Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? (1306 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) / Fiancee Or Spouse Visa, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by KnightDaakins: 12:49am On Dec 12, 2013
Hello Guys,
Am fairly new though not completely a stranger to NAIRALAND. I currently have a challenge of what approach will be better especially since I am a complete newbie to Visa Applications Issues and Processes.
I am here to solicit advice from more experienced NAIRALANDERS. Here is my story.
About 18 months ago, I met this beautiful lady online on a christian dating site and we are both in love with one another. She is a United States citizen from Louisiana. I have decided to marry her. I am well acquainted with her family and she mine. We speak everyday over the phone or on video chats. My problem right now is that I don't know which approach can be more successful; either the path of the Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa. I know that in both scenarios, we have to meet physically. To this end, we've both agreed that she come to Nigeria next year to visit me.
Although, at the moment, we are considering the option of the fiancee visa which requires her to write to the USCIS office for a fiancee visa for me; hence her coming next year for a visit, to proof that we've met in person.
Please, I sincerely solicit the advice of everyone who know this stuff quite well to advice me. I'll be most grateful for your contributions.
Re: Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by wishlolia(f): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2013
KnightDaakins: Hello Guys,
Am fairly new though not completely a stranger to NAIRALAND. I currently have a challenge of what approach will be better especially since I am a complete newbie to Visa Applications Issues and Processes.
I am here to solicit advice from more experienced NAIRALANDERS. Here is my story.
About 18 months ago, I met this beautiful lady online on a christian dating site and we are both in love with one another. She is a United States citizen from Louisiana. I have decided to marry her. I am well acquainted with her family and she mine. We speak everyday over the phone or on video chats. My problem right now is that I don't know which approach can be more successful; either the path of the Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa. I know that in both scenarios, we have to meet physically. To this end, we've both agreed that she come to Nigeria next year to visit me.
Although, at the moment, we are considering the option of the fiancee visa which requires her to write to the USCIS office for a fiancee visa for me; hence her coming next year for a visit, to proof that we've met in person.
Please, I sincerely solicit the advice of everyone who know this stuff quite well to advice me. I'll be most grateful for your contributions.
Re: Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by Vicjustice: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2013
You have not yet met, and you're talking about a visa?
You said you love her, but it seems to me that you love the visa more: would you still love her if you failed to get the visa?
Anyway, your question is like asking which relationship is more official, girlfriend or wife.
Re: Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by girlfio: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
@KnightDaakins

In my experience fiancé visas are a lot more difficult to get, I think mainly because of the level of proof you need to provide in order to assure the embassy that you intend to marry, it can become quite subjective. My advise would be to continue with you fiancé visiting next year. Then you can start arranging your wedding, probably be easier if it takes place in Nigeria. I would advise that your wedding take place on a separate occasion, ie don't meet for the first time and get married on the same visit. No matter how honest, this will raise suspicion. Then gather all your documents and put in the necessary applications for a spouse visa. I believe this will put u in a stronger position. I'm from the UK, my husband is Nigerian, we got married in Nigeria and did all the paperwork from there, although we both met in the UK. It was a long process but it was worth it in the end. Hope everything works out well for you, God will continue to guide your footsteps to make the right decisions.

1 Like

Re: Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by untainted: 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
You come across as both arrogant and ignorant. The guy took time to explain the
situation and all you could do was call him a fraud?
What is wrong in finding love and moving to America. By the way, just a few (accomplished)
Nigerians can afford to marry Westerners and bring them to Nigeria. Haba!

Vicjustice: You have not yet met, and you're talking about a visa?
You said you love her, but it seems to me that you love the visa more: would you still love her if you failed to get the visa?
Anyway, your question is like asking which relationship is more official, girlfriend or wife.
Re: Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
untainted: You come across as both arrogant and ignorant. The guy took time to explain the
situation and all you could do was call him a fraud?
What is wrong in finding love and moving to America. By the way, just a few (accomplished)
Nigerians can afford to marry Westerners and bring them to Nigeria. Haba!

I think you misunderstood wht he is trying to say
Re: Fiancee Visa OR Spouse Visa - Which Of This Approach Is Better? by 4teelaw(f): 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
KnightDaakins: Hello Guys,

Both Visas are difficult to get! If you can, arrange for a B1/B2 visa (2 years visiting visa) it is much easier if you follow the right steps. Why don't you invite her over to Nigeria for a few days so that you can get to know each other and decide if you really want to get hooked. Some oyibos are psychos. if you watch Crime and Investigation Channel in DSTV you will rethink travelling to US.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To Study In Europe Or No.. Need An Urgent Answer!!! / Any Nairalander In ETH Zurich / 7 Tourist Attraction Akwa Ibom Has To Offer That You Do Not Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.