Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets (52442 Views)

UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks / Etisalat Introduces New Data Plan / Glo New Data Plan For Smartphones And Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by chumakk: 8:33am On Dec 14, 2013
Batam: Glo internet speed in my area is very poor even at so called 3G, if they reduce the price to N100/Gig I won't subscribe.
not only in your area. They need to improve their service
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by benstar9043: 8:48am On Dec 14, 2013
kiss Them no try anytin, stop hyping dem.
Valto: u better go get a blackberry phone then.. Glo tried with this new plan.. Let other network review theirs too..
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Rexyl(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2013
OCTAVO:
If you are an android user, contact me 1gig for N1500 with a month validity. 6gig for 4k with 2months validity. 7c40d57f

Hope it is not what they allow today and before you know what is happening by tomorrow they would have blocked it.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Youngtekkey(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
I don't even kno w the network that I will use on my android again
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by OCTAVO: 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Rexyl:

Hope it is not what they allow today and before you know what is happening by tomorrow they would have blocked it.
Oga, this one no be cheat o.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Nobozora(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
ncpat: Still expensive, as for me i`m flexing with my ETISALAT N1,000 for 3GB
Nna dis etisalat level i wnt to knw am o, whats de code abeg?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by bluerange(f): 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
for their mind, it is a mind-blowing offer! airtel kenya gives me 100MB and 20 SMS to all network for 20 Kenya shillings (38 Naira) daily
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by ruffhandu: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
bluerange: for their mind, it is a mind-blowing offer! airtel kenya gives me 100MB and 20 SMS to all network for 20 Kenya shillings (38 Naira) daily

that's more like it. N38x30days=N1,140 n 100mbx30days=3GB.

but dats not better than etibaba which is N1,100 for 3GB for 30 days as at now.

Airtel gives 3.9GB for N2,500.

If they don't wake up, a major competition will come, perhaps companies like google, and sell unlimited data for 5k or less.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by luluosas(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Any sane Nigerian bashing GLO over this minor improvement on their HSI Internet platform is not sincere at all. Some of you are not even ashamed that you don't know the difference between HSI and BIS Internet subscription plans.
By the way, nobody have been able to answer me up till this minute what the likes of MTN, Airtel and Etisalat are offering you people on their HSI Internet platforms for N1,000 subscription right now.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
luluosas: Any sane Nigerian bashing GLO over this minor improvement on their HSI Internet platform is not sincere at all. Some of you are not even ashamed that you don't know the difference between HSI and BIS Internet subscription plans.
By the way, nobody have been able to answer me up till this minute what the likes of MTN, Airtel and Etisalat are offering you people on their HSI Internet platforms for N1,000 subscription right now.
3Gb tongue
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Bmahn: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Trendy247: phuck glo... My Airtel 6gb is still rocking ruggedly

Abeg hw u carry get 6gb?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Emperor11g: 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
To bad that Glo arnt my type
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Rexyl(m): 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
OCTAVO:

Could you inbox me how to go about it, Mr OCTAVO
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Rexyl(m): 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
fabulousfortune: 3Gb tongue

you mean 3gb for N1000 across all networks, pls how?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Innoxxacs: 7:43am On Dec 15, 2013
My Glo 20mb for 100 bux Is perfectly flying, at a very high speed , imagine 2.7mbps?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Innoxxacs: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2013
ruffhandu:

If they don't wake up, a major competition will come, perhaps companies like google, and sell unlimited data for 5k or less.
i heard that Glo bis works on andy? Any clue to do that? Cox it's perfectly flying in my area.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by luluosas(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2013
fabulousfortune: 3Gb tongue
You don't understand simple terms please. Thank you.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2013
Rexyl:

you mean 3gb for N1000 across all networks, pls how?
https://www.nairaland.com/1543561/etisalat-bis-now-rocking-non
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Nobozora(m): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2013
OCTAVO:
If you are an android user, contact me 1gig for N1500 with a month validity. 6gig for 4k with 2months validity. 7c40d57f
alrt boss on what line is dis and whats de activation code pls?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Nobozora(m): 1:25am On Dec 20, 2013
Innoxxacs: i heard that Glo bis works on andy? Any clue to do that? Cox it's perfectly flying in my area.
was working till dis yesterday mornin o. I only woke up to discover tht it has been stopped. Glo ehh
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by bluewles33: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2013
just com look to know whether u guys has nt gotten d glo bis cheat dat am usin.. i no wnt it get blocked ooooooo
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by benjichuks(m): 7:33am On Dec 20, 2013
Shey as etimumu Don stop new subscribers everybody Don chill... Mtcheeew una no know say all this networks their agents dey come nairaland?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by hadedayor10(m): 7:43am On Dec 20, 2013
bluewles33: just com look to know whether u guys has nt gotten d glo bis cheat dat am usin.. i no wnt it get blocked ooooooo
guy u may help by sending it here hadedayor10@gmail.com
thanks In advance
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by harmbhrosz(m): 1:34am On Dec 23, 2013
bluewles33: just com look to know whether u guys has nt gotten d glo bis cheat dat am usin.. i no wnt it get blocked ooooooo
bros...make we relate na
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Rexyl(m): 6:23am On Dec 23, 2013
OCTAVO:

