Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History (10905 Views)

List Of Yoruba Dialects / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / European Distortion Of Black African History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by ayodiya: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Promhize:

Free your mind. Your king is stu.pid just like every other human cheesy
including your red cap with bird feather elders and so called kings
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jigbinni jigbinni bi ate akun
O sunmo s'ile sunmo s'eni
Iku baba yeye
Kabiyesi oooooo

Ife ooye
Ife ooye
Olori aye gbogbo

The truth is I sometimes don't know what to believe, I have read various contrasting Yoruba histories. They should all park well and stop causing confusion.

God Bless Ooni of Ife
God Bless Ile-Ife
God Bless Yorubaland
God Bless Nigeria.

I dey miss Ife gann, can't wait for the festival break to travel home. There's no place like home.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by olabukola: 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Any history that predate more than 100 yrs is just conjecture and story.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by donphilopus: 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
IamTitanium: GO:- (verb). Past tense : /Went/ . Past participle :Gone . Third person singular:Goes .
'
'
MOVE/TRAVEL : a) to travel or move to a place that is away from where you are or where you live; -> come
'
'
b) to move or travel in a particular way or for a particular distance.

AND . ....
conjunction

1 used to join two words, phrases etc referring to things that are related in some way.

DIE

1 to stop living or become dead.

2 to disappear or stop existing.

GO AND DIE

''to move to a particular place and stop living/disappear/stop existing''

angry
Lmao! U no well!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
01mcfadden: We are all made to know that yorubas came from mecca.
We later heard oduduwa came with chain from heaven.
We dont even know which of these is true bt i sure know if he came from mecca,why are yorubas black?
Or are people living in mecca also black?
Yrouba's history is being distorted for real!

This is exactly what the Ooni was saying. Religion has clouded your mentality and this made you to force your history with Arab nomadic.

Yoruba people are not from Mecca. Go and study your History before you start wander like a lost goat.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
ichidodo: No, Oduduwa came from Outer Space with his Space-ship, the locals couldn't fathom it out into a tale so they switched on the Chain-in-Heaven bullcrap. Other fellows high on weed came up with the mecca story.
Bros, that chain is still at Enuwa up till now, it's a sacred land and has been fenced. Some years back(I don't know when precisely) some Oyinbos came to steel the chain(I don't know what they do with the stolen artifacts) with the help of some corrupt locals, they wanted to dig the chain out with payloader/excavator(I have not entered so I haven't seen the machine) but they were unsuccessful as the machine stopped working and stucked while some of the thieves were attacked by a particular spirit(I don't know his name ooooo) and couldn't make it out alive. That was why they fenced the land. I'm not disputing the fact that those deities(401 deities) truly exist in Ife, my problem is the various twisted histories that I've read about Yoruba origin and some events like Kiriji War, Oyo Empire War, Modakeke Ife War etc. They should desist from causing confusions. Success.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by 4Wilywily: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Oyo people are the real and Superior of all other Yoruba , Alaafin of Oyo is more superior than ordinary village head from ile ife call Oni

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by juman(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
The history should be straight forward.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
IamTitanium: #yawns# Let him GO AND DIE undecided

And ur popsy would follow him

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
aventura: Ooni of Amala. cool

Respect the king angry
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2013
4Wilywily: Oyo people are the real and Superior of all other Yoruba , Alaafin of Oyo is more superior than ordinary village head from ile ife call Oni
We are not falling for the BAIT...Back to Sender.
Park well Bro.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by tpia5: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
olabukola: Any history that predate more than 100 yrs is just conjecture and story.

Not necessarily, we just have to know how to correctly read the history.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
salam001: did oduduwa really fall from the sky?,i wish i was there to ask him if oduduwa was an astronaut or winch

no. humans don't fall from the sky.

That story isnt literal. Oduduwa represents the dark energy in Creation.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy

Our ancestors have always known wat science is just finding out.

The personality of Oduduwa in the Yoruba creation is a personification of the dark Energy
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
ayodiya:
including your red cap with bird feather elders and so called kings

Yes o

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Jazzgreen(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
my bible said STUBBORN ANGELS aka demons were chased down from heaven, Yorubas said ODUDUWA fell from heaven, hmmmm, hope something is not similar here

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
01mcfadden: We are all made to know that yorubas came from mecca.
We later heard oduduwa came with chain from heaven.
We dont even know which of these is true bt i sure know if he came from mecca,why are yorubas black?
Or are people living in mecca also black?
Yrouba's history is being distorted for real!

