Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. (3183 Views)

Rape Of Medical Laboratory Science Profession / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 10:41am On Dec 14, 2013
Pharmacy, according to the Oxford dictionary is: a shop/store, or part of one, that sells medicines and drugs; a place in a hospital where medicines are prepared; the study of how to prepare medicines and drugs.

Talking about the heart in this context, it simply means the most important part of something. Yes, a Doctor does the diagnoses but without using the Pharmacy, his/her diagnoses if of no use; the Nurse also does his/her nursing but, in almost all cases makes use of the Pharmacy product; the Pathologist(Dr.)/lab. Scientist carries out his/her test and without gracing the Pharmacy, no meaningful progress is done on health; and so also to others.

The Pharmacist produces the drugs/medicines which is very useful in the health profession. Take away the Pharmacy in the hospital and other health allied entity and the it will be as good as a consultancy arena.

Above all, the various health professionals must join hands to make a meaningful progress. Every proffession is useful

#peace

3 Likes

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Brother, if pharmacists decides to go on strike too, e go bad oooo. Buh our 'oju anu' dey kill us. We've been far too undermined in this country.

Imagine all community pharmacies been closed, hospital pharmacies closed too, the worst part, we close down the industries too, close down the drug distribution channels at Idumota, Lagos Island and Ilupeju(for a start). We'll leave them to the mercy of the Igbo(fake) boys..

It won't be fair, as more lives will be lost than u can think, but then maybe Nigerians will begin to value pharmacists.

4 Likes

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
adeola_drg: Brother, if pharmacists decides to go on strike too, e go bad oooo. Buh our 'oju anu' dey kill us. We've been far too undermined in this country.

Imagine all community pharmacies been closed, hospital pharmacies closed too, the worst part, we close down the industries too, close down the drug distribution channels at Idumota, Lagos Island and Ilupeju(for a start). We'll leave them to the mercy of the Igbo(fake) boys..

It won't be fair, as more lives will be lost than u can think, but then maybe Nigerians will begin to value pharmacists.

true talk! If only they knw the role of pharmacist, they go dy comot cap.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by caukerzee(m): 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
I feel we are really undre apperciated.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by onagoodday1: 11:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
Truly, we are under appreciated today, but I can assure you that the future is rosy, just keep up your good work
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by onagoodday1: 11:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Truly, we are under appreciated today, but I can assure you that the future is rosy, let's just keep up our good work, no wonder we are called men of honour....the heart,yes I couldn't agree less!!!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 12:09am On Dec 19, 2013
Yes, I see a great future for the pharmacy profession.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Shady3(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Samgreguc: Yes, I see a great future for the pharmacy profession.
bright future seen ought 2be accompanied with strong determination
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Shady3: bright future seen ought 2be accompanied with strong determination
yea man!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 28, 2013
Pls Sir's i have an issue...A Frd of Mine went to a pharmacy shop to lay her complaint abt Constant Stomach ache & She waz.also..Vomiting..a counting drug waz administrred to her..afta using d drug, she complained of severe pain, she later went bk to d chemist where she bought d drug, bt on gettin dere d lady apologised to her dat she wrongly administered d drug tinking dat she want to use it for abortion...
The problem nw is dat shez feeling pain slightly in her tommy...:
and pls wat d medical implication...

Reply needed asap....tanks
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2013
olatunji21: Pls Sir's i have an issue...A Frd of Mine went to a pharmacy shop to lay her complaint abt Constant Stomach ache & She waz.also..Vomiting..a counting drug waz administrred to her..afta using d drug, she complained of severe pain, she later went bk to d chemist where she bought d drug, bt on gettin dere d lady apologised to her dat she wrongly administered d drug tinking dat she want to use it for abortion...

A pharmacy shop or a chemist? And what drug was she given? Wasn't there a pharmacist in the shop?

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by caukerzee(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
olatunji21: Pls Sir's i have an issue...A Frd of Mine went to a pharmacy shop to lay her complaint abt Constant Stomach ache & She waz.also..Vomiting..a counting drug waz administrred to her..afta using d drug, she complained of severe pain, she later went bk to d chemist where she bought d drug, bt on gettin dere d lady apologised to her dat she wrongly administered d drug tinking dat she want to use it for abortion...

Know the difference between a pharmacy and a chemist. Don't just got to any quack for drugs. Go see a doctor first next time.

3 Likes

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
caukerzee: Know the difference between a pharmacy and a chemist. Don't just got to any quack for drugs. Go see a doctor first next time.
appreciated Bro
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
adeola_drg:

A pharmacy shop or a chemist? And what drug was she given? Wasn't there a pharmacist in the shop?
a pharmacist accordin to her...
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
olatunji21:
a pharmacist accordin to her...
The person who sold the drug was definitely one of those mere salesgirls and that's another huge problem when it comes to pharmacies. It's ur right to av a pharmacist attend to u whenever u step in. Its ur right to wait or ask for his phone number when he is not around. Moreover, what drug was she given?

