Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. (3182 Views)

Rape Of Medical Laboratory Science Profession / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by thegeneral84: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2014
adeoladrg: Brother, if pharmacists decides to go on strike too, e go bad oooo. Buh our 'oju anu' dey kill us. We've been far too undermined in this country.

Imagine all community pharmacies been closed, hospital pharmacies closed too, the worst part, we close down the industries too, close down the drug distribution channels at Idumota, Lagos Island and Ilupeju(for a start). We'll leave them to the mercy of the Igbo(fake) boys..

It won't be fair, as more lives will be lost than u can think, but then maybe Nigerians will begin to value pharmacists.
on the other hand, imagine if medical doctors withdraw services from government hospitals, close down all private hospitals and stop all forms of consultations, treatment, surgeries, etc involving a medical doctor; what state would the country be in? What I'm saying is if government-employed pharmacists have a problem, they tackle the government on their own and leave the community and industrial Pharmacists out of it because other fields also have private sectors who don't join the public sector in a bid to make themselves "felt/ valued".
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2014
thegeneral84:
on the other hand, imagine if medical doctors withdraw services from government hospitals, close down all private hospitals and stop all forms of consultations, treatment, surgeries, etc involving a medical doctor; what state would the country be in? What I'm saying is if government-employed pharmacists have a problem, they tackle the government on their own and leave the community and industrial Pharmacists out of it because other fields also have private sectors who don't join the public sector in a bid to make themselves "felt/ valued".

If you've followed this NMA strike well, you'll see how doctors have downplayed other health professionals. By calling them allied or paramedics. I was just out to prove that pharmacy is equally as important as medicine.

NMA is on strike and pharmacists in communities are attending to patients, even if private hospitals were shut, we'd fill the gap for the while. Only those ones needing surgery will suffer. That said if the whole pharmacy profession decides to strike and shut down both public and private sector, you'll treat your patients with which drug? Postoperative drugs will come from where? Take a chill!

My point is, pharmacy like op said is the heart of the health profession.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by phantom(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
grin..........you can cut the inferiority complex on this thread with a knife.
you start a thread to blow your trumpet. what does that say about your psyche
if any pharmacists should blow their trumpets, it should be the industrial pharmacists NOT these drug dispensers/glorified chemists we have in our hospitals.
I can teach my village based cousin with trisomy 21 how to dispense drugs in one week.
grin grin grandiose delusions!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by minkawe: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Allied health workers is not a ridicule because we have a union that goes by that name constituting other health workers,and I'm sure NMA was not responsible for that nomenclature. The same way drugs are produced for human consumption so also it is for animals, why are you guys not canvassing for leadership of farms. I think most top notchers in pharmacy are into core production, people working themselves out to bring new drugs to fore, claiming patents.
Pharmaceutical companies in the United States are called "the big pharmacy" because contending with them is like fighting with Coca Cola, with a brand name worthing $40billon in franchise. My question is: how many successful pharmacist are interested in this squabble engulfing the health sector today?, Where are the eggheads that came out top of their class?.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by minkawe: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Op, if people in the works department should withdrawal their services the hospital is going to become dysfunctional. What about Industrial production Engineers in both Pharmaceutical and Food Industry, if they withdrawal their services: everything is going to a halt. So, that we have an interwoven society or industrial relations is not in question but rather everybody have a place where they take the lead. Sawoe and Dantata has it's own clinic despite being a Construction Company, hence their health staffs are not major players
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by minkawe: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Adeoladrg, A law firm cannot be effective without research assistants, Public Administrators cannot lead without various consultants at their beck and call. It may amaze you to know that secretaries to many Investment Bankers and Venture Capitalist have PH.d in Psychology and without them, most of the popular successful ventures of their bosses would be non-existent. Ma'am, so depending on one another is not peculiar to the health sector, it's cut across sectors.
The problem with health sector is simple: too many eggheads who hitherto before falling into different career path were stars and few years later, only one of them takes all the glory especially within the four walls of the hospital.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
phantom: grin..........you can cut the inferiority complex on this thread with a knife.
if any pharmacists should blow their trumpets, it should be the industrial pharmacists NOT these drug dispensers/glorified chemists we have in our hospitals.
I can teach my village based cousin with trisomy 21 how to dispense drugs in one week.

I have no words for you Mr phantom..
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
minkawe: @Adeoladrg, A law firm cannot be effective without research assistants, Public Administrators cannot lead without various consultants at their beck and call. It may amaze you to know that secretaries to many Investment Bankers and Venture Capitalist have PH.d in Psychology and without them, most of the popular successful ventures of their bosses would be non-existent. Ma'am, so depending on one another is not peculiar to the health sector, it's cut across sectors.
The problem with health sector is simple: too many eggheads who hitherto before falling into different career path were stars and few years later, only one of them takes all the glory especially within the four walls of the hospital.

