Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,511 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist (25854 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by chibecanglobal(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
busterr:

and i haven't said the bible or quaranic version of creation is credible too, there's more to this world than you or your fellow fu.ckwit who quoted me after you can really comprehend.
Hell i don't have any problem with you being an atheist, just like i have no problem with buddhists, christians, muslims and so on, but if you believe you're once a monkey, then my questioning your brain capacity is justifiable.
The evolution theory has been criticized by many in recent years and funny as it may be, the critics are mainly atheists.
If Charlse Darwin and some selected few couldn't find a credible theory, then i don't think anyone will get the story right, or even close so that means i'll stick to yhe biblical theory. Talk about mystical powers!!
One thing we should all know is that everything is undergoing constant change wether or not we want to accept this reality.
Everything is in evolution. i mean every organic entity be it animal or plant.
we are constantly transforming though at varying rates.There is always a starting point and endpoint for every species be it species that lived in the past, those existing now and those that will evolve tomorrow. The evidence of evolution abound around us and a lot of scientific/ empirical work have been done to reveal this reality.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Hero10001: 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
dalaman:

Stop dropping platitiudes when you know you can not follow them to the end. The bible gives a 6 day account of creation. If it is true it will have scientific backing. Science says the universe had a begining and you quickly rushed to hug it, but your bible says the earth and the uinverse were created together in the begining. Can you support that? The bible has nothing to do with science, it is a book of religious belief, like all the other ones out there, if you want to believe it you can do so, but claiming it is the right one because science supports it is just false because science does not support anything written in the book of genesis about the creation of the earth and the universe.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Hero10001: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
dalaman:

Stop dropping platitiudes when you know you can not follow them to the end. The bible gives a 6 day account of creation. If it is true it will have scientific backing. Science says the universe had a begining and you quickly rushed to hug it, but your bible says the earth and the uinverse were created ogether in the begining. Can you support that? The bible has nothing to do with science, it is a book of religious belief, like all the other ones out there, if you want to believe it you can do so, but claiming it is the right one because science supports it is just false because science does not support anything written in the book of genesis about the creation of the earth and the universe.
See another morafuking lazylot!
Who told you that Science does not support the book of Genesis? Ha?!
Do you even know what Science is? What of Geography,?! No, you don't.
You go school at all?
Or You nor dey watch Dstv ni?
Stop promoting ignorance.
Oya, google Evolution and Spontaneous generation, study it carefully then read the Holy book of Genesis.
You'r about to discover yourself, you go believe!
After that, If you are not convinced, there are two things involved, it's either English is your problem or your a fool at 40. i.e, Na Monkey born ya .mama,.
But there is hope though, you have to wait.. German scientists will soon discover God, i know you trust them..
Peace.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

To start with, I find it bizarre how on earth you still find a prophecy that clearly used the word "soon" valid after ten good years.

There is nothing supernatural about what you explained above. Back then in 2012 when chelsea won the champions league, I told my friends long before the match that the match was going to end in a 1-1 and chelsea will go on to win the penalty shoot out 4 goals to 3. Guess what happened, the match ended just exactly as I had predicted.

Was that also supernatural? People predict the outcome of 10, 14 matches and it all comes to pass. Also supernatural?

What the man did is nothing more than a guess and that it even took 10 years for what he referred to as soon to occur shows his failed prophecy has nothing to do with your travel.

I can't say that I'm surprised. It is a shame though. Remain in peace brother.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

Wait until i tell them i saw an angel. They would probably say i am hallucinating.cheesy
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Wait until i tell them i saw an angel. They would probably say i am hallucinating.cheesy

Yup
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
NativeBoy:

cheesy cheesy same to ya

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Wait until i tell them i saw an angel. They would probably say i am hallucinating.cheesy

And what did you say when Joseph Smith said Angel moroni delivered the book of mormon to him on a plate of Gold?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

And what did you say when Joseph Smith said Angel moroni delivered the book of mormon to him on a plate of Gold?
I don't know. Never heard of him.What do you say?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: I don't know. Never heard of him.What do you say?

You see? The only thing you know is the religion you were indoctrinated with.

Joseph Smith is the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later day saints. They have a holy book called book of mormon. Joseph Smith claimed an angel from God delivered the book to him on a plate of Gold. He said the bible was corrupt and God had to reveal a new book.

The point of this whole epistle is, several other people have also claimed to see an angel from God.
Mohammed is another example you should be familiar with. Same way you don't take their encounters serious, don't expect people outside your religion to take yours serious.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Closed

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NoContract(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Like i said before, i dont care what people think about my opinion. I was born a christian and will always remain a christian by birthday. What im saying is that, the world would be a better place if every body, you and i respect every ones religion.

