Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria (2362 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Nigeria Closes Land & Sea Borders For Upcoming Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Samueldo(m): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2014
Following the fears of spread of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) through international air and seaports, including border land outposts of Nigerian Immigration Serives (NIS) in the Northeast sub-region of country, Cameroon has closed its borders with Nigeria and suspended all flights to and from Nigeria.
Cameroon, according to the NIS, has a border boundary of over 2, 000 kilometres in Borno, Adamawa, Taraba and Cross Rivers states in the South-South sub-region of Nigeria.
Speaking yesterday on a special programme of the Hausa Service of British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) monitored in Maiduguri, the spokesman of Cameroon Foreign Affairs, Chiroumma Boukkari said the decision to close the borders with Nigeria has become inevitable, because of the fears of the ebola that spreads like wild fire in the West African sub-region.
“This decision on border closure and suspension of all flights to and from Nigeria was to protect the lives of Cameroonian citizens living within and outside from contracting ebola, as Nigeria, our main trading partner in Africa had been facing since July 20, 2014 when Patrick Sawyer sneaked into the country aboard a flight with the deadly virus.”
He however, noted that the border closure and temporary suspension of flights to and from Nigeria will be for a minimum of one month. He also advised Cameroonian citizens to take the closure of borders and flight suspension seriously in protecting their lives and property.
“The border closures with our main trading partner will be lifted, as soon as Nigeria contains the spread of the deadly viral disease. We also urge all border security agencies of the two countries to be vigilant by complying with this border closures made yesterday (Saturday) by the foreign office here in Ngaudore,” said Boukkari.
The affected border outposts in Borno state include, Kirawa, Duji, Mallam Fatori, Gamboru, Banki, Damba/Masara, Baga, Danbaure, Sigal and Jilbe, 145 kilometres northeast of Maiduguri, the state capital.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/cameroon-closes-borders-suspends-flights-nigeria/
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2014
Smh who cares..I heard somalia has closed their boarders too..
I wish nigeria can learn a few lesson from all these and start been real indepenedent to themselves ...build a good education system that will keep the smart ones here, build a strong a economy by manufacturing a good percent of things you consume, build a secure society where atleast 70% bad ppl go to jail.. and you see how others will worship you instead of cutting you out at any slightest excuse...
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by xwolverine: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2014
It's better to be safe than sorry, another country can't be suffering because of Nigeria's incompetence all in the name of politics. I bet the jokers in power don't know the implication of having an epidemic. Instead being resolute in the fight against Ebola, we are constantly being lies to by the health minister and the FG.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Rufex07(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2014
Ordinary Cameroon! I hope our leaders learn to make Nigeria an enviable country. If it were the USA that got infected, people will still be trooping to get their visa. Well I can't blame the Cameroon government, they are trying to protect their citizen unlike us here.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 18, 2014
who use to go to cameroon sef kiss?? Of what economic importance is Cameroon to Nigeria?? When better countries are closing their borders, cameroon too will want to follow suit....

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nayah(f): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
himkers: who use to go to cameroon sef kiss?? Of what economic importance is Cameroon to Nigeria?? When better countries are closing their borders, cameroon too will want to follow suit....
FYI 4 millions Nigerians are living in this country because of many reasons in which stability! Secondly Boko Haram thing you we're unable to fight makes people escape from your country to mine everyday and their number is increasing ...but now the border is closed this is what we call a responsible authority. So please instead of being arrogant and talking about economy you'd rather training a good army( as you re supposed to be the "giant"wink and teaching your people what is patriotic spirit and maybe this betrayal context you people are living with because of your gvt won't happen again. Being rich in a chaos doesn't mean anything . In Cameroon 300 ethnic groups know how to live together because this is about our flag and NOT village . Plus Cameroonian gvt tought you another lesson: how to protect their people can you tell me the same regarding your country? I don' t think so... Cameroon may not have the same economy like yours but please many people in which your brothers prefer 1 million times living in the neighbour country than the so called "Giant" and we all know the reason. So please calm down

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by osystein(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
French slaves also wanna feel important..
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by osystein(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nayah:
FYI 4 millions Nigerians are living in this country because of many reasons in which stability! Secondly Boko Haram thing you we're unable to fight makes people escape from your country to mine everyday and their number is increasing ...but now the border is closed this is what we call a responsible authority. So please instead of being arrogant and talking about economy you'd rather training a good army( as you re supposed to be the "giant"wink and teaching your people what is patriotic spirit and maybe this betrayal context you people are living with because of your gvt won't happen again. Being rich in a chaos doesn't mean anything . In Cameroon 300 ethnic groups know how to live together because this is about our flag and NOT village . Plus Cameroonian gvt tought you another lesson: how to protect their people can you tell me the same regarding your country? I don' t think so... Cameroon may not have the same economy like yours but please many people in which your brothers prefer 1 million times living in the neighbour country than the so called "Giant" and we all know the reason. So please calm down

where 's ur source for that figure, I'm sure those guys control the informal sector over there.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nayah:

What is this one saying??
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by tpia1: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
I wonder why cameroonpride is ignoring the thread.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nayah(f): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
osystein:

where 's ur source for that figure, I'm sure those guys control the informal sector over there.
I suppose you re smart if I lie just Provence the contrary. I everything I said is wrong prouve me with some arguments Nigerians are numerous in Cameroon everybody knows that and it's worse now because of this BH thing that grew in your soil. Again I don't hate anybody but stop being arrogant for nothing acting is better than talking.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nayah(f): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
himkers:

The one who told you the reality now you can debate it won't change anything. The Giant failed in many department especially in term of security truth has to be sais even it hurts
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by braine(m): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
What do we have to lose?
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by osystein(m): 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nayah:
I suppose you re smart if I lie just Provence the contrary. I everything I said is wrong prouve me with some arguments Nigerians are numerous in Cameroon everybody knows that and it's worse now because of this BH thing that grew in your soil. Again I don't hate anybody but stop being arrogant for nothing acting is better than talking.

why should I argue with a pretty lady like u? grin wink
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nayah(f): 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
osystein:

why should I argue with a pretty lady like u?
Who talked about arguing while I m talking about debating wink
I respect anyone and especially when I m in minority in a forum but I won t let some frustrated people declaring wrong things about my country . Never
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 19, 2014
Those boarders MUST not be re-opened at allllll, not because of ebola, but until the Boko Harams are totally eliminated.

ebola go hear am for Naija, him no know where him waka enter... 5 already healed and discharged.... the Naija fighting spirit at work.

Cameroon feeling fly sha on top Naija.

My able President GEJ, you must respond to this with an action ooooo
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by emmanuel4758(m): 5:41am On Aug 19, 2014
Nayah:
I respect anyone and especially when I m in minority in a forum but I won t let some frustrated people declaring wrong things about my country . Never
how does that concern me ..spit on you ...mtchew

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nayah(f): 6:26am On Aug 19, 2014
emmanuel4758: how does that concern me ..spit on you ...mtchew
Who is talking to you? Lol
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Beync(f): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
I do not blame cameroon for taking such action, at least they are being proactive and they value the lives of their citizens. That's what nigeria should have done with all the countries effected with ebola, but hey, every dickkk and tom even from affected country flew in and and out without being screened at least, not until patric came. And behold we have it, then they started running around like bleating goats. The ministry of health and aviation deserve to be sacked for negligence.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by djfaithy: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
himkers:

the truth !!! which people like you will never subscribe to, cuz its bitter and hurts.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
You dont know anything about Nigeria...Every country has its challenges and your country isnt better...Tell me how long your president has been on seat and i will tell you where you are coming from....Only nigerians have the right to talk about their country and not you....Al queida and your gendames are even worse than boko haram...close your borders on us but dont cry when you guys needs the big brothers help......
Nayah:
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
But a wicked man that was accepted from Liberia brought the ebola issue..No nigerian had the virus before the demon came....why didnt cameroon stop liberians before now...this is no news...they will soon open the borders when someone from liberia sneaks to ifest them...we are watching.....God will see us through....
Beync: I do not blame cameroon for taking such action, at least they are being proactive and they value the lives of their citizens. That's what nigeria should have done with all the countries effected with ebola, but hey, every dickkk and tom even from affected country flew in and and out without being screened at least, not until patric came. And behold we have it, then they started running around like bleating goats. The ministry of health and aviation deserve to be sacked for negligence.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
stop this translation and write better thing please...im having a terrible headache reading you...my cassava lady...
Nayah:
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
ebola now has a cure..stop this ignorance and read about daraprim with multivite once in a week...its called sunday sunday medicing...drive all sorts of fever including ebola...be informed...
xwolverine: It's better to be safe than sorry, another country can't be suffering because of Nigeria's incompetence all in the name of politics. I bet the jokers in power don't know the implication of having an epidemic. Instead being resolute in the fight against Ebola, we are constantly being lies to by the health minister and the FG.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nayah:
A hole , what are you talking about. I know those 4million Nigerians are the one making things happen in your economy. bitchh
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
she is talking trash....just came from nowhere.....so other nationalities dey nairaland?hahahahahah monitoring spirits....
himkers:

Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
dont mind the female dog...just came from nowhere to talk rubbish...who be cameroun where nigeria dey?.....wetin dem get? thier govt is even worse as Paul Biya has been ruling them for 37 years now....animals...
uihebom: A hole , what are you talking about. I know those 4million Nigerians are the one making things happen in your economy. bitchh
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
where is the Nayah...come out let me finish you.....female ebola like you...
Nayah:
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
one more comment from you and i will exhaust my MB on you...deeek suka
Nayah:
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Beync(f): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Korrection: But a wicked man that was accepted from Liberia brought the ebola issue..No nigerian had the virus before the demon came....why didnt cameroon stop liberians before now...this is no news...they will soon open the borders when someone from liberia sneaks to ifest them...we are watching.....God will see us through....
if nigeria had taken precautionary steps, that wicked sawyer wouldn't have succeeded in sneaking his ebola ridden self into the country.
Re: Cameroon Closes Borders, Suspends Flights From Nigeria by Korrection(m): 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
you cant be too careful if not america wouldnt have been bombed by osama bin laden...true or false? grin
Beync: if nigeria had taken precautionary steps, that wicked sawyer wouldn't have succeeded in sneaking his ebola ridden self into the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana / Speakers Scaling National Assembly Fence Yesterday (pic) / Wike Currently Killing Amaechi On Live TV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.