You have a point..
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
minkawe: Allied health workers is not a ridicule because we have a union that goes by that name constituting other health workers,and I'm sure NMA was not responsible for that nomenclature. The same way drugs are produced for human consumption so also it is for animals, why are you guys not canvassing for leadership of farms. I think most top notchers in pharmacy are into core production, people working themselves out to bring new drugs to fore, claiming patents.
Pharmaceutical companies in the United States are called "the big pharmacy" because contending with them is like fighting with Coca Cola, with a brand name worthing $40billon in franchise. My question is: how many successful pharmacist are interested in this squabble engulfing the health sector today?, Where are the eggheads that came out top of their class?.
that name is a redicule to Pharmacy.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
phantom: grin..........you can cut the inferiority complex on this thread with a knife.
dnt b so this insensitive.
Check d date I opened dis thread b4 u talk rubbish.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Samgreguc:
that name is a redicule to Pharmacy.

Spend 5 or 6 years in pharmacy school with all its troubles and be called allied? Where did you put the fear of God?
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by minkawe: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
http://www.healthecareers.com/article/top-20-allied-healthcare-jobs-and-salaries/172249
I think the use of the word is about context and the meaning you attach to it. If you check the list you see Pharmacist are the highest paid on that list and everybody other person there are also hospital staffs. You cannot refer to a Pharmacist in Industry as allied because the Pharmaceutical industry is a different entity on it's own. Doctors too are support staffs in Military, NNPC even in Merck in United state: which is a Pharmaceutical company, at best they give some guys consultantancy role to aid clinical trials. My sister, I in no way intend to be codescending.
You know people involve in emergency services in the States are called paramedics whereas many academic institutions refer to people studying other courses in medical school as paramedics.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
adeoladrg:

Spend 5 or 6 years in pharmacy school with all its troubles and be called allied? Where did you put the fear of God?
truly, where did they keep the fear of God?
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by chukel(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
AdeolaDRg, I read d 1st page of dis thread, I cudnt help but laugh out loud. Any sincere, unbiased pesin reading dis will kn dat u guys are the problem in the health sector. Everyone wants to exceed his job description becos he thinks he has seen it done severally. Not becos he was trained to do so. Dat is wat is causing chaos. U wia encouraging ur colleagues to consult patients, make diagnosis, prescribe medication and dispense. For a pharmacist?(U dnt even kn ur jo description). U even said not all cases shud be seen by a doctor unless dy are serious. Do u tink dia is any medical condition dat starts out serious or complicated? U shout on top of ur voices dat doctors oppress u, yet u steal his job description and engage in quack practice. Its guys like u dat make simple conditions complicated cos u will prevent d patient from visiting a hospital. U r d ones stagnating urselves cos u have decided to dwell on lies nd groom in it. By d way wats dat DR in ur moniker?
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
chukel: AdeolaDRg, I read d 1st page of dis thread, I cudnt help but laugh out loud. Any sincere, unbiased pesin reading dis will kn dat u guys are the problem in the health sector. Everyone wants to exceed his job description becos he thinks he has seen it done severally. Not becos he was trained to do so. Dat is wat is causing chaos. U wia encouraging ur colleagues to consult patients, make diagnosis, prescribe medication and dispense. For a pharmacist?(U dnt even kn ur jo description). U even said not all cases shud be seen by a doctor unless dy are serious. Do u tink dia is any medical condition dat starts out serious or complicated? U shout on top of ur voices dat doctors oppress u, yet u steal his job description and engage in quack practice. Its guys like u dat make simple conditions complicated cos u will prevent d patient from visiting a hospital. U r d ones stagnating urselves cos u have decided to dwell on lies nd groom in it. By d way wats dat DR in ur moniker?

Are you this poor at comprehension? Or you're making extra efforts today?

You've seriously misquoted me, go back and read my comments from the beginning. This time, slowly..
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
U wia encouraging ur colleagues to consult patients,
make diagnosis, prescribe medication and
dispense.

No where in my post did I say such. I only compared the availability of pharmacists to the opposite for doctors. Go back and read it jor!

Moreover, the pharmacy is a first point of contact these days.. You don't need all the queuing to see a pharmacist. That said, while waiting for a diagnosis a pharmacist can recommend a drug to take care of the patients symptoms this time buscopan for intestinal spasm or pain be it nociceptive or neuropathic that I mentioned.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by phantom(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
adeoladrg: That's true sir, but as a matter of urgency and discomfort, antispasmodic drugs or buscopan could be given to such patient on sight. Secnidazole is usually given too, tho I don't know the modus operandi yet.