Im So much concerned about the world being at peace. Im not against any religion be it muslim, christian,hindu or african traditional religion or even the atheist them self. Most people who practice christianity or muslim today do so because they grew up in a christian, muslim family so they learnt christian/muslim principles as a kid but it doesn't mean what they are practicing is right or wrong.its a little bit confusing but that how the world has made it. The struggle for religious superiority has made the world an unsafe place.

When an atheist, muslims ask christians question, they end up quoting a verse from the bible.how then do you expect the unbeliever to belief you. Like i said before. The bible was written by different people under different circumstance. Some circumstance were influenced by the people in power as at then. Even until today,they still play politics in the first church (catholic church).

So rather than quoting a random verse from the bible that was influenced by political powers, why not provide valid justifiable evidence to back your stand. You rely on the bible because you parents relied on it and because the old followers of christ rely on it. So you end up believing everything because you have soaked yourself from childhood.

There is God, YES I TRUELY AGREE.i believe in the old testament of the bible to some extend because it was similar to the quaran and some religious book that was published. During the translation of the original bible, there were some gramatically misunderstanding that was interpreted, skipped or replaced with wordings that favoured the then political power.

Look at what happened during Nelson Mandela's final death ceremony, the sign language interpreter said he saw angels that was why he was interpreting wrongly. Is that not crazy?

20 yrs ago, Nigeria had no religious crisis. That was the same time there were fewer christians and muslim and people believed in different african Gods. Christians believed that a different african religion would use ur photo for witchcraft and voodoo. What is happening today?

You and i being christians are uploading our pics freely to facebook and instagram where the same witchcraft you were running from lived. Or do you think witches dont use facebook. Iont live in Nigeria anymore but im wondering what the men of God, "christians, muslims, anf voodoist are saying about the privacy of your photos.

The world is changing, people are gaining knowledge. Yes i believe God bestowed knowledge on every one of us to have a rethink about some politically influenced documented evidence of his creature. Until then, let us respect everyones opinion about his belief.

To my friend who won american visa because of some prophecy- im so happy for you ooo. But i have a friend who the grandpa who was anon christian prophesied to him that he will win a lottery within a Year after playing for several years And 7 months later, the guy won the lottery. So my question is. Who is this miracle working God that is performing all this things through christians and african traditional religion? At the end i think we all worship one God but the medium through which we worship defer. So lets respect one anothers believe and leave the rest to God.

Both in the bible, quaran and the stories of african traditional religion, god assured us that he will reward good and evil. Why una come dey do God work naa. Its not for us to judge peoples belief.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

You see? The only thing you know is the religion you were indoctrinated with.

Joseph Smith is the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later day saints. They have a holy book called book of mormon. Joseph Smith claimed an angel from God delivered the book to him on a plate of Gold. He said the bible was corrupt and God had to reveal a new book.

The point of this whole epistle is, several other people have also claimed to see an angel from God.
Mohammed is another example you should be familiar with. Same way you don't take their encounters serious, don't expect people outside your religion to take yours serious.
ofcos if they claim an angel appeared to them i believed them. Can you tell us the content of the message the angel delivered?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: ofcos if they claim an angel appeared to them i believed them. Can you tell us the content of the message the angel delivered?

You believe anyone that claims that he or she saw an angel?

smh.....do you think that is wise?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: ofcos if they claim an angel appeared to them i believed them. Can you tell us the content of the message the angel delivered?

Google is your friend.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

You believe anyone that claims that he or she saw an angel?

smh.....do you think that is wise?
Yeah i do..you have forgotten so soon that there are fallen angels abi?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Yeah i do..you have forgotten so soon that there are fallen angels abi?

And the angels you see are not the fallen ones grin grin
Nothing I no go hear for nairaland

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

Google is your friend.
Am on a phone..there is no harm in helping us copy and paste so we can see and learn.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam: Am on a phone..there is no harm in helping us copy and paste so we can see and learn.

So, am I. Let me see if I can help. I'll have to do a quick search on google.

Edit: check this https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-joseph-smith/chapter-16

Its pretty long but you can skim through it
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
mrnestyy1985: Like i said before, i dont care what people think about my opinion. I was born a christian and will always remain a christian by birthday. What im saying is that, the world would be a better place if every body, you and i respect every ones religion.

Im So much concerned about the world being at peace. Im not against any religion be it muslim, christian,hindu or african traditional religion or even the atheist them self. Most people who practice christianity or muslim today do so because they grew up in a christian, muslim family so they learnt christian/muslim principles as a kid but it doesn't mean what they are practicing is right or wrong.its a little bit confusing but that how the world has made it. The struggle for religious superiority has made the world an unsafe place.

