Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

My View On Corruption In Nigeria And Reply To OBJ Against GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My View On Corruption In Nigeria And Reply To OBJ Against GEJ (1099 Views)

IBB Says To Obj That Fayose Is Truly A Bastard !! / Your Birthday Message To Obj / Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My View On Corruption In Nigeria And Reply To OBJ Against GEJ by WizPrince1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
The funny things only happen in Nigeria, where a corrupt man writes to another man, accusing him of being corrupt and causing corruption in the country.

The EFCC He brought was just for his political enemies because he knew what he was gaining and now he's here accusing GEJ of being Corrupt.

Yes i know GEJ is frustrated due to the challenges he's facing but that doesn't mean he is the one causing corruption. Corruption has been there even before he was elected as president.

But the Chemistry here is that GEJ and OBJ are friends (PDP) and this kind of thing is happening... Hmmm :-)
#iPrayForPDP

The present system, the presidential system we are operating is too costly for the level of our development in this country. If we want to be realistic, we should wipe it off. If you go on record to see how much we are spending with the executive arm, legislature and judiciary, how much we are spending at all levels of our local government, you will find out that, by the time we finish paying all these organs, there will be very little left for any meaningful development. And when we continue to do that, we will never get development, when these people are taking away 90 to 95 per cent of our revenue. The other day, the minister of aviation bought two armoured vehicles at N255 million, and they said, the American President’s vehicle is only N47 million and that is a President, President of the biggest country in the world, the most economically developed country in the world, with all their resources, yet the President is riding just N47 million car, and now, a minister is to ride cars worth N255 million. And these ones are just for her safety, there are still official cars around, how can you have development? You cannot have development, because these people have eaten deep into our resources and there is nothing left. So, I will plead that we go back to the way we were living before. We should go back to the way we were governing ourselves before, leaving presidential system of government, it is too expensive and go back to parliamentary system of government, where you elect people and among them, they elect a prime minister, then there will be no chaos.

Look at the way people scramble now to become governor or president, it is because it is too expensive, it is because they enjoy the positions, that is why it has become a do-or-die affair. Leave that. And then, why do we have to pay people if they are the servants of the people? We pay legislators to go and make laws, they should be paid allowances and not salaries, but now, they are paying them salaries, they are paying them retirement benefits; it is wrong, we are squandering our riches for nothing, nothing is left for development, so we should change.

#AnAdvice #NoOffense

CLICK LIKE IF YOU SUPPORT ME AND IF YOU THINK THIS CAN SAVE NIGERIA FROM CORRUPTION

4 Likes

Re: My View On Corruption In Nigeria And Reply To OBJ Against GEJ by thegoodone: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
The funny things only happen in Nigeria, where a corrupt man writes to another man, accusing him of being corrupt and causing corruption in the country.

The EFCC He brought was just for his political enemies because he knew what he was gaining and now he's here accusing GEJ of being Corrupt.

Yes i know GEJ is frustrated due to the challenges he's facing but that doesn't mean he is the one causing corruption. Corruption has been there even before he was elected as president.

But the Chemistry here is that GEJ and OBJ are friends (PDP) and this kind of thing is happening... Hmmm :-)
#iPrayForPDP

The present system, the presidential system we are operating is too costly for the level of our development in this country. If we want to be realistic, we should wipe it off. If you go on record to see how much we are spending with the executive arm, legislature and judiciary, how much we are spending at all levels of our local government, you will find out that, by the time we finish paying all these organs, there will be very little left for any meaningful development. And when we continue to do that, we will never get development, when these people are taking away 90 to 95 per cent of our revenue. The other day, the minister of aviation bought two armoured vehicles at N255 million, and they said, the American President’s vehicle is only N47 million and that is a President, President of the biggest country in the world, the most economically developed country in the world, with all their resources, yet the President is riding just N47 million car, and now, a minister is to ride cars worth N255 million. And these ones are just for her safety, there are still official cars around, how can you have development? You cannot have development, because these people have eaten deep into our resources and there is nothing left. So, I will plead that we go back to the way we were living before. We should go back to the way we were governing ourselves before, leaving presidential system of government, it is too expensive and go back to parliamentary system of government, where you elect people and among them, they elect a prime minister, then there will be no chaos.

Look at the way people scramble now to become governor or president, it is because it is too expensive, it is because they enjoy the positions, that is why it has become a do-or-die affair. Leave that. And then, why do we have to pay people if they are the servants of the people? We pay legislators to go and make laws, they should be paid allowances and not salaries, but now, they are paying them salaries, they are paying them retirement benefits; it is wrong, we are squandering our riches for nothing, nothing is left for development, so we should change.

#AnAdvice #NoOffense
the system is the problem
Re: My View On Corruption In Nigeria And Reply To OBJ Against GEJ by WizPrince1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
thegoodone: the system is the problem
Thank God You Know!

(1) (Reply)

Gej Laughable Quotes / Dino Melaye Shows Off New Girlfriend / Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.