Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF (8990 Views)

How To Convert Document To PDF / Ms Word Magic Trick / Free PDF To WORD or WORD to PDF or Jpeg To Pdf Converter For N/landers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by OluAbuja(m): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2005
Friends, it is very easy to convert your files to PDF. Just 2 minutes.

Do you have a book or article you have written and want to convert to PDF?

Do you have project work that must be converted to PDF?

Below are some of the convertions you can make within 2minutes.

How to create PDF from Microsoft Word / How to convert DOC to PDF ?

How to create PDF from Microsoft Excel / How to convert XLS to PDF ?

How to output PowerPoint to PDF / How to convert PPT to PDF ?

How to create PDF from AutoCAD / How to convert AutoCAD drawings to PDF ?

How to print Email to PDF ?

How to save web pages to PDF ?

How to convert JPEG to PDF ?

How to convert TIFF to PDF ?

How to convert BMP to PDF ?

How to convert GIF to PDF ?

How to convert RTF to PDF ?

How to convert TXT to PDF ?

How to convert MDB to PDF / How to output Microsoft Access database to PDF ?

How to convert Visio document to PDF / How to print Visio document to PDF ?

How to convert PS (Post Script) to PDF ?

Go to http://www.go2pdf.com

Enjoy yourself

Olu In Abuja
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by rufaai(m): 12:41am On Oct 29, 2005
WOW! Thats great...

But why everything to PDF? why not PDF to .DOC, .RTF or .TXT Anyway, I've a software that converts PDF to Word... I cant say where I got it from, because its been long that I got it...

The name is PDF2Word v1.6 i've the setup on my PC if you need it...
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Seun(m): 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2005
Why convert MS office documents to PDF? Because PDF is a presentation format! You type with Word and you publish in PDF format for people to read and download.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Hunter(m): 11:13am On Nov 03, 2005
I actually own all the adobe products (except video ones) so I have Adobe Acrobat professional which lets you make PDF's of whatever you want through the use of a virtual printer cheesy
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by charlisco(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2005
A million thanks to you Olu Abuja, i dreamt of download a software some day, that will enable me to convert Document file (Doc) to PDF format, i knew CorelDraw and Adob Photoshop can do it, but i am looking for something that is special and rare. Keep posting such a site.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by jogego(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2005
Use Openoffice.org. It converts any document into .pdf format.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by goodguy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2005
You can also convert you files to PDF by registering an account here or here
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by axeprince(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2005
Download PDF935 and it;s driver, it is Free to download.

Sorry, I am too lazy to give you the link, but if my head clear, I will post it

All the best.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Saintjoe(m): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2005
The only thing i hate about PDF is that some can't edit with it. It is read only.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by brightk(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2005
Hey fellas,

u can convert your pdf files to html with one click. I would also want any of u to help with a program or possibly give the URL of the site that can convert pdf files from one language to the other e.g from any foreign language to english. I could have attached the file (pdf2html) but its more than the stipulated size and i have forgotten the URL of where i got it from.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by legovo(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2005
Friends, IT'S REAL
it is very easy to convert your files to PDF
tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by sbucareer(f): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2006

If you are still wondering any other ways to convert pdf to word or vice versa then try my little program.  It can convert any document to any format.

I have written this in java.  If you don't understand java or don't know how to run java let me know I will write again to show the necessary tools and method to use.

