Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Eaglets Are Highly Impressive In CHAN Camp - Numa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eaglets Are Highly Impressive In CHAN Camp - Numa (621 Views)

All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eaglets Are Highly Impressive In CHAN Camp - Numa by joseph1013: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria junior international, Binebi Numa, has said he is impressed by the performances of the Golden Eaglets trio of Dele Alampasu, Kelechi Iheanacho and Taiwo Awoniyi in the Super Eagles squad preparing for the Africa Nations Championship (Chan).

There had been mixed reactions to the invitation of the three Eaglets, but Numa reckons the lads have proved themselves so far.

He is backing them to make Stephen Keshi's final squad if they can maintain the form they have displayed in the early days of camping.

"I have watched them in training twice and I'm really impressed with what I've seen," Numa told supersport.com.

"It is hard to believe these are players from academies competing with established players from the top flight of Nigerian football.

"Not only are they talented, they have shown a lot of tactical awareness and composure.

"Should they be able to maintain this form, I wouldn't be surprised if they all make it to the Chan."

In the past, junior players have been invited to train with the senior team ahead of major tournaments mainly to garner experience.

Back in 1994, Clemens Westerhof gave junior internationals, Karibe Ojigwe and Nwankwo Kanu, as well as Flying Eagles defender, Taribo West their senior debuts against Sweden in a pre-World Cup friendly. Berti Vogts also blooded Lukman Haruna, Kingsley Udoh and Olufemi Oladapo in a friendly against Sudan before the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations. The aforementioned players all failed to make the final squads in both cases, but Numa believes Alampasu, Iheanacho and Awoniyi could compete favourably with the players in camp to make the Chan squad.

"I feel the intention was to give them some exposure with a view to the future, but they appear to be on the same level with the others," Numa observed.

"If they are even proving to be better, the coaches could change their position and carry them along.

"That means they are up to the task and deserve to be in the team."

Source:ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/131213/Numa_drools_over_Eaglets_trio
Re: Eaglets Are Highly Impressive In CHAN Camp - Numa by EzePromoe: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2013
It shows that we're good to go
Re: Eaglets Are Highly Impressive In CHAN Camp - Numa by joseph1013: 3:00am On Dec 14, 2013
And some people said they're too small and will not add anything special to the team. Smh at the way some people think. We think too low of ourselves. Sincerely, If the entire u-17 goes to CHAN, they'll be on the honour's row. We really underrate how special that group of players is.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo – The Goal King Of 2013 / One Negligible Truth About Football / How World Cup Money Is Shared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.