Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White (4330 Views)

Top Five Artistes That have Turned Themselves to Video Vixens / When Black Celebrities Turn White / Beauty Of Black Celebrities - A-Z List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
This isn't a joke,though some of these celebs have become some funny look people.
Micheal jackson,beyonce,lark voohries,trina McGee

Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sammy sosa,tyra banks,rihanna,nicki minaj

Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
Lil kim,dakore egbuson,yvonne nelson,kel

Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by RedCard1(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
You forgot to add Monalisa Chinda. She used to have a brown skin but she decided to bleach to the very top. She looks like an albino now. Tonto Dike was never so dark but she has bleached now. Ebube Nwagbo. Even Jordin Spark should be there.

1 Like

Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by wheesin(m): 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
so disappointed at our ladies....men are just d best we gat no time for this shitt..no time atall
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Psychedelia(m): 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
If I had a nickel for every kilobyte in those pictures you just posted... I'd have just 1 nickel.

3 Likes

Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by cumpaddre(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Psychedelia: If I had a nickel for every kilobyte in those pictures you just posted... I'd have just 1 nickel.
Lmao!!! I dey tellz u!
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by KweenAdz(f): 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Tonto for carry first for ds thread nah....ds is why I love Genny....dt lady is original....
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Akuviv: 12:25am On Dec 14, 2013
how come mama OPRAH WINFREY is not on the list? This tread would have made sense but for the very tiny pics sad
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 14, 2013
OP this your pictures sef.
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 14, 2013
you no fit rotate them?
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by boss1310(m): 3:24am On Dec 14, 2013
i watched a documentary about african americans and how they practise racism even among fellow blacks,it was an eye opener for me.
i noticed that blacks with light skin are offered more roles in movies,tv adverts even video vixens.before a very dark artist will be signed by a major record label then the artist must have a hell of a talent.
what do people have against being dark that even in africa almost every young lady love to brighten their skin and the male folks has followed suit
@ op the pix you uploaded were they taken with sagem phones
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by RedCard1(m): 5:17am On Dec 14, 2013
boss1310: i watched a documentary about african americans and how they practise racism even among fellow blacks,it was an eye opener for me.
i noticed that blacks with light skin are offered more roles in movies,tv adverts even video vixens.before a very dark artist will be signed by a major record label then the artist must have a hell of a talent.
what do people have against being dark that even in africa almost every young lady love to brighten their skin and the male folks has followed suit
in America, blacks dominates the music industry. Many of them even lead the Grammy i.e Jay Z, Kanye West, Beyonce, Nas, Ne-Yo, etc. It's in movies that the intimidation sets in. Halle Berry is not a great actress neither is she a box office draw but she've had so many lead roles because she's light skinned and can beat most of the white ladies in terms of beauty. Her beauty and skin colour has got her many magazine covers and adverts. Ever wondered why the Oscar favoured her over far better black actresses like Angela Basett and Viola Davis? Its because of the racial love they have for her. If you're dark skinned, you won't make wave in hollywood. Denzel Washington was just lucky. As for the pics up there, I think they were taken with Nokia C1.
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Tosinville(m): 6:44am On Dec 14, 2013
boss1310: i watched a documentary about african americans and how they practise racism even among fellow blacks,it was an eye opener for me.
cheesy sagem cheesy
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Psychedelia(m): 7:47am On Dec 14, 2013
If you're dark skinned, you won't make wave in hollywood. Denzel Washington was just lucky.

I'd differ on this one a little, and say the same standards are not used when judging black men and black women.
While dark-skin black women are the ones who face the most discrimination in favour of their lighter-tone counterparts, I can't say lightskin black men are favoured above the darkskin ones.

Many years before Denzel Washington, there was Sidney Poitier (the first black 'Best Actor' oscar winner), even Louis Gossett Jnr (the very first oscar winner) and the ever-lovable Morgan Freeman - and all these actors are darker than Denzel. But during the time these aforementioned actors were making waves, their female counterparts were the likes of Lena Horne and Dorothy Dandridge - all lightskin/mixed women.
The infamous, internally-racist "brown envelope test" was used mainly against black women hoping for a shot at showbiz.

Even going through the list of male black Oscar winners and nominees over the years - from Morgan Freeman, to Sidney Poitier, to Louis Gossett Jnr., to Denzel Washington, to Don Cheadle, to Will Smith, to Cuba Gooding Jnr., to Djimon Hounsou, to Forest Whitaker, to Jamie Foxx, to this year's likely winner Chiwetel Ejiofor - the only notable lightskin dude I can remember there is Cuba Gooding Jnr.

So, implying Denzel Washington was just one 'lucky' anomaly, couldn't be further from the truth.

I can't really remember cases where lightskin black men were favoured above their darkskin counterparts when it came to showbiz.
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by fruityjojo(f): 8:24am On Dec 14, 2013
The rest ok & true but for BEYONCE, dats a hugeee lie! Beyounce even looks darker as she ages! She was very white wen yonger but now she is kinda golden! Abeg no dey talk wetin u no know!
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Airforce1(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2013
Nice one..
The ministry is moving
grin grin
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by magaliyu(f): 8:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White by Peterwizzy: 11:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
make e no b like say i no comment

(1) (Reply)

Mr. Universe Nigeria 2014 Contestants / Money!the Question Is "When A Man Gives It To His Girlfriend What Do We Call It? / Lovely Family Photo Of Opeyemi Aiyeola, Her Hubby & Their Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.