Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie (871 Views)

Osaze Odemwingie Completes Move To Cardiff / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by nanizle(m): 11:43am On Dec 14, 2013
Malky Mackay says Peter Odemwingie is "a joy to work with" ahead of Cardiff City's clash with the striker's old club West Brom.
His spell at the Hawthorns turned sour after he failed in a bid to force a move to QPR in January 2012.
The Nigeria international was criticised in the wake of the collapsed move but Mackay has only positive things to say about the 32-year-old.

"We did our homework on him," Mackay said.

"Had he not been the right kind of person, I wouldn't have brought him in."
Odemwingie moved to Cardiff during the summer transfer window but gained notoriety following a failed move to QPR in the previous January window.

He drove to QPR on deadline-day in a bid to secure a move, only for the deal to fall apart. West Brom manager Steve Clarke said at the time the player had been "very, very badly advised" by his agents.

The former Lokomotiv Moscow player has so far made 12 appearances and scored two goals for Cardiff, and Mackay has been pleased with his summer signing.

"There was a lot of press around Peter concerning that January, in terms of his on-off transfer to QPR," Mackay added.

"He obviously took a lot of stick over that, but I can only speak about the lad that I know.

"I phoned up certain people who played with him and coached him and managed him and they were glowing.

"If they hadn't been, that would have given me cause for concern.

"The boy I have met and I have here is articulate, he speaks four or five different languages, he is intelligent, he has smiled since the day he arrived here and he is very polite too.

"He is a talented footballer and definitely wants to do well for us.

"He has been a joy to work with and he wants to do the best he can for the club, so it has been a really good one for us."

Cardiff go into Saturday's game 16th in the table, a point clear of the relegation zone, and on a five-game winless streak.

#TeamrecallOsaze
He is now a good boy man. grin grin grin
-BBC football
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by plannetgold(m): 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Osaz knows the meaning of commitment when on d field of play. Keep it up.
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by naijanoni(m): 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Praising him when he has failed to score or provide assists.

2 Likes

Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by safarigirl(f): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
naija noni: Praising him when he has failed to score or provide assists.
you dey mind? he wants to sell him as per world cup ish just like Newcastle's coach recommended Ameobi for president, Osaze can speak a thousand languages but he should understand one: HE WON'T MAKE OUR WORLD CUP SQUAD
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by sCun: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
So why do you keep benching him?
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by lexyman(m): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
He 's just tryn to motivate him .... He was once a very good player who can put threat to any defense .
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: you dey mind? he wants to sell him as per world cup ish just like Newcastle's coach recommended Ameobi for president, Osaze can speak a thousand languages but he should understand one: HE WON'T MAKE OUR WORLD CUP SQUAD
I have noticed that you have this uncommon hatred for the guy called Osaze... Una get beaf with each other before?
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by safarigirl(f): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
D.trader:

I have noticed that you have this uncommon hatred for the guy called Osaze... Una get beaf with each other before?
lol @ uncommon beef. Osaze isn't my problem, it's those who want to shove him down our throats that I'm against. If people were clamouring to keep Ideye in the squad, I would have the same arguement. I'm basically against anyone that could cause ill luck to the Super Eagles as my siggy says

1 Like

Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by bizibrain(m): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: lol @ uncommon beef. Osaze isn't my problem, it's those who want to shove him down our throats that I'm against. If people were clamouring to keep Ideye in the squad, I would have the same arguement. I'm basically against anyone that could cause ill luck to the Super Eagles as my siggy says
Seconded, osaze is no doubt a great player, but his call in2 d SE squad may divide d unity and team work keshi is building.
Sometimes winning a game lies nt in individual brilliance but in team work, dats is just wat stil keeps Ideye brown in SE squad.
Re: Cardiff City Manager Showers Praises On Peter Odemwingie by DesChyko1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: ...If people were clamouring to keep Ideye in the squad, I would have the same arguement. I'm basically against anyone that could cause ill luck to the Super Eagles as my siggy says

Messi is often being taunted by his low achievements for his country, which paled in contrast to his club performances. Ideye is suffering the same syndrome, but in a far lower class.

(1) (Reply)

30,000 Akwa Ibom International Staduim Near Completion / Ronaldo: My Girlfriend Steals My Boxers! / The Best Mourinho Quotes Of Chelsea's Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.