Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,288 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge (1624 Views)

Presidency Lied Against ASUU, By Nasir Fagge / Breaking News - ASUU Finally Calls Off Strike / Police Avert Explosion At Fagge Juma'at Mosque, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Manchidede(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2013

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will suspend the five months strike next week after the union signed a Memorandum of Understanding to that effect with Federal Government on Wednesday
ASUU President, Dr. Nasir Fagge, who signed the agreement on behalf of the union, confirmed to journalists that the strike would be called off next week following agreement signed by both parties.
Fagge said the MoU contained all the demands presented by the union.
SOURCE: The Nation
BLOG
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by kaze4blues(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Good news!!!!!

FTC......
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by MissLirusehn(f): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Good news. Time will tell
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by anselm791(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Too late, we don't give a poo anymore.
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Jman06(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
Finally! APC has been put to shame.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by LMAyedun(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
Why now? Just too late...
And we are not new to the saying "ASUU will call off next week" we've been hearing that since Sept..
Make that next week come 1st.
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by SouthernGuy(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
I hope this is true,It's difficult to believe some stories these days most especially that which concerns FG and ASUU.

All the same,it gives me great concern that the President who is a former lecturer can allow this strike to last this long.
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by SouthernGuy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Jman06: Finally! APC has been put to shame.

Mister,this has nothing to do with APC.FG didn't since the 2009 MOU under duress.

I need not remind you that President Jonathan was the broker between the FG and ASUU when he was VP.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by adegwurulez(m): 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
in oshiomole's voice *fagge go and die*
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by LordNicvuitton(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
the president has long since November agreed to the tabled demands but ASUU staff were too tired and lazy to lecture again, so they used the death of the chairman as a lame excuse saying he was murdered and when doctors proved them wrong, they had neither the alibi nor d reason to keep d strike going again.. now they've achieved 5mnths of holiday.. they deserve no payment for works not done. ASUU can kiss d blackest and most hairy part of ma a.ss
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by elvisluke(m): 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lecture halls will be full with new burn babies' as most of de girls ve
gotin married.
And shall be comin back 2 sch with their babies.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by kennybelle: 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Op, this is no news. Biko dnt give us HBP, we‘ve heard of this overtime. Who cares
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by engrflames: 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Victory for ASUU, our education and the oppressed masses of this dear country by the PDP oppressors. Where are thy accusers, Wike, Okupe, Okonjo etc. I said it earlier that the FG will loose the battle because they were on the wrong side of justice and reasoning. Thank God they did not continue on the path of error. If they have done the needful, our students would not have stayed at home this long. I hope GEJ has learnt some lessons in leadership. If I were him, that man Wike will pay for this embarassment to
my government.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Rexsul: 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
schooln is nt part of my agender anymore.....business tinzzz!
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Drniyi4u(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
I hope so......we've resumed in oau but no lecture has ever hold although lecturers are around, school calendar z out nd semester's timetable z out
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by omenka(m): 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
I heard they've got very good rehabs in Jos. Do yourself a favour bro.

@post. ASUU did well to have the govt append her signature to that document before calling off the strike otherwise all the struggle wouldave been in vain. Now its a valid legal document that can be used whenever the need arises.

Long live ASUU
Long live FRN.
Death to Martins Elechi.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by omenka(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lord Nicvuitton: the president has long since November agreed to the tabled demands but ASUU staff were too tired and lazy to lecture again, so they used the death of the chairman as a lame excuse saying he was murdered and when doctors proved them wrong, they had neither the alibi nor d reason to keep d strike going again.. now they've achieved 5mnths of holiday.. they deserve no payment for works not done. ASUU can kiss d blackest and most hairy part of ma a.ss

Why are you so dvmb Don't you have anything new to say You keep spaming all the threads created over this issue with this silly post thinking you are making a point.
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Faculty14(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Great move by both FG and ASUU.. But we go 1st collect decemba salary ooh
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by taharqa: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
So finali it was still d Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education that signed d MOU, kwa?? Can smone remind me what ASUU Demands were again...
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by mascot87(m): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nigerian students should also commence strike ASAP
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by mascot87(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
You mean your P man has being put to shame
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Napoleondegreat: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
kennybelle: Op, this is no news. Biko dnt give us HBP, we‘ve heard of this overtime. Who cares

