Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

License 2 Kill - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / License 2 Kill (12167 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: License 2 Kill by adebayo201: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2013
monachy: this grant must b high on some vampire weeds to face n conquer a master vampire ... ride on bro this grant must b high on some vampire weeds to face n conquer a master vampire ... ride on bro grin

lol baba hope say u dey follow this film like this?!

1 Like

Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 31, 2013
adebayo201:

lol baba hope say u dey follow this film like this?!

omo, Nawao 4 u, na Ed Harbinger nah...
I don correct am nah
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year pals.

2mao gonna be ah blast.
Re: License 2 Kill by Wase20019: 1:22am On Jan 01, 2014
d michael: Happy new year pals.

2mao gonna be ah blast.
Bring it on
Re: License 2 Kill by adebayo201: 4:10am On Jan 01, 2014
d michael: Happy new year pals.

2mao gonna be ah blast.
can't wait!
bring it on!

HNY!
Re: License 2 Kill by nobleDream(f): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year All!
Re: License 2 Kill by bufness(m): 4:49am On Jan 02, 2014
where z d micheal angry
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 02, 2014
guy cum update nah
Re: License 2 Kill by Wase20019: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2014
monachy: guy cum update nah
Oh boy your blood they hot oo, but na true sha make d guy come give us new year gift.
HAPPY NEW YR 2 DMICHEAL and his SIS
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2014
Wase20019:
Oh boy your blood they hot oo, but na true sha make d guy come give us new year gift.
HAPPY NEW YR 2 DMICHEAL and his SIS
xame 2 u dude.
Re: License 2 Kill by IamDejman(m): 10:49am On Jan 02, 2014
d michael: xame 2 u dude.
when are u updating
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2014
"Grant. You left me to die."
"Wait just a second." He lifted his hands defensively. "It isn't like that. They would have gotten me too. If I left that hatch open, we would both be dead."
I tried to look nonviolent. That is difficult when you are a hulking, scar-faced brute of a man. I kept slowly closing distance. The Hunters from Jack's team that had been speaking with him sensed serious trouble and backed away.
"You left me behind." I was directly in front of him now.
The railing was to his back and he had nowhere to go. He must have sensed what was coming because he tried to duck. It did not work.

I felt great satisfaction as his nose broke with an audible crunch under my meaty fist. His legs buckled and he started to fall.
I grabbed him by his neck guard and jerked him around until he was facing me. Blood was streaming down his face. He tried to perform an aikido wrist lock to break my grasp, but I was far too strong and angry to fall for that. I slammed him backwards into the railing.
"Do you know how to swim?" I asked coldly.
"Pitt, it wasn't my fault, please wait…" he begged. I punched him solidly again, this time in the mouth, smashing his lips and cracking a few teeth. My cup was not exactly overflowing with mercy.
"I said: Do. You. Know. How. To. Swim?"
"No, please. I'm sorry."
"You had best be a quick learner then," I said as I lifted him off of his feet, and heaved him over the railing.

I stepped away, not even bothering to watch him hit the water. That had felt really good. I was not worried about him drowning. In a moment of unusual kindness that surprised even me, I had hit the button to activate the emergency flotation device on his harness before tossing him. I can be a jerk, but I'm no monster.
Jack moved in front of me. He did not look happy. All of the other Hunters had come running to see what the commotion was about. From the looks on their faces I was guessing that they had seen Grant take his plunge.
"What the hell was that?" he demanded.
"He left me for dead back there. He left me in a room with a vampire and some wights. He slammed the door in my face, and he apologized before he did it. Son of a bitch is lucky I didn't just shoot him in the head."
The former SF man studied me. He signaled one of his men. "Throw Jefferson a rope."
"He isn't going to drown. I turned on his CO2 before I tossed him over."
"I'm not worried about him drowning, idiot. I'm worried that all of the wight meat in the water has riled up the sharks and they're going to chew on his pompous ass."
Crap. I hadn't thought about sharks. Oh well. I went back to my Gatorade.