When an atheist, muslims ask christians question, they end up quoting a verse from the bible.how then do you expect the unbeliever to belief you. Like i said before. The bible was written by different people under different circumstance. Some circumstance were influenced by the people in power as at then. Even until today,they still play politics in the first church (catholic church).

So rather than quoting a random verse from the bible that was influenced by political powers, why not provide valid justifiable evidence to back your stand. You rely on the bible because you parents relied on it and because the old followers of christ rely on it. So you end up believing everything because you have soaked yourself from childhood.

There is God, YES I TRUELY AGREE.i believe in the old testament of the bible to some extend because it was similar to the quaran and some religious book that was published. During the translation of the original bible, there were some gramatically misunderstanding that was interpreted, skipped or replaced with wordings that favoured the then political power.

Look at what happened during Nelson Mandela's final death ceremony, the sign language interpreter said he saw angels that was why he was interpreting wrongly. Is that not crazy?

20 yrs ago, Nigeria had no religious crisis. That was the same time there were fewer christians and muslim and people believed in different african Gods. Christians believed that a different african religion would use ur photo for witchcraft and voodoo. What is happening today?

You and i being christians are uploading our pics freely to facebook and instagram where the same witchcraft you were running from lived. Or do you think witches dont use facebook. Iont live in Nigeria anymore but im wondering what the men of God, "christians, muslims, anf voodoist are saying about the privacy of your photos.

The world is changing, people are gaining knowledge. Yes i believe God bestowed knowledge on every one of us to have a rethink about some politically influenced documented evidence of his creature. Until then, let us respect everyones opinion about his belief.

To my friend who won american visa because of some prophecy- im so happy for you ooo. But i have a friend who the grandpa who was anon christian prophesied to him that he will win a lottery within a Year after playing for several years And 7 months later, the guy won the lottery. So my question is. Who is this miracle working God that is performing all this things through christians and african traditional religion? At the end i think we all worship one God but the medium through which we worship defer. So lets respect one anothers believe and leave the rest to God.

Both in the bible, quaran and the stories of african traditional religion, god assured us that he will reward good and evil. Why una come dey do God work naa. Its not for us to judge peoples belief.

You raised a lot of points but I will speak to what I think is the most important one. And that is that we don't all worship the same God. Do we all have a concept of God? Yes. But we don't worship the same God. Now is there divination, of course there is. The bible makes no secret of this. Consider Moses vs Pharoah's magicians, the witch at Endor, the wise men (astrologers) who saw the star that signaled the birth of Christ.

Now your point is that because these people could tap into the supernatural, it means that they were worshipping the Judeo-Christian God. That is false. The difference was illustrated in the story of Moses. His serpent consumed the others, and then it got to a certain stage where they could not even attempt to do what Moses did; when it became about life and death. One is all encompassing.

In comparing my story with that of your friend's, it only illustrates that God is exact. God said I would go to America soon. He didn't tell me how so I tried a bunch of ways and none of them worked. I had even stopped caring then one day in church, the word of God came through another prophet and He said that this is the year I should play the lottery. There was no guesswork. There are so many other experiences I have had when it was like in the third month if this year, this will be done, and it was done in exact manner.

It is a shame when Christians tell other Christians to disarm themselves when discussing with atheists. Please see my response to an earlier post to @textanomaly when she made a similar remark as yours. It's in the first two pages if the thread. Christ spoke nothing but the word and I do not think I will go in any other direction.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
rationalmind:

And the angels you see are not the fallen ones grin grin
Nothing I no go hear for nairaland
Maybe..maybe not..The fact is i established there are angels..and that buttress the experience of the others you quoted in your post.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by NativeBoy: 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2013

Well said Bidam. To verify the accuracy of the experience, we must look at the content of the message. The bible says to test every spirit.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bidam, check my previous post. I've edited it
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hero10001:
See another morafuking lazylot!
Who told you that Science does not support the book of Genesis? Ha?!
Do you even know what Science is?
What of Geography,?! No, you don't.
You go school at all?
Or You nor dey watch Dstv ni?
Stop promoting ignorance.
Oya, google Evolution and Spontaneous generation, study it carefully then read the Holy book of Genesis.
You'r about to discover yourself, you go believe!
After that, If you are not convinced, there are two things involved, it's either English is your problem or your a fool at 40. i.e, Na Monkey born ya .mama,.
But there is hope though, you have to wait.. German scientists will soon discover God, i know you trust them..
Peace.
Science supports that all creation were created in 6 days? Or that the first man was created about 6000 years ago? Or that the man was moulded from dust and a 3rd party gave him life by breathing into him? Or that the first woman was fashioned from the rib of the man? Or that light was fashioned out of a spoken word? grin If you're going to be sooo rude and obnoxious to someone who posts with a lot more intelligence than you do, you had best make sure you have your facts right, rather than make yourself look stupid with your crass ignorance.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Science supports that all creation were created in 6 days? Or that the first man was created about 6000 years ago? Or that the man was moulded from dust and a 3rd party gave him life by breathing into him? Or that the first woman was fashioned from the rib of the man? Or that light was fashioned out of a spoken word? grin If you're going to be sooo rude and obnoxious to someone who posts with a lot more intelligence than you do, you had best make sure you have your facts right, rather than make yourself look stupid with your crass ignorance.
TKO
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
It's amusing watching the desperation of many modern day christians trying desperately to create ridiculous correlations with science from the proven falsehoods in the bible. Maintain the clear divide between science and your faith and you may at least be in more respectable ground, rather than the desperate attempts to formulate a close link between the 2. The creation story, the tower of Babel, Noah's ark and the flood and a lot of the other crap in Genesis have absolutely no scientific basis.