Considering the availability of pharmacists and the otherwise for doctors( I dispensed for a woman last week at 6pm and she said she had been in the hospital since 9am). Now tell me how such patient would be able to cope when undergoing a traumatic and painful illness. The pharmacist is the only health professional u don't need an appointment to see, u don't pay to see him either. The most easily accessible healthcare professional they say, plus he's also trained and knows when to refer u to a physician. I've seen pharmacists do on-sight referral, its no biggie. There's enough space in the sky for us all to soar, God's blessings.
Haa!.... I just saw this.
oga why are you prescribing buscopan for a patient in which the nature of the abdominal pain you have not ascertained?
what if that is an acute abdomen secondary to a mechanical obstruction or paralytic ileus?
this is why we insist YOU STICK TO YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION.
patient complains of a colicky abdominal pain and you rush to prescribe buscopan. na wa o!
**shakes head**
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by chukel(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
adeoladrg: U wia encouraging ur colleagues to consult patients,
make diagnosis, prescribe medication and
dispense.

No where in my post did I say such. I only compared the availability of pharmacists to the opposite for doctors. Go back and read it jor!

Moreover, the pharmacy is a first point of contact these days.. You don't need all the queuing to see a pharmacist. That said, while waiting for a diagnosis a pharmacist can recommend a drug to take care of the patients symptoms this time buscopan for intestinal spasm or pain be it nociceptive or neuropathic that I mentioned.
u never fail to exhibit inferiority complex. Wat u just typed is not different from wat I typed earlier. U just concurred to d fact dat ur quack practice makes d patient worse. While u dispense drugs to "treat" symptoms, underlying pathological process is still on going. U mask symptoms with ur drugs. Patient thinks he is better. Goes home cos u gave d impression it is "not serious", den gets worse nd complicated becos the underlying problem was not diagnosed nd tackled. Instead as u typed, symptom was "treated". Till u tell urselves d truth, u will continue to suffer. U r d bane of progress in health sector. Wat is d DR in ur moniker? Do doz letters denote ur initials?
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
phantom: Haa!.... I just saw this.
oga why are you prescribing buscopan for a patient in which the nature of the abdominal pain you have not ascertained?
what if that is an acute abdomen secondary to a mechanical obstruction or paralytic ileus?
this is why we insist YOU STICK TO YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION.
patient complains of a colicky abdominal pain and you rush to prescribe buscopan. na wa o!
**shakes head**

And what happens if the woman I gave as an example was ur wife and had severe abdominal pain. Yet, the queue to the doctor's office is so looong. What would you do if such a woman rushes to a pharmacy and you are the pharmacist on duty?

I understand the professional dispute part, buh don't let hate becloud your judgment!! Use ur brain sir!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
chukel: u never fail to exhibit inferiority complex. Wat u just typed is not different from wat I typed earlier. U just concurred to d fact dat ur quack practice makes d patient worse. While u dispense drugs to "treat" symptoms, underlying pathological process is still on going. U mask symptoms with ur drugs. Patient thinks he is better. Goes home cos u gave d impression it is "not serious", den gets worse nd complicated becos the underlying problem was not diagnosed nd tackled. Instead as u typed, symptom was "treated". Till u tell urselves d truth, u will continue to suffer. U r d bane of progress in health sector. Wat is d DR in ur moniker? Do doz letters denote ur initials?

See ehn, you have no hope! No hope whatsoever!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by chukel(m): 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
adeoladrg:

See ehn, you have no hope! No hope whatsoever!
lol. So easy for u to hurl insults. U cannot engage in any intellectual discussion. All u produce from ur skull is insult, which is all u have there. Either u are a kid or an adult with d brain of a kid. Even some kids will do better. The real pharmacists who kn dia onion r in d pharmaceutical industry. Have u heard of pharm. Okoli (emzor pharmaceuticals)? Is she bickering with u guys on dis nonsense. She kns her worth nd has placed herself where she deserves to be. But u have chosen to reduce urself to dispensing drugs nd looking for who is oppressing u. Ur teachers must be ashamed of u. Phantom pointed out smth but u failed to comprehend. Instead u wia asking a childish and stupid question. U have proven u dnt even care about the life of the patient. else u wud av known dat buscopan cud cause life threatening condition if administered for a wrong purpose. But u just want to compete with d doctor thru ur quack practice. U tink all abdominal pain is caused by spasm of d gut? Smh. U feel inferior, dats y u even appended DR to ur moniker. Yet u claim u want international best practices. Did dy tell u quack practice is part of it? I kn u have not traveled out of d shores of this country. Abroad, almost all drugs are dispensed with prescription from d doctor. Dats international best practice. Wat do u guys do here. I kn u must look geometrically older than ur age because of jealousy, envy nd hate. Dnt just die b4 ur time. Stop patrolling a lost cause. If u r tired of dispensing drugs and want to practice medicine, buy jamb form. Write ur exam, pass nd enroll into a medical school. Dia is no short-cut to people's health.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by adeoladrg(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
chukel: lol. So easy for u to hurl insults. U cannot engage in any intellectual discussion. All u produce from ur skull is insult, which is all u have there. Either u are a kid or an adult with d brain of a kid. Even some kids will do better. The real pharmacists who kn dia onion r in d pharmaceutical industry. Have u heard of pharm. Okoli (emzor pharmaceuticals)? Is she bickering with u guys on dis nonsense. She kns her worth nd has placed herself where she deserves to be. But u have chosen to reduce urself to dispensing drugs nd looking for who is oppressing u. Ur teachers must be ashamed of u. Phantom pointed out smth but u failed to comprehend. Instead u wia asking a childish and stupid question. U have proven u dnt even care about the life of the patient. else u wud av known dat buscopan cud cause life threatening condition if administered for a wrong purpose. But u just want to compete with d doctor thru ur quack practice. U tink all abdominal pain is caused by spasm of d gut? Smh. U feel inferior, dats y u even appended DR to ur moniker. Yet u claim u want international best practices. Did dy tell u quack practice is part of it? I kn u have not traveled out of d shores of this country. Abroad, almost all drugs are dispensed with prescription from d doctor. Dats international best practice. Wat do u guys do here. I kn u must look geometrically older than ur age because of jealousy, envy nd hate. Dnt just die b4 ur time. Stop patrolling a lost cause. If u r tired of dispensing drugs and want to practice medicine, buy jamb form. Write ur exam, pass nd enroll into a medical school. Dia is no short-cut to people's health.

Well said, you can go now!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by joshuapharm(m): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
*coughs*
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by joshuapharm(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
*patient comes into the pharmacy coughing profusely*
patient: Good morning sir, pls can i get a drug for my cough?

Pharmacist: I'm sorry, im not a medical doctor, pls go to the hospital

patient: Ive been to the hospital, the queue is crazy plsss

Pharmacist: Once again, im not a medical doctor, the load of pharmacology and clinicals i did in pharmacy school is not enough pls go to the hospital..

Next day,

*patient comes in holding tummy and screaming*

Pharmacist: Pls go to the hospital oo because i dont know which kind of pain it is..

*patient keeps crying and gruntling*

patient: pls give me a drug to relieve me, i'll go to the hospital afterwards

Pharmacist: Im not a doctor, i dont want to do the job of a doctor so plsss.. its not my fault..

Is this the kind of pharmacy practice you want us to run in Nigeria? When will our medical doctors come off this abysmal ignorance about the pharmacy profession? Why the hate? Cheers!

1 Like

Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by chukel(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
joshuapharm: *patient comes into the pharmacy coughing profusely*

Pharmacist: Once again, im not a medical doctor, the load of pharmacology and clinicals i did in pharmacy school is not enough pls go to the hospital..

Next day,

Pharmacist: Pls go to the hospital oo because i dont know which kind of pain it is..

Pharmacist: Im not a doctor, i dont want to do the job of a doctor so plsss.. its not my fault..

Is this the kind of pharmacy practice you want us to run in Nigeria? When will our medical doctors come off this abysmal ignorance about the pharmacy profession? Why the hate? Cheers!
u want international best practices abi? Overseas, do patients "consult" pharmacists for treatment or do they go to pharmacy/pharmacists with prescription from doctors? Sorry to sound this way, but sometimes ur reasoning is warped. If there are long queue in the hospital, does it not translate to either few doctors or few hospitals. So government shud build more hospitals and/or employ more doctors chikina. Not pharmacists engaging in quack practice.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by phantom(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
adeoladrg:

And what happens if the woman I gave as an example was ur wife and had severe abdominal pain. Yet, the queue to the doctor's office is so looong. What would you do if such a woman rushes to a pharmacy and you are the pharmacist on duty?

