Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,409 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Engineering Students Chatroom - Education (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Students Chatroom (27746 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Etitigood(m): 5:45am On Oct 01, 2014
ebixy: Permanent site ginger! Welcome my fellow engine boy, Electrical /Electronic Engineering 400L University of Uyo
ginger my bro. How is ur I.T.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Etitigood(m): 5:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Engineering Family

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2014
Luckygurl: Hmmm!! Never knew a thread like this existed. Got to know while I was snooping around.
I rep UNN, electronics engineering 300 level.
Hope to learn from U guys..
Great lioness!!I hail you cheesy I also rep UNN, electronics engineer though am still a fresher. Great seeing you cool cool
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2014
oilykid: Great lioness!!I hail you cheesy I also rep UNN, electronics engineer though am still a fresher. Great seeing you cool cool
Congratulations on your admission. U would love the experience, trust me..
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by ebixy(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2014
Etitigood: ginger my bro. How is ur I.T.
Thank God. We dey rugged am
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Abdulpro1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
Johncuba: I dnt mind at all...07039301928...add me on watsapp
aiit tanx sir,i'll do dat rytaway
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Abdulpro1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Elantracey: ..

good pm smiley
wassup Ella,nice job ur doing here,hope ur doing ok?
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Luckygurl:
Congratulations on your admission. U would love the experience, trust me..
Thankx alot.I would be looking up to you as my forerunner.hope you dont mind giving me your whatsapp id
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Matcruz(m): 12:17am On Oct 02, 2014
Finally found where i belong.......Im Matt., a 300l civil engineering student of the prestigious better by far university #UNILORIN..........nice meeting u guys here
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by meracool(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Elantracey:

welcome back smiley

How are you doing ?

Using this medium to welcome every one here as I can see new monicars .

Yeah.
Am Preparing for My 2nd semester exams jare..
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by mubitechnology: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2014
Top of the morn to all the great engineers in the house, mubarak is my name, newly admitted student of bayero university kano, computer engineering department.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2014
oilykid:
Thankx alot.I would be looking up to you as my forerunner.hope you dont mind giving me your whatsapp id
Apologies for the late reply. If you have any questions to ask, feel free to do so. Lets take it up from here first.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hello everyone. Am sylvia mechanical engineering student. Imsu 100 level. So far the journey has been smooth, all thanks to God. Done with first semester, awaiting results as we battle with second semester. though we have not fully commenced our departmental courses but so far it has been interesting. Shout out to luckygurl, tracey ivykorah all the ladies studying engineering in this thread. For u all what's its like being among the few ladies in the dept? Do u have any regrets so far? Nd are u in anyway finding it difficult? Is it just me or do u guys get this awkward reaction from people once u tell them u are studying engineering? This can be really annoying coupled with the annoying questions they ask like whhhaaaat a lady? Where u the one that applied for the course and all that? As if engineering is meant for boys alone. Pls waiting to hear frm u girls. Let's rub minds together and encourage eachother.

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Sylvyangel, the journey hasn't been easy but believe me when I say it's been fun.
Like there's this swag we've got as female engineers amongst our peers. The preferential treatment we get from our male counterparts and lots more.
I must confess at this point, it hasn't been easy. My just concluded 200 level was exceedingly stressful compared to 100 level. Times I would be in the workshop for 3-4 hours straight doing nothing but cutting, shaping, filing, welding and the likes whilst sweating my butts off.
Courses like enginneering thermodynamics, enginnering drawing, strength of materials and the rest of them stressed the hell outta me.
I'm glad I will get into my department proper by next month atleast to know my stand.
I'm happy having come this far although I've got quite alot ahead of me.
Passion, hardwork and the God factor has been my backbone albeit less of passion.

I sincerely do hope to learn from more matured minds here.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
Luckygurl:

Apologies for the late reply. If you have any questions to ask, feel free to do so. Lets take it up from here first.
OK. No qualms
please, which text books in physics and maths did you people use in your ist year session.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
oilykid:
OK. No qualms
please, which text books in physics and maths did you people use in your ist year session.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
Luckygurl:
Sylvyangel, the journey hasn't been easy but believe me when I say it's been fun.
Like there's this swag we've got as female engineers amongst our peers. The preferential treatment we get from our male counterparts and lots more.
I must confess at this point, it hasn't been easy. My just concluded 200 level was exceedingly stressful compared to 100 level. [b]Times I would be in the workshop for 3-4 hours straight doing nothing but cutting, shaping, filing, welding and the likes whilst sweating my butts off.
Courses like enginneering thermodynamics, enginnering drawing, strength of materials[\b]and the rest of them stressed the hell outta me.
I'm glad I will get into my department proper by next month atleast to know my stand.
Passion, hardwork and the God factor has been my backbone albeit less of passion.