The sun was setting over the bow of the ship. The fourteen surviving members of the MHI teams were gathered on the deck in a rough semicircle, illuminated in our ragged exhaustion by the fading golden rays. Grant Jefferson had been safely retrieved from the water and was standing as far away from me as was possible, with a giant, white cotton swab shoved into each nostril.

Harbinger had not been happy, and had promised to talk to both of us later. I was not looking forward to that, and I just hoped that it did not end up with me being terminated.
Julie had cataloged all of the valuable cargo. None of the artwork had been lost. The others had found her excitedly browsing through an open cargo container filled with priceless art. Not being a fan of painting, all of the French artwork looked like bunches of colored dots to me. She had not been very happy when she had heard about what I did to her boyfriend. The look she gave me had been oddly similar to the one that she had given that first vampire before she had shafted it through the heart.

All of the crew and French Hunters had been accounted for. Tissue samples had been taken from each individual creature to be sent to the PUFF offices for confirmation and to begin the bounty paperwork. Between the huge PUFF reward and the fulfillment of the French contract, it had been a very lucrative day.
But it had its price.
The body of Jeremiah Roberts had been laid upon an unzipped body bag on the cold steel deck. His neck guard had been torn away, and unlike the neat little puncture holes that most people seem to imagine for vampire bites, the Hunter's throat was missing a massive chunk of flesh, leaving a hole from his trachea to his spine.Jack's team stood the closest to the body. This was their business. The rest of us were mere watchers. The man they called Priest said a few words. As it turned out, they called him that because he had been one once upon a time.

Harbinger summoned me to the cargo bay after the funeral. There were only a handful of us left on the ship. The chopper had taken the most injured of the Hunters, and the boat had been signaled to return to pick up a few more men and our gear. Surprisingly, the little boat's crew had stayed nearby to help us. Harbinger gave them an extra $20,000 for their trouble and the admonition to never talk about this unless they wanted the government to pay them a very unpleasant visit. He must have been feeling generous due to the big haul. The Director also gave them business cards, along with instructions to contact us if they ever heard of any more monster problems.

Since we could not advertise, much of our business came in the form of referrals. Representatives of the French shipping corporation were already en route to retrieve their valuable cargo. The remainder of our fee was to be wired to us upon receipt. The chopper was to return for its last pickup shortly.
I limped painfully down the stairs into the vast central bay. Each boot fall echoed hollowly through the cavernous room. I had been paralyzed, drowned, beaten, shot with my own gun, partially paralyzed and choked, and I was hungry, tired and saddened by the loss of some of my favorite guns.

If anybody should have been put on that chopper it was me. However, it seemed that Harbinger wanted to speak privately first. That was not a good sign. Even Grant had been sent back to land to get his nose and teeth checked.
Edward Harbinger, Sam Crespley, Milo Anderson and Julie Shackleford stood before a giant orange container, the heavy-duty kind that could be picked up through the opening in the deck by a giant dock crane and set onto a semitrailer or train. The sheet- metal double doors were hanging open, and the four experienced Hunters were gathered at the opening.

"Hey," I said as I approached, not that they did not hear me coming, but I couldn't think of what else to say. None of the four looked up. Julie had her arms folded and she appeared rather cross. Harbinger pointed inside the container.
"What do you make of this, Pitt?" He shined a flashlight into the interior. There were seven wooden crates inside. Each was long enough and deep enough to easily hold a person. I ducked my head as I entered, pulling out my own flashlight to get a closer look. The air tasted stale. The lids for the crates had been set aside, and the interiors seemed to be filled with nothing but dirt. I ran my hands through one; it was a thick black loam. Another was white particulate sand, and yet another looked almost like Alabama red clay.
"Coffins," I said. "For the seven Masters in my dream."
"Yep," Harbinger said. "And I'm willing to bet that the dirt is soil from their native lands."

