Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service (12482 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / Google Translate Adds Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa To It's Languages / Google Adds Igbo, Yoruba And Hausa To Its Google Translate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Babalegba(m): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
SLIDE waxie: why dnt u pretend to be wise a little?

Besides, what nonsense did u write as ur signature?

'Christams is not all abt wot under the tree but abt Jesus who died on the tree'

undecided how does that make sense to u? Even the grammatical error na bam!

i dnt knw wetin ur own Jesus wan pluck for tree wey make am die there o.

So, na tree ur own jesus die on, abi?

SMH!!!
. Oga, the yoruba bit in the post is a tongue twister while the tree bit is a common admonition in the west about focusing on the spiritual aspect of Christmas rather than the commercial aspect.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by PeeDaVinci: 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
I think this is a good development. But everybody must contribute to it to make it better.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by QMark: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Go and Die = Lo ki o si ku

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Opengates(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: I couldn't help but laugh at this translations;

eko o ni baje - education have broken

o baje ti - You have broken

grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by mrperfect(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
That is a welcome development.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Abbott(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
But really guys, I would think as I am sure most other non IT people here will think that stuff like this should have been started by Nigerian developers...Must Google do everything for us? If Google had not done this, all the Nigerian languages would have been left behind by technology? Siri does not understand yoruba/igbo/hausa yet lots of people are using it.

Technology is not just meant for the privileged, it is meant for everybody, illiterates, market women, old, young, etc It behoves on us that are literate, ICT-wise to make technology available for all as easy as it can be. Google must not do everything for us. Though the translate is not all that yet, but it will get better, but it will be owned by Google. We should live our lives to the full and also help others to live their life to the fullest.

A consortuim of Nigerian programmers could have done this, make it open source, license the source code to ICT companies to integrate into their products. Microsoft, Apple, Andriod, Blackberry, Sony, Samsung, etc :|
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by gidigbi(m): 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: I couldn't help but laugh at this translations;

eko o ni baje - education have broken

o baje ti - You have broken

grin

Seeing with your eyes will even make you laugh the more.

Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Swiftboy(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lol so funny! I know yoruba language to be easy to write but difficult to pronounce!
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Sike(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
ogologodimkpa: Good to know.
I'm off to translate some yoruba words I've been looking for the meaning.
I must understand ede yoruba by fire and by force grin.
LMAO. We can help you pass Google tho.
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by joywendy(f): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
yes!! finally my prayers has been answered! grin *happy dancing*
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by tunnex190: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wow! Nice one google translation. I checked 'inunibini' and it shown 'persecution'. This is very correct. But it is so hard to get meaningful words for phrases checked
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by Psylas(m): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Afam4eva: I thought it had been for some time.

There's something i noticed though. I typed an Igbo sentence and it didn't give me the exact English translation that i wanted until i changed the dialect. I think they have to make it open for different Igbo word usage. For instance, "Olisa gozie gi(God bless you)" did not give me what i wanted until i typed "Chukwu gozie gi".
they are still working on it
Re: Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Available On Google Translation Service by GentleFrank(m): 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
You have done well Google !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Blogging Sins That May Push You Into A Hell Of Failures - Mi Muba / Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / Google Unveils Its Best Content Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.