Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections (2362 Views)

Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / The Figures That Convinced Me Jonathan Is The Man For 2015 / Buhari/Bakare The Figures Just Don't Add Up- You Cannot Win, Convince Me How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by 1wolex85: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2013
To all active participants of nairaland's politics section especially the SE guys who know much about politics in Anambra.
An election took place in anambra in november. This election was highly anticipated, the interest was so much even a debate was held in the USA. At the end of the day, even when nullified votes are included, total number of votes cast for all parties was about 500, 000.
Now compare that figure to that of the 2011 presidential election, the PDP alone had about 1.165 million votes!!!
Can someone give a logical explanation for this discrepancy?
What happened in about two and a half years that reduced Anambra's voting population so drastically?
Can we say the 2011 pres elections was seriously rigged?
Have so many adults emigrated from Anambra state?
Remember that a guber election would normally attract more voters than a presidential one, all elections are local.
I personally thought at that time that the figures from se/ss were ridiculous but after a while I felt maybe I was wrong and maybe gej did win by that margin.
This Anambra election is making me re evaluate my position.
Before I conclude and say that the election was massively rigged in these regions, I want to ask the political gurus what they think.
Also take into consideration the actual population compared to the voting population in these regions.
Re: The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by Akpangbon: 9:40am On Dec 15, 2013
who told you the same people that voted in 2011 will still vote in 2013? How many are dead? This is a governorship not presidential election. So many factors, dont just look at the numbers.

1 Like

Re: The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by 1025: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2013
Akpangbon: who told you the same people that voted in 2011 will still vote in 2013? How many are dead? This is a governorship not presidential election. So many factors, dont just look at the numbers.

uncle, we understand the language of nigerian elections with pdp at the forefront.
1.165 votes for pdp alone and 500,000 total votes in anambra now is a joke.

1 Like

Re: The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by Ogojohn(m): 10:30am On Dec 15, 2013
1025:

uncle, we understand the language of nigerian elections with pdp at the forefront.
1.165 votes for pdp alone and 500,000 total votes in anambra now is a joke.
I reside in ANAMBRA state. To say the truth. The presidential election was massively rigged by APGA for PDP in ANAMBRA state and that is why Jonathan has continuously stood behind OBI and APGA to also undermine other political parties. Even his own party PDP so that they will continue to help him rig election come 2015
Re: The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by 1wolex85: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2013
Akpangbon: who told you the same people that voted in 2011 will still vote in 2013? How many are dead? This is a governorship not presidential election. So many factors, dont just look at the numbers.
Oga, please dont embarass urself. If you ask me how many people are dead, I will ask you how many people who were 16 and 17 years are now 18 and 19 andnow eligible to vote? Besides the difference is over 600k. Someone who has something meaningful to say should pls post.
Are u now telling us there is more interest in a presidential election than a guber election in a state? Who has more direct impact on the people? I know it is a possibility but it doesnt usually happen.
Re: The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by Zonacom(m): 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
I was in onitsha during the presidential election and the truth is that the election was rigged but i cant say to which extent. I dont think other candidates apart from jonathan got even upto 5% in total.
But the situation during the 2011 elections was different from that of nov this year. Most igbo people saw jonathan's candidacy as the only one that could favour them, as such everybody trooped out to vote. Infact from what i witnessed then, the crowd that voted at the presidential polls suppassed that of the senatorial and house of reps(remember there was no governorship election). Anambrarians were unanimous in their choice then. But i can clearly recall that almost ballot papers were thumb printed in the ward were i was then(inside fed housing estate). The few hausa men in the estate that could have voted for buhari were even prevented from voting by other voters. But the truth is that, even if all voters turned out, GEJ would still have won with that high number or more.
Re: The Figures From Anambra Guber Elections And 2011 Pres Elections by 1wolex85: 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Zona.com:
I was in onitsha during the presidential election and the truth is that the election was rigged but i cant say to which extent. I dont think other candidates apart from jonathan got even upto 5% in total.
But the situation during the 2011 elections was different from that of nov this year. Most igbo people saw jonathan's candidacy as the only one that could favour them, as such everybody trooped out to vote. Infact from what i witnessed then, the crowd that voted at the presidential polls suppassed that of the senatorial and house of reps(remember there was no governorship election). Anambrarians were unanimous in their choice then. But i can clearly recall that almost ballot papers were thumb printed in the ward were i was then(inside fed housing estate). The few hausa men in the estate that could have voted for buhari were even prevented from voting by other voters. But the truth is that, even if all voters turned out, GEJ would still have won with that high number or more.
I am not disputing the fact that gej would have won. My point is the difference in the figures between 2011 and now. 600k less people voted. How true is this?

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria / I Don’t Recognise Tambuwal As Speaker – IGP / 5 Types Of People Who Support Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.