Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Prayer God Answers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prayer God Answers (388 Views)

How God Answers Prayers / Reasons Why God Answers The Prayers Of Little Children / My God Answers Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prayer God Answers by PstWoleSoetan(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

December 15, 2013

THE PRAYER GOD ANSWERS

1 Sam 1:11 Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.”

Hannah had been to Shiloh for several years and had appealed to God each time for a child but she received no answer. This was not because God was trying to be wicked but because Hannah was so consumed with her need for a child that she forgot to align her need with God's will. Many Christians have prayed, fasted and confessed the Word but with no results. Some have concluded that the Word doesn't work and have given up. They, like Hannah, have focused on their needs to the exclusion of God's will.

If you do not know what to do with the blessing, your blessing will lead to affliction. God's blessing comes with a weight of responsibility and those who cannot handle this weight only end up worse off than they began. God's desire is not to give you something that will destroy you but something that will make you better and take you far in life. Thus, if your request is in alignment with God's will then you will get your request faster.

What hastens God's response to our prayer is not our tears but our faith and our sense of responsibility and service. It was when Hannah finally got around to patterning her needs to align with God's will that she got her answer.

The reason many prayers have not been answered is because of the motive behind such prayers. Why do you want a new car, more money, a promotion? To show off? To intimidate others? To serve God? Canal consideration alone will not get you the answer you want from God.

CONFESSION: I enter a season of amazing blessings.

PRAYER: help me pattern my needs to Your will in Jesus' name.

FURTHER STUDY: Isa 38, Luke 12:13-21

3 Likes

Re: The Prayer God Answers by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
@op. Tanx for this. You just helped me understand my problem sooner than later.GOD BLESS U 4ME

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Visa Ready? / The Lord Will Perfect That Which Concerns us / "Why Are There Two Different Creation Accounts In The Bible?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.