Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,443 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigerian Pastors Vs Poverty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Vs Poverty (563 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Vs Poverty by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 12, 2013
Some comments are better of being a head post than a comment. This is the case for this comment made by my friend Dominic Saviour on Facebook about the extend Nigerian Religious leaders are encouraging poverty and corruption in our great nation Nigeria.
If only all Nigerians will begin to think like him and have a rethink on the way they put God first in every they do rather than putting God side by side in their endeavors. A typical unemployed Nigerian refers to send the whole day in church praying and believing a pastor whom out of poverty decided to become a pastor. In my own opinion, i would say, every Nigerian pastor with no job today is a scam. The true pastors and men of God are those with job and would have survived even if they weren't a pastor.

What we see in Nigeria today are unemployed people who out of unemployment has ventured them self into what i call the pastor-hood business. Telling people what they want to hear rather than what Gods wants them to know is an act of scam. I cant imagine why a pastor will proclaim in the name of Jesus that his congregation will find a good job high paid with an oil company when the congregation doesn't have any qualification to earn that job.

My advice to all Nigerians is to do a background history check on his or her "Man of God" and see if he qualifies to be a true "Man of God" or just another "Nigerian Scammer" with No computer usage.

Here is the comment made by Dominic Saviore on Facebook this morning.I hope we will imbibe something from this comment.

"Nigeria a country with the highest religiously gullible persons in the whole universe, a place where a hardcore illiterate self appointed pastor will enslave a PhD holder and milk him dry. A place where the most poorest person will handle over 10 to 20% of his or her monthly income to a dead-conscience manipulator called man of God. A country where millions of freeborns willingly become economic and psychological slaves of Godless pastors and Imams. What you do expect from a country where God is expected to do the government's duties. God is expected to cure malaria, provide electricity for the masses, secure the masses, pave the roads and even protect a drunken driver overspending on the highway. Since jobs are sold to the highest bidder, getting a job after graduation becomes a supernatural miracle which must be celebrated with a church Thanksgivings service. Shame on us."

Just Keeping it Real
www.remotivating.com/

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Vs Poverty by nora544: 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
mrnestyy1985: Some comments are better of being a head post than a comment. This is the case for this comment made by my friend Dominic Saviour on Facebook about the extend Nigerian Religious leaders are encouraging poverty and corruption in our great nation Nigeria.
If only all Nigerians will begin to think like him and have a rethink on the way they put God first in every they do rather than putting God side by side in their endeavors. A typical unemployed Nigerian refers to send the whole day in church praying and believing a pastor whom out of poverty decided to become a pastor. In my own opinion, i would say, every Nigerian pastor with no job today is a scam. The true pastors and men of God are those with job and would have survived even if they weren't a pastor.

What we see in Nigeria today are unemployed people who out of unemployment has ventured them self into what i call the pastor-hood business. Telling people what they want to hear rather than what Gods wants them to know is an act of scam. I cant imagine why a pastor will proclaim in the name of Jesus that his congregation will find a good job high paid with an oil company when the congregation doesn't have any qualification to earn that job.

My advice to all Nigerians is to do a background history check on his or her "Man of God" and see if he qualifies to be a true "Man of God" or just another "Nigerian Scammer" with No computer usage.

Here is the comment made by Dominic Saviore on Facebook this morning.I hope we will imbibe something from this comment.

"Nigeria a country with the highest religiously gullible persons in the whole universe, a place where a hardcore illiterate self appointed pastor will enslave a PhD holder and milk him dry. A place where the most poorest person will handle over 10 to 20% of his or her monthly income to a dead-conscience manipulator called man of God. A country where millions of freeborns willingly become economic and psychological slaves of Godless pastors and Imams. What you do expect from a country where God is expected to do the government's duties. God is expected to cure malaria, provide electricity for the masses, secure the masses, pave the roads and even protect a drunken driver overspending on the highway. Since jobs are sold to the highest bidder, getting a job after graduation becomes a supernatural miracle which must be celebrated with a church Thanksgivings service. Shame on us."

Just Keeping it Real
www.remotivating.com/

That is a very good writing and tell the truth.

I have information that with this new churches in nigeria the corruption is rising because no Pastor will ask from where the money is he gets from his followers and all this now big churches are the same.

Shame of this scamming Pastors.

Nigeria would be much better when they didnot have this pastors.

(1) (Reply)

STRANGE! Please Read. / Things To Avoid During Ramadan [READ] / Live A Life That Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.