could you inbox how the thing work and the price so that we can discuss more.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by tboy11(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2013
ruffhandu:

why are people like this.... why will u compare BIS sub to normal sub.....Etisalat normal sub goes for 1k- 260mb..all the one u mentioned above are BIS sub .......perhaps the Etisalat BIS sub on non-bb devices has been blocked for new subscribers
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by OCTAVO: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2013
Rexyl:

could you inbox how the thing work and the price so that we can discuss more.
7c40d57f
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by OCTAVO: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2013
If you need affordable Glo data, Holla me 7c40d57f. Glo is blazing faster than the speed of light. Get as much as 1gig for N1500.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by luluosas(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Waka with your cheat enter go corner jor. We want legal things here okay.
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by enigmatique(m): 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
luluosas:
Waka with your cheat enter go corner jor. We want legal things here okay.
Hi Mr Luluosas. You were talking about the difference between HSI and BIS data plans. Can you please expatiate?
Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by luluosas(m): 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
enigmatique: Hi Mr Luluosas. You were talking about the difference between HSI and BIS data plans. Can you please expatiate?
HSI is referred to High Speed Internet service. It is the service that iOS, Android, Windows, Symbian and Java OS phones and devices are using. It is very expensive to maintain as Internet service subscriber due to the fact that neither Google, Apple nor Microsoft, owners of the Operating Systems have any dedicated service to run their services. Therefore, in order for the various network providers to offer Internet services on these platforms, they have to route the service via their own network to their various international telecommunications and data service carriers, which in turn fall back on you the subscriber to pay for the operations hence, a higher billing regime against a miserable data volumes which is obtainable across all telecoms service providers in Nigeria today on the HSI Internet platform.

BIS on the other hand stands for Blackberry Internet Service. It is an Operating System OS owned by the now ailing Blackberry, known formerly as Research in Motion RIM. This is the only OS across the world that have dedicated servers and equipment designed for the services of the OS. It offers a data compression services to network operators using/offering the service through dedicated products known as Blackberry phones and playbook. Therefore, the fact that this service has it own dedicated servers make the various network service providers to offer only offer the service but route all its traffic via the dedicated servers which automatically will now greatly compress the data volume to the end user (individual subscriber) without altering the quality and other features. Ultimately, this compression services offered by Blackberry now result in cheaper subscription amount and higher data volume allocation to the end user.
From my own layman perspective, this is the reason you see other OS users especially Android users, crying black and white against Blackberry's users on the discrepancies between the two OS by our telecoms operators, without them first considering why the difference in the first place. This is how much I can say. Thank you.

N. B. I am a pure novice on the workability of the various operating systems I outlined here. Please, be welcome to put this post in better perspective should you be a don in the telecommunications sector so that I don't mislead anybody with totally wrong information. Thank you.

Re: Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets by Rexyl(m): 9:36am On Dec 26, 2013
luluosas:
HSI is referred to High Speed Internet service. It is the service that iOS, Android, Windows, Symbian and Java OS phones and devices are using. It is very expensive to maintain as Internet service subscriber due to the fact that neither Google, Apple nor Microsoft, owners of the Operating Systems have any dedicated service to run their services. Therefore, in order for the various network providers to offer Internet services on these platforms, they have to route the service via their own network to their various international telecommunications and data service carriers, which in turn fall back on you the subscriber to pay for the operations hence, a higher billing regime against a miserable data volumes which is obtainable across all telecoms service providers in Nigeria today on the HSI Internet platform.

BIS on the other hand stands for Blackberry Internet Service. It is an Operating System OS owned by the now ailing Blackberry, known formerly as Research in Motion RIM. This is the only OS across the world that have dedicated servers and equipment designed for the services of the OS. It offers a data compression services to network operators using/offering the service through dedicated products known as Blackberry phones and playbook. Therefore, the fact that this service has it own dedicated servers make the various network service providers to offer only offer the service but route all its traffic via the dedicated servers which automatically will now greatly compress the data volume to the end user (individual subscriber) without altering the quality and other features. Ultimately, this compression services offered by Blackberry now result in cheaper subscription amount and higher data volume allocation to the end user.
From my own layman perspective, this is the reason you see other OS users especially Android users, crying black and white against Blackberry's users on the discrepancies between the two OS by our telecoms operators, without them first considering why the difference in the first place. This is how much I can say. Thank you.

N. B. I am a pure novice on the workability of the various operating systems I outlined here. Please, be welcome to put this post in better perspective should you be a don in the telecommunications sector so that I don't mislead anybody with totally wrong information. Thank you.

this means BIS has been able compress data at ratio 10:1 against HSI and that‘ s what make subscribers pay N1000 for a data bundle instead of N100. But I think it should be possible forthe ISPs to compress data coming through their servers so that subscribers can be provided with internets service at a very reduced and affordable cost. If Bis is assumed to have compressed data thru it by 100%, each ISP should also device a means to compress its data by at least 50%.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Econet And Mtn Which One First Enter Nigeria ? / MTN4G: Cow Painted MTN Colour (Photo) / Be A Responsible Data User, Avoid Cheats And Tweaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.