Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .. (901 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

.. by VLadipo: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: .. by mercy3103: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pure Rubbish!!!!
V.Ladipo:
n Judges 15:14-15, when Samson was brought to his enemies bound, the Holy Spirit came mightily upon him and he began to level them one after the other. But you may want to ask: What were the others looking at while their colleagues were being killed? It happened this way because when the supernatural of God is in action, the enemies will first be paralysed. This season, the Lord will paralyse all your enemies and they will begin to grope in darkness, and they will become easy preys for your sword in Jesus’ Name.

However, just as the positive supernatural is linked with the Holy Spirit, so also is the negative supernatural linked with the devil and his demons. In Acts 1:8 and Luke 24: 48-49, the Lord told the disciples not to go out to preach until they receive the power of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 19:11-12, God performed special miracles by the hand of Paul. You may wonder what facilitated this. To answer that, you may want to look at what he did more other brethren. Based on his testimony in 1 Corinthians 14:18, the manifestation of the supernatural in a special way in his life must have been facilitated by the fact that he spent more time praying in the Holy Spirit than all other brethren. This simply tells us that the way you relate to with the Holy Spirit in your closet will determine the outward or public results that will accompany you. If you spend time worshipping and praising Him, speaking in the language He freely gave to you and you live holy before Him, you will never be far from the miraculous. The Holy Spirit is the chairperson of the Body of Christ while Jesus is still the owner. If you want to be relevant, you must link up with the Spirit of Truth. Do you monitor your relationship with Him? Do you hear the voice of the spirit? When you do, do you obey promptly? Are there certain errands He sent you that you are yet to carry out? He is a very gentle Spirit. He must not be grieved often yet He is equally as patient as the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ contrary to what some people teach. However, He should not be taken for granted. How much of your time do you devote to developing your relationship with the Holy Spirit?

Memorise
I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
1 Corinthians 14:18

Read:
Luke 24: 48-49

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three weeks.

Culled for Open Heavens daily devotional for December 12, 2013 by Pastor E.A Adeboye
Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a devotional.
God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Between The Sudanese Apostate Woman And The Islamic Al-taqiyya / Random Quotes About The 72 Virgins Muslims Get / How Do You Define Your Atheism And What Do You Do With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.