I understand the professional dispute part, buh don't let hate becloud your judgment!! Use ur brain sir!

you have even missed my point. let me capitalise it.
DO YOU GIVE BUSCOPAN IN A PATIENT WITH AN ACUTE ABDOMEN SECONDARY TO MECHANICAL OBSTRUCTION OR PARALYTIC ILEUS OGA "I TOO KNOW".

this is what chukel is talking about. as a pharmacist you have rushed to prescribe buscopan TO TREAT THE SYMPTOM.
what is the patients age? any history of glaucoma?

any doctor WORTH HIS SALT will ascertain the nature of that pain.was it sudden? was it gradual? is it colicky? is it steady? any vomittingwhat is the colour of the vomitus?? is it green? on examination ,any abdominal distension
if all signs and symptoms point to intestinal obstruction,confirm with a plain abdominal xray.
if indeed it is mechanical stenoses.... BUSCOPAN IS CONTRAINDICATED.

you see how i approached the management of the patient?? systematic! that is my training
BUT OUR DEAR PHARMACIST HAS HURRIEDLY PRESCRIBED BUSCOPAN.
shes goes,takes buscopan and the pain dissappears.she hails you as the alpha and omega.
in 1 week she comes back to you with intestinal perforation,then you remember you are not a doctor and then SHIP her of to the teaching hospital so the real doctors can perform a miracle. grin grin grin grin
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by chukel(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
phantom:

DO YOU GIVE BUSCOPAN IN A PATIENT WITH AN ACUTE ABDOMEN SECONDARY TO MECHANICAL OBSTRUCTION OR PARALYTIC ILEUS OGA "I TOO KNOW".

this is what chukel is talking about. as a pharmacist you have rushed to prescribe buscopan TO TREAT THE SYMPTOM.

any doctor WORTH HIS SALT will ascertain the nature of that pain.was it sudden? was it gradual? is it colicky? is it steady? any vomittingwhat is the colour of the vomitus?? is it green? on examination ,any abdominal distension
if all signs and symptoms point to intestinal obstruction,confirm with a plain abdominal xray.

you see how i approached the management of the patient?? systematic! that is my training
don't bother ur self. D dude is an unrepentant professional delinquent. He will just add what u have typed to d retinue of his medical knowledge. Dy r just killing patients. Nobody was born a patient. It may be his mother tomorrow.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by joshuapharm(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
chukel: u want international best practices abi? Overseas, do patients "consult" pharmacists for treatment or do they go to pharmacy/pharmacists with prescription from doctors? Sorry to sound this way, but sometimes ur reasoning is warped. If there are long queue in the hospital, does it not translate to either few doctors or few hospitals. So government shud build more hospitals and/or employ more doctors chikina. Not pharmacists engaging in quack practice.

Oh okay cool!

You didnt tell me that that's how they practice abroad. Patients see doctors for every condition ranging from cold to sore throat to skin conditions and the likes? Have you heard of OTC medications? Have you heard of GSL medications? You can't have it all my brother! The pharmacist is the most accessible healthcare professional, patients dont pay nor book appointments to get his professional advice, i guess that's the part that is hard to chew, just chew it anyways, you have no choice.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
joshuapharm: *patient comes into the pharmacy coughing profusely*

Next day,

a good illustration indeed.
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by joshuapharm(m): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
phantom:

shes goes,takes buscopan and the pain dissappears.she hails you as the alpha and omega.
in 1 week she comes back to you with intestinal perforation,then you remember you are not a doctor and then SHIP her of to the teaching hospital so the real doctors can perform a miracle. grin grin grin grin

The boy only mentioned buscopan as an example of a stomach pain relieving drug.. You were quick to capitalize on that and you scored a cheap point, good for you. The boy is pharmacy studdent and has done brilliantly, you've only taken advantage of the knowledge gap, good for you once again.

But it only takes minds like Lagusta to understand his point, he threw a very good question at you and you waved it with all the ileus story.
I'm not in for a war of words with you either clinically or otherwise, ive been through with lalaamed and co. I wont be here to educate ur little as But the truth is just the truth, deal with it boy and chew the hate! Off to paradise!
Re: PHARMACY- The Heart Of The Health Profession. by Samgreguc(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
chukel: u want international best practices abi? Overseas, do patients "consult" pharmacists for treatment or do they go to pharmacy/pharmacists with prescription from doctors? Sorry to sound this way, but sometimes ur reasoning is warped. If there are long queue in the hospital, does it not translate to either few doctors or few hospitals. So government shud build more hospitals and/or employ more doctors chikina. Not pharmacists engaging in quack practice.
am tempted to say u dont knw the international best practise.
BTW, i think there is Over The Counter(OTC) drugs and Prescription only.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Health Benefits Of Fresh Tomatoes / Sex After Delivery / I Am Searching For A Good And Reputable Ear, Nose And Throat (ENT) Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.