"What does that mean?" Julie asked. "I know I've heard about that in the folk tales, but we've never seen evidence of vampires actually needing to sleep in soil from their homeland."
"Beats me. But this is really a weird bunch. I've never seen anything like this before, and I've never even heard or read about anything like this either."
"We don't know for sure that they are really Masters, Ed," Sam said. "We haven't actually seen any of them yet."
"The stronger the creator, the greater the creation. Some of those sailors we killed were way too powerful to be that young, but they were. Plus creating wights as daylight guardians? Darné was as powerful as a hundred-year-old bloodsucker, and he has to have been turned in the last week. Whoever turned him was one bad dude. So there is at least one Master in this gang. I would bet on it," Harbinger replied.
"So how did you beat Darné anyway?" I asked. The other Hunters glanced at their team leader, curious to hear his response.
"Later. It isn't important right now."
"He was a good guy when he was human," Sam said. "Losing him is a damn shame."

"People change when they are turned. It doesn't matter what they were like before. No matter how good they were, when they turn, they come back as pure evil…" Julie trailed off, and then changed the subject. "We probably need to alert the Feds. Seven high-level vamps on U.S. soil? They would shut us down in a second if they found out that we knew and didn't tell them."
"I hate Feds." Milo spoke for the first time. Sam spit on the floor.
"Me too. But they need to mobilize. They're somewhere in Georgia, and heading who knows where. I'll call Myers," Harbinger told them with a look like he had just bit into something sour. "They probably won't believe us though. Hell, I don't believe what myself."

2 Likes

Re: License 2 Kill by adebayo201: 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
this update small oh! when r u going to drop the next!

good work tho! keep it coming, we're loving it now people strength Bro! ;(
Re: License 2 Kill by olawaleallison: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
@op: im still in awe, cant believe u are a nigerian.
lovely story u've got here, skys d limit, following with immediate effect.
when's d next update?
Re: License 2 Kill by sam20091(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy new year.michaellllllllLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll where art thou....where goth thou?
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dear fellas,ama gonna update in da evenin.
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
sam 2009: Happy new year.michaellllllllLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll where art thou....where goth thou?
xame 2 u dude.
And am hear as usual.

1 Like

Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
"You guys seen this?"
"What?" Harbinger asked as he entered and came up next to me. I squatted and pointed at the ground. Something had dissolved all of the paint in the corner. A dark substance coated the floor. I sure as heck wasn't going to touch it. It felt unnatural from where I stood, and I had a funny feeling that it was some sort of secretions from the cloaked and armored monstrosity from my dream. Harbinger knelt and studied it.

"Ichor. Looks like snot from somebody with real bad allergies. Let's take a sample."
I breathed a little easier once I was out of the dark box.
"But wait, there's more," Sam stated. "I saw this earlier when we were getting set to blow the steam pipe. Check this shit out."

He took us to another shipping container. This one appeared normal until we circled it and saw what was on the other side. The steel walls had been pierced and peeled back from the inside. I touched one of the edges. The steel was a quarter-inch thick, and the reinforced tubes around the edges had been easily bent.
"Wow," Milo said, stroking his beard absently, "no sign of explosion or cutting torch, or anything like that. Something just punched its way through. Isn't that special?"
"Yeah, it just fricking warms my heart," Sam said. "Why can't we ever fight cute, helpless monsters? Like the ones on Sesame Street?"
"The big things from my dream," I said. "They could have done this. They had to be at least ten feet tall. And they could fly, they had huge wingspans. They were ugly, and they had horns and big teeth and claws.

That was about all I saw because I was just moving too fast."
The four Hunters surrounded me.
"Now start from the beginning and tell us the whole story about this dream," Harbinger ordered.
"So that's why you brought me down here. I thought you were going to yell at me for beating up Grant," I replied cheerfully. Julie folded her arms and glared.
Harbinger shook his head. "Oh, don't worry, I'll get to that. But business first. From the beginning, tell us every single detail you can think of. Even things that you might not think are important."
"We might as well get comfortable. This is going to take a while." I told the whole story.

