Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. (1840 Views)

z / My In - Laws Are Not Happy With Me. / I'm Not Happy With My Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Lilyluv028(f): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Please,all mothers in the house i need your advice on what to do,My one year old baby has not started croly not to talk of walking,am scared don't know what to do.pls tell me what to do.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Eyop: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
That's not normal. I will advice you go to any church you know that God sure exist there for prayers.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by bellong: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
You don't have to panic, some children are late starters while some are early starters. The first step to do is to see a paediatrician for a thorough check to ascertain it is not a medical problem. If he is given a clean bill of health, be patient he will walk when he is ready to.

You can however encourage him with a walker. Although the Canadian association of Paeditricians kick against walker for babies. In all, do not be disturbed nor panic, he will walk when he is ready to..

1 Like

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Eyop: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
@ Bellong she said the baby has not even started crawling so that's why i advice is not normal for 1year.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by bellong: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Eyop: @ Bellong she said the baby has not even started crawling so that's why i advice is not normal for 1year.

There is nothing abnormal about it. Some babies are very lazy and fearful, they even find it difficult to crawl. Her baby is not the first neither will he be the last.

It is not everytime we ascribe spiritual challenges to issues. She needs to be sure if it is not a medical problem before exploiting other options. Yes, I believe in prayers
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Eyop: 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
bellong:

There is nothing abnormal about it. Some babies are very lazy and fearful, they even find it difficult to crawl. Her baby is not the first neither will he be the last.

It is not everytime we ascribe spiritual challenges to issues. She needs to be sure if it is not a medical problem before exploiting other options. Yes, I believe in prayers

Its OK then
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Illuminatus(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2013
Stop panicing. Some kids don't crawl till about fourteen months.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by MumZ(f): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Like Bellong said go c ur pediatrician, if his given a clean health bill, den dere's no prob. Some childrn r late starters especially if dey fat. Jst go c ur doc b4 u start tinkn d worse. Its well.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by EfemenaXY: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lilyluv028: Please,all mothers in the house i need your advice on what to do,My one year old baby has not started croly not to talk of walking,am scared don't know what to do.pls tell me what to do.

Follow Bellong's advice and see your child's doctor to rule out any medical issues.

If all's well (medically) then just exercise a bit more patience. Do you know that some babies skip the crawling phase entirely? These babies are what we commonly call 'bottom shufflers' as per they move with their bum whilst sitting. smiley smiley

So don't worry too much about it. In the meantime, you can place a colourful, moving toy in front of him. That might encourage him to 'go for' it.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Lilyluv028(f): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
Tell u the truth am just scared because a friend of mine i gave birth before her,her baby has started walking,so why is my own different.i cry everyday for God to answer my prayer.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Lilyluv028(f): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Tell u the truth am just scared because a friend of mine i gave birth before her,her baby has started walking,i have taken he to see the doctor,the doctor said there is noting wrong with the legs.but my baby does not even show sign of crawling or walking.he is just on the floor playing.why is my own different.i cry everyday for God to answer my prayer.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Lilyluv028(f): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
bellong:

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lilyluv028: Tell u the truth am just scared because a friend of mine i gave birth before her,her baby has started walking,so why is my own different.i cry everyday for God to answer my prayer.

Fingers are not equal. Children's growth milestones progress differently. And that include kids from same womb.

After ruling out any medical complications by a paediatrician ( X-rays and possibly placed on calcium supplement ), now it's time to start physical therapy with him atleast 2-3times a day with a walker. It doesn't matter if the baby doesn't crawl yet, lift him up and put his hands on a walker , assist him with movements (2-3steps/therapy). You can use the following toys if you have the luxury to purchase them.

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
The first Toy costs less than $10 while the other one $35.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by MrsAwesome: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
She might skip the crawling. See the pediatrician to certify her okay medically then see a physiotherapist to work on her.
But she can sit and hold up her head right..........yes?
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Toyinletstalk(f): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lilyluv028: Tell u the truth am just scared because a friend of mine i gave birth before her,her baby has started walking,i have taken he to see the doctor,the doctor said there is noting wrong with the legs.but my baby does not even show sign of crawling or walking.he is just on the floor playing.why is my own different.i cry everyday for God to answer my prayer.

You have nothing to worry about at all. My mum started walking when she was 3 and she never crawled. all she did was sat for 3 years and stood up one day to walk.

just like every other person has said, some kids are too afraid to launch out, but give him more time, he will move at his own speed, you cannot rush him.
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by bellong: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lilyluv028: Tell u the truth am just scared because a friend of mine i gave birth before her,her baby has started walking,so why is my own different.i cry everyday for God to answer my prayer.

First parenting mistake... Never ever compare your child with another, its a blunder that kills the child's self-esteem. If you do not stop this comparison at this early stage, it will sink into your sub-conscious and you will keep comparing the poor boy with his peers as time goes on. With time, you will remind him of how he couldn't walk fast like his contemporaries and how sluggish he is with life.

Please, I urge you not to ever compare your child with another. Every child is unique and take to life in their own time. Parents are only to guide them in the path to follow that do not lead to destruction and not to raise standard of achievement for them.

Even the popular baby website "babycenter.com", has this caveat in all their developmental write up, "Remember, your baby is an individual. All babies are unique and meet milestones at their own pace. Developmental guidelines simply show what your baby has the potential to accomplish — if not right now, then soon. If your baby was premature, keep in mind that kids born early usually need a bit more time to meet their milestones. If you have any questions at all about your baby's development, ask your healthcare provider."

Mrs, nothing is wrong with your baby since medical professionals have given him a clean bill of health. Be patient, you will be surprised that when he starts to walk, he will dare what those that started before him can't do.

Please and please, stop the comparison..

2 Likes

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by greatgod2012(f): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Is your baby the first born? If yes, then, that may be one of the reasons, as in there is no one ahead of him in form of a kid or kids to drag him about, and i'm sure you the parents have also not been doing that.
There is nothing wrong with him, don't worry, he will just surprise you one day the way i surprised my parent when i was a year and 4 months, they said i refused to walk at 1:4 until an uncle of ours came around and put me and a cat in a room, left us for about 3 minutes before opening the door, they said, immediately the door was opened, i ran out with my 2 legs and that was how i started walking.

Madam, i'm not asking you to lock your child and a cat in a room o, but what i'm saying is that, an event may happen which will let you know that there is nothing wrong with your child.

And one more thing, stop comparing your child with another child, he is a unique individual, with his own unique way of doing and reacting to things.
My regards to him.

2 Likes

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by cbrass(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hmmm...I dnt knw much about all this baby stuff. Mayb you should bring in a big dog- like a Bullmastiff to scare the hell out of him...he may work then. "A desperate disease requires a dangerous thereapy"

1 Like

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 15, 2013
cbrass: Hmmm...I dnt knw much about all this baby stuff. Mayb you should bring in a big dog- like a Bullmastiff to scare the hell out of him...he may work then. "A desperate disease requires a dangerous thereapy"

Really?

Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by Lilyluv028(f): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2013
Thank u guys for all ur wonderful advices am so happy to know there noting wrong with my baby.thanks
Re: Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. by cbrass(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ewuro707:

Really?

Ahahah..don't mind me ooo...BULLMASTIFFS are ferocious dogs oo..just kidding anyway grin[quote author=Ewuro707]

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Christians Condemn Divorcing A Cheating Partner. / Meticulous Till Death: Gani Fawehinmi's Will / My Sister Is Missing & i Suspects My Father. Pls Advice Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.