Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date (30687 Views)

:==> Tecno Y6 Full Phone Specifications & Price In Nigeria <==: / HD Photos Of The Tecno Winpad 10 - Specifications - Price / Samsung Galaxy S5 - Specs, Rumors, And Release Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by aywhy93(m): 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
The year 2013 is already running out and its a great year in the Mobile Tech world because we've already seen so many Smartphones, Phablets and Tablets released. We've seen HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, Nexus 5, Sony Xperia Z and so many other smart devices. But what do you think next year 2014 have for us ? Smarter devices, right ? One of the Smarter devices we are expecting is the Samsung Galaxy S5 which will be released in the next few months, I cant wait to see this #SmartBeast.

Although, Samsung Galaxy S5 is not yet here but there is already a good number of rumors, leaks and indications, all of which can be used to get an image of the Galaxy S5. We've already come across so many leaks dealing with the Galaxy S5's release date, as well as some of its technical characteristics, such as its supposed screen size, CPU, camera and more. I'm sure you'll also want to peep at the Samsung Galaxy S5 before it really go official next year. Thanks to PhoneArena for providing a clear insight on the Galaxy S5.

[size=15pt]Features, Specs, Price and Release Date of Samsung Galaxy S5[/size]

1. Galaxy S5 may have a 5"+ display with 2560 x 1440 resolution
Samsung's AMOLED technology is loved by some, and despised by others but there is no doubt that the Galaxy S5 will also feature an AMOLED screen. However, some unofficial sources claim that this time around we may even see a bigger screen than the 5" seen on the Galaxy S4. Some claim it's going to be a 5.3" display, others don't provide exact numbers, but we are undoubtedly expecting a bigger screen.

2. Galaxy S5 may feature a new 64-bit Exynos chipset
Rumor has it that Samsung is gearing up to equip the Galaxy S5 with a brand new version of Exynos - one that features a 64-bit architecture. Other sources however, think that Samsung will once again choose to out two versions of Galaxy S5 - one with the Exynos 64-bit and one with the Snapdragon 805 which is Qualcomm's latest and greatest chipset. In any case, I'm very sure the Galaxy S5 is going to be a Beast.

3. Samsung Galaxy S5 may feature 4GB of RAM
With Smartphones producers like Gionee stepping up with much more better and multitask-handling RAM on their new devices. Samsung is said to equip the Galaxy S5 with 4GB of RAM. However, some claims that the Galaxy S5 is going to have 3GB of RAM instead. By the looks of it, both theories may turn out to be correct. For example, if there are two versions of the Galaxy S5, the one with the Exynos 64-bit chipset may have 4 GB RAM, while the Snapdragon 805 one may sport 3 gigs. That gives buyers options to choose from but don't expect the price to be the same if it goes out this way.

4. A Stunning 16 MP camera with OIS
The Galaxy S4's 13 MP camera is still among the very best Cam so far, but it's already starting to feel inferior to some of the new releases. Of course, Samsung will be looking to step up with a new sensor, and by the looks of it, it's going to be a 16 MP camera with optical image stabilization. It will look so real !!!

5. Galaxy S5 may sport a fingerprint sensor
Well, the iPhone 5s has it, so it won't make any sense if Samsung fail to add a fingerprint sensor to their 2014 Smartphone because so many 2013 Smartphones already have it. Although it's not clear yet if the fingerprint sensor they are going to go for will be of the swipe type (as in the HTC One max), or of the touch type (as in the iPhone 5s). But lets just wait and see what they have been planning behind the scene.

6. Galaxy S5... Plastic or Metal ?
One of the wildest rumors we've heard about the Galaxy S5 is that it may come with two different designs - one made of plastic, and one made of metal. It sure sounds crazy, but as far as Samsung is concerned, so many things are possible.

7. Galaxy S5 with Samsung Conference video call ?
We don't have much information about Samsung's TouchWiz user interface right now but we surely hope that a major redesign is going on. Still, we heard about one of the new software features that the Galaxy S5 is going to introduce - conference video calls! Not that you can't achieve conference video calling with a third-party service like Google's Hangouts app but Samsung just like having their own unique feature so that they'll be able to make more money from the device.

8. Galaxy S5 will be released earlier next year
Samsung isn't very happy with the Galaxy S4's current performance on the market, which is why it'll be looking to release its successor earlier than usual. Usually, the Galaxy S smartphones get released in the month of April - May, but this time around, Samsung is said to be pulling the launch earlier, to February or March 2014.

9. How much will the Samsung Galaxy S5 cost ?
When it comes to price, there isn't any information yet but according to PhoneArena's explanatory guess, an unlocked Galaxy S5 will probably be offered at a price range of €600 to €700.

