Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? (5115 Views)

List Of Cars Vulnerable To Remote Hackers / Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
I have a friend that had this bright idea that painting her car into a weird and bright color will make it less attractive to thieves.

She is thinking colors like bright pink... mustard... mermaid picture... fire brand... fuchsia pink... turquoise blue...

I told her it makes no difference, better get a tracker installed.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by ITbomb(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
It is not easy but i wont say it
What is the use of making your car or any other thing uncomfortable or unattractive to you just to warn off thieves.
If you like paint am mustard, put mermaid picture or Ekpo in front and behind, just you park it carelessly na Ikoku u go see parts of your car

1 Like

Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by boolet: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
probably.... 2nd to comment sha, close
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by skydeep(f): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
I will still steal it and repaint it grin
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Odward(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
Actually it makes it beautiful and attractive but also attractive to fishing tinz so d best option is to register it with an insurance company,put in a tracker and electronic alarm and shine ur eyes wella...in between first comment tanks giving tinx.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by nekaa(f): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
havent heard that theory before o
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Lucy360love(f): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
11 years Old Nigerian creates A Social Network.
This is the site
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by nwaobitex: 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
?
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by masquellett(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
Naa that time thieves go come steal am! Bad idea. :p
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Eyop: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
That's never going to work when we have very good painters both local or doing an oven baked work. Some armed robbers steal cars to re-sell while others steal cars to dismantle and sell parts. The only good idea to me is to buy a car that doesn't attract the thieves. Japanese cars in general has a very high risk to theft so it depends on what your friend is driving.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Alikaxon(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Temismith(f): 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Md I no know ooo.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by drdams: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Lilimax(f): 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Not true undecided.
Pray that you're not remembered by them.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by satowind(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Weather u repaint or put a tracker in ur car once the car is destined to be stolen it will happen. That can only be changed by pastor t b joshua special car deliverance...lwkmd pain to scare away thieves in her dreams.

Happy birthday to me.

Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by igahdavid(m): 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Tell her to track and put an anti-theft device system on her car
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by femi4: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Even for lag, dem dey thief car wey dey do overheating
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by venorite(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2013
So cars dey get destiny?.pls enlighten me...BTW happy birthday
satowind: Weather u repaint or put a tracker in ur car once the car is destined to be stolen it will happen. That can only be changed by pastor t b joshua special car deliverance...lwkmd pain to scare away thieves in her dreams.

Happy birthday to me.

1 Like

Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by yuzedo: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
[s]well is somehow truth. as the formal national chairman-general of national theif society lagos, we only use to theif white pant and black pant but nut yellow, grin, red pant, etc. so is the same for motor. but some poeple use to dye the pant after theif it. so may be some tiff repent the motor at spraypanter? this my humble comment. hope it help. tenk.[/s]smiley

Ok soooooo why no Rita Dummynick news on NL this days?! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Brimmie(m): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2013
yuzedo: well is somehow truth. as the formal national chairman-general of national theif society lagos, we only use to theif white pant and black pant but nut yellow, grin, red pant, etc. so is the same for motor. but some poeple use to dye the pant after theif it. so may be some tiff repent the motor at spraypanter? this my humble comment. hope it help. tenk.smiley

You posted this crap? undecided Not funny! sad

yuzedo: Ok soooooo why no Rita Dummynick news on NL this days?! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

You came back to edit and posted this!? undecided Still not funny! sad

Yuzedo wears your godammn sences of umore? Tenk! angry
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by iamdhebuck(m): 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
pink car...it even attracts attention
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by iamdhebuck(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
satowind: Weather u repaint or put a tracker in ur car once the car is destined to be stolen it will happen. That can only be changed by pastor t b joshua special car deliverance...lwkmd pain to scare away thieves in her dreams.

Happy birthday to me.
why do some ugly nikkas flood every thread with their pix
dude nobody cares bout your birthday or what you look like.stop embarassing yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
She is absolutely right... The colour variation of a car makes it more noticeable and that in turn makes it scary to steal cus a mermaid, turquoise or light pink car can easily catch passerby's attention and the car can be tracked if proper policing and investigation is carried out.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by kunmibola(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
One of Olusolami's ridiculous posts finally made front page...Hmmm... Anyways, Happy birthday to us!
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
skydeep: I will still steal it and repaint it grin

Ouch!! Shey!!! She no dey hear word...
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Darkaengel: She is absolutely right... The colour variation of a car makes it more noticeable and that in turn makes it scary to steal cus a mermaid, turquoise or light pink car can easily catch passerby's attention and the car can be tracked if proper policing and investigation is carried out.

Yeah... I thought so too kinda...if she is known with the car, will be quite odd for the car to be seen with someone else and easy to trace by the police cos of d unusual color.
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
femi4: Even for lag, dem dey thief car wey dey do overheating

grin grin
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
ITbomb: It is not easy but i wont say it
What is the use of making your car or any other thing uncomfortable or unattractive to you just to warn off thieves.
If you like paint am mustard, put mermaid picture or Ekpo in front and behind, just you park it carelessly na Ikoku u go see parts of your car

Nde mbuka tinz cheesy
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
omonla555: I am praying for coup d'etat in Nigeria within the next 17 days.

Its 6.55pm....time for ur medication tongue
Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by redcliff: 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2013

Happy birthday to me.
Stop this man, stop it!

1 Like

Re: Does Painting A Car Bright Makes It Less Vulnerable To Theft? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
redcliff:
Stop this man, stop it!

Ignore him pls. Freedom of speech things.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recent Prices Of Car Parts / Free Navigation Software / Inherited Car-lost Documents - Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.