Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

If September 11 Happened In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If September 11 Happened In Nigeria (1671 Views)

Eye Witness Of What Happened In Camp Between Oliseh And Enyeama / Pdp Primaries Begin September 11 ! / Loose Change: Documentary About September 11 2001 Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Huw(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2008
what would have happen if septenber 11 was in naija? embarassed
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by abdurrazaq(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2008
What happened when January 27th was in Nigeria?
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
With this kind of question, one begins to believe that most Nigerians has willingly decided to be stupid.

The poster probably have not given a thought to some thought provoking inhuman events that usually take place in his own backyard and was proudly committed by the government and some blind tribalistic patriotic Nigerians.

Biafra, Odi, ikeja cantonment, Niger delta and the usual massacre of Igbos by Nigeria from time to time are just a few to mention.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Huw(m): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2008
With this kind of question, one begins to believe that most Nigerians has willingly decided to be stupid.

The poster probably have not given a thought to some thought provoking inhuman events that usually take place in his own backyard and was proudly committed by the government and some blind tribalistic patriotic Nigerians.

Biafra, Odi, ikeja cantonment, Niger delta and the usual massacre of Igbos by Nigeria from time to time are just a few to mention.[color=#006600]

BUT I MUST TELL YOU THAT THESE INHUMAN EVENTS THAT HAPPENS IN YOUR BACKYARD ARE NOTHING TO BE COMPARED WE WITH WAT HAPPEN SEPTEMBER 11. OR MAY BE ITS SOME NIGERIANS THAT ARE LOOSING THERE SENSE OF REASONING, WHEN A QUESTION IS BEEN ASKE IF YOU DONT HAVE AN ANSWER SIMPLY KEEP QUIET. tongue
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by beninman(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2008
what would have happen if September 11 was in naija?

No one would have to what really take place ever because no body will even care to investigate to start with. Our leaders will only say they have giving some trillions of Naira for the investigation and the investigation is going on!! That will be all we Nigerians will ever hear of it. We will loose thousands of people and Trillions of Naira and we will never know the out come and we can not even tell if it was the work of a terrorist or what!

Did you know when you will see Nigeria finish? Just watch what will come out of that police officer body found at that so call Oba's house. They are investigating now, right? Lets see what the police or the court will come up with later. After all the millions they have taking for the investigation and still there will be no conclusive report of what happen to that Police how he was murdered. The result will later become he committed suicide.

I see this country finish my people! No one de do their job! Take money eat and eatam only them know. Them not go fit do their job wey we want them to do.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2008
Huw:

BUT I MUST TELL YOU THAT THESE INHUMAN EVENTS THAT HAPPENS IN YOUR BACKYARD ARE NOTHING TO BE COMPARED WE WITH WAT HAPPEN SEPTEMBER 11. OR MAY BE ITS SOME NIGERIANS THAT ARE LOOSING THERE SENSE OF REASONING, WHEN A QUESTION IS BEEN ASKE IF YOU DONT HAVE AN ANSWER SIMPLY KEEP QUIET. tongue

I disagree. What makes 9/11 worse? let me guess? it is worse cause 1) It happened in America, 2) On Live tV. Worse than what happened on 9/11 happens in Africa most every year. We have multitudes more people massacred for one ridiculous cause or another in that continent and what do we do? We brush it to the side as soon as the heat has died down. Just cause we seem more accepting of these sort of things happening within our shores does not necessarily mean 9/11 was worse. 9/11 was nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands who have so far been massacred in brutal ways in Africa in the last decade alone.

Thousands die in Nigeria alone because the government continues to treat it's own people worse than it would dogs; Children still die of diseases that they should not die of to date. I say when it comes to death toll, we continue to have worse in Nigeria each year but not many seem to understand this problem is a real one.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Gonorrhea(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2008
I would be alive and my enemies would be dead!

nuzo:

Biafra, Odi, ikeja cantonment, Niger delta and the usual massacre of Igbos by Nigeria from time to time are just a few to mention.

grin
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2008
lmao
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
Arent worse things happening in 9ja anyway
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2008
i wonder oh!

september 11 wey don pass tey tey

no be america wey cause am for hin sef
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by sleekymag(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2008
Worse things happen in Nigeria and African nations, agreed. But if the exact 9/11 scenario happened in Nigeria with terrorists using planes to blow up two highrise buildings in VI (WTC) and say Ship House, Defence Headquarters (Pentagon), what would happen? What would become of the fate of Nigerians? What becomes of our national security?
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2008
the bombings for the delta sef don cause enough wahala sef
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2008
God lives at the Redeemed Camp on the Lagos- Ibadan Expressway, and He will not permit any terrorist strikes against Nigeria, the Promised Land.

Even if God happens to be on an Alpine skiing vacation when Bin Laden shows up, the bearded one will be detected and neutralized by Nigeria's formidable Early Warning and Air Defence System, which is manned around the clock by dedicated teams of juju witch doctors and genital snatchers.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2008
Jakumo:

God lives at the Redeemed Camp on the Lagos- Ibadan Expressway, and He will not permit any terrorist strikes against Nigeria, the Promised Land.