Starting with my initial dream in the hospital. I tried to convey the weirdness of it, and probably failed. I went into as much detail as I could about the next dream. I did not, however, tell them about seeing the Old Man when I had been underwater. I was still not sure if that had actually happened, or if it had been a panicked trick of my oxygen-starved brain. When I was finished the others began to drill me with questions, only some of which I could answer.
"The head vampire called the Old Man, Bar Eeka?"
"As near as I could tell. Something like that."
"Could he be a shade? Maybe a ghost even?" Julie asked. "No wait, those have bodies. How about a shade?"
"Beats me."
"There is a possibility," Harbinger stated. "I've heard some weird stories since I've been doing this kind of thing. He could be a ghost, and he could have hooked up with you while you were dead on the operating table. You might have actually met him on the other side and brought him back. Now he's using you somehow. Problem is, we don't know jack about ghosts, so how do we figure out why he's trying to help you?"

"Be sure to ask him that the next time you see him," Milo told me.
"Except I only see him when I'm dead, or about to come close to death," I added sardonically.
"That will be convenient for you then. You're a Monster Hunter now. Plenty of good opportunities to die all of the time!"

The ocean rushed by below. The interior of the chopper was very loud, and that was not helped by the fact that our pilot felt the need to blare loud music through the intercom.I had not met the pilot yet, and all that I had been told about him was when Milo had jokingly said that he had been included in the purchase of the chopper. I had no idea what that was supposed to mean. All that I had seen so far had been the back of his helmeted head.
I had never ridden in a helicopter before, and it was kind of exciting, loud and with painful vibrations, but still fun.

Almost like a roller coaster ride.

Almost.

We were sitting in the cramped crew compartment. The chopper had originally been used to move Russian infantry, though this particular specimen had been tweaked and customized extensively by MHI. It was still tight, but I was given to understand that it was downright plush compared to what it had once been.
Almost all of the other Hunters had immediately gone to sleep. They understood the basic principle of sleep when you can because you don't know when you are going to get to do it again.

I couldn't do it, so I passed the time by picking silver buckshot pellets out of my armor. I made a mental note to add Milo Anderson to my Christmas card list.
I held up one of the silver pellets, now deformed from the impact, and studied it, deep in thought. I had almost died today. Now that the adrenaline had left my system, I found my exhausted brain once again pondering just what the hell I was doing, and truthfully, I didn't have an answer.
Juliet's head was rolled to the side and she was snoring. She had hardly spoken to me since she had found out about my little em......misunderstanding with Grant. I was not about to apologize. He had left me to get eaten, and I did not like that one bit.

Harbinger opened his eyes. He had been awake. He checked to make sure Juliet was out, and then unbuckled his seatbelt and moved next to me, flopping solidly into the uncomfortable chair. He turned and shouted in my ear.
"I wanted to talk to you about Grant."
"Okay," I shouted back.
"I know about what happened."
"He left me behind to save his own skin."
"I know," he yelled. It was hard to have a conversation by shouting. "Grant says that he didn't think he could save you… That you would both have been killed."

Perhaps. I did not respond, not knowing what to say, and not wanting to admit that Grant very well might have been right, and honestly not really knowing what I would have done if our situations had been reversed.
"Don't ever let something like that happen again. I'm the boss. I take care of discipline. You undermined my authority."

"That's it? You aren't mad at me for hitting him?"
"Oh, if I was mad, you'd be swimming home."
"Serious?" I asked.
Ed sighed and rubbed his face.
"What are you going to do with him?" I asked.
"Huh?"
"What are you going to do with Grant?" I said, turning up the volume.
"I don't know yet. Maybe Grant's right, and he would've died keeping that door open, and I don't believe in committing suicide to prove a point."
"Sam said something about it being easier to be brave when others are watching you. Maybe Grant isn't so tough when there aren't any witnesses," I insisted.
"Yeah, Sam's a regular philosopher," Ed responded. "You can face some really scary shit, and be just fine, as long as you're doing it for your team."

