Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Please Help Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me! (1068 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2013
Fellow Nairalander, greetings!!
Please I need your help badly, my name is Victor am
a medical student of Unilorin but a very broke one.
But being broke is just the least on my mind now.
Please I need a LAPTOP. Yes, I've been trying to get a
laptop since, but all to no avail. I hardly have enough
to to feed talkless of getting a laptop..
I just can't help but stare helplessly as my fellow
student make use of soft copies while I can't even
afford a text book. Please I don't just know how to
begin to beg for this but pls somebody out there
should help me, even if its a very old one, it will be
very much appreciated. I just need sumtin to connect
to the internet with, and you know how medicine is,
research everywhere. Am tired of looking like a
dummy, somebody should just help out. Pls leave
your questions below, will be glad to answer them.
Anticipating your helps & suggestions, God bless
Re: Please Help Me! by Vivly(f): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Since you can't afford a laptop, why don't you use your phone browser for research?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 10:43am On Dec 10, 2013
My phone won't work for projects. or getting soft copies either, at list not C1. I appreciate ur 1cent though.
Re: Please Help Me! by Vivly(f): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Rehn: My phone won't work for projects. or getting soft copies either, at list not C1. I appreciate ur 1cent though.
oh, C1, ok.
Re: Please Help Me! by vicksbaba(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Rehn:

Fellow Nairalander, greetings!!
Please I need your help badly, my name
is Victor am
a medical student of Unilorin but a very
broke one.
But being broke is just the least on my
mind now.
Please I need a LAPTOP. Yes, I've been
trying to get a
laptop since, but all to no avail. I hardly
have enough
to to feed talkless of getting a laptop..
I just can't help but stare helplessly as
my fellow
student make use of soft copies while I
can't even
afford a text book. Please I don't just
know how to
begin to beg for this but pls somebody
out there
should help me, even if its a very old one,
it will be
very much appreciated. I just need
sumtin to connect
to the internet with, and you know how
medicine is,
research everywhere. Am tired of looking
like a
dummy, somebody should just help out.
Pls leave
your questions below, will be glad to
answer them.
Anticipating your helps & suggestions,
God bless

Funny coincidence you know, same name, and same department....... OK Mr.Victor, listen up........I know dat u ve gat loads of research to make, I know dere are soft.copies of textbooks on the internet, I know you also need an internet enabled device to access these stream of information..... but come to think of it....

As the lady above said.....the fact that you are able to make this thread on Nairaland means your phone is internet enabled..... been internet enabled means you can access the stream of medical research and journals available on the internet......you could borrow lecture materials from a friend...... you may copy down notes.... did you know that when writing down lengthy materials, u tend to subvocalize them, leading high degree of familiarity with the material even before you read it?.....it may sound stressful, but Hey! it helps......the fact that you read in this money, time and energy consuming course, means you are there for a purpose... .that purpose cannot be terminated, irrespective of ur financial level.......medical libraries av a room where computers and laptops are to enable you download soft copies of lecture notes , and materials(dere is one in were I school... CMUL /LUTH )......u can read the soft copies on ur phone....soft copies are usually in PDF format....many phones including TECHNO can read PDF document....if u are using a Java phone, you may download an ebook reader

Come on don't be limited by your weakness..... instead make them ur greatest vantage point!

Vivly: Since you can't afford a laptop, why don't you use your phone browser for research?

Lovely comment Vivly
Re: Please Help Me! by subzidi: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2013
@ OP: Are you based in Lagos? If so, then send me an email so i can arrange for one for you. Note: Its an old laptop my hubby was using and i know it has issue eg you must always plug it on power otherwise it goes off. If you don't mind i can seed it to you, email me on chinedudotpavnaatgmaildotcom.