Even if God happens to be on an Alpine skiing vacation when Bin Laden shows up, the bearded one will be detected and neutralized by Nigeria's formidable  Early Warning and Air Defence System, which is manned around the clock by dedicated teams of juju witch doctors and genital snatchers.
embarassed embarassed
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2008
sleekymag:

Worse things happen in Nigeria and African nations, agreed. But if the exact 9/11 scenario happened in Nigeria with terrorists using planes to blow up two highrise buildings in VI (WTC) and say Ship House, Defence Headquarters (Pentagon), what would happen? What would become of the fate of Nigerians? What becomes of our national security?

what National Security? Your millitary men sent out to fight in the Niger Delta are reported to be running for their own lives. The People live in fear of the Nigerian police. In Some areas, the people believe the robbers that visit their homes at night are the same policemen that show up during the day to harrass them and demand bribe. If such an attack happens on our soil, I at least hope it serves to wake us all up to our true reality since nothing else seems to have.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by sleekymag(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
Quote from: sleekymag on Today at 02:22:40 PM

what National Security? Your millitary men sent out to fight in the Niger Delta are reported to be running for their own lives. The People live in fear of the Nigerian police. In Some areas, the people believe the robbers that visit their homes at night are the same policemen that show up during the day to harrass them and demand bribe. If such an attack happens on our soil, I at least hope it serves to wake us all up to our true reality since nothing else seems to have.

God forbid something like September 11 happened in Nigeria cos it would be really catastrophic. The after effects would even be worse, abeg may we never see such o!
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2008
sleekymag:

God forbid something like September 11 happened in Nigeria because it would be really catastrophic. The after effects would even be worse, abeg may we never see such o!

First Question. Which God are you speaking of? The Bible God that allowed even worse to befall his own so as to open their eyes to their own evil ways? I am not in any way saying that God will want this for Nigeria but if Nigeria decides to continue in the track it has to date, why call on God now or in this case? We sit everyday killing each other and robbing the innocent of their right to life, but we somehow bring God into the mix when we are unable to handle some other level of evil? We have had Rwanda, Darfur, Liberia, Congo, South Africa, the list goes on. Yet, We have seen no reason to want to end the stupidity and actually stand up to fight for the right of every human and Nigerian out there. Are you really sure the catastrophe you imagine will result should such happen is worse than what we have already seen and continue to see happen around us to date?
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
To answer your question, KJ, God is way too busy counting the profits with Pastor Eunuch at Redeemed Camp to bother himself trying to stop people hacking each other to death in Darfur and Rwanda.

Why would God stop genocide ? What is in it for Him ? If anything a few pogroms here and there would probably come as a relief to The Almighty since the number of sheep He needs to tend would get smaller and more manageable with each shot fired and with each machete cut inflicted.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Gonorrhea(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2008
Nigeria don suffer enough! grin
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2008
Gonorrhea:

Nigeria don suffer enough! grin

BULL CRAP!!! Nigeria has been suffering at the hand of it's own for decades, and it is apparent that Nigeria has not suffered enough. If that was the case, you and I would not have to keep trying to inject such statements in every other statement. It would be clear for all to see.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by ogb5(m): 5:20am On Aug 02, 2008
malaria kills 10,000 daily in Africa, yet no one cares, so whats the big deal with killing 3,000 once in a lifetime.

9/11 is noting in Nigerian or Africa terms, how many fifle (people) we dey butcher 4 north yearly in d name of riot. hundreds of thousands of blacks dey die for darfur we nor even notice, talk less of 3,000.

don't worry, if 9/11 happen for Nigeria, we go set up panel of enquiry,
make one bin laden apologist the panel chairman,
load the panel with Niger delta money
and come out with a lenghty report say na pilot errors cause the crash

then lock the report in a drawer case closed
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 02, 2008
Jakumo:

To answer your question, KJ, God is way too busy counting the profits with Pastor Eunuch at Redeemed Camp to bother himself trying to stop people hacking each other to death in Darfur and Rwanda.

Why would God stop genocide ? What is in it for Him ? If anything a few pogroms here and there would probably come as a relief to The Almighty since the number of sheep He needs to tend would get smaller and more manageable with each shot fired and with each machete cut inflicted.
yea, let's act like we understand that grin

@post
Why would you even think of such?
What kind of "graduates" is Nigeria raising this days?
And don't tell me I just flattered you by calling you a graduate.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by beninman(m): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2008
The question remain what would have happen if 9/11 was to be in Nigeria?

I will repeat by saying, not even a radio or TV station will repeat the news after the day it happens! Only few people will know such thing ever happen in Nigeria. And it will be a big opportunity for our leaders to swallow our money. They will say they want to use US$23 billion to investigate what happens and that will be all we Nigerians will ever hear.