He grew suddenly serious, and I had to look away from those cold eyes. "Either way, it ain't none of your business now. Don't ever do something like that again. Hunters can't lose control. Got that? You never lose control. Do you have a problem with that?"
"No, sir."
We sat in silence for a few minutes, listening to the rotors beat the air, and some amazing guitar playing by my brother. From the expression on Harbinger's face, I don't think that he cared for metal.

"What about Julie?" I asked.
"What about her?"
"Does she believe that Grant abandoned me?"
"None of my business. She's a grown-up." The look he gave me told me to shut it. He quickly changed the subject. "Let me ask you this, Pitt. You've been with us for a few months. You've gone on exactly one mission. Could you leave now and go back to your spreadsheets and your tax forms?"

I did not answer. Did Earl know how much I was doubting the path that I was on? He was the experienced one, maybe he could see what I could not.
"Well, you'll probably need to."
My heart sank. So this was it. Was he going to let me go because of my rash actions? If he felt he could not trust me then I would be out. Did he think that I was too hotheaded and impulsive to be a member of the team?
"I got a letter yesterday. The IRS is going to audit us. I'm gonna need your help; our books are a mess. Once we handle this little vampire problem, of course."

I grinned. That I could handle.
"I can deal with the IRS. They're a little easier than vampires. Not much, but a little."
"Will sunlight banish them?"
"Maybe. I haven't tried that before."

"That's just the tip of the iceberg though.As if there is anything safe about what we do at all. The Environmental pollution agency is angry about some of the pollution we have caused by burning certain kinds of monsters. Fish and Wildlife wants to fine us for killing a giant mutant River catfish because it was endangered. Sure it had just crawled up on land and eaten some teenagers, but it was still an endangered species. . And Immigration is investigating us for employing some illegal aliens."
"Are we?"
"Sure, but who doesn't? Do you think you just put an ad in the paper for people who can fly Russian attack helicopters?"
"Why are the Feds hammering us?"
"We've pissed a lot of people off in Washington. Our company was shut down for a long time.
Re: License 2 Kill by adebayo201: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
nice one!
keep it up dmichael!
Re: License 2 Kill by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2014
That night I dreamed again.
But it was not about my apparent friend, the Old Man with the poor English. Nor was it about the Cursed One and his gang of abominations. This was something different.
A lone mountain rose out of a dark, dead forest. The side of the peak had been torn asunder in some sort of huge explosion.Trees had been shattered, stripped of their bark, or bent to the earth. Rock was charred and broken, the very foundations of the mountain had been cracked, and the face of the mighty peak had collapsed in an avalanche.
Amongst the rocks and gravel was a low spot where the rubble had settled into what had once been a natural cave or perhaps an underground structure. In the deepest depression, small bits of gravel and dust began to stir as something pushed against them from underneath, gradually and laboriously moving the weight of the earth above. Finally a dirt-encrusted hand thrust its way into the air, followed by a massively muscled arm. The torn and bloodied fingers clenched into an angry fist.
It was covered in black, swirling tattoos.

I woke up the next morning, sore, and cranky. We were staying at the bug-infested Radio City Motor Lodge in some little Georgia town that made Vietnam look like a thriving metropolis. It had been the closest lodging to the dirt strip that passed for the local airport. It is hard to sleep when roaches keep skittering across your body. My understanding is that since roaches can't shift into reverse, if one of them crawls into your ear canal it can get really nasty and potentially kill you. Sleep on that.

The injured Hunters had been dispersed to seek medical care. The cargo plane had dropped off Jack's two injured men at their home city of Atlanta. Roberts' body had gone with them. The plane had then continued west, delivering Albert Lee and his fractured rib back to Alabama. Grant Jefferson had flown the plane. He had been sent back to the compound supposedly to take over and continue the Newbies' training. I figured that I probably needed some medical care as well, but Harbinger wanted to keep me around because of my dreams, and also possibly because he worried that I might murder Grant once I was left unsupervised.

