Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland (8155 Views)

Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. / Subsea Engineering In UK (university Of Aberdeen VS Cranfield University) / Mba- University Of Aberdeen Vs Heriot-watt University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by hadewal1: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2008
Dear Nairalanders,

I just got admission into the University of Aberdeen to study Integrated Petroleum Geoscience starting September 2008
My uncle is sponsoring me.Can any one please advise on Visa requirement at the UK embassy.

Also as part of the program,I am required to understate a 2 week field trip to the USA in April 2009.What I want to know is,for this trip should I apply for student Visa at US embassy or ordinary visitors Visa

Anticipating your early responses
Thank you
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by bussyjoy: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2008
Just try to be plane and sincere.Dont use any fake document.present all document, bot original and potocopy including ur passport.
let d account statement of ur uncle be clearly printed wit supporting letter from bot ur uncle and bank manager.
for any oda info,u can contact me directly. l will be back to naija latest on friday.
by den my number will be availabu 08056658260
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by celebritee(m): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2008
@ Post

You do not need to apply for any separate Visa from the American Embassy. The sch. takes care of all that when the time is due You only need to take care of your travel fees and feeding, I think. You are supposed to undertake a 2-week field trip to Ohio, USA.

I also applied for the course but was turned down. Reason being that the level of competition for the course was too high and I applied quite late.

What course did you study for your BSc? I assume you read Geology or something related to the field. And when did you throw in your application to Aberdeen? The Msc in IPG is a real solid one. Good luck with it!
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by Gonorrhea(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2008
@Poster

You would have to take care of the American visa yourself my friend

The school would provide the necessary support letter, and you sort it out with the American Embassy!

celebritee:

@ Post
You do not need to apply for any separate Visa from the American Embassy. The sch. takes care of all that when the time is due You only need to take care of your travel fees and feeding, I think. You are supposed to undertake a 2-week field trip to Ohio, USA.

Not exactly true

u have to sort out the visa yourself, the school would provide you with a cover letter detailing enrollment info, reason for trip and other itenary!
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by celebritee(m): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2008
@ Gonorrhea, Thnks for the correction. Cheers!!
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by fineboy6: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2008
hey man, did you make any deposit whatsoever to the school before now?
Becus I also got an unconditional offer to Study Advanced Computer Science (MSC) in the same
university of Aberdeen, but Did not pay any Part of my Fees. hope its not going to affect
my Visa application.
somebody help!!!
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by Gonorrhea(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2008
celebritee:

@ Gonorrhea, Thnks for the correction. Cheers!!

anytime anyday my brother!cheers
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by Gonorrhea(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2008
fine_boy:

hey man, did you make any deposit whatsoever to the school before now?
Becus I also got an unconditional offer to Study Advanced Computer Science (MSC) in the same
university of Aberdeen, but Did not pay any Part of my Fees. hope its not going to affect
my Visa application.
somebody help!!!

as long as you have enough money in your sponsor's bank account, it wont matter if you pay a deposit or not

unless the school insists!

i have read cases of people who pay full fees upfront and still get refused

i hope u get it!goodluck
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by hadewal1: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2008
Thank you all for youur prompt responses

Now to answer some of your questions

1.I read geology for my B.sc University of Calabar 2.2

2.I applied for the course June 02,2008.
Prior to this I had several email communications
with the people in the admissions office asking them about the requirements for the
course as well as if it's not too late to apply
I was told by the admissions people to put as much detail as I can in my STATEMENT OF
PURPOSE stating my work experience and why I want to study the course at Aberdeen

Also I used the head of department in my school as One of my refereesand the other one
was my supervisor during my NYSC in Mobil Lagos.

3.I have not yet applied for my Visa as I am waiting for my acceptance certificate to take attach with the other
documents that I would be taking to the embassy.

I hope I have answered some of your questions

Thank you all again for your responses.Please kind sending more responses so that I
can get a clearer picture of my visa process
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by ammape: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2008
Hello guy, nice to hear about University of Aberdeen, ABDN. Anyway i applied to ABDN too and i was given admission for September 2008 Masters programme MSc in Electroni Commerce Technology. I have been given admission since february 2008. To get more information about applying for your visa with the UK embassy contact me through ayodele@satline.net or 07082257529.

Ayo
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by coi: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2008
you can get the uk visa application form and the guide from this website:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/
the guide will give you step-by-step approach in filling the form. the form is 21 pages but you have selected pages to fill and required information must be real - dont lie oooo.
You can as well obtain the form from the the Uk visa office at address below where you will also submit it after completion(the form is free)
Zenon House, 3rd floor.
2 Ajose adeogun street,
Victoria island. (by eko hotel roundabout).
If you need more professional advise, you can visit
Havard Consults, still at Zenon House (13th Floor)

find attached application form
good luck.

Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by teetalks: 10:44am On Jul 31, 2008
hadewal1:

Thank you all for youur prompt responses

Now to answer some of your questions

1.I read geology for my B.sc University of Calabar 2.2

2.I applied for the course June 02,2008.
Prior to this I had several email communications
with the people in the admissions office asking them about the requirements for the
course as well as if it's not too late to apply
I was told by the admissions people to put as much detail as I can in my STATEMENT OF
PURPOSE stating my work experience and why I want to study the course at Aberdeen

Also I used the head of department in my school as One of my refereesand the other one
was my supervisor during my NYSC in Mobil Lagos.

3.I have not yet applied for my Visa as I am waiting for my acceptance certificate to take attach with the other
documents that I would be taking to the embassy.

I hope I have answered some of your questions

Thank you all again for your responses.Please kind sending more responses so that I
can get a clearer picture of my visa process

you are not alone, that is exactly the the status of my Admission process since
last 2 months, i await the Admission Certificate so as to proceed on Visa Application,
should there be any development (or receive your Certificate) do let me know, i beg
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2008
hadewal1

sorry mt dear without your school fees reciet reciept or telex, am afraid u will not be granted Visa. I have also gotten admission in Glasgow and that was is happening
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by drnonye(m): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2008
Hi
i am currently a student of the uni Aberdeen. But i am here for MSc health science and public health research. Regards applying for the visa, u have 2 take time and plan it. I was refused d 1st time. Make sure the account to use in applying has a source of income. Regards the trip 2 usa. It is true. A lot of Nigerians get the visa as must in oil and gas students in Scotland r Nigerians. When granted, it would b a 2 years visa. You have to make the application your self with evidence u a student of the university. It’s no big deal. There is a 97% chance of getting the visa.
I wish u luck.
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by hadewal1: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2008
Dear all,

Since my Uncle is paying the school fees,do I need to
attach my personal statement of account as well?
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by fineboy6: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2008
hi, drnonye
I applied for Visa on 16/07/2008 and Collection was yestarday but I was told that
it is not ready yet. what does that mean?

Concerning the application process, did you make any initial deposit to the school be4
you were given Visa, because i didn't.
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by drnonye(m): 1:38am On Aug 11, 2008
hadewal1 i don’t think u need 2 show ur bank statement. I guess its only your sponsor that needs 2 present a bank statement. if u have money in ur acc, maybe it would b a good idea 2 add the money 2 ur sponsor's account. But note that while the balance is very important, the source of the money is also important.

fine_boy. yes i made a deposit. Actually, i paid almost all my fees b4 applying 4 visa. But I have friends here that made far less deposit.
i wish u luck guys
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by ephizy360: 2:40am On Aug 11, 2008
Guyz what happens if u pay part of ur fees and u were not able to complete
it during ur skool yr,can u settle that while working after studies?Is your sponsor
going to be held or what?
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by spicesp: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
hi fine_boy,pls how could one apply for admission in this school,is the vacancy still on,if not,when next can one apply.Thanx
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by fineboy6: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2008
log on to www.abdn.ac.uk and you will find all that you need including the courses
requirements and how to apply.
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by seye101(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2008
hi guys, i wanna appply into aberdeen for mba, did u all go through any agent and if u did , how long did it take toget an offer letter from the school,
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by lostknight: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2008
i have a coisin that is goin 4 d same skol in sept, he just summit his application, try n apply 4 urs on time, u r almost behind time
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by anyiboy2(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2008
hadewal1 abeg try give me some info concerning application. i thaught they said it is a minimum of 2.1 to apply for petroleum geology?
pls give me details,
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by jagalo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2008
@Nairaland,

please can someone with a visitor's visa change it to student visa in UK without coming back to apply for student visa in naija.
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by hadewal1: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2008
anyiboy2
[color=#006600:

hadewal1 abeg try give me some info concerning application. i thaught they said it is a minimum of 2.1 to apply for petroleum geology?
please give me details,[/color]
Dear anyibody,

You can apply with a 2.2 so long as u read a course related to geology and GPA
about 3.0 average.And again your statement of purpose is very important.

All the best
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by seye101(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2008
ANyone, pls wat if i have a g.p.a of 2.8 and i want to take an m.b.a do u think i'll be considered?
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by hadewal1: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2008
seye_101:

ANyone, please what if i have a g.p.a of 2.8 and i want to take an m.b.a do u think i'll be considered?

Yes you can still be considered.They need to see your transcript and to know
where the problem was.Also while writing your personal statement mention
the reason for your g.p.a being 2.8,such as may be you were sick,missing result etc
All the best
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by seye101(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2008
tHANKS ADEWALE
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by hadewal1: 9:06am On Aug 29, 2008
I am using my sponsor's foreign account bank statement.How do I show the source of income?
Re: Admission Into University Of Aberdeen Scotland by thomas123: 5:35am On Oct 15, 2008
angry[/color][color=#770077]I Just Want To Know That Will I Be Able To Get Admission In University Of Aberdeen?For January2009 Intake In MSC Information System Course Where i Just Scored 6 Bands Of IELTS sad

(1) (Reply)

The Most Intelligent People In West Africa Are Ghanaians. -CNN / FG Plans To Rehabilitate Public Universities With N1.3 Trillion / Facts That Would Blow Your Mind. Vol 2. Picture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.