NFCS DOES
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by free2ryhme: 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by FreeGlobe(f): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
engrflames: Victory for ASUU, our education and the oppressed masses of this dear country by the PDP oppressors. Where are thy accusers, Wike, Okupe, Okonjo etc. I said it earlier that the FG will loose the battle because they were on the wrong side of justice and reasoning. Thank God they did not continue on the path of error. If they have done the needful, our students would not have stayed at home this long. I hope GEJ has learnt some lessons in leadership. If I were him, that man Wike will pay for this embarassment to
my government.
please how is it victory for ASUU? most of their demands and conditions were not met by FG. The sack threat really played a huge role here. ASUU lost and were embarrassed not fg
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by vanguard1(m): 12:23am On Dec 12, 2013
NICE of them.
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by landmass: 1:57am On Dec 12, 2013
good for them
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by omenka(m): 2:28am On Dec 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
please how is it victory for ASUU? most of their demands and conditions were not met by FG. The sack threat really played a huge role here. ASUU lost and were embarrassed not fg

Sack threat worked?? What part of the cosmos do you get that your blunt Would really like to get some o' dat!!.

The sack threat was a disastrous gambit which blew in the govt's face and embarassed them deeply. That underscores why Okupe had to scramble one of his biggest lies yet, that there was over 70% compliance from the lecturers to the directive issued by the FG to return to class. When they saw it wasn't gonna work, first, they extended the "deadline", followed by outright cancellation due to "compliance" cheesycheesy. One wonders if the lecturers that complied were ghost lecturers. U know, these PDP fellas, yourself inclusive, have eyes for the supernatural. gringrin. They thought they were dealing with a toothpaste factory union.

It's a blunder I would like to believe they would never repeat. But hey, who knows, if history has taught us anything, it taught us govt is the worst student of history!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by jmaine: 2:44am On Dec 12, 2013
The same ASUU whose lecturers were busy signing registers in their faculties after the FG issued out threats . . . .

Only the ASUU leadership were adamant, the followers ( Lecturers) were busy following presidential orders despite the noise from their ASUU comrades grin . . .
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 12, 2013
Nonsense! This fagg0tt guy wan pour sand for my garii? If you like resume today, I no send you! Not coming until February!
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by bcomputer101: 6:33am On Dec 12, 2013

•Why do you want to politicize this thread?

•Why are you advertising your ignorance here? This kind comment is one of the reason condoms should be free and abortion legalized in Nigeria...

•And another reason why i support abortion

•Will you drop that bottle and modify your comment

ODE!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by naijaking1: 6:41am On Dec 12, 2013
Why not now
The political inclination of this ASUU is so obvious that it's become almost criminal. After 5 months of not doing your job, are you not even ashamed or eager to to even pretend to be willing to resume work? The work you're paid for, and which you claimed has not been adequately supported by the government.
ASUU wants to wait till next week so that they could do more political damage to GEJ. It wouldn't surprise me if Alh Fagge postpones it till when he returns from lesser hajj in 1 month!
Re: Breaking News: ASUU Will Suspend Strike Next Week – Fagge by FreeGlobe(f): 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
omenka:
Sack threat worked?? What part of the cosmos do you get that your blunt Would really like to get some o' dat!!.

The sack threat was a disastrous gambit which blew in the govt's face and embarassed them deeply. That underscores why Okupe had to scramble one of his biggest lies yet, that there was over 70% compliance from the lecturers to the directive issued by the FG to return to class. When they saw it wasn't gonna work, first, they extended the "deadline", followed by outright cancellation due to "compliance" cheesycheesy. One wonders if the lecturers that complied were ghost lecturers. U know, these PDP fellas, yourself inclusive, have eyes for the supernatural. gringrin. They thought they were dealing with a toothpaste factory union.

It's a blunder I would like to believe they would never repeat. But hey, who knows, if history has taught us anything, it taught us govt is the worst student of history!
look at this joker. was it not ASUU that went to class to drag out teaching lecturers at uniben? can you inform us any new thing the govt offered ASUU that is different from previous offers that made them sign the mou with a perm sec as against the attorney general they requested. The sack threat rattled ASUU believe it or not.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp's Secret Weapon Against APC In 2015 / As PDP Crisis Deepens: Jonathan Begs Govs Aliyu, Lamido / Breaking! Chibok School Girls In Good Condition, Say Boko Haram Spiritual Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.