at the bolded, I thought that it was only meant for M.E only and not applicable to electronics engineering
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
oilykid:
OK. No qualms
One introductory textbook like that written by lecturers in maths department, same goes for physics. I can't remember the names of the text. U just have to know your secondary school further maths well and you are good to go for the maths courses you would offer, mth 111 & 121.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
oilykid:
at the bolded, I thought that it was only meant for M.E only and not applicable to electronics engineering
In your second year, you'll have to offer general faculty courses, Civil engineering courses, mechanical engineering courses and it's likes. It's in your third year, you'd enter fully into your department ..

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
Luckygurl:

In your second year, you'll have to offer general faculty courses, Civil engineering courses, mechanical engineering courses and it's likes. It's in your third year, you'd enter fully into your department ..
thanks a lot for the useful info.I heard that electronics engineering departments always graduate the highest no of ist class holders in unn , how true is this info
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
oilykid:
thanks a lot for the useful info.I heard that electronics engineering departments always graduate the highest no of ist class holders in unn , how true is this info
Compared to other departments in the faculty, they normally produce the highest no of 1st class graduates. I don't know about that of the whole school.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Luckygurl:

Compared to other departments in the faculty, they normally produce the highest no of 1st class graduates. I don't know about that of the whole school.
OK.Electronics seems to be easiest course in the university when compared to other engineering courses
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
oilykid:
OK.Electronics seems to be easiest course in the university when compared to other engineering courses
Not necessarily the easiest but one of the easiest.

1 Like

Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
Luckygurl:

Not necessarily the easiest but one of the easiest.
which branch of electronics engineering are going into
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Luckygurl(f): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2014
oilykid:
which branch of electronics engineering are going into
I've not made my final decision but communication engineering is something I would love to venture into..
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by oilykid(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2014
Luckygurl:

I've not made my final decision but communication engineering is something I would love to venture into..
same thing with me
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Jesuspikin7: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
Greetings friends #chemical engineering #uniuyo #100level

Etitigood are you in school right now? I had like to meet you. Thanks

Ebixy I salute you too. Tuskites ginger!
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Etitigood(m): 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Jesuspikin7:
Greetings friends #chemical engineering #uniuyo #100level

Etitigood are you in school right now? I had like to meet you. Thanks

Ebixy I salute you too. Tuskites ginger!
yeah.. Engine ginger
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Neduzze5(m): 9:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Hello everyone, greetings!

Please, my younger brother wishes to study Mechanical Engineering in the University. But in WAEC, he didn't write Biology or Agriculture even in NECO. Now, he has gone to FUTO and FUTO requires a credit in Biology for Mechanical Engineering.

He has also checked MOUAU (Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike) and they require a credit in Biology or Agriculture. Now he's stranded and doesn't know what to do.

My question is:

Which University doesn't require any of these two subjects before they can give admission?

Thanks as I look forward to your replies.
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 31, 2014
I don't think u need biology in unilag..... U can use f/maths for it
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by dozieinspired: 10:28am On Oct 31, 2014
Elantracey:
welcom i'll be waitin...meanwhile am tracey studyin electrical electronics engineerin in university of benin 200l
hi,i am dozie and i just got admitted into the University of Benin to study Chemical engineering. would lyk to know the dos and donts of the faculty esp my department
Re: Engineering Students Chatroom by yinkard4me(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
Luckygurl:
I must confess at this point, it hasn't been easy. My just concluded 200 level was exceedingly stressful compared to 100 level. Times I would be in the workshop for 3-4 hours straight doing nothing but cutting, shaping, filing, welding and the likes whilst sweating my butts off.
Courses like enginneering thermodynamics, enginnering drawing, strength of materials and the rest of them stressed the hell outta me.

Luckygirl, hehehe. Am a graduate of Mechanical engineering dept, ABU zaria. Most engine students complains about 200Level. Why? It's cos you guys do most of our courses.
Mech no be beans oh... When we were in 200L, almost all engine studnts in d faculty complained of having dia worst result ever buh my dear, when we got to 300L and started mech proper, we knew our 200L result was far better buh here I am today, I give God all d Glory. Goodluck dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / School Of Nursing Ado Ekiti Entrance Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.