Yoruba history doesn't start from Oduduwa.
There were people living in Ile-Ife before Oduduwa.
Oduduwa's time on earth should be around the 10th century

Oduduwa didn't come from Mecca, He might have visited Mecca, but he was not Arab. It's much logical to believe he came from Igodomigodo(ancient bini) or Some other cities around the east of Ife notably Iwo

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
ichidodo: No, Oduduwa came from Outer Space with his Space-ship, the locals couldn't fathom it out into a tale so they switched on the Chain-in-Heaven bullcrap. Other fellows high on weed came up with the mecca story.

grin cheesy

Would do for a cartoon story
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by PAPAAFRICA: 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jazzgreen: my bible said STUBBORN ANGELS aka demons were chased down from heaven, Yorubas said ODUDUWA fell from heaven, hmmmm, hope something is not similar here
lol
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jazzgreen: my bible said STUBBORN ANGELS aka demons were chased down from heaven, Yorubas said ODUDUWA fell from heaven, hmmmm, hope something is not similar here

grin grin grin grin grin You might be right tho
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Agbaka1: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2013
aventura: Ooni of Amala. cool
comedians worst pass ogogoro people i tell u
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Agbaka1: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
macof:

Respect the king angry
dont mind d igbo smoker. if him get level make him go curse am face to face. e-warriors.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by mikeapollo: 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
twosquare: Either Ooni or Alaafin of Oyo...None is superior to the other and we all must understand this....these kings needs to put sentiments aside and do away with their differences

Please, keep quiet if you dont lnow Yoruba history.. The Ooni is far far ahead of Alaafin. Hostorically and culturally, several Yoruba tradtional rulers were originally far senior and ahead of Alaafin.

Alaafin was only given more prominence and relevance by the British colonial masters because Oyo had the strongest military might among the Yoruba at the tme coupled with well organised administration....

Oyo Kingdom was established by Oranmiyan, who left Ife to Benin, and later to Oyo. Even after he died....Oranmiyan's corpse was returned to Ife for burial and his mystical staff(Opa Oranmiyan) still stands in Ife till date.

Alaafin's re;evance is a creation of politics....Ooni is the spiritual leader and numero-uno among the Yoruba Obas.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2013

Ur Bible must be a comic series
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by macof(m): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
mikeapollo:

Please, keep quiet if you dont lnow Yoruba history.. The Ooni is far far ahead of Alaafin. Hostorically and culturally, several Yoruba tradtional rulers were originally far senior and ahead of Alaafin.

Alaafin was only given more prominence and relevance by the British colonial masters because Oyo had the strongest military might among the Yoruba at the tme coupled with well organised administration....

Oyo Kingdom was established by Oranmiyan, who left Ife to Benin, and later to Oyo. Even after he died....Oranmiyan's corpse was returned to Ife for burial and his mystical staff(Opa Oranmiyan) still stands in Ife till date.

Alaafin's re;evance is a creation of politics....Ooni is the spiritual leader and numero-uno among the Yoruba Obas.

Do u realize that Ife was once a colony of Oyo?
And the Ooni must have payed homage to Alaafin as his head

Back to Oranmiyan, he is was c
Heir to Ile-Ife and most honored in Ile-Oodua after Oduduwa's death.

He personally established Oyo to be superior to Ife, and all taxes collected from his siblings were put into Oyo's development.

I think Alaafin is superior in matters outside spirituality and traditions
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
salam001: did oduduwa really fall from the sky?,i wish i was there to ask him if oduduwa was an astronaut or winch

Did Jesus Christ ascend into the sky? Did you ask if he was an astronaut on a space ship?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by banky222: 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
the true story is that he was the first son of a benin oba who was denied the throne and he left Benin in anger to ife. He helped them in defeating their enemies and was made king.... Meanwhile, the gods in Benin kingdom rejected his younger bro who was made king in his place, some elders went in search for him(odua (or oduduwa yoruba version)). Dey found him and asked him to comeback and takeback his throne he refused but he later asked his son orhomiyan(pardon my spellings) to go to benin and rule on his behalf. Edo version shaaa

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Arosa(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
You peeps don't want to hear/know the truth. undecided
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
twosquare: Either Ooni or Alaafin of Oyo...None is superior to the other and we all must understand this....these kings needs to put sentiments aside and do away with their differences
Mr. Man, Ooni of Ife is a Lord while Alaafin is a mere king. I feel like cursing you for making that comparison.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
[size=24pt]THNX BE TO THE GODS!

KABIYESI OONI IFE!!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS WILL PUT THE FOOLISH DISCUSSIONS TO END ON NAIRLANAD, REGARDING THE DITORTION OF YORUBA ORIGIN!

NO ONE CAN DESPUTE THE OONI!

HE SPEAKS FOR THE GODS!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
Go and ask your miserable father. Omo ale
Re: Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History by Praktikals(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
aventura:

HRH, Sir Prophet Dr Brig Sijuade

Are u now okay?
your post betrayed your as a hybrid bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Told Us That Isiala Ngwa People Eat Humans, Is This True? / Why Cant Nigerian Beaches Be Like This? Like Caribbean Beaches / The Idoma Traditional Attires.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.