Below is a java file that will convert any document to any format

/*
* Main.java
* Created on 05 January 2006, 20:29
* To change this template, choose Tools | Template Manager
* and open the template in the editor.
*/
//package converter;

import java.io.*;

/**
* @author Valentine Obih
*/
public class Main {
        /**
     * @param args the command line arguments
     */
    public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception{

FileInputStream fi;
    InputStreamReader ir;
    BufferedReader br;

FileOutputStream fo;
    OutputStreamWriter ow;
    BufferedWriter bw;

String temp;
    String in = args[0];
    String out = args[1];

fi  = new FileInputStream(in);
    ir = new InputStreamReader(fi);
    br = new BufferedReader (ir);

fo     = new FileOutputStream ( out );
    ow     = new OutputStreamWriter ( fo );
    bw     = new BufferedWriter ( ow );

if ( args.length < 1 ){
                        System.out.println("Requires a filename with extension"wink;
        }if (args.length == 1 ){
                System.out.println("Requires two filenames with extension"wink;
        }else{

try{
               while ((temp = br.readLine()) != null ) {
                   bw.write(temp);
                   }
                   br.close();
                   bw.close();
               }catch(Throwable e ){
                   e.getMessage();
        }
        }
    }

}

You can write a GUI using AWT from java or useC++/MFC, LaTex or VB can convert the algorithm to any specific language. and you will have you very own desktop apps for converting documents.  I hope it helps

Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Chxta(m): 7:27am On Jan 07, 2006
:yawn: OpenOffice!
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Saintjoe(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2006
Confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Seun(m): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2006
sbucareer, your program is equivalent to the command line copy command. Is this a joke or are yo deliberately misinforming people? But why? cry
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 26, 2006
I was just thinking the very same thing. i thot there'd be a reference to some sort of PDF class or sumn else,
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by sbucareer(f): 8:33am On Mar 27, 2006

Sorry I have not been in the forum for like four days now. I was very busy over the weekend. Anyway, Seun what do you mean that it looks like directory file copy? I am dealing with binary manipulations, converting the binary bits of pdf to a supplied argument at the command promot by the use of special Java API for manipulating binary bits. See Java API for Stream Buffer classes

Have you test the program to see if it work at all before postulating? I have actually written lots of these small task-management tool for my organization. If you have compiled it and run it by supplying two arguments at the commandLine, the first argument is the source file the second file is the destination file, i.e.

c:\>java Main source.pdf destination.doc

Run the argument at the commandLine and open up destination.doc and see if the content of source.pdf is not cascaded. Remember, you must have the source file in the same directory as the Main.java to achieve this. 

You can modify the class by using directory API to achieve running the file in any directory by supplying the UNC naming convention to the source file. I'd done that but since the thank you I get is that my program is a commandLine copy I will leave you to do the rest.

Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by gideonel(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2006
Converting from either .doc or .exl to .pdf
looks as if its free, but there on the site, i saw BUY ONLINE!! lol
u think anything is free?
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by gideonel(m): 8:35pm On May 02, 2006
Converting from either .doc or .exl to .pdf
looks as if its free, but there on the site, i saw BUY ONLINE!! lol
u think anything is free?
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Saintjoe(m): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2006
@gideonel you can get it free here www.pdfonline.com

Surf through the webs carefully you will get it free.

Try it out!
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2006
guy am a linux user and i use open office to convert html and the rest to pdf.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by lordimpaq(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2006
congratulations then,
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by webemerald(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2007
Rufaai pls send me d set up 4 pdf2 doc . Yinkaogunkoya@yahoo.com
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Seun(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2007
I use Cutepdf. It is free and works like a charm. Just print the document to their driver.
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by D1one: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2008
please Rufaai

I also need PDF2Word v1.6 i've the setup

send pls to talk2nd@gmail.com

I'm Xpecting it o
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by jamithj: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2008
Hi

I tried with the main class but the output file created seems to be corrupted.

i.e. Tried to convert doc to pdf. When the out pdf is opened in pdf it says "not supported file type or because the file has been damaged"

Any idea

Thanks
Jamith
Re: Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF by Booty4me: 10:26am On Jul 24, 2012
Plz Gurus in d haux. How can i convert a passworded pdf into msword..? Thankz

(1) (Reply)

Naijaloaded's Azeez Makinde Is A Scammer!!! / Why Do People Like Apple Computers? / How To Make Computer Welcome You With A Voice Message On Startup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.