Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying (721 Views)

Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day / Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by scratchbro: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Im gonna make this post as simple and short as possible.
The truth is we are just decieving ourselves in Nigeria. DEMOCRACY is not our thing, we better start facing reality before we implode and destroy oursekves ny ourselves. This is not to say that military rule is the answer either. This is what I think.
Nigeria is not like other countries, we are not like America, Britain, Germany or even south Africa. Our values alone sef are ridiculously different from all these countries.
Nigerians cannot handle democracy, what we need is like a father figure. A blend of military rule, democracy and dictatorship. Someone that would correct us with one hand and draw us near with another. I bet it with you that if you knew that you had a president that would sentence u to a public spanking (loool) if u were even rumoured to be engaged in corrupt practices, you would think twice before doing it. The average Nigerian is vorrupt. Wether u believe it or not, its true. You are corrupt, im corrupt. You might not be stealing billions but u most likely have cheated someone loool.
Anyway, before I loose focus. My point still remains, we dont need a Jonathan or an obasanjo, or an abacha, we need a Jonathan + abacha + obasanjo.
I rest my case.

Www.scratchbrovaman.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by scratchbro: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Front page biko. Mods. First major post.

Www.scratchbrovaman.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by bloggernaija: 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
Maybe the nigeria east and north of the Niger
But in the west,
We can survive on democracy because we have practiced it before
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by scratchbro: 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
bloggernaija: Maybe the nigeria east and north of the Niger
But in the west,
We can survive on democracy because we have practiced it before

I think it goes for everybody, the yorubas are known to be the most respectful tribe in Nigeria. Kudos to them on that. They respect their leaders which is why it democracy would most likely work for them best but still we are talking about Nigeria as an entity devoid of tribal segregation. Im not Yoruba but I agree with u. Just saying tho, my theory would work across the board
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by tevinsolt: 3:10am On Dec 16, 2013
scratchbro:

I think it goes for everybody, the yorubas are known to be the most respectful tribe in Nigeria. Kudos to them on that. They respect their leaders which is why it democracy would most likely work for them best but still we are talking about Nigeria as an entity devoid of tribal segregation. Im not Yoruba but I agree with u. Just saying tho, my theory would work across the board

Democracy is not about respecting leaders damn it. it is knowing that we as a people decide how we want the government, the chosen few are there to serve and represent the masses, but i will have to agree that it's not working in Nigeria due to tribalism and lack objective thinking, this blind loyalty i see so many exhibit is why Nigeria is at the brink........if democracy is not working, we should come up with a form of Government that will work for us and our unique situation, so long the fundamental human rights are kept intact.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by scratchbro: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2013
tevinsolt:

Democracy is not about respecting leaders damn it. it is knowing that we as a people decide how we want the government, the chosen few are there to serve and represent the masses, but i will have to agree that it's not working in Nigeria due to tribalism and lack objective thinking, this blind loyalty i see so many exhibit is why Nigeria is at the brink........if democracy is not working, we should come up with a form of Government that will work for us and our unique situation, so long the fundamental human rights are kept intact.

We are saying the same thing Sir, democracy is not working, there's a type of government that hasn't been invented yet and thats the kind of government Nigeria needs. Its a govt that is a blend of democracy, military and dictatorship. We are a special people, we need a special kind of govt.

As per democracy not being about respect, well what im trying to say is that the tribe that might have the closest semblance to a working democracy would be the Yoruba. I reiterate again, I am not Yoruba.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 16, 2013
Do not be confused. Nigeria has never seen democracy. What we have is a fascist state ruled by the mafia. Only democracy in its purest form will save Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by mikolo80: 10:23am On Dec 16, 2013
We need a lee kwan yew or park chung hee
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by scratchbro: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2013
Or Jackie Chan. Lol
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by TonySpike: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2013
We need a BENEVOLENT DICTATOR. This is my opinion...
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by juman(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2013
One nigeria is the problem.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Survive On Democracy - #justsaying by scratchbro: 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Tony Spike: We need a BENEVOLENT DICTATOR. This is my opinion...
Thats kinda what im saying.

(1) (Reply)

‘what The Nigerian President Should Have Written’:The Washington Post Rips GEJ / APC Says Members Denied Voters Cards Ahead Of Osun Election / As Confab Ends: How Kutigi, Akinyemi Handled The North/south Divide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.