It is well you my bro! I knew how it was for me when i was in Uni infact ,i could'nt serve with my batch due to lack of money to pay school fees, project etc hmmmm but all that is history now...
May God bless your hustle!
Please anyone with a better lappy can also assist as i know the one i'm giving him is not in very good shape cry

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2013
Rehn: My phone won't work for projects. or getting soft copies either, at list not C1. I appreciate ur 1cent though.

You can get a 3.5 - 4 inch android phone @15K.

If you find it difficult to feed the belly, then how do you intend to feed a laptop with data plans monthly?

If you've ever used an android phone, you should know the phone can do anything. PDF files, MsWord, Youtube, just name it.

With your bluetooth and usb cable, you'll enjoy the same stuffs your mates see on laptops.
Re: Please Help Me! by vicksbaba(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2013

C1 has PDF reader..... and as Acidosis said......how do u intend to feed d laptop with data plans?
Re: Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2013
Acidosis:

You can get a 3.5 - 4 inch android phone @15K.

If you find it difficult to feed the belly, then how do you intend to feed a laptop with data plans monthly?

If you've ever used an android phone, you should know the phone can do anything. PDF files, MsWord, Youtube, just name it.

With your bluetooth and usb cable, you'll enjoy the same stuffs your mates see on laptops.
had it been I had a 15' lying in my account for no budget, I would have gotten a better phone since. Thanks though.
Re: Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 11:13am On Dec 10, 2013
vicksbaba:

C1 has PDF reader..... and as Acidosis said......how do u intend to feed d laptop with data plans?
my friends put money together to recharge their swift broadband, so every of them can connect to it. I can always use that.
Re: Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=sub_zidi]@ OP: Are you based in Lagos? If so, then send me an email so i can arrange for one for you. Note: Its an old laptop my hubby was using and i know it has issue eg you must always plug it on power otherwise it goes off. If you don't mind i can seed it to you, email me on chinedudotpavnaatgmaildotcom.

It is well you my bro! I knew how it was for me when i was in Uni infact ,i could'nt serve with my batch due to lack of money to pay school fees, project etc hmmmm but all that is history now...
May God bless your hustle!
Please anyone with a better lappy can also assist as i know the one i'm giving him is not in very gThank you ma, I'll really appreciate. Though my uncle that I live with stays in lagos, but I won't be coming to lagos anytime soon. I'll appreciate if you can send it.
Re: Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2013
vicksbaba:

Funny coincidence you know, same name, and same department....... OK Mr.Victor, listen up........I know dat u ve gat loads of research to make, I know dere are soft.copies of textbooks on the internet, I know you also need an internet enabled device to access these stream of information..... but come to think of it....

As the lady above said.....the fact that you are able to make this thread on Nairaland means your phone is internet enabled..... been internet enabled means you can access the stream of medical research and journals available on the internet......you could borrow lecture materials from a friend...... you may copy down notes.... did you know that when writing down lengthy materials, u tend to subvocalize them, leading high degree of familiarity with the material even before you read it?.....it may sound stressful, but Hey! it helps......the fact that you read in this money, time and energy consuming course, means you are there for a purpose... .that purpose cannot be terminated, irrespective of ur financial level.......medical libraries av a room where computers and laptops are to enable you download soft copies of lecture notes , and materials(dere is one in were I school... CMUL /LUTH )......u can read the soft copies on ur phone....soft copies are usually in PDF format....many phones including TECHNO can read PDF document....if u are using a Java phone, you may download an ebook reader

Come on don't be limited by your weakness..... instead make them ur greatest vantage point!

Lovely comment Vivly
Its all about time. Its a nice Idea though. But a medical student who believe they have spare time is very unserious. Am always on the go. Early morning lecture till night. Mehn, no time. I've been doing the borrowing part for long, but am tired.
Re: Please Help Me! by Rehn(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Please am still open to more views and comments.

(1) (Reply)

Should The Extended Family Financial Support Be Revealed To A Jealous Spouse? / Please Advise Me / Photos: What Do You Think Would Be The Nationality Of This Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.