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
caukerzee: Know the difference between a pharmacy and a chemist. Don't just got to any quack for drugs. Go see a doctor first next time.
na true o bt, na every case dem dey see doctor first?
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by caukerzee(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
Samgreguc:
Not all. Just saying this because most Nigerians do not know the use of pharmacist. If you ask the average Nigerian who a pharmacist is, he'll tell you it's someone who sells drugs. So for a case this serious, it's advisable one sees a doctor first. Not it all cases of course.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
i dnt knw her condition presently Cus dere av been brk in Communication Since Morning...Her fone kept ringing bt nt picked...I fear for her...

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Lagusta(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2013
Samgreguc:

that stomach pain could be due to peptic ulcer, intestinal colic, typhoid perforation, biliary colic, panceatitis, appendicitis, merckel's diverticulitis, hepatitis, splenic rupture, or any cause of peritonitis.........

In fact, the list is endless!!!

Thats why you have to see a doctor first.......

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
That's true sir, but as a matter of urgency and discomfort, antispasmodic drugs or buscopan could be given to such patient on sight. Secnidazole is usually given too, tho I don't know the modus operandi yet.

Considering the availability of pharmacists and the otherwise for doctors( I dispensed for a woman last week at 6pm and she said she had been in the hospital since 9am). Now tell me how such patient would be able to cope when undergoing a traumatic and painful illness. The pharmacist is the only health professional u don't need an appointment to see, u don't pay to see him either. The most easily accessible healthcare professional they say, plus he's also trained and knows when to refer u to a physician. I've seen pharmacists do on-sight referral, its no biggie. There's enough space in the sky for us all to soar, God's blessings.

2 Likes

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Lagusta(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
adeola_drg: That's true sir, but as a matter of urgency and discomfort, antispasmodic drugs or buscopan could be given to such patient on sight. Secnidazole is usually given too, tho I don't know the modus operandi yet.

Considering the availability of pharmacists and the otherwise for doctors( I dispensed for a woman last week at 6pm and she said she had been in the hospital since 9am). Now tell me how such patient would be able to cope when undergoing a traumatic and painful illness. The pharmacist is the only health professional u don't need an appointment to see, u don't pay to see him either. The most easily accessible healthcare professional they say, plus he's also trained and knows when to refer u to a physician. I've seen pharmacists do on-sight referral, its no biggie. There's enough space in the sky for us all to soar, God's blessings.

On point tho
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lagusta:

that stomach pain could be due to peptic ulcer, intestinal colic, typhoid perforation, biliary colic, panceatitis, appendicitis, merckel's diverticulitis, hepatitis, splenic rupture, or any cause of peritonitis.........

okey!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lagusta:

Thanks Sir..A test waz conducted & d result is still Pending..She's been admitted since Ystaday....

As 4 d Stomach pain i suspect dat PEPTIC ULCER u made mention of bcause dere is no time she ever had appetite..(She's Like i dnt feel lyk eating)..
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
adeola_drg: That's true sir, but as a matter of urgency and discomfort, antispasmodic drugs or buscopan could be given to such patient on sight. Secnidazole is usually given too, tho I don't know the modus operandi yet.

okey.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Lagusta(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
olatunji21:
Thanks Sir..A test waz conducted & d result is still Pending..She's been admitted since Ystaday....

As 4 d Stomach pain i suspect dat PEPTIC ULCER u made mention of bcause dere is no time she ever had appetite..(She's Like i dnt feel lyk eating)..

Okay, which test was that??

And concerning peptic ulcer, is the pain general or located on one side, and if on one side, where exactly?? Upper or lower, right or left.....
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2014

did u first study pharmacology or u went to health tech bfre proceding to B.Pharm? shocked shocked shocked
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 9:04am On Jan 02, 2014
nouveaux:
did u first study pharmacology or u went to health tech bfre proceding to B.Pharm? shocked shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy Nah.. I only did bch @ Covenant b4 I ported. I guess I av loads of community pharmacy experience which helps me a lot. Same to you bro.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2014
adeola_drg:

cheesy cheesy Nah.. I only did bch @ Covenant b4 I ported. I guess I av loads of community pharmacy experience which helps me a lot. Same to you bro.
ohhhh, kudos, u be baba o.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Kunlexic(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lets try and revive this thread back to life.

Tag-adeoladrg,nouveaux,sisiafrika,samgreguc,lagusta and other pharmacist
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by aluunoble: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
You don't want to get us started.. Mr kunle, abeg come osuth make we talk..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Searching For A Good And Reputable Ear, Nose And Throat (ENT) Hospital / 11 Side Effects Of Tattoos / How Do I Stop My Hair From Getting Bald

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.