Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos (19776 Views)

FG To Build 500 Houses In Partnership With Lafarge / FCT To Demolish 100,435 Buildings / FCTA To Demolish 19 Villages In FCT Abuja Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Aiyekooto: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
arkreality: But why condemming the young guy? Is Fashola not the Chief Security of the state? How can such impunity happen under his nose? Is APC not the party governing Lagos State? Both Local Government and state are all Apc controlled. Atleast the police would have approached the court for proper interpretatioin of the conflict.
Mumu sense activation................checked
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by farano(f): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
#sobs#
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by smjoe(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
May God help us
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Dis is foolishness, how many hoses in lagos state have d so called C of O cos its too expensive to acquire. Nw listen to them they got C of O 2008 nd sum of d landlords built there houses 8 years ago. Government should seek to these people's rescue. Bullshit smellos
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
Police is your Friend... grin

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by omogidi234(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

He saw LAGOS and DEMOLITION....his condemned brain went for Fashola by default.

That is the way they behave typically.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by igbeke: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: An evidence that all GEJ supporters are clueless...
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by igbeke: 8:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: An evidence that all GEJ supporters are clueless...
I wonder y ur fetus was not washed down d toilet, !diot.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
igbeke:
I wonder y ur fetus was not washed down d toilet, !diot.

please take it easy now
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by otokx(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Is the Inspector General that ordered the demolition now an APC member? Why will Nigerians buy land without C of O and then later take the rightful owners to court in the belief that it will linger for a 100 years or more. Good job Police destroy all those houses, people should learn to stop buying government land; same thing is now happening in the University of Port Harcourt area.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by igbeke: 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
segzy14:

please take it easy now
nobody has any right to insult anybody, so y wud some idiotz take pleasure in insulting d person of GEJ and some goats are liking it? wat has he got to do wit dis.
rightly or wrongly, he deserves our respect.
disrespecting him means disrespecting Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by amram(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Olopa o
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
agbameta:

Igbo ethnic champions

retards as graduates

ethnic prisms and warped regional predispositions

overzealous pests

rodents

cyber rodents

cheap blackmailers

lazybones

............that's all

your dad was warned not to marry ur mum he was bent on marrying her now look at the outcome a retard like you.
U only went to univ and graduated wit first class in e-thuggery abi e-rat waiting for wen ur xtravagant dad will die so dat u will bury him beside soakpit bc he has sold all lands generations yet unborn will build on and used the money to party away his n his kids future.
The only 7rooms face me i face u he managed to inherit from his father will now be inherited by u and ur 17 siblings bc u chose to be comforatble with poverty and "we are the most attitude" of ur clueless folks.

Keep sleeping in nairaland and always be an e-gladiator,the lazy igbos will come with nothing few yrs later dey buy ur heritage wen ur parents die u bury dem beside sewage lines,they will live in d estates u will be dragging canals with rats and snakes,dey will be living in highbrow areas ur folks will be overpopulating lagos ghettos and swamps with stilt houses.

Remain an e-urchin afterall "you are the most" educated,enlightened,bravest,intelligent,wisest,wealthiest,toughest,finest est est est bla blah blah keep living in delusion of granduer

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by NMotorwerks: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Fashola, the elite governor.

APC = Anti Poor Congress

Obviously you are delirious and should be sent to a Psych. ward!
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
lawyer: This is the result of not carrying out a proper search. A search at the land registry would have shown that the land has been acquired and a committed land to avoid like a plague. It has nothing to do with APC OR PDP. It's just the individual who chooses to buy a land without taking all the necessary precautions to search properly. Now the Omoniles would have disappeared with their money and that's just the reality on the ground. It's just a lesson for future purchasers of land in Lagos to shine their eyes, do a search so as not to become victims of land wahalas.
Nice one @Lawyer, but who's at fault here? The police that acquired the land 7 yrs ago or the Landlord who acquired and built his house 9 yrs ago. Seriously, I'm at loss here
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by easyz(m): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

He saw LAGOS and DEMOLITION....his condemned brain went for Fashola by default.

That is the way they behave typically.

Finish Him in.......#Mortal combat voice

Heheheheheheheh
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by confusion247(m): 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
pandriod:

The fool was hoping to get "LIKES" from his fellow nematodes. Poor ibo sod.
Next time stick to the topic .....bigot.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
Okija_juju: Let the State government investigate this well..

I have said it that the lack of Transparency in Land matters in this country has defrauded millions of Nigerians of their hard earned money.

Some Police people sef my have been involved in allocating these lands to people. I was expecting to see batchers and shanties, but that is a fully built brick house with aluminium roofing. Nobody would build such a house on unconfirmed land.

This should be investigated biko nu.. In this country wey thing shard, na ehn man go lose investment like house?! No na!

seems like you didn't read the article properly; The victims themselves admitted that they didn't have a c of o (certificate of occupancy). Are police charity, that they will dash out their land; which is meant for building their 'staff quarters'? And they have the c of o sef. And they also issued a warning since 2011. This is a very clear case! Except we want to be sentimental which is what Nigerians know how to do best. And that is one of the main factors limiting development!

In this 21st century, people still dey buy lands that have no proper/complete documentation? It seems some Nigerians enjoy being '419ed'. Goodluck to them! I don't pity them.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Gabbysky:
Nice one @Lawyer, but who's at fault here? The police that acquired the land 7 yrs ago or the Landlord who acquired and built his house 9 yrs ago. Seriously, I'm at loss here
if you bought your land from whoever 20 years ago without documentations, it will still appear at the town planning as a free/unoccupied land! So if another person bought the same land 2 years ago (legally), then bros your 20year old building will be going soon smiley! Why? Cos it is not recognized! Why? Because it was not legally acquired in the first place!

Law can be crazy sometimes....but it brings sanity into people (and it brings it in a hard way to the stubborn ones)
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by miky(m): 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

lol what an 1diot
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by kabba7(m): 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
igbeke:
nobody has any right to insult anybody, so y wud some idiotz take pleasure in insulting d person of GEJ and some goats are liking it? wat has he got to do wit dis.
rightly or wrongly, he deserves our respect.
disrespecting him means disrespecting Nigeria as a whole.

So he (GEJ) deserve my respect that he will get as soon as I receive definite clearance he has step down the quantity of alcohol I don't care for the quality and that corruption Is getting a good beating from government ..
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by kolexy(m): 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
arkreality: But why condemming the young guy? Is Fashola not the Chief Security of the state? How can such impunity happen under his nose? Is APC not the party governing Lagos State? Both Local Government and state are all Apc controlled. Atleast the police would have approached the court for proper interpretatioin of the conflict.

Does the state goverment control the police?
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by femmy2010(m): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2013

APC = Anti Poor Congress

When did fashola become the IG of police?
Read well bro.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Reachboy: 12:08am On Dec 17, 2013
This terrible. Imagine families that has been planing to wonderful Xmas, became homeless some day to Xmas. Image a landlord yesterday became homeless today, very sad. This is a leason for everyone who want to acquire land not only in Lagos, anywhere in d country. Get a qualify survey to help u pick d coordinate of d land & chat d land 4u b4 payment. If possible use 2 different surveyor, it will cost u 20k or less. Don't just buy land from OMO ONILE OR AGENT with charting it. Is better to sacrifice that token than waste more money.

1 Like

Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Singing in fela's voice
Goverrnment fit sell to people cheape cheape,govt. Fit dash people wey. No get money,na to burn burn na him dey sweet dem pass.!!oya. Bringi matches burn burn.
There is one area behind where i live,i have witnessed demolition of large & decent properties like. 3times in. Dat. Zone,meanwhile. After a while u still see. Ignorant people building massive structures there.i even have a friend who built there too despite my warnings of my experience,he has. Been there for more than 5yrs. Now but i know. One day....
Okija_juju: Let the State government investigate this well..

I have said it that the lack of Transparency in Land matters in this country has defrauded millions of Nigerians of their hard earned money.

Some Police people sef my have been involved in allocating these lands to people. I was expecting to see batchers and shanties, but that is a fully built brick house with aluminium roofing. Nobody would build such a house on unconfirmed land.

This should be investigated biko nu.. In this country wey thing shard, na ehn man go lose investment like house?! No na!
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by estyvino(m): 1:44am On Dec 17, 2013
pandriod:

The fool was hoping to get "LIKES" from his fellow nematodes. Poor ibo sod.
Igbo's on your mind all the time, do you hate progress? Beware, less you develope blood problem.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by ChildofChukwu(m): 2:09am On Dec 17, 2013
***Clears throat***
Its really sad that we cannot discuss issues objectively without resorting to insults and the use of abusive/tribalistic words. Why such hatred and intolerance? If you do not agree with another's opinion, is that enough reason to rain abuses instead of giving your own view? It baffles me. With this level of hatred and bitterness in our hearts, how can we grow as a nation!?!
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by DNA123(m): 6:36am On Dec 17, 2013
Some people are dump. What is Fashola's fault in this?
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Lanceslot(m): 6:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Can't believe tears is dropping from my eyes, a friend of mine who told me they relocated there yesterday, called me dis morning that there house has been demolished this morning, what a world.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Boss13: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2013
I think this is an abuse of power by the IGP. Yes the land may belong to the police. However, why take laws into your hands by destroying people's homes. The court should have decided this.

On the other hand, land issue in lagos is now very scary. How can one purchase land without any future problem.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Boss13: 7:08am On Dec 17, 2013
Child_of_Chukwu: ***Clears throat***
Its really sad that we cannot discuss issues objectively without resorting to insults and the use of abusive/tribalistic words. Why such hatred and intolerance? If you do not agree with another's opinion, is that enough reason to rain abuses instead of giving your own view? It baffles me. With this level of hatred and bitterness in our hearts, how can we grow as a nation!?!

I really wonder and surprisingly, this is coming from educated youths and undergraduates. I shake my head and pray that Nigeria do not experience another civil war because of tribalism.
Re: Police Demolish 500 Houses In Lagos by Boss13: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2013
lawyer: This is the result of not carrying out a proper search. A search at the land registry would have shown that the land has been acquired and a committed land to avoid like a plague. It has nothing to do with APC OR PDP. It's just the individual who chooses to buy a land without taking all the necessary precautions to search properly. Now the Omoniles would have disappeared with their money and that's just the reality on the ground. It's just a lesson for future purchasers of land in Lagos to shine their eyes, do a search so as not to become victims of land wahalas.

Lawyer how can one carry out a land search and how can we stop the menace of omoniles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan / Two Bedroom Bungalow Design, Construction Pictures And Cost / Masters Energy Filling Station On Fire in Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.