oduduwa in the creation hypothesis took over the creation task from Obatala. This implies that the original explosion that created the universe produced massive quantities of light in the form of subatomic particles. As the universe cooled these particles joined together to form simple elements. The elements in turned joined together to form stars. In time, certain stars collapsed, forming black holes that imploded on themselves until they created a fission reaction. This sent huge clouds of complex elements throughout the universe. It was a cloud of complex elements that cooled to form the solor system, and within the solor system evolved the ecosystem that exists in earth. Oduduwa in the spiritual sense is the dark energy.

Western science teaches that all of Creation evolved from the light produced during the primal explosion at the beginning of time. Yoruba teaches that all Creation evolved from the White Cloth of Obatala.....a robe.
The chain used by Obatala to travel from the Realm of the Ancestors to Earth appears to be a symbolic representation of the structure used to transmit genetic information from one generation to the next. The genetic code that is used to form each species is passed through a biochemical substance called DNA. When DNA is viewed under a microscope it appears as a double helix, which is similar to the pattern of a chain.

Symbolic language are used to describe a series of evolutionary events that match closely with the theories of Creation that have been proposed by contemporary Western science. So you should be very careful when handling character in Yoruba spirituality.

Also in the Historical account of Oduduwa, Yoruba people were saying Oduduwa came from heaven which implies that the account provided by the Igodomigodo (bini) that the last Ogiso (king from the sky) son was the person who the yoruba people called Oduduwa.

- Ogiso means king from the sky. So they aint wrong and this got nothing to do with the story in the bible.

- Oduduwa was from the east as believed. Benin is in the east of Ife today.

Get your fact straight man.....when you forget your history, then you are worse than animal. Cheers
This is educative.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by hunter21(m): 1:24am On Dec 11, 2013
well well, when you view this similarity through the less of summerian theology it gets more intresting. you know history is written by its victors and the fallen angels might not be the bad guys afterall.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by igboboy1(m): 4:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Konmight:

shocked shocked shocked
O boy see well composed story. you go fear nau

Please i beg every meaning Nigerian to invest in this our patriot.
With his writing capability he can surpass the greats like chinua achebe, wole soyinka and co in the literature field..Probably bring another Nobel laurete title home....
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Okikiade(m): 7:40am On Dec 11, 2013
The History of Yoruba-Rev.Samuel Johnson is now being rubbish because of stating the superiority of the Alaafin of Oyo over any Oba in Yorubaland! When he wrote the book nobody challenges him of distorting history!Why should Ife people now calling him names now? Onirisa means what the deities owns! Because Oni is a priest son not the rightful heir to throne(Oranmiyan's absence caused it)read more from Samuel Johnson's.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2013
macof:

[quote author=Okikiade]The History of Yoruba-Rev.Samuel Johnson is now being rubbish because of stating the superiority of the Alaafin of Oyo over any Oba in Yorubaland! When he wrote the book nobody challenges him of distorting history!Why should Ife people now calling him names now? Onirisa means what the deities owns! Because Oni is a priest son not the rightful heir to throne(Oranmiyan's absence caused it)read more from Samuel Johnson's.
samuel johnson is an oyo man. That alone rubbished is fiction.

macof:

One thing is Only Ife people claim Oranmiyan returned from Oyo

The Oyos say he was never king at Ife, but they agree he died at Ife
not true again.who told you only ife people believed that oranmiyan was king in ife? on the contrary, all yoruba town except oyo believed oranmiyan was a king in ife just as he was king in benin.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 8:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Okikiade: The History of Yoruba-Rev.Samuel Johnson is now being rubbish because of stating the superiority of the Alaafin of Oyo over any Oba in Yorubaland! When he wrote the book nobody challenges him of distorting history!Why should Ife people now calling him names now? Onirisa means what the deities owns! Because Oni is a priest son not the rightful heir to throne(Oranmiyan's absence caused it)read more from Samuel Johnson's.

Be careful wat u read from Samuel Johnson...the man was just a British pup

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by meforyou1(m): 9:01am On Dec 11, 2013
it's yorubas that should not distort history. heard from a good trusted friend that oduduwa was a prince of benin and eko(lagos) was a benin district.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by 01mcfadden(m): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

This is exactly what the Ooni was saying. Religion has clouded your mentality and this made you to force your history with Arab nomadic.

Yoruba people are not from Mecca. Go and study your History before you start wander like a lost goat.
Hey Mr man!
Am i responsible for your frustration?
I said what i was taught in school while in secondary school in Ekiti state and you carried it upon yourself like someone hawking pure water.
Abeg,stay clear of me!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by 01mcfadden(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2013
macof:

Yoruba history doesn't start from Oduduwa.
There were people living in Ile-Ife before Oduduwa.
Oduduwa's time on earth should be around the 10th century

Oduduwa didn't come from Mecca, He might have visited Mecca, but he was not Arab. It's much logical to believe he came from Igodomigodo(ancient bini) or Some other cities around the east of Ife notably Iwo
thanks for the enlightement,nt like the other dude gnashing teeth on me!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by mikeapollo: 9:11am On Dec 11, 2013
macof:

Do u realize that Ife was once a colony of Oyo?
And the Ooni must have payed homage to Alaafin as his head

Back to Oranmiyan, he is was c
Heir to Ile-Ife and most honored in Ile-Oodua after Oduduwa's death.

He personally established Oyo to be superior to Ife, and all taxes collected from his siblings were put into Oyo's development.

I think Alaafin is superior in matters outside spirituality and traditions

Who made Ife a colony of Oyo? Where did you get your history? Ooni of Ife had never paid homage to any king in Yorubaland. IMPOSSIBLE!
How can Oranmiyan, the youngest of Odudduwa's children establish Oyo to be superior to Ife. Does that make sense to you?
Before Oyo was established, there had been other Yoruba kings and kindoms. It is not as if Oyo came immediately after Ife. Oyo was established much much later.
And if Oranmiyan's body was buried at Ife when he died.....what does that tell you?
Ooni of Ife is the undisputed numero-uno, the historical, spiritual and cultural head of the Yoruba....Alaafin became recognised by the British because of the military strenght of Oyo.At a time in ancient histroy, a new Alaafin was crowned by the Ooni.

If every kingdom in Yorubaland traces their roots to Ife, then only a drunk person would say the Alaafin is superior to the Ooni!

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2013
God bless you, mikeapollo. All hail Oonirisa, the king of all yoruba kings (+Alaafin)

mikeapollo:

Who made Ife a colony of Oyo? Where did you get your history? Ooni of Ife had nou?
Before Oyo was established, there had been other Yoruba kings and kindoms. It is not as if Oyo came immediately after Ife.
Oyo was established much much later.
And if Oranmiyan's body was buried at Ife when he died.....what does that tell you?
Ooni of Ife is the undisputed numero-uno, the historical, spiritual and cultural head of the Yoruba....Alaafin became recognised by the British because of the military strenght of Oyo.At a time in ancient histroy, a new Alaafin was crowned by the Ooni.

If every kingdom in Yorubaland traces their roots to Ife, then only a drunk person would say the Alaafin is superior to the Ooni!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 9:42am On Dec 11, 2013
Oga leave 'class' out of this. You insult my king, you bring out the animal in me.
tpia@:

that was unnecessary, show some class.

you must not be yoruba, that was too uncouth.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by tpia5: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013
Try to behave like a human being, eranko is not something you should aspire to.

Your choice of insult was gross and unnecessary, doesn't speak well of whoever raised you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brief History Of King Jaja Of Opobo / The Idoma Traditional Attires. / Itching Of The Left Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.