Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas (18397 Views)

Andre Villas-Boas Set To Sign For Tottenham / Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas / Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by ceeceeco: 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
oneitalia: Daniel Levy should consider sacking himself because he brought this shambles on spurs.. He should have stick with Redknapp.. How about Baldini that happen to be the director, him and AVB sanctioned the exodus and coming in of new players. He should get the boot also...
u're right, Harry redknapp shuldn't hv been sacked.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by TheLastNazgul(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
colo$$u$:

Bros u r blabbing. I'm a Spurs fan and AVB is not good. Don't ever say he groomed Bale again pls. You said he likes fast running wingers right, so what's his excuse for dropping Sigurdsson and Townsend for Chadli and Lennon. Pls face your manchester city abeg
I cheer for Spurs as well and I'd readily admit that AVB is not Einstein. AVB didn't groom Bale, he honed his skill, fashioned him into an attacking force to be reckoned with. AVB's been facing internal pressure hence he's been gradually infusing the new players- Chadli et al, at the expect of his normal tactics.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by Haywhymido(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
I don't care if he get sacked 100times, for a coach to say he can do witout his players wen he was at chelsea. Dat tells it all. He shd go to portugal or go do understudy. Nonsense
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by manmustwac(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please new manager get a full time replacement for Dawson. We need to bolster our defence & train these overpaid continental superstars to play english football
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by manuelo130: 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
aventura: Liverpool una wicked sha...In short, una own dey come

Chelsea go sack una coach

More like Liverpool could sack Chelsea coach...
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by darequam(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
In my honest opinion, I'll blame AVB for some of his decisions, one of which is 'playing 3 deffensive midfielders in a team' ( Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho). What that team had always lacked is a creative midfielder, someone to hold the ball, move along with his teamates, pick em out and deliver d final pass. No no10 means u cant trap the ball in d midfield and keep losing possession. Eriksen seemed to be the only one closest to this.
I am not sure maybe he had controls over the transfers, but i think he would have been given the opportunity to demand the type of players he wants to add. That said, i beleive the spurs management were too demanding and naive, this guy started d league wd d best deffensive record, and was unable to get his players to score goals. The press eventually pick on him, and suddenly within a period of a month plus when he was trying to get results upfront, he was trashed 6 - 0 at city and lost 0 - 5 at home.

Now consider that;
He is just eight pts from the team toping d table ( 5pts from d top 4)
He is with a 100% record at europe
He is still in the carling cup

This is still a healthy team from a fair pt of view, considering dt spurs are not title contenders and are only aiming for top four. We can all go talking about the influx of players, but who is he to know those guys would under perform, He is still trying to grab on how best he can use em all.

As for me, its cruel and gross if you sack ur coach bcus he lost two matches , which were not even consecutive, cus d loss at city and home to liverpool seem to be the reasons for his axe.

A wise chairman in Levy should have waited till January and see what would come up, especially wd the fact that they have a ligher fixture coming ahead ds december compared to the others.
The problem here is levy, he did this insanity stuff with Rednapp too, its high time he get scolded.

My words, my Opinion with my facts.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by mosesakoja: 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Its really disheartening cry , and he said yesterday that he was not gonna quit, even though he knew his job was hanging by a thread sad

I just hope he gets another Job soon cool

As for Liverpool, shey una see wetin una cause undecided

too bad when they where wining liverpool , one day for the owner
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
The Last Nazgûl: Tottenham spent a truckload of cash on transfers, fine. However, you can't deny the glaring fact that AVB didn't sanction the purchase of all the players that came in. Levy was all too desperate to spend the 'Bale money' hence the inane misguided spending spree.
Pls do you have a clue of what you are saying?
What Bale money are you even talking about like there was no money in Spurs?
Fact is AVB is not a good manager!!!
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
manmustwac: Please new manager get a full time replacement for Dawson. We need to bolster our defence & train these overpaid continental superstars to play english football
Dawson, Naughton, Lennon (he's a one-way player. His pattern is known by most defenders), Chadli (he can't just dribble past anybody).
Kyle Walker needs a competitor at right back.
A game creator (play maker No.10) is needed cos we lack attacking flair.
And lastly we need a support striker (someone more physical).
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
In a statement on Monday evening, Spurs said: "We can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the first team while the club progresses discussions". cool
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by TheLastNazgul(m): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
colo$$u$:

No, I don't know what I'm saying, I'm just babbling like the clueless cokehead that I am. I'm very sorry, Sir.
There are several ways to pass your message and indulge in a discourse without sounding like an infuriated tyke. Where did I pass Tottenham off as a debt ridden club?

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by manmustwac(m): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
colo$$u$:
In a statement on Monday evening, Spurs said: "We can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the first team while the club progresses discussions". cool
Our 9th manager in 12 years AVB should have had to the end of the season at least to mould our players. Soldado coming from spanish football Lamela only 21 coming fron Serie A. Some foreign players need time to settle while others can just settle quickly or after a few weeks

1 Like

Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
The Last Nazgûl: No, I don't know what I'm saying, I'm just babbling like the clueless cokehead that I am. I'm very sorry, Sir.
There are several ways to pass your message and indulge in a discourse without sounding like an infuriated tyke. Where did I pass Tottenham off as a debt ridden club?
Lol no vex cheesy
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by Anthony0094(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
mk una gv am money mk he go buy cr7,bale,messi ,falcao ,disco nd ibramovic may I c y he no carry all leagues
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by Irunmole(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
At last, Levy has come to his senses by sacking clueless Andrea Villas-Boas, a.k.a, AVB or Ain't Very Bright. He should had been allowed to stay, to take them to the Ryman's league or the Conference League. Harry Redknapp would have done better with the crop of players at this mugu's disposal. He probably lost his job last week or two when he had a pop at Lord Sugar! That singular immature response sealed his faith. Not that it mattered anyway, as he didn't half know what he was doing most of the time. The sad case for Harry was that he gambled on getting the England job and lost out. The end story is, don't mess with Daniel Levy.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
colo$$u$:

Bros u r blabbing. I'm a Spurs fan and AVB is not good. Don't ever say he groomed Bale again pls. You said he likes fast running wingers right, so what's his excuse for dropping Sigurdsson and Townsend for Chadli and Lennon. Pls face your manchester city abeg
So because I am a die hard City fan, I have no right to talk about hotspurs.

Boas likes very fast wingers who are strong and can shoot from far. Look at Hulk, James Rodriguez, Varela. Go and check Hulk's scoring rate prior to Boas arrival at Porto. It improved under Boas. Before Boas arrived Tottenham, I think Bale only scored 7 goals in the EPL.

At Chelsea and Tottenham, Boas has been made to do things the way the board wants it and not his way.

At Porto, he had a very mobile striker who could use his head to score. Now he has to conform to Soldado's pattern.

BOAS WILL BE BACK.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
donlino9:
I just dey see guys saying villas boas is a good coach, coz he won europa cup and portugish league with porto.
He won those titles wit world class players ,the likes of hulk, falcao and jao moutinho. He is just overrated
Hulk, Falcao and Jao Moutinho all became World Class under Boas. They were never rated World Class before Boas. Also Guarin was brought in from the reserves by Boas and blossomed. James Rodriguez and Fernandinho(Man City) all became stars under Boas. He wasn't given the kind of room as he had at Porto. I can't wait for him to go back.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
Capoue played in defence because all the top defenders were injured. When Boas signed, many expected Jao Moutinho, Fernandinho and Guarin to come but Baldini and Levy bought what they felt was needed. Well I think Capello who is a friend of Baldini can work with the team.
darequam: In my honest opinion, I'll blame AVB for some of his decisions, one of which is 'playing 3 deffensive midfielders in a team' ( Capoue, Sandro and Paulinho). What that team had always lacked is a creative midfielder, someone to hold the ball, move along with his teamates, pick em out and deliver d final pass. No no10 means u cant trap the ball in d midfield and keep losing possession. Eriksen seemed to be the only one closest to this.
I am not sure maybe he had controls over the transfers, but i think he would have been given the opportunity to demand the type of players he wants to add. That said, i beleive the spurs management were too demanding and naive, this guy started d league wd d best deffensive record, and was unable to get his players to score goals. The press eventually pick on him, and suddenly within a period of a month plus when he was trying to get results upfront, he was trashed 6 - 0 at city and lost 0 - 5 at home.

Now consider that;
He is just eight pts from the team toping d table ( 5pts from d top 4)
He is with a 100% record at europe
He is still in the carling cup

This is still a healthy team from a fair pt of view, considering dt spurs are not title contenders and are only aiming for top four. We can all go talking about the influx of players, but who is he to know those guys would under perform, He is still trying to grab on how best he can use em all.

As for me, its cruel and gross if you sack ur coach bcus he lost two matches , which were not even consecutive, cus d loss at city and home to liverpool seem to be the reasons for his axe.

A wise chairman in Levy should have waited till January and see what would come up, especially wd the fact that they have a ligher fixture coming ahead ds december compared to the others.
The problem here is levy, he did this insanity stuff with Rednapp too, its high time he get scolded.

My words, my Opinion with my facts.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by striker9(m): 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
farochron:

Just pray that Liverpool does not end Murinho's career. I've you forgotten you have not beaten Liverpool in the last 6 meetings and they are the highest scoring machines after man city. They beat you home and away 3 seasons ago same 2 seasons ago and you managed a draw with them home and away last season at their worst moment ever.

Dream on brother.
Where were you when chelsea beat Liverpool home and away.Since chelsea dealt with liverpool at champions league,they ve not made another appearance.Did you say Chelsea managed a draw both home and away last season?Chelsea was leading 2. 1 when rabbit tooth bite Iva and was still allowed to play before scoring an equalizer 22seconds after injury time.Abeg park well.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
colo$$u$:

It is a fact. AVB has a known pattern of play. He likes natural wide shooters of the ball for instance. Which of the signings are natural shooters? Definitely not Chadli, Lamela or Eriksen.

Those buys were just haste to spend Bale's Money. Top talents is not enough. You need players that fits the coach's pattern.

Laudrup is also facing the same problem.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
colo$$u$:
Please keep Sherwood till you guys face Juande Ramos and Dnipro.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 12:03am On Dec 17, 2013
manmustwac: Our 9th manager in 12 years AVB should have had to the end of the season at least to mould our players. Soldado coming from spanish football Lamela only 21 coming fron Serie A. Some foreign players need time to settle while others can just settle quickly or after a few weeks
Well since AVB failed, the need for a Plan B.
Soldado (81 goals in 101games) came from La Liga, so did Negredo.
If AVB is allowed to stay till the end of this season, Spurs will come out 11th or 12th.
We need to try a 4-4-2 formation and possibly lure Guiseppe Rossi in January to support Soldado, make Eriksen/Holtby do the No.10 work just like Modric, Siggy and Townsend at the flanks, Chiriches and Vert as CB, Walker at RB (sometimes the dude gambles), get a better LB.
If he couldn't manage Chelsea and Tottenham, then there's no EPL club he can manage.
West Ham scored 3goals at WHL without a striker, Newcastle won at the lane also. We conceded 6goals at Man City and got humiliated by liverpool (just in 3weeks).
All teams above us on the table we could not defeat anyone.
Suarez has more goals than Tottenman in just 10games he played.
No rhythm in our game, no flair in attack, no ambition, when the team concedes all hope is lost.
Its a shame!!! There is need for a transition.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:07am On Dec 17, 2013
That is the point. You don't hire a coach and tell the coach how you want him to play. You hire a coach that plays the system you want. AVB is a 4-3-3 man, why buy a 4-4-2 team for him?
colo$$u$:

Well since AVB failed, the need for a Plan B.
Soldado (81 goals in 101games) came from La Liga, so did Negredo.
If AVB is allowed to stay till the end of this season, Spurs will come out 11th or 12th.
We need to try a 4-4-2 formation and possibly lure Guiseppe Rossi in January to support Soldado, make Eriksen/Holtby do the No.10 work just like Modric, Siggy and Townsend at the flanks, Chiriches and Vert as CB, Walker at RB (sometimes the dude gambles), get a better LB.
If he couldn't manage Chelsea and Tottenham, then there's no EPL club he can manage.
West Ham scored 3goals at WHL without a striker, Newcastle won at the lane also. We conceded 6goals at Man City and got humiliated by liverpool (just in 3weeks).
All teams above us on the table we could not defeat anyone. Its a shame!!!
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 12:12am On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: That is the point. You don't hire a coach and tell the coach how you want him to play. You hire a coach that plays the system you want. AVB is a 4-3-3 man, why buy a 4-4-2 team for him?
So since he joined Spurs have you seen him play 4-3-3?
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 12:14am On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: He likes natural shooters of the ball for instance
He had a natural shooter (Defoe) last season but he decided to play Adebayor all through lst season.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:19am On Dec 17, 2013
colo$$u$:

So since he joined Spurs have you seen him play 4-3-3?
What formation did he play against Liverpool? A lone striker - Soldado, Two attacking singers Lemon and Chadli. 3 Central midfielder with Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro. 4 defenders with Naughton, Dawson, Capoue and Walker. So please what formation is that?
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:24am On Dec 17, 2013
colo$$u$:

He had a natural shooter (Defoe) last season but he decided to play Adebayor all through lst season.
When I am talking of shooters, I am not talking of strikers but midfielders. Just as what he was trying to do with Sigurdsson.

At Porto, Varela, Guarin, James Rodriguez and Bulk could shoot, had pace and could take on players like Bale. Even Sigurdsson can't do it well.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2013
colo$$u$:

Adebayor I think waz brought in by Harry.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 12:41am On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: What formation did he play against Liverpool? A lone striker - Soldado, Two attacking singers Lemon and Chadli. 3 Central midfielder with Paulinho, Dembele and Sandro. 4 defenders with Naughton, Dawson, Capoue and Walker. So please what formation is that?
He has always played a 4-5-1 formation and that was a 4-5-1 and not 4-3-3
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 12:45am On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Adebayor I think waz brought in by Harry.
On loan under Harry, AVB signed him permanently for £5m
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:54am On Dec 17, 2013
colo$$u$:

He has always played a 4-5-1 formation and that was a 4-5-1 and not 4-3-3

Why do you think Bale transformed and started scoring much goals? AVB like his wingers attacking and being able to shoot. By the way there is no much difference in 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. Only that the wingers are more attacking like Bale of last season. The squad bought did not fit in AVB's criteria. Also AVB didn't make the signings or sign Adebayor.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:00am On Dec 17, 2013
Boas is a Porto man and grew up as a Porto fan with the Porto philosophy. For instance when he was young there was a striker at Porto called Marcio Jardel. He was very mobile and good with his head.

A worker can't be blamed if he is given the wrong tools to work with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 21 January 2023 / PSG Vs Barcelona: UCL (2 - 2) On 2nd April 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.