Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria (17651 Views)

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
mad nigerian:

Why do you think that GEJ would win the election/ Is it because he is a Southerner? or because he has actually performed(no he hasnt)?

Sadly, in this country, you and the Northerners you oppose are voting for your rights to chop money, not development.

PDP had failed us . Time we tried APC...not because they are good, or because I like them, but so that we learn to vote out bad performers.

And if APC does not perform, we vote em out in 2019..and bring back PDP....who would have learned their lesson and sat up!

I will not vote GEJ because he is my fellow Southerner and my fellow Christian.

Hmmm....very IMPRESSIVE. I don't like either of the party, and I dont intend voting either of them...but I think you have given me a good reason to vote for APC! Your analysis might work, Who knows?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by madnigerian: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
harde2lah:
Hmmm....very IMPRESSIVE. I don't like either of the party, and I dont intend voting either of them...but I think you have given me a good reason to vote for APC! Your analysis might work, Who knows?

It might...but knowing Nigerians.....they don't care who is in charge...so long as opportunity to chop dey!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by khamas19: 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Flyboy Zee:
The same way you (the I D I O T) managed to type.

or should I just rather say:
How did this I D I O T (you) manage to use a keyboard/pad?

..no doubt..words of wisdom from across the Niger..i know ur kind..

a time is coming when u will curse the name/heritage

ur father gave u...not too long now..
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by whitecat007: 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
Simple as abc. We tried PDP it didn't work. Now lets try APC and if it doesn't work, we will try another one and keep going till we get it right.
harde2lah:

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Eneze1(f): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
mad nigerian:

It might...but knowing Nigerians.....they don't care who is in charge...so long as opportunity to chop dey!

GBAM, a lot of people clamoring here for one party or the other is not because of good leadership, but as long as the opportunity to chop and fill their pocket is available to them, they don't care

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by size38: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pls , pls enough of this GEJ bullshit. Why are we all celebrating incompetence and corruption of this Administration?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by madnigerian: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Eneze1:

GBAM, a lot of people clamoring here for one party or the other is not because of good leadership, but as long as the opportunity to chop and fill their pocket is available to them, they don't care

Yes, unfortunately smiley

Take for example, the appointment of vice chancellors in any Nigerian unviersity.

You can be the first Nigerian president of Harvard in the US....and then you come home and offer your service to a Nigerian university. But, no they won't have you because you are not of the host tribe tribe...and by extension you will never allow them to chop money!

Even if you are of the same tribe as the host...you must allow some chopping or else.

Nigerians!....oil addicted, Dutch diseased economy!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by packman: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
[size=40pt]I SWEAR[/size]

[size=20pt]IF I WAS A MODERATOR I WOULD BAN THIS GUY

FOR THIS RUBBISH POST

AND IF I WAS A ADMINISTRATOR I WOULD BAN THE SHITTY

MODERATOR THAT BROUGHT THIS POST TO THE FRONT PAGE

ALL THIS MODS SHOULD BETTER RESPECT THEMSELVES OOO

ITS NEW YEAR BETTER CHANGE TO A NEW SYSTEM OOO [/size]

[size=40pt]NO BE JOKE[/size]
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
whitecat007: Simple as abc. We tried PDP it didn't work. Now lets try APC and if it doesn't work, we will try another one and keep going till we get it right.
GBAM!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Daddi: 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
omanzo02: How do u expect GEJ to live up to full expectation with all the distractions and effort sabotage thrown in his path?, The cabals strategy is DON'T LET WORK SUCCESSFULLY and they won't give up without a fight, I foresaw this happening in 2011, it's Nigerians that should rally round GEJ to keep the cabals at bay, being the president and the powers at it disposals are not enough to win against the cabals, only when Nigerians are behind him the cabals will understand the game is over.

one of the best posts so far.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by bamto(m): 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva, I must first commend you for consistently maintaining a polite language and disciplined mien inspite of some provocative comments and abusive attacks on this thread. Kudos. You are one of the few lone voices of decorum on this forum. May you produce more of your kind!

To the topic, I quite agree that the political state of a nation largely defines its economic and developmental life. However, I am not convinced GEJ is sincere enough to wear the shoes you graciously bequeath him. I rather think his recent squabbles with OBJ is a fall out of the latter's threat to his ambition. His pretentious corruption crusade, his little economic growth stories, and his fight with some of the old cargoes are all targeted at returning to power. GEJ, like most- if not all- Nigerian politicians are all about personal interests, and not our common interest.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Saintp(m): 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
BigBen10:
if everybody is a thief oya provide the saint. At least we must have good leaders.

I hate seeing these e-fights for pro and opposing camps in this forum. Its nt worth it at all. All these guys they are fighting over are all thieves. I'll prefer an objective analysis instead of this blind support people exhibit here.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by BigBen10: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
Saintp:

I hate seeing these e-fights for pro and opposing camps in this forum. Its nt worth it at all. All these guys they are fighting over are all thieves. I'll prefer an objective analysis instead of this blind support people exhibit here.
am not supporting anybody APC or PDP am just saying we don't look for good leaders in this country. We always support the old n popular politicians as if we don't have an option. is dere anything wrong with Nigerians going out in mass to vote for a little known party with a little known candidate with a good manifesto.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
if Jonathan improves electricity this year he will win re-election
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Emperor007: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
Soverign or National Conference is long over due.

GEJ should pull it through ( national conference that would be validated via referendum, NASS shouldn't be the body to decide for Nigerians ) and for ever write his name in gold.

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by 50calibre(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
True words! Jonathan is a classic case of "lesser of two evils". Nigeria's wealth has been controlled & plundered by the same set of people, these same people have been hovering around the political scene for decades.

While Jonathan presence does create some kind of equilibrium, in my opinion I must say Jonathan has failed to address the pertinent issues plaguing the country. Poverty is at an all time high, no jobs, education is in a dilapidated state, no security, terrorism, corruption, instead, he chases after trivialities like cassava bread, bullet proof cars..... it seems Jonathan is interested in only elevating the lives of his kith & kin.

It really sad Nigeria hasn't got great revolutionaries, people who could bring about drastic change by any means possible. Nigeria needs a violent clean-up, so much toxic in the form of old, clueless, corrupt leaders past & present, these guys are cancerous to Nigeria's well being.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by TonySpike: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
In Nigeria, our leaders are full of empty and vain promises. I've spent 5 days, so far, in this country and I've only been 'opportuned' to experience electricity for just a total of 12 hours. This is just about 10% efficiency and actually very disappointing. Still, I wonder why some nincompoops keep yelling "Fresh air". So sickening...
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by DonaldGenes(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
On a flipside,my only real concern about GEJ reign is that corruptions seems to be the order of the day.okay,let me explain further
Morally and literally speaking, I expected GEJ to simply ask any of his minister fingered or alleged to be corrupting his ot herself to resign honourable-But the reverse is the case, His 'Body language' is telling us that he can't exert his power in issues like that.
I don't have the strenght to talk abeg.
To whom power is given,much is expected of'
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by DonaldGenes(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Tony Spike: In Nigeria, our leaders are full of empty and vain promises. I've spent 5 days, so far, in this country and I've only been 'opportuned' to experience electricity for just a total of 12 hours. This is just about 10% efficiency and actually very disappointing. Still, I wonder why some nincompoops keep yelling "Fresh air". So sickening...

Another word from you i will arrest,kick-butt you and deport you for eating our food,sampling our qirls and having the temerity to spew that crab..Do you think this is Liberia?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by irokop(m): 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
packman: [size=40pt]I SWEAR[/size]

[size=20pt]IF I WAS A MODERATOR I WOULD BAN THIS GUY

FOR THIS RUBBISH POST

AND IF I WAS A ADMINISTRATOR I WOULD BAN THE SHITTY

MODERATOR THAT BROUGHT THIS POST TO THE FRONT PAGE

ALL THIS MODS SHOULD BETTER RESPECT THEMSELVES OOO

ITS NEW YEAR BETTER CHANGE TO A NEW SYSTEM OOO [/size]

boy get understanding and get wisdom ok

[size=40pt]NO BE JOKE[/size]
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Smooyis(m): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
luvinhubby: If there is one shift that I have observed under Goodluck, it is the wider acceptability of elections conducted under his watch, starting from the 2010 Anambra elections to the last one. The elections, so far, clearly reflects the opinion of the vast majority in the areas conducted.
What most of us do not understand is that there is a particular group of military officers and powerful civilians that participated in the events that led up to and the civil war itself that believes that Nigeria is a `spoil` of their war and that they will personally chose who governs it at their whims & caprices. People like Obj, Danjuma, Ibb, Jerry Useni, Buhari etc. And GEJ never featured in their strategy.
I agree that GEJ has not lived up to expections, neither has any of our past and present leaders, both PDP and APC governors included, but in Goodluck, I see a better opportunity for Nigeria to break free from the imperial shackles of these ungodly kingmakers and over-greedy political leaders.
The main reason for Niger delta militancy was not development, but the fact that more oil is been bunkered by the crooked politicians and retired soldiers than what Nigeria officially exports and the owners of this oil are not benefitting from it.
The purpose of the fury of the likes of OBJ, El-Rufai, IBB and these politicians is the fact the GEJ re-channeled the source of their crude oil bunkering to Niger Delta militants and is working hand-in-hand with them, hence the open access to free money has been taken away from them and they are fighting to get it back.
The only cause of any political maneuvering and conflict in Nigeria is about who controls the oil, legally and illegally and GEJ is the only one that has deprived these greedy fellows access to it.
Most of the issues raised against him can be summarized in two, security and justice delivery system, and we know that one was borne out politico-religious extremism and the other is an issue that needs strong legislation.
For me, I look beyond what GEJ has done or not done right or wrong, but what he represents for the future political leadership in Nigeria,an opportunity to break away from a greedy sink-hole of our political class.
I think you have some points here even though I do no support GEJ blindly like some people do. I love him as a person but not his style of administration. But I subscribe that many of our leaders are fighting him today not because of the interest they have for we the masses, but for their selfish reasons.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by theoctopus: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
What I like about this thread is the fact that it has sent the Tinubu worshippers into a frenzy and a spiral! Why? Because they have used a worng strategy to sell APC to the masses and that strategy is going to be their undoing. Even in a thread like this, they keep makin statements like GEJ is a massive failure. Guess what? It is coming back to hunt them. As the masses get to know more and more of GEJ's achievements, they begin to see these APC folks as liar and deceivers who have been selling them falsehood just to bring GEJ down. The reverse effect of that is a new and growing hatred for APC. All over social media, the new question is "I thought they said GEJ has done nothing". Anytime a new project is showcased, the same question is echoed by many. Those who travelled for the Christmas season and passed through good roads for the first time in many years almost can believe it. They cant reconcile what they are seeing on the ground with what the papers have been printing as headlines.

The end result will be only one thing. It will turn into big hatred for APC soon. The APC should have pushed a new ideology for Nigeria instead of a war against Jonathan. They would have subtly admitted GEJ's stride while promising they will do much better and who how they would. But their whole campaign has been one way: that is, GEJ is a total failure and a devil and we want the power to return to the north. The only thing that kind of campaign will achieve is a division of Nigeria along tribal, religious and regional lines and there are now only two possible outcomes. 1. Either GEJ wins and continues (because the APC cannot and will not win) and the cabal will forever be shut out or 2. they push things to the extreme and Nigeria implodes. Either way, the Niger Delta and other Nigerian minorities will still emerge winners.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by theoctopus: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Donalð Genes: On a flipside,my only real concern about GEJ reign is that corruptions seems to be the order of the day.okay,let me explain further
Morally and literally speaking, I expected GEJ to simply ask any of his minister fingered or alleged to be corrupting his ot herself to resign honourable-But the reverse is the case, His 'Body language' is telling us that he can't exert his power in issues like that.
I don't have the strenght to talk abeg.
To whom power is given,much is expected of'

Most of you who make this kind of statements say it out of ignorance or just trying to follow the trend. What do you mean by corruption used to be the order of the day? Actually, corruption is far less now than it has ever been. The difference now is that things are more open. You never heard of most of the massive corruption under OBJ because they were well covered and shielded. Most of the corruption accusations against OBJ came out during the Yaradua a years. People like FFK were very corrupt but were completely shielded during the OBJ rule. No on ehad access to government documents and no one could see the complete budget items. Now, we can all see it. For example, someone wrote that GEJ was spending so much on food. The question is, did OBJ spend less? Did Yaradua spend less? The answer is no. They actually spent much more. But the difference is that, unlike back then, you now know the actual figures spent. Does that mean there is more corruption now. Absolutely NO. What you have now is more transparency and openess in government

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
People are so bent on something that no matter how u reason with them, they can never learn or understand or change their opinion. Think of issues like football, politics, religious beliefs etc, these r examples of daily issues that no two persons will ever agree about. So no need to argue here in nairaland. Well its what makes nairaland interesting. Now to the op, y'all shud take a breath n understand him. Those saying we have tried PDP let's now try APC., the reason Gej is there is by chance. There never knew, so it actually was a mistake made by these cabals, a mistake they will b too careful never to repeat.just watch out. Every president and vice president will now b someone they trust. The never really bothered about loyalty when it comes to VP. So they put Jonathan there as figure head. Now he's showing them pepper they r ranting like fowl wey hawk carry it's chicks. This mistake will never happen again, bet me n we will never have a president that is a common person like Jonathan. Una go keep trying to vote but it will never work. Vote for God's kingdom as the only solution to mankind's problems.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by theoctopus: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
How can anyone say lets try APC? Are they knew to power? Is Buhari, Atiku, El Rufai, Fashola, etc new to power? Dont they have a pedigree we can look to? Tinubu has become a modern day gangster reapind Lagos to pieces and someone says we should try him at the center? Buhari has been a bigot for over 40 years and still counting and was a big crook under the PTF era even supporting Abacha eveil reign and massive corruption, yet someone says we should try him? Fashola has been a despot for 7 yars, stealing Lagos blind and whitewashing everywhere and someone says we should try him? What a joke. Now, to make matter really worse, APC has gone to meet IBB, Atiku and OBJ to come steer their ship. This is such a big joke. grin

I have only one question for APC folks. What does a political marriage of Buhari, Tinubu, IBB, Atiku, OBJ hope to produce? How can such a political alliane produce a change in Nigeria? Please just tell me how?
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by raziboi(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Afam4eva:
People do different things for different reasons. Obasanjo supported Jonathan because he saw Jonathan as someone he could pocket but he was wrong. Do you think Obasanjo would have written that letter if Jonathan was still saying "Yes Sir" to him? I doubt that very much.
u av a point ....jonathan will still win...
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by alivetofuckonly(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2014
Guy e be like say u be 1 of the thugs weh jonathan don bribe for him campaign otherwise u must be under the influence of igbo. You no know the meaning of catalyst abi you no go school. How u go talk say jonathan na catalyst of change. Person weh no dey self-motivated na hm go come catalyze change. Even if much is to be expected from subsequent eastern presidents, a dull pioneer will definitely (no matter how little) discourage the masses about them. Forget world democracy o. We know how naija democracy is done. He can't even compare to yar'adua let alone obj Catalyst ko...bomb ni

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by esilove(m): 2:33am On Jan 07, 2014
Obiagelli: gullible piece of crap, i opened this Page to read policies but end up with bull poo. Op you are a sycophant.
for calling this guy sycophant, u dont undstnd english. This guy make sense jor. Through this political shake-up Nigeria will change for good
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Litmus: 3:29am On Jan 07, 2014
Like Fash of Lagos, old Johhny appears already to be changing things for the better. This is the impression i get from people with no political affiliation.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 07, 2014
mikeansy: if Jonathan improves electricity this year he will win re-election
Even if GEJ tackles electricity successfully they will come up with another excuse to try to vote him out, that's why most state govts in the SW and some parts of the North are not doing anything to improve power generally in their reegion. I marvel at the way their counterparts in the SS and SE are making Giant strides in the power development of their states, and its visible to all.
GEJ will win the 2015 P.Elections not because of mere sentiments but because most Nigerians would see him as the best chance of restructuring Nigeria again and changing her from the old order, any new president would come across as a new thief with the intention to start stealing from the scratch.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Martini101(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2014
Omo_Tier1:

If you call acts of cowardice boldness, then I really cannot help you that much. How on earth does the following amount to boldness:

1. Increase fuel prices in January 2012 without first thinking through the 'appropriate' palliative measures to cushion the reverberating effects of such insidious policy?

2. Allowing the universities in the nation to go on strike for 6 months, rather than engage them in meaningful discussion, decided to play politics by alleging that the Universities lecturers were doing the bidding of the opposition political parties. Good six months, millions of student were made to stay at home with economic activities stifled in most towns who hitherto depend on these students for survival.

3. Bleeding the excess crude account savings from nearly $10bn to deficit, leaving the Nigeria state seriously exposed to another international economic crisis that may leave millions of Nigeria poorer.

4. Allowing Federal Health workers to go on strike for weeks, stifling the Health sector reforms hitherto embarked upon by His predecessors. Today, many Federal Health institutions are on their knees and the Primary and Maternity Health centers scattered across the country are dysfunctional.

5. Allowing corruption to reign alingo in every facet of the society, with Federal civil service now seemingly another synonym for corruption.

I can go on and on, but it is clear to any sane Nigerian that there is nothing bold about President Jonathan whether when He was a substantive president or even now when it comes to Him taking the initiatives that would improve the fortunes of Nigerians. Jonathan only 'seems' to bare His fangs when He 'interests' and that of His cronies are threatened.

I dare this OP to tell Nigerians, one bold decision Jonathan has taken that has resulted in more money in their pocket.
. And all the past Presidents were innocent of these allegations? Stop being myopic and try to see from the OP point of view.
Re: Jonathan Will Be The Catalyst Of Change In Nigeria by Martini101(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2014
whitecat007: Simple as abc. We tried PDP it didn't work. Now lets try APC and if it doesn't work, we will try another one and keep going till we get it right.
. So we should be doing TRIAL and ERROR wit NIGERIA abi? Na wa for you oh! Irrespective of the fact that we havent seen too much from this administration, it is still the best out of every other one. Forget all the media propaganda from the opposition, they (APC) are not a better alternative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking: again Court grants Dasuki Bail / Electoral Act: NASS Plans To Override President Buhari This Week - Sen Olujimi / Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.