Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer (9626 Views)

Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by ozoneprince(m): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nowadays virus have turn many laptops and desktop users to keep formatting there systems,Is your Computer files being infected with viruses ? though there are many Top Free Antivirus Software you can use to scan your computer for virus, malware or other destructive programs but what if the problem persists? In such situation, scanning your computer with Online virus scanner will be the next solution to offer, the interesting part of this online virus scanner is that you don’t have to install them on your computer permanently unlike that of the Anti-virus software ,below are 10 best online antivirus to secure your computer

N/B: Online virus scanners don’t offer real time virus protection like antivirus software and so should never be considered a substitute for an installed antivirus software scanner. But if you suspect your computer is virus infected or your installed antivirus software is missing a threat, an online scanner can be a valuable tool to use. online scanners come to rescue when you can’t install an antivirus in your system because of an existing virus infection.

McAfee FreeScan : McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that ensures you are protected from threats by actively checking your computer for up-to-date anti-virus, firewall, and web security software. It also scans for threats in any open programs.

Jotti’s malware scan : Jotti’s malware scan is a free online service that enables you to scan suspicious files with several anti-virus programs.

F-Secure Online Virus Scanner ; F-Secure Online Scanner helps to get rid of viruses and spyware that may cause problems on your PC, and it works even if you have another security software installed on your computer. F-Secure Online Scanner is easy to use with just a couple of clicks: just download it and run it. It does not leave anything on your PC.

Panda ActiveScan : Panda ActiveScan is one of the best online scanner that detects all types of malware, vulnerabilities and unknown threats.

BitDefender Online Virus Scanner ; Bitdefender QuickScan uses in-the-cloud scanning technology to detect active malware on your system, in under a minute. Because it focuses on active e-threats, the product uses just a fraction of the system resources needed by a regular virus scan
requires no time-consuming virus signature updates, as the detection process is performed by remote Bitdefender servers.

ESET Online Virus Scanner : Using ESET Online Virus Scanner scan your PC for known malware including viruses,threats, worms, Trojans, phishing, and spyware.

Kaspersky Security Scan ; Simple and easy to use virus scanner.

Trend Micro House Call : Trend Micro HouseCall can quickly identify and fix a wide range of threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware.

Virus Total : Virus Total is an another free malware and URL online scanning service for checking and detecting viruses using different antivirus.

avast! Online scanner : avast! Online scanner gives the possibility to check your files quickly. it only scans one file at a time with size not exceeding 16MB.

Hope it helps

http://.com/10-best-online-antivirus-to-secure-your-computer/#sthash.goVbswV2.lWXy2GaL.dpuf

3 Likes

Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Unitedforever(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2013
Yeah!!

Today is a good day smiley

Iyam FTC

Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by ibietela2(m): 10:51am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by ROCKJ1(m): 10:52am On Dec 15, 2013
Thanx for the info.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Slipknot(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2013
With my AVG internet security 2014 and Malwarebyte antivirus.... Am fully protected!
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by AdemolaA2: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2013
thanks buddy!!!
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by dridowu: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2013
Antivirus on point
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by ElGabi(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2013
We don hear.....NEXT
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by B3sty(m): 11:02am On Dec 15, 2013
good.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by REDBULL1(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2013
hmmmmm
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Hardheolar(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2013
Pull over to d next topib
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by wolebaba(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2013
Have your PC even been infected by a Virus which doesn't allow you to start your browser, or run another program, or even install new app?

Then I recommend the kasparski Virus removal tool. Its free and easily install-able.
Its installation writes nothing to the OS registry, hence virus cannot hinder it's installation.

After scanning and removing the virus however download and install the Microsoft Security Essential antivirus and ensure it is regularly updated.

Be safe y'all!!!!
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2013
Smadav is a very good one,.,it doesn't even need updatin lyk avast and AVG

2 Likes

Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by stano2(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2013
Interesting
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by vanguard1(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2013
Op thanks a lot.
Please you all should do well to follow this thread. www.nairaland.com/1556147/first-nairaland-non-mod-organized-multiple#20234465
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Unitedforever(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: Smadav is a very good one,.,it doesn't even need updatin lyk avast and AVG

Smadav is good but what will you do if there's a new set of virus in which smadav can't detect since it can't be updated..
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by suco50(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2013
@OP: Thought there should be a link attached to each of the online antivirus in your list to assist in harnessing them easily undecided
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2013
always kapersky cool
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2013
Unitedforever:

Smadav is good but what will you do if there's a new set of virus in which smadav can't detect since it can't be updated..
ah dont tink it wont be able to detect it meanwhile ah use d three
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by nickz(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2013
IN 'G-DATA' anti-virus I TRUST
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Kissalive2012(m): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]To get jamb help call 08094441776.[b]To get jamb help call 08094441776.[/b]To get jamb help call 08094441776.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Unitedforever(m): 11:35am On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: ah dont tink it wont be able to detect it meanwhile ah use d three

Three is too much for your p.c na..

You should reduce it to two or one cool
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Emmyk(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2013
Unitedforever:

Three is too much for your p.c na..

You should reduce it to two or one cool
yea ah know...it's just smadav n avast dat is active
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by MuniruA(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2013
Can somebody give me mcfee antivirus registratn code/key. D 1 i av will soon expire. Inbox me@rashyydadygun@gmail.com. Thanks in advance
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Unitedforever(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: yea ah know...it's just smadav n avast dat is active

That's cool..I use smadav basically for flash drives and Avast for the rest.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by akereconfi: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2013
Thank You................. I stick with my Norton Internet Security

1 Like

Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by sarutobie(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2013
Used bitdefender years back.it isn't common here but that antivirus software is as tight as Alcatraz prison.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by akereconfi: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2013
Elantracey: Smadav is a very good one,.,it doesn't even need updatin lyk avast and AVG

I use smadav also but that stuff is Poo. It can't detect major and risky virus. It can even detect the presence of spyware on ur system. You wouldn't understand if you are not into using your system for business (Credit cards etc). I fear spyware (remote keyloggers) so I always keep my Norton on auto update
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by ichommy(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thanks OP.
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Avast 2014 is out
Re: 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
akereconfi:

I use smadav also but that stuff is Poo. It can't detect major and risky virus. It can even detect the presence of spyware on ur system. You wouldn't understand if you are not into using your system for business (Credit cards etc). I fear spyware (remote keyloggers) so I always keep my Norton on auto update
I've used norton before. Believe me it's crap

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clean Nec Laptop Intel Inside Processor L.e.d Screen 4gb Ram And 320gb Hdd / Is Tablet Pc's Taking Laptops Out Of Fashion? / Danish Used Sony Vaio Pcg71211m I5 Intel Core For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.