Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George (15892 Views)

Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case / Court Quashes Decision Of Ikoyi Club 1938 To Expel Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by gratiaeo(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
pro01: Some of you are hopelessly daft. Can you establish that the president influenced the SUPREME COURT judgment? If not, then why drag his name into the matter?

At least we had proof that the disgraced Justhief Salami, former President of the Appeal Court, was influenced by Tinubu to facilitate favourable rulings for ACN in Osun and Ekiti (thanks to MTN call logs). Is there any evidence that Goodluck Jonathan was in touch with the Supreme Court justices prior to this judgment?
The supposed progressive
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by naptu2: 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

This is the season of quashing and clearing.

The report did not mention the quashing of Alamieyeseigha's conviction. Never in the annals of Nigeria's democracy have more convictions been quashed and individuals cleared than now.

More and more convictions are being quashed and cleared under the corruption-friendly administration of the Chief Quasher himself, Conviction Clearer Quashluck JonaClear.

Nigeria is on the brink of being quashed and cleared!

grin It seems it's quashing season https://www.nairaland.com/1554313/abuja-federal-court-quashes-el#20195983
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by yorke1: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
Good development. He who doesn't believe in forgiveness of sin should be the person to cast the very first stone. The judiciary has done well. Bode George your sin are forgiven, go and sin no more.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by olufisayoakin: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
All of them are corrupt
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Those were some of the cases that were taken to court in the midst of the MEDIA DRAMA and PLAYING TO THE GALLERY that went into the 'war' against corruption during OBJ and Yar Adua era. As expected, Nigerians, being DRAMA loving people, cheered on while the DRAMA lasted. However, after the DRAMA and PLAYING TO THE GALLERY, many of those cases could not stand judicial scrutiny.

As for the case of Bode George, the Nigerian people have LOST again. The time, energy and resources that went into prosecuting him are all LOST. He may even sue the state for damages and may end up with billions or millions awarded to him in compensation. And all those shenanigans happened in the name of 'fighting' corruption?

Likewise, in the midst of DRAMA and media fanfare, the OBJ govt slammed charges of corruption against former senate president, Adolphus Wabara; former education minister, Prof. Fabian Osuji and former health minister, Nike Grange.

However, after much DRAMA and dancing in the media the Appeal Court made the following statements while freeing the duo of Adolphus Wabara and Prof. Fabian Osuji of allegations of corruption:

"the charge was BOGUS and failed to establish a prima facie case against the accused persons.... the prosecution failed to attach the list of witnesses and other relevant documents to the charge as required by law....the criminal charge was FRIVOLUS, BASELESS and had no merit and as such could not be sustained"
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/02/n50-million-scam-court-frees-wabara-osuji-abdulazeez/

Meanwhile, the Growth Enhancement Scheme (GES) in the fertilizer distribution system instituted by the current govt saved the nation about N25 billion in 2012. The N25 billion would have been lost to corruption if we had continued with the old system of distributing fertilizer. The Integrated Payroll Systeme has also saved the country over N120 billion per annum thru eradication of ghost workers.

Some Boko Haram and pension thieves suspects have been prosecuted and convicted SUCCESSFULLY. Many others, including fuel subsidy thieves are still in court.

It must be noted that many of the cases of corruption that are being prosecuted under this dispensation are the outcome of SILENT double layer investigation. The fuel subsidy thieves for instance were first investigated by a presidential committee on fuel subsidy (which consisted of experts in that field) and later by the EFCC before proceeding to court. This increases the chances of securing conviction in court.

Nigerians would have to choose between DRAMA/PLAYING TO THE GALLERY and real fight against corrupt that yields TANGIBLE BENEFITS.

6 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Fadelex(m): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
dayokanu: Can the country get worse?

Alams was granted presidential pardon

Bode george now declared never to have been corrupt

With this ruling, Can Bode now sue the govt for wrongful detention and make his own share of the national loot

Whats the lowest Retardeen govt can go to? any guesses?
**renaming police headquarters(louis edet house) after Lawrence Anini for being killed unjustly for what he believed in
**declare sani abacha as d martyr of democracy

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by nkemKalu: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

What concerns Goodluck Jonathan with a judgement of the Supreme Court?
...Fool that reasons from the anus

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by laseconsul: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fadelex:
**renaming police headquarters(louis edet house) after Lawrence Anini for being killed unjustly for what he believed in
**declare sani abacha as d martyr of democracy

But if not for Sani Abacha, our path to democracy will not have been posible
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by duerap: 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

This is the season of quashing and clearing.

The report did not mention the quashing of Alamieyeseigha's conviction. Never in the annals of Nigeria's democracy have more convictions been quashed and individuals cleared than now.

More and more convictions are being quashed and cleared under the corruption-friendly administration of the Chief Quasher himself, Conviction Clearer Quashluck JonaClear.

Nigeria is on the brink of being quashed and cleared!