So that left ten of us in coastal Georgia. Eleven if you counted our mysterious helicopter pilot, who had apparently slept in the chopper. I still had not seen the man without his face-shielding helmet, and he never seemed to speak. The experienced Hunters seemed used to the odd behavior and did not even bother to remark upon it.

There had only been three available rooms. The ladies had taken the nicest one, meaning that the toilet worked, and there weren't as many unidentifiable spots on the walls. I had bunked with Trip, Mead and Milo. Taking pity on me because of the beating I had received, they gave me one of the twin beds. Milo had seniority so he got the other. Trip had won a game of rock, paper, scissors (of course Chuck went rock) to get the couch. Chuck got to sleep on the carpet with the mystery stains.

We gathered in Harbinger's room not long after dawn. A large map of Georgia had been purchased and was stuck to the wall with someone's throwing knives. Julie and Jack both had powerful laptops open and running. Boxes of our gear and munitions had been hastily piled into the corners. We had hired a flatbed to move it from the docks to here.
The group was sitting around in their shorts and T-shirts, all except for the Newbie squad who had not known to bring any clothing other than our armor. Holly had borrowed some clothing from Julie. Trip and Chuck had stolen some from somebody else.I stood in the corner wearing my boxer shorts and a towel for modesty. I had washed the undead juices off of my armor. The suit was still drying in the shower.
"Pitt. This is an informal meeting. You shouldn't dress up so much," Sam told me. At least he didn't try to steal my towel and flick me with it. I could tell he was tempted.
"Okay, everybody. Here's the situation,"

Harbinger began, a cigarette dangling unlit from his lips. "We have seven very powerful vampires, possibly Masters, that landed somewhere near here, along with some other monsters of unknown type. They must have arrived sometime in the last three days. If they launched as soon as the ship turned south down the coast they would have arrived near South Carolina, though my gut feeling's that they didn't do that. The ship dropped anchor off this coast for a reason. If they came straight to shore they would've landed in this area east of us." He put his finger on a spot of coastline. There were a lot of islands, peninsulas and inlets under that fingertip.
"If they started moving as soon as they landed, then they could be almost anywhere. They could still be on foot, or they could have secured some transportation. If they're in a vehicle then they could be in Florida, Alabama, or South Carolina by now."

"Vampires can drive?" Chuck asked blankly.
"Yes, Mead. Vampires can drive. Just not during the daylight. If they secured a truck with a trailer, it would give them a place to sleep during the daylight hours too."
"What if they split up?" Milo asked.
"They won't," I answered. Nine heads swiveled in my direction. I tried to cover myself with the towel as best as I could. I was a little self-conscious, especially with all of the thick red scar tissue on my chest and back. "They're like a protective detail. The Cursed One is their principal. They're guarding him. Wherever he goes, they go."
"Yeah, about that. I've been meaning to ask, how do we know you aren't just bloody nuts?" Priest asked. "No offense intended."

"None taken. To be honest, I don't know. But the seven coffins is a pretty good indicator."
"Fair enough," he answered.
"What about this Cursed One? Do we have anything on record about that?" Milo asked.
"Negative. I can't find anything. Lots of things with curses, but not that match this one. Nothing comes up in a search, and nothing under Lord Machado. No entries about anything wearing a suit of armor either. I've got a bunch of folks hitting the books back at the compound looking for something. There might be something in the old archives that hasn't been scanned in yet." MHI kept meticulous records of all known monster encounters, and also drew upon a massive library of information gathered from around the world. The stuff that we dealt with did not just pop up during a Google search.

