Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Purgatory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purgatory (930 Views)

Is Purgatory In The Bible? / Please Is There Anything Like Purgatory? / Catholic Purgatory: An Absolute Insult To Jesus Christ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Purgatory by pilot70: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
‘PURGATORY’

Purgatory is explained as a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven.

I am aware of a school of thought in the Christian circle where it is said that the faith of a dead soul can be changed such that the dead can go to heaven instead of hell if the life style of the dead was not spent in righteousness. The practice is such that prayers are offered possibly by giving some form of offering to change the destiny of the dead. This idea is another deceit of the devil to make people lose heaven. The bible clearly stated that AFTER DEATH IS JUDGEMENT.

The book of Ecc 9:5-6 says ‘5.For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. 6. Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more shares in all that is done under the sun.

I repeat the verse said the dead has no more rewards on anything done under the earth. Whoever is praying or giving money to anybody, any religion or institution asking for prayers over the soul of dead ones to be moved from hell to heaven is wasting his/her time.

The bitter truth is that judgement has not commenced but the faith of the dead is already decided as there is no repentance in the grave. Whatever the bible does not say is a saying of the devil. The devil is using many people who claimed to be servant to God to teach and implant wrong doctrine into the spiritual life of believer. I stand to be corrected and challenged if anyone can show me just one verse in the people that say the dead can be prayed for and the destiny can be changed. If this practice was biblical, it would have been demonstrated when Lazarus died, when Saul (the king) died in sin, when Samson died in Philistine, when John the Baptist was beheaded, when Lot’s wife turned into pillar of salt, after Stephen was stoned to death etc. there are thousands of bible Patriarchs who would have been prayed for into to take them out of PURGATORY.

In my humble conclusion, brethren make bible your companion, read it, digest it and live it. God bless
Re: Purgatory by jayyungg(m): 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
pilot70: ‘PURGATORY’

Purgatory is explained as a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven.

I am aware of a school of thought in the Christian circle where it is said that the faith of a dead soul can be changed such that the dead can go to heaven instead of hell if the life style of the dead was not spent in righteousness. The practice is such that prayers are offered possibly by giving some form of offering to change the destiny of the dead. This idea is another deceit of the devil to make people lose heaven. The bible clearly stated that AFTER DEATH IS JUDGEMENT.

The book of Ecc 9:5-6 says ‘5.For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. 6. Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more shares in all that is done under the sun.

I repeat the verse said the dead has no more rewards on anything done under the earth. Whoever is praying or giving money to anybody, any religion or institution asking for prayers over the soul of dead ones to be moved from hell to heaven is wasting his/her time.

The bitter truth is that judgement has not commenced but the faith of the dead is already decided as there is no repentance in the grave. Whatever the bible does not say is a saying of the devil. The devil is using many people who claimed to be servant to God to teach and implant wrong doctrine into the spiritual life of believer. I stand to be corrected and challenged if anyone can show me just one verse in the people that say the dead can be prayed for and the destiny can be changed. If this practice was biblical, it would have been demonstrated when Lazarus died, when Saul (the king) died in sin, when Samson died in Philistine, when John the Baptist was beheaded, when Lot’s wife turned into pillar of salt, after Stephen was stoned to death etc. there are thousands of bible Patriarchs who would have been prayed for into to take them out of PURGATORY.

In my humble conclusion, brethren make bible your companion, read it, digest it and live it. God bless
Sheer truth. So on point.

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian TV Stations Shows Chris Okotie's Apokalupsis / The Current Misfortunes Of Our Men Of God In Nigeria / The Founder Of The Christ Embassy Chris Oyakhilome Has Been Removed As A Trustee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.