Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos (19775 Views)

FG To Build 500 Houses In Partnership With Lafarge / FCT To Demolish 100,435 Buildings / FCTA To Demolish 19 Villages In FCT Abuja Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by ceo4eva: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
More than 500 buildings were destroyed this morning at Polome Village/Community, Mowo Phase II Badagry, Lagos State, western Nigeria, on the orders of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar.

Over 200 armed policemen and seven bulldozers took part in the operation which was aimed at reclaiming the land said to belong to the police from trespassers. The operation was led by A.C.P. Osu Ekpo.

Majority of the affected house owners who spoke with P.M.NEWS admitted that the land was sold to them by land speculators some years ago, adding that they did not have C of O over the land.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the Nigeria Police acquired the 65 hectares of land about seven years ago to build houses for senior police officers and got the C of O from the state government in 2008.

But land speculators started encroaching on the land when the authorities failed to do something on it.

A police source disclosed that when the police discovered the encroachment, they issued a quit notice to the owners of the houses to vacate the land in 2011. The last notice was served to them two weeks ago.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the Inspector General of Police ordered his men to demolish the houses on the land when the illegal occupants refused to heed the notice to quit.

Some occupants of the houses were caught unawares as they did not expect the police to strike. Many of them could not retrieve their properties while a few others were able to salvage a few of their belongings. Women and children wailed during the exercise.

One of the affected landlords, Mr. Waheed Yakubu, said the police issued them eviction letter on 14 December. He said he built his houses nine years ago but that he did not obtain the C of O from the state government.

He called on the government to come to their aid as they have nowhere to go.

Some of them were seen hurriedly packing their loads to prevent them from being destroyed by the bulldozers.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/16/police-demolish-500-houses-in-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
Fashola, the elite governor.

APC = Anti Poor Congress

6 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by ceo4eva: 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Fashola, the elite governor.

APC = Anti Poor Congress
Did you actually read the story?....
Which APC are u talking about? I'll advise you to pay a visit to the Psychiatric Hospital in Yaba fast, before your condition becomes more outrageous and irreversible.

73 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

Blind man....

11 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

Blind man....

Batty man.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by pandriod: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

M'ORON

10 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

Wow! Did you read the story?

I expected something better than this from you.....

4 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
payless:

He saw LAGOS and DEMOLITION....his condemned brain went for Fashola by default.

That is the way they behave typically.

25 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by pandriod: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
payless:

The fool was hoping to get "LIKES" from his fellow nematodes. Poor ibo sod.

18 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Batty man.

Go and read the article and cure yourself of your blindness

3 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by arkreality: 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
But why condemming the young guy? Is Fashola not the Chief Security of the state? How can such impunity happen under his nose? Is APC not the party governing Lagos State? Both Local Government and state are all Apc controlled. Atleast the police would have approached the court for proper interpretatioin of the conflict.

7 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
arkreality: But why condemming the young guy? Is Fashola not the Chief Security of the state? How can such impunity happen under his nose? Is APC not the party governing Lagos State? Both Local Government and state are all Apc controlled. Atleast the police would have approached the court for proper interpretatioin of the conflict.

All in your attempt to find fault with Fashola and APC....you are willing to vomit the most insane crap I've come across NL today.

Bravo...more grease to your stvpidity..

22 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by samuelkaykay(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lagos and land wahala,land in Lagos will soon finish.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by samuelkaykay(m): 4:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

All in your attempt to find fault with Fashola and APC....you are willing to vomit the most insane crap I've come across NL today.

Bravo...more grease to your stvpidity..
so,you cant get tired of abusing people.keep running frm one thread to another looking for who to abuse.No wonder your name signifies your true identity.

5 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress
An evidence that all GEJ supporters are clueless...

12 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
pandriod:

The fool was hoping to get "LIKES" from his fellow nematodes. Poor ibo sod.

Eggheaders is that you?

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Pangea: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

Walahi
Some people here just hate fashola!
Even if fuel finish for their generator, fashola is to be blamed

@OP
IG no try at all o
500 houses? shocked

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by agbameta: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

Igbo ethnic champions

retards as graduates

ethnic prisms and warped regional predispositions

overzealous pests

rodents

cyber rodents

cheap blackmailers

lazybones

............that's all

13 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by IamDebola: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Space booked.
PM me in case you need it.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by satellitedaisy: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Is badagry Lagos?

Is police government?

Is that Keke inside the house?
grin grin grin
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Olugbenger(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
undecided
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Let the State government investigate this well..

I have said it that the lack of Transparency in Land matters in this country has defrauded millions of Nigerians of their hard earned money.

Some Police people sef my have been involved in allocating these lands to people. I was expecting to see batchers and shanties, but that is a fully built brick house with aluminium roofing. Nobody would build such a house on unconfirmed land.

This should be investigated biko nu.. In this country wey thing shard, na ehn man go lose investment like house?! No na!

8 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Coldfeet(f): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
I just dey laugh!
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
For the first time, there is a post on nairaland about my area... TeamBadagry.... TeamMowo!
Btw, I didnt hear about this demolishing issh o...
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Prowizy2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
OBSERVING!
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Ikengawo: 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
Go and Die
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
Its so easily to destroy, frustrate and difficult to build. They should have been warned.

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Exponental(m): 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress
I dont know d type of medication u need, I really dont know!

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by packman: 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
[size=20pt]I ACTUALLY NEW PEOPLE WHO WERE AFFECTED

GOD HAVE MERCY THEY SAID THE NOTICE WAS ONLY TWO WEEKS

AND THAT THE MATTER WAS STILL IN COURT

EVEN A HOTEL THAT WAS TO BE LAUNCHED TOMORROW WAS DEMOLISHED

I WAS REALLY IN PAIN

I PITY NIGERIA

WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO

TEARS, FEARS, TARES

I WONDER WHATS THE HOPE OF THOSE PEOPLE

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Olugbenger(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
arkreality: But why condemming the young guy? Is Fashola not the Chief Security of the state? How can such impunity happen under his nose? Is APC not the party governing Lagos State? Both Local Government and state are all Apc controlled. Atleast the police would have approached the court for proper interpretatioin of the conflict.
I know you are miserable and i don't intend ending your misery, so i won't insult you for this silly statement.

Tell an adult to read the article to you and explain.

6 Likes

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
The house wey i built for my girlfriend too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Bedroom Bungalow Design, Construction Pictures And Cost / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan / Masters Energy Filling Station On Fire in Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.