Reminds me of some guy (ironically, a biologist) trying to convince me the Noah story was feasible - that one man could somehow gather pairs of millions of animal species together under his primitive ark. Or that people around the world speak different languages because some people offended God by building a skyscraper to reach the heavens. Seriously, how on earth do people believe crap like that? grin
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
Bidam: Maybe..maybe not..The fact is i established there are angels..and that buttress the experience of the others you quoted in your post.
Do you know that I am an Angel? I am one good and sweet looking dude! cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
rationalmind:

Yes. It is by my power. I can decide to drink acid now and end my life. Its by my power I'm still alive and I still breathe
lol
nice one

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

Which right thinking man would marry u in Africa..

They wouldn't want u to bear wayward Children with no values n purpose..

A male atheist is bad enough..
A female toh worst..

I should send a sniper after U..

I'm just seeing this! Oga, what brand of analgesic do you need please?
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by RikoduoSennin(m): 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Science supports that all creation were created in 6 days?

6 creative days( which can span any period of time) not our 24hour days- it does not make sense if it took God to Speak "let there be light" in a space of 24 hours and at the Same time create all Species of plants and animals within a 24hour day, When it will take a very long time to study all about them!

Obi1kenobi:
Or that the first man was created about 6000 years ago?

Note What Fossil record of Man not Vegetation/ animals Says, The so called ice age( could have alter Man's fossil record)

Obi1kenobi:
Or that the man was moulded from dust and a 3rd party gave him life by breathing into him?

Facts- dust particles in our home is made up of what? Quess: dead human skin, Is there anything that remains if a Human being is decomposed? If someone is not breathing, Can CPR-breathing into him bring him to life (resuscitate)? Yes, Is it add to believe a Second person is involved now.

Obi1kenobi:
Or that the first woman was fashioned from the rib of the man?

Well that is Faith, but Can you explain the innate attractiveness between between that exist between a man and a woman. Just like Magnets.

Obi1kenobi:
Or that light was fashioned out of a spoken word?

Have Scientist been able to explain where "Light" came from? Its origin as a Spectrum.

Please do not insult what you do not know (The bible). Before Scientist discovered that the Earth was Round and Hanging on Nothing- the bible has( Isa 40:22, Job 26:7). Some 2000years before Space ship took man out of earth to See it was round and Suspended by Gravity. So how did those Primitive men know all this and more? Superior intelligence from Someone or Something.
Re: 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist by frank317: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
RikoduoSennin:

6 creative days( which can span any period of time) not our 24hour days- it does not make sense if it took God to Speak "let there be light" in a space of 24 hours and at the Same time create all Species of plants and animals within a 24hour day, When it will take a very long time to study all about them!

Note What Fossil record of Man not Vegetation/ animals Says, The so called ice age( could have alter Man's fossil record)

Facts- dust particles in our home is made up of what? Quess: dead human skin, Is there anything that remains if a Human being is decomposed? If someone is not breathing, Can CPR-breathing into him bring him to life (resuscitate)? Yes, Is it add to believe a Second person is involved now.

Well that is Faith, but Can you explain the innate attractiveness between between that exist between a man and a woman. Just like Magnets.

Have Scientist been able to explain where "Light" came from? Its origin as a Spectrum.

Please do not insult what you do not know (The bible). Before Scientist discovered that the Earth was Round and Hanging on Nothing- the bible has( Isa 40:22, Job 26:7). Some 2000years before Space ship took man out of earth to See it was round and Suspended by Gravity. So how did those Primitive men know all this and more? Superior intelligence from Someone or Something.

ohhh my!!!! how do u guys put up with this kind of people. i have never read such nonsense in my life before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

World's Famous Freemasons / Apostle Suleman: Why I Won’t Take COVID-19 Vaccine / Armed Robbers Attacked Me! I Declared Myself A CHOSEN! They Left Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.