America will not care, UK will not care, Arab nations will not care. No one will ever care to know what happen to Nigeria in life. The people that will die will just die and go. That will have be it for Nigeria.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2008
Let us just pray that such will never happen in niegria, cos that will be a real disaster.
Nigeria dont have proper rescue team
Fire brigades in nigeria is non functional.
Water is not there to take ot teh fire.
Police will run away
Military cant speak correct english, so they wont even be able to understand each other.
President will tell every on to shut up cos he wanna talk
Mothers will die with thir kids, cos they are always tied to their back
Father will die in the bed of another woman, cos he is busy getting games.
And ripple effect will make sure that half of whichever state that happens die.

So i beg, let us pray doesnt happen, cos we dont have what it takes, and we are to far for western nations to reach.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Nigeria17: 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2008
Sept 11 , is childplay in Nigeria. all the attack in the north many years ago is like sept 11.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

Sept 11 , is childplay in Nigeria. all the attack in the north many years ago is like sept 11.

I will pretend you never said what you just did, cos you will need to talk to the family of those that were on the plane for their regular daily stuff and all of a sudden hijacked and turned to weapon to till thousands of people for a reason best knwn to bush and his cohorts, how cld someone just comapre september 11 to the fighting of north on the christains, my person, pls dont even think abt it.
In a nation where all works, that kinda wahala in the north cld have been prevented, with some real police men, they are preventable, but a nation where the police has no gas in ther vehicles and are allocated some number of bullets, how can they fight.
Northerners fights with swords, so tell me the comparison.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2008
If only we kapt the date for every disaster/terrorist attack that happens in Nigeria, everyday would be a sept. 11.

We would start with Biafra,
The Ikeja Bombing
Then Sosoliso
Then Chachangi
Then ADC
Then the Military planes
what about the Military bus
Of the tanker fire disaster
Or the MOSSOP/Ogoni people massacre
Shish did I forget the Jos riots
Or the collapsing building all over the country
I almost forgot the Odi massacre

Can I stop now and wait for you to attach a date to all these events before I continue??

It would be like this

Jan 22
Aug 10
Feb. 16
Dec. 25
July 11
May 31
E.t.c 11111
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2008
All these are stuff that happened, either to people's foolishness, or the nonesensical of the nation.
But september 11 was a day like every other day and pple were used as weapon to kill other people, my guy it is event like none other yet.
Ikeja contonment wld have been close, but some of the wahala was due to the stupidity of our leaders, how dare they keep such stuff in the midst of humans.
Plane crashes daily but not hijacked, to start with we dont have such building in nija that could be compared, where pple will have to be jumping from 100 floors all cos they thot they cld escape.
No comparison.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2008
Fhemmmy:

[b]All these are stuff that happened, either to people's foolishness, or the nonesensical of the nation.[/b]But september 11 was a day like every other day and people were used as weapon to kill other people, my guy it is event like none other yet.
Ikeja contonment would have been close, but some of the wahala was due to the stupidity of our leaders, how dare they keep such stuff in the midst of humans.
Plane crashes daily but not hijacked, to start with we don't have such building in nija that could be compared, [b]where people will have to be jumping from 100 floors all because they thot they cld escape.[/b]No comparison.

Dude please stop with the 100 stories and all that other sentimantal crap.
9/11 happened also as a result of americas foolishness to secure their airports. How bout that
Oh and we may not have 100 story buildings, but yet people died in the canal in lagos trying to escape the bombs. So using scale as in America to Naija, Ikeja bombing is our 9/11.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2008
I think yu just wanna give some credit to nija that they dont deserve.
If such cld happen in USa as a result of them not securing their airport, then, tell me what nigeria has? at least USA still protect their airport more than we can possibly do.
For your info, there are still security in US airport compared to the hole we have in nigeria, so pls, dont let us even compare.
If you say, USA made a mistake cos of their foreign policy, u cld have a point, but tellng me, it is cos they are not well secured, then, u are more misinformed that a lil kndergaten.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by rubi(f): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2008
This thread reminds me of that fateful day.
Re: If September 11 Happened In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2008
Fhemmmy:

I think yu just want to give some credit to nija that they don't deserve.
If such cld happen in USa as a result of them not securing their airport, then, tell me what nigeria has? at least USA still protect their airport more than we can possibly do.
For your info, there are still security in US airport compared to the hole we have in nigeria, so please, don't let us even compare.
If you say, USA made a mistake because of their foreign policy, u cld have a point, but tellng me, it is because they are not well secured, then, u are more misinformed that a little kndergaten.

Credit or debit, The truth is that the security at the airport of a country prone to such hijackings were very weak.
according to info. 3 abi 4 planes were hijacked. If that isnt lapse security then I wonder.
Their foreign policy won them enemies, weak homeland security allowed for 9/11.

Who wants to hijack a plane full of Nigerians??  

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News !: President Of Guinea Bissau Assassinated / Joseph Kabila Turns Nollywood Addict As Nigerian Films Take The Congo By Storm! / The Shocking Story Of Houdegbe Ritualists. Caught With Possession Of A Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.