Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

My First Published Design - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My First Published Design (1296 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
after thoroughly learning graphic design by myself for 2 weeks, i came up with these...

Re: My First Published Design by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
cool......mainstream tho....but.....cool!!!!
Re: My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
this too

Re: My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
did these too

Re: My First Published Design by AleshKeem(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
nice one bro, keep it up
Re: My First Published Design by spywareczar(m): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
yungcheda: did these too
lol, learn harder
Re: My First Published Design by chukskelly: 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bro. Which software did u use? Pls cos i luv ur work.
Re: My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 12:02am On Dec 15, 2013
if u r referrin to me, i use photoshop and corel draw
Re: My First Published Design by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
No offence but tis' is the definition of Wack...
Where do you stay??
Holla me on 08074609223..
Should help you out.. #Text Only(Whatsapp if you have).. Note: That line don't receive call from peeps It don't know..
Re: My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
i only talk wt handsome dudes and nt wack guys
Re: My First Published Design by jidesp(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
yungcheda: i only talk wt handsome dudes and nt wack guys

You don't have to get angry when someone critize your work. I understand his critic approach is vague, but thats good to help you see your mistakes and improve, but if you expect everyone to say nice stuffs about it, just because it took you probably 20hours to complete, then you might never improve at all, cos no matter how long you spend on the design the result is what matters. So be conscious of that.

I have had my fair share of critics and it has helped me improve so many people can attest to that.

BTW My opinion about your work is. I like the first one, but since its a logo, its too much stuffs coming together. I'm not impressed with the rest, most of the placed, the edges are rough, and you should try to make your designs less complex but unique as much as possible.

Thanks
Re: My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
tanx alot jidesp dear. i am grateful for ur insightful criticisms. will take ur words and work on the craft.
Re: My First Published Design by jidesp(m): 11:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
yungcheda: tanx alot jidesp dear. i am grateful for ur insightful criticisms. will take ur words and work on the craft.

While you are at it. You should check out Visual Metaphor. It will help you insightful and explainable designs. I know some people find my method silly, but when you study Advertising, Branding and so on, you need to have an idea of what Visual Metaphor is.

Enjoy
Re: My First Published Design by yungcheda(m): 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
I am sorry but what does "visual metaphor" mean? How can I learn it? Interested!
Re: My First Published Design by jidesp(m): 8:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
First the word Metaphor means an object, activity, or idea that is used as a symbol of something else

Having an idea what it is, helps you create complex, simple creative work, that isn't just a design but comparison to something indirectly.

I usually advice most Graphic Artiste to read about it, designing isn't all about putting colors together, it has to communicate its purpose whether directly of indirectly.

Modern advertising relies heavily on visual metaphors. For example, in a magazine ad for the banking firm Morgan Stanley, a man is pictured bungee jumping off a cliff. Two words serve to explain this visual metaphor: a dotted line from the jumper's head points to the word "You"; another line from the end of the bungee cord points to "Us." The metaphorical message--of safety and security provided in times of risk--is conveyed through a single dramatic image.

below is the image of a visual metaphor

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcw6EObR1bPhfoKeliO2eP2WO92uQx7IDuXtI19JSXdjwLdIJ3[/img]

Creating a communicative designs gives you an edge over any other designers when looking for a job in the advertising industry.

Below are my designs, you can check out the links where i explains what the meant

[img]http://4.bp..com/-fC6D0Nj6lM8/UbTQ-WsHl4I/AAAAAAAAAKE/Lp8YsVIdFE8/s640/jidemaya+African+Child.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/--poaS5-P3vs/UbTRX3aPAWI/AAAAAAAAAKM/PGNQnwDe6sc/s640/Jidemaya+South+Africa.jpg[/img]

Here are the links https://www.nairaland.com/1201651/new-design-african-war-child

https://www.nairaland.com/1182643/new-work...proudly-south-african

(1) (Reply)

Biro Sketch / Custard Pack Design, Which Is Better? / Upload Your Portrait Painting And Tell Us About It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.