Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals (3998 Views)

10 Lines & Paragraph On Dussehra Festival In English Hindi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival / Sango And Electrical Energy.A Debate Btw Folykaze,Amanfrommars,Macof And Plaeton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013
Here are some pics sent to me by a friend of mine about a friend of his who is a Bata drummer, maker , seller and teacher.

The first 6 pics are from the World Sango Festival in Lagos and the rest from some other Festivals as well.

You might find them interesting.

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013
some. .

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2013
the rest. .

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:58am On Dec 11, 2013
others..

(1st pic Ogun . . )

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:59am On Dec 11, 2013
2nd pic - Gelede Drummer.

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2013
Cool cheesy

#TeamGOM
Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:11am On Dec 11, 2013
Proudly African.
The lady in the last pic has a pretty hairstyle.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by macof(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Beautiful.

Sango bi a wa se re
Sango Maa je ka ri Ibanuje
Sango Je ka ma po si
Sango maa je ki aisan mu wa
Sango maa je ka se buruku si Ofin
Sango maa je ka ri ibinu re
Sango maa je ka ri Ibunu Sopona
Sango maa je k'ina jo wa
Sango je ka ma ri idar'aye
Sango maa je ki awon eyon ika se wa
Sango ba mi segun Ota mi

Ase o!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
[size=28pt]ORÍKÌ SANGO[/size]

Oko ibéji eletimo, ojú eri eri ó là orun garara.

O sa ogiri eke nigbeigbe Egun toto bitan li awa yi odo fun.

Omi li eba iná li arin Orun, Olowo mi edun kan soso li o fi pa enia mefa.

Ori Ose li o gun lo, afi enia ti Soponnon eleran ekun to o gbopa.

Ekun Baba Timi, Orun funfun bi aje.

Oni laba jinijini ala a li ase atata bi okunrin a dugbe ekun oke.

Agbangba li ojú agada o gbe iná wo ile eke.

Shere Ajase Ose Orobondo.

Ki fi ojú bo orule ki o duro iná wonu ekun, nitori ayibamo eje ki awa jo se.

Oba tete li o le ale bi osu pa – eni, pa – eni, mo ni li ale. Ase.

Translation
[size=28pt](Praising the Spirit of Lightning)[/size]

Guardian of twins, Master of knowledge, brilliant eye, He splits the skies.

He splits the lira’s wall superbly, masker from the other world, we roll out the mortar and use it as a throne.

Water by the side of fire in the middle of the sky. Spirit who kills six with a thunder stone.

He mounts the head of Ose and goes, strong person, spotted leopard, like the Spirit of Infectious disease.

Leopard Father of the Chief of Ede, white sky, sign of richness.

Owner of the thunder bag, owner of the bad filled with power, seasoned warrior.

Storm on the edge of the knife, He carries fire on his head into the house.

Victorious Shere, Superlative Ose.

Flash of a leopard’s eye can set a roof on fire, against the unknown let us do things together.

Swift King, appearing like the evening moon, I have an assassin as a lover. May it be so.

source : Awo Falokun

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
I missed my childhood days.....festival like this is not common in Ondo state again. We only have Ogun, Oro and Egungun. I love those costumes
Re: PICTURES: World Sango Festival & Other Festivals by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE: [size=28pt]ORÍKÌ SANGO[/size]

Oko ibéji eletimo, ojú eri eri ó là orun garara.

O sa ogiri eke nigbeigbe Egun toto bitan li awa yi odo fun.

Omi li eba iná li arin Orun, Olowo mi edun kan soso li o fi pa enia mefa.

Ori Ose li o gun lo, afi enia ti Soponnon eleran ekun to o gbopa.

Ekun Baba Timi, Orun funfun bi aje.

Oni laba jinijini ala a li ase atata bi okunrin a dugbe ekun oke.

Agbangba li ojú agada o gbe iná wo ile eke.

Shere Ajase Ose Orobondo.

Ki fi ojú bo orule ki o duro iná wonu ekun, nitori ayibamo eje ki awa jo se.

Oba tete li o le ale bi osu pa – eni, pa – eni, mo ni li ale. Ase.

Translation
[size=28pt](Praising the Spirit of Lightning)[/size]

Guardian of twins, Master of knowledge, brilliant eye, He splits the skies.

He splits the lira’s wall superbly, masker from the other world, we roll out the mortar and use it as a throne.

Water by the side of fire in the middle of the sky. Spirit who kills six with a thunder stone.

He mounts the head of Ose and goes, strong person, spotted leopard, like the Spirit of Infectious disease.

Leopard Father of the Chief of Ede, white sky, sign of richness.

Owner of the thunder bag, owner of the bad filled with power, seasoned warrior.

Storm on the edge of the knife, He carries fire on his head into the house.

Victorious Shere, Superlative Ose.

Flash of a leopard’s eye can set a roof on fire, against the unknown let us do things together.

Swift King, appearing like the evening moon, I have an assassin as a lover. May it be so.

source : Awo Falokun

I love the imagery in these incantations.

It is so natural and filled with life and meaning.

(1) (Reply)

Does GOD Exist? "The Design Argument". / No One Goes To Heaven, No One Goes To Hell. / 2015 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.