Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. (3013 Views)

Subsea Engineering In Cranfield University & Newcastle University / Subsea Engineering In UK (university Of Aberdeen VS Cranfield University) / Aston, Sheffied Or Cranfield For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. by MAKEWAY2029: 3:26pm On May 31, 2012
Hi guys, I really need your help with deciding on university choice as soon as possible. I have got admission to study Subsea Engineering at Cranfield, Newcastle University and University of Aberdeen. I am having a hard time choosing among the 3. I have complete scholarship (PTDF) so cost is not a consideration. I am looking at the reputation of the school with respect to the course, opportunities for employment upon graduation and over all postgraduate school and environment experience.

I would really appreciate responses from your experiences especially guys in the industry and those who have UK schooling experience directly or via friends.

I would appreciate it if you give reasons for your choice. This will help me in my evaluation.

I want to present my school choice by next week. Thanks for your anticipated help.
Re: Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. by debosky(m): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2012
Personally I'd choose Cranfield University - it has the reputation and strong connections with industry, thus giving you a good chance to get a job in the industry afterwards.
Re: Choosing Among Cranfield, Newcastle And Uni Of Aberdeen - Subsea Engineering. by Zechy09: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
I saw this thread late, i guess you have made your choice. If you can still choose uniaberdeen, it would pay you more than cranfield even though cranfield is rated higher. An example is studying engineering in uniport vs sokoto (with sokoto being a better school). You will not have industy touch in you MSc unlike the people that studied in aberdeen. All my modules had people from oil companies around taking a part of it. Shell thought almost 15units. People get jobs around here more than in cranfield. Make a wise choice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

English Language Usage: Of A Disease: To Contact Or Contract? / JAMB Past Questions Solved On - Matrix Part 2 Of 3 (DTW Tutorials) / Mosquitoes Love People With THIS Blood Type!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.