Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word (12106 Views)

How Can I Type Igbo Alphabet? / The Apple Ipad Mini Is Being Unveiled As I Type / Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word by Tmonex: 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hi guys, I was working on a linguistics project that requires typing the yoruba and ogori language with their intonations[amin]...

Is it Possible?...i did nt get much from google
Re: How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word by Tolzeal(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2013
Tmonex: Hi guys, I was working on a linguistics project that requires typing the yoruba and ogori language with their intonations[amin]...

am not sure if this might work just try give a hit

why don't u type and translate with Google
Re: How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word by sunnedee: 6:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Tolzeal:

am not sure if this might work just try give a hit

why don't u type and translate with Google
You tried but Google translate doesn't put "amin"
Re: How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word by Adeboyefa(f): 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's where some smartphones beat computers.

There is a way out for you. Most QWERTY phones have a Sym key on their keyboards. To type with tonal marks , press and hold the Sym key with one finger while using the other finger to press the letter of the alphabet until you get the right tonal mark on the letter of the alphabet. Ṣó ti yé ọ? (Do you understand?).

Type your project into your email box with your phone as several drafts. If your phone doesn't have Microsoft Word, use a laptop or café computer to sign in to your email box, copy those drafts with CTRL+A, paste them into a Microsoft Word document and then save the document. You can upload the MS document as an email attachment for safe storage in case your Flash drive misbehaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word by Selaog(m): 2:06am On Dec 03, 2014
There are software out there for dat purpose. Sometimes it comes with keyboard. You can contact Africa languages technology initiatives (ALT-I) in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Type In Yoruba With Ms Word by Wizapersona: 12:15am On Feb 26, 2017
Tmonex:
Hi guys, I was working on a linguistics project that requires typing the yoruba and ogori language with their intonations[amin]...

It's a pity this is coming years after but I hope it can help someone who finds themselves in your situation anytime in the future.

The website yorubaintonation.somee.com exists to make the process of adding intonation to your Yoruba text very easy. The advantage of using the tone marking tool over the more commonplace typing with special Yoruba keyboard approach is that your writing and thinking process is not hindered by the tone marking process which can be pretty mentally tasking. Also, you can add tone marks to your Yoruba from any device, be it phone or laptop; as long as you have a device that can access the internet through a web browser. No installations required.

Just type your text in regular keyboard characters when you're feeling creative and do the intonation in bulk using the Yoruba tone marking tool at http://yorubaintonation.somee.com

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

USA Used HP Probook X360 11 G2 / Short Cut Virus On My External Hard Drive / Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.