"Maybe if we had a better description it might help," Julie said coldly. She was still pretty mad at me.
"Sorry, I was kind of in a spirit form at the time."
"Machado is a Portagee last name. It means ax. Like the kind that an executioner would use," Sam told us. His useful information was a bit of a surprise. His teammates regarded him strangely. The cowboy spent a lot more time busting heads than he did studying monster history.

"What? I had a master chief with that last name. He thought the ax thing was pretty cool."
"We're listening to the local police bands. If we're lucky somebody will see something and call it in; if we're unlucky, somebody is going to end up as lunch. So we are also listening for any missing persons reports. This is Jack's turf so he's trying to contact some of the locals who might be first in line for information."
"First in line?" Holly queried.

"Cops, coroners, reporters. In this case, I'm going to contact hookers, pimps, and drug dealers. Also some backwoods hillfolk that I've dealt with before. When vampires feed, they will usually go after the underbelly of society. They keep off the radar that way."
"How often do they need to feed?" Trip asked.
"Unknown. The usual low-level vamps that we deal with seem to do it every chance they get, with probably a minimum of about once a month. I know that the Feds have captured a few in the past and done testing on them, even starved a few, but they don't share that kind of info with us," Julie said.

"Speaking of the Federal agents, I had to call them," Harbinger said sadly. He paused during the inevitable cursing long enough to light his cigarette and take a long drag. "Didn't have much choice. We're still short-handed. We have to face the fact that we might not be able to tackle all of them, especially if they're roaming together."

"What did they say?" Milo asked.
"Nothing basically. They said thanks for the tip. That was it. I think they thought I was nuts."
"We can handle them, Ed. We don't need no Feds," Sam said.
"Maybe if we catch them while they're sleeping and toss in a couple hundred pounds of C4. Facing them while they're awake? No way." There was some murmuring at that.
We were a testosterone-charged, confident, well-trained team. "No offense, but I'm the only person here who has actually killed a Master. I'm one of the only people alive who has even seen one. And I was just lucky. Trust me on this one. We're good, but we ain't that good. If we find them, we wait until they hole up, and then we blow it to hell with bombs or napalm or something. Face to face?, no thanks,"said Harbinger.
"Who else can we call in?" Jack asked.
Julie played with her laptop for a minute. "Closest other Hunters are Hurley's team out of Miami, but they're on a case in the Bahamas."
"Lucky bastards," Sam grunted.
"Nope, they're tracking a luska." She shuddered.
"Oh, never mind," he said quickly.

I did not know what a luska was, but if Sam or Julie did not want to mess with one, neither did I.
"After that the only other MHI personnel in the south are Jack's guys, and then the Newbies and a few others at the compound. I don't think we want to call up Grandpa or Dorcas. Going out from there we have two teams in the northeast, both on cases right now in New York and Baltimore. Next closest after that is Phillips, who's currently dealing with some devil monkeys in St. Paul. Only five other teams left, and they're out west or out of the country. Every single team is working a case."
"Then we need to speed up the training process," Milo suggested.
Re: License 2 Kill by cloves(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2014
my brother why didnt u just come clean this book is titled MONSTER HUNTER INTERNATIONAL BY LARRY CORREIA NIHERIANS CAN NEVER BE TRUSTED THIS IS PLAIGASM, PIRACY

SIMPLE COPY AND PASTE

NO OFFENSE THO
Re: License 2 Kill by adebayo201: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2014
^^^ where copy n paste or anything else, we or I still dey gbadun am.
keep it up n keep it coming!cheesy
Re: License 2 Kill by cloves(m): 10:10am On Jan 04, 2014
http://www.baenebooks.com/chapters/9781451637847B/9781451637847B.htm?blurb

na d whole 24 chapters be this then enjoy urself bruh
Re: License 2 Kill by Obinnau(m): 10:26am On Jan 04, 2014
Oh my God! Micheal why? Pls thread is locked henceforth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Ajayi And His Tenants / Diary Of A Condom / My Sex Service To My Principal And Students – NYSC Member (episode 3)......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.