Yes, Nigeria and her system really need complete quashing and clearance.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by healthenquire: 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
NIGERIA I HAIL THEE - ALAMESIA WAS AT A WORKSHOP YESTERDAY TALKING ABOUT HOW YOUTHS SHOULD LOOK UP TO THEIR ELDERS
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by shedyman: 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Publishing of falsehood by these journalist is unbecoming, I as privileged to be one f the Lawyers that appeared before their Lordships today nd can authoritatively say, that Kanu Agabi SAN was the attorney that defended Bode George and not Daudu SAN, as erroneously published.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Fadelex(m): 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
laseconsul:

But if not for Sani Abacha, our path to democracy will not have been posible
in what way? he didn't die for democracy but his death brought about democracy....
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by nerodenero: 2:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
former president of the Nigeria Bar Association , Joseph B Daudu
Too good at helping culprits get discharged and acquitted angry, I no blame you sha, na your work you dey do grin. Simply shows the rot in the judicial system .
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by explicit770(f): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Any Kingdom where a HEN is made the JUDGE,the COCKROACHES there shall know no JUSTICE.
Anyway,this is a nation where CORRUPTION is always CELEBRATED like CHRISTMAS
And our president cld be likened to a DEEP FREEZER taken to an ICELAND.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Pukkah: 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
healthenquire: NIGERIA I HAIL THEE - ALAMESIA WAS AT A WORKSHOP YESTERDAY TALKING ABOUT HOW YOUTHS SHOULD LOOK UP TO THEIR ELDERS

Ironically, the system has made it possible for him to stand on a podium and say such. He should be joined by another 'leader' like Bode George at the next event.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by pseudonomer: 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria *sign of cross*

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by duwdu: 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
The Supreme Court, in this
judgement, did NOT say that
Thief Bode George didn't commit the clearly evil act of contract splitting, just that it wasn't yet a crime at the time. Big difference.

Nemesis - and Karma - will
still catch up with him (TBG)
& his ilk, & help us sanitize
our society, God willing.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Plutarch: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
....................Loading....Alams...Al Mustapha.....Bode George.....Who is next? grin....2015 on my mind? Hope they wont pay him reparation for the time he spent in jail
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by PECO4KING(m): 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
GEJTILL2019: your father is tinubu aka oju yobo is king of corruption!

Is your father GEJ abi wetin dey pain u for body..
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by ddeola: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fee-dee-fee and GEJ at work. How can d outside world take dem serious? yeye pippleses

Abeg, help me tell dem say e remain Ibori's conviction in a London court o, because d paddy sef na saint too... grin grin grin
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Pukkah: 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
naptu2:

grin It seems it's quashing season https://www.nairaland.com/1554313/abuja-federal-court-quashes-el#20195983

True.

I foresee more quashing.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

It is curious that the 'quashing' Court says contract-splitting is
'unknown to law'.

See excerpts from the Public Procurement Act 2007:

Fundamental Principles Section 16(4).
37. The appropriate methods, procedures and contract award for public
procurement of goods and works shall be subject to the prior review
thresholds as may be set from time to time by the BPP.

38. Value for money obtained through efficiency, fair access to bids
and transparency, shall remain the main objective of the Procuring
Entity.

39. Contracts shall not be split into smaller units in order to
avoid competitive bidding or be distributed among various lots to
different bidders to enlarge bidder participation at the cost of lesser
economy and efficiency.

I thought it was an exaggeration when it was said that it is somebody's
destiny to bankrupt Nigeria.

My brother, some judges are so so silly that atimes i begin to wonder if they qualify to even be village heads left alone presiding over crucial matters concerning pple/nation. I remember when a judge in appellate court asked and i quote "what is patent right? Are you talking about patent medicine practitioners?" grin That was the question of a judge in Nigerian court of appeal. Smh!

Criticism on gej has made him to even lose passion for the society. He might not want to contest again owing to this epic criticism. Maybe he just want to destroy d Nation within his capacity b4 he leaves come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Omadachi(m): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mr Presidenrt want to finish this country.And the so called Judicial system in this country is not helping matters at all.No wonder the Nigeria judicial system will continue to go down the drain.I pity all those law students.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by crocodile: 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
I hear you guys. This was the same Daudu SAN that was at war with the Fed executive because of Former JCA Salami. Now you say he is on the side of governement setting free "corrupt people". These people are only guilty in the court of public opinion my guys. Please try to be more impersonal and judge with better insight many things in the public we see daily.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2013

Some Nigerians shaaa

Why would a Court pronounce a judgement and we go on to blame the President or Governor

We blame FG for the things done by Legislature(including their allowances) on the President too.

If anybody has a problem with the judgement, we should take it up with them(judges/NBA).

I personally believe based on maybe sentiment(since I have no evidence) that he Bode George is a highly trained thief, but I put the blame concerning the judgement on the Judges.

If we hold the judges accountable for their judgements, they wouldn't collect bride or bow to pressure from external forces. but if we continue to blame Governors or Presidents(thereby absorbing the judges from blame) then we are on a long thing.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Exponental(m): 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Same lawyer handled d cases.
Quash lawyer, anoda tool for aiding corruption and injustice!
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
healthenquire: NIGERIA I HAIL THEE - ALAMESIA WAS AT A WORKSHOP
YESTERDAY TALKING ABOUT HOW YOUTHS SHOULD LOOK UP TO THEIR
ELDERS

Elders like him abi? What a shameless set of people we have in nigeria. In a sane world, pple like alamesia wouldnt even attend public functions anymore cos of shame. Smh!
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by plaindealer: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
I see another round of huge church event, thanksgiving party with aso ebi and presidential delegation and representation....
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by vanguard1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sahalie reporters and their conspiracy theory.....what concerns GEJ with the court, the court absolved almustapha and George and not GEJ. I thank God for baba, now he should sue EFCC for damages
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Koolking(m): 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
It's all water under the bridge. Verdict had been passed. He was guilty as charged based on evidence presented. This judgement is little too late. You can't wash off the spots of a leopard. Posterity is there to be reckoned.

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by GotNoSwaggg: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
The Supreme Court is a circus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Rivers State Sea Port Underutilised While Lagos Suffers From Congestion? / Jonathan, Diezani, Others Shared $1.3b In Malabu Oil Fraud—italian Prosecutors / PDP Blames Jimi Agbaje For Embarrassing Defeat In Lagos Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.