Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? (1305 Views)

Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! ยท Pastor Chris / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by BCELLS(m): 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nairalanders!.. Is it right for a man of God a prophet to be precise pay reverence to a king?Does the bible support this act or against itI reckon that it is outright outrageous for a man of God to bow down before a king that engage in idolatry....can we have your take on this?
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by Kelvin4224: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Romans 13:7

King James Version (KJV)

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by BCELLS(m): 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kelvin4224: Romans 13:7

King James Version (KJV)

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
I partly concur I don't think that text is literally referring to men of God...!How would you feel if you saw your pastor that preaches the word of God on the pulpit everyday prostrated before a worldly king?
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by okeyxyz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kelvin4224: Romans 13:7

King James Version (KJV)

It's refreshing to see people who identify as christians, yet have not abandoned logic and common sense. Good one.

Sadly, OP seems to be in the camp of disregard of all legal and cultural authorities. Trying to make christianity a usurper.
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by BCELLS(m): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
okeyxyz:

It's refreshing to see people who identify as christians, yet have not abandoned logic and common sense. Good one.

Sadly, OP seems to be in the camp of disregard of all legal and cultural authorities. Trying to make christianity a usurper.
if you are religious you will comprehend my points.
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by okeyxyz(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
B_CELLS: if you are religious you will comprehend my points.

Bros, I am a very religious person. i also understand that my religion does not usurp secular/state values and institutions. Why don't you give regard to the bible passage that says "render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's..". You being a christian does not exempt your from observing state/legal protocols and institutional hierarchies. When you get to your church, then by all means exercise your doctrines to the fullest, within your church. The king's palace or the presidential villa or govt ministry is not your church.
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by iamSi(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
... And who is Not man of God here and how do we really know a man of God... I still don't understand...
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by libertyfather(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Prostration for a king is not worshiping him, its just a greeting....so man of God should not greet a king?
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by SalC: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2013
There's nothing wrong with that.
Re: Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings? by mumumugu(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2013
Why should you worship a king

(1) (Reply)

The Founda Of Jehovah's Witnesses Was Occultic ~with Picture Evidence~ / The Issue Of Tithe. / Happy 25th Anniversary Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.