I really cant wait to see this device next year but seriously, I'm anxious to see what Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Apple and other Smartphones producers have for us next year. What do you think about Samsung's S5 ? Do you also have any official or even unofficial update on the device ?

[size=14pt]SoURCE - http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/12/samsung-galaxy-s5-specs-features-price.html

Full Post with Pics available here - http://www.stevenbergy.com.ng/2013/12/samsung-galaxy-s5-specs-features-price.html[/size]

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Beautiful!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by rozayx5(m): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
hmm waiting for jumia to come with double the price undecided

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
it's a bomb..... Samsung are vexing
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by iphoneloaded(m): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
Great. Waiting for Apple 2014 release cool

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
I think it would be foolish to buy it at such a Price when the only tangible difference is the model number,tho if I get some free Money,I wouldnt mind engaging in that particular bit of Foolishness grin

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by mcevans1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
WOW shocked
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Mayflowa(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hope to see the physical one
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by shegzi(m): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
This is too bad, price in Naira pls, but its cool though. If you get money you go enjoy oyinbo.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by alaoeri: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Trust freaks to be saving money for the yet to be release phone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by tolu4you: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
S5...? I go manage to wait for 'S' watever dat i go fit download food. I no use my S3 for 3months when S4 come out,nw i dey hear abt S5. This pple dey crazi for head. Im ok wiy my S3 and lumia1024. I no fit run mad coz of better fone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Donvitalis(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S5?? Sorry, iPhone 5s' got it all.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by NET1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
What is wrong with this pipo sef?

I was saving money to buy S3, then I saw S4.
I started saving money for S4, now I'm hearing S5.

abeg, when will they release Samsung S14? Na dat one I wan buy.

.NET

8 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Tecno fans go soon come here nao dem go dey yarn rubbish gringrin NICE ONE FROM SAMSUNG
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Superstar007(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Whats the equivalent value in naira??
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by RedCard1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
The camera is more than protruding (me don't like), the price na fire but the device is stunning. I love Samsung. But there are way too many phones in the market. One may start saving for this Galaxy S5 now and the next week, S6 is out. Soo confusing. Not to forget: I prefer plastic covers to metal.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by mmmustapha(m): 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
beautiful phone but isn't for poor people like me

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Prowizy2(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Is that not sony digital camera am seeing dere? undecided
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
this look like tecno ni,

abi tecno don enter my eyes

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by RedCard1(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
rozayx5: hmm waiting for jumia to come with double the price undecided
you should be talking about SLOT. Visit Jumia website and you'll see 15% discount on their phones but SLOT never takes that risk.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by braine(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Wow! Some computers don't even have 4GB RAM. Na wah.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Mrluv(m): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scrap.. But if u get 2much moni u can go for it, but all the way my Tecno stil rock!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by OgidiOlu3(m): 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Crappy rumour! If they dont use plastic or metal, what else will they use? If it's not 3gig or 4gig ram, what will it be? 16gig? To be on a safer side, you now said they'll be of two types. Codswallop!
Looking at Sammy's trends over the years, I'd say the S5 will come with 3gig ram, 4.4 kitkat and will definitely be plastic(as usual).

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by imsuboi(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by gustdableman(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
.NET:
What is wrong with this pipo sef?

I was saving money to buy S3, then I saw S4.
I started saving money for S4, now I'm hearing S5.

abeg, when will they release Samsung S14? Na dat one I wan buy.

.NET
i have s4 for sale very new and still with carton, if you really want it it cost 100k naira

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by gustdableman(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
i have new s4 for sale for 100k, if you wanna buy pm me[b][/b]
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Waiting for its tecno counterpart#teamTecno#

8 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by mu2sa2: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
koonbey: I think it would be foolish to buy it at such a Price when the only tangible difference is the model number,tho if I get some free Money,I wouldnt mind engaging in that particular bit of Foolishness grin
How do u get "free" money?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by ladyF(f): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
gustdableman: i have s4 for sale very new and still with carton, if you really want it it cost 100k naira

ahh Ann. 100k for s4 that isn't sealed. Wen websites have dropped down price of a new one + warrantee to 92k or less sef? lol, u go wait tire grin

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by anitank(f): 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
They switch up a few things from the previous model ( maybe the camera resolution), add an extra inch to the screen, then increase the price by 100%, and you see Nigerians rushing to get one like their lives depended on it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Features, Specifications, Price And Release Date by lastmessenger: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
They keep producing and we keep buying.am ashamed of Nigerias consuming mentality and is high time we start manufacturing our thing locally.anyway i believe that things will not always remain like this but we need to have a thinking on how to develop our own technology

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You May Prefer The Old Whatsapp To The Recently Updated One / How To Download Whatapp Application For Nokia 2700 Classic / Apple Savings Account